PDA

View Full Version : Dunno what happened but...NO..

MasterShuriko
20th Oct 2014, 10:45
Have been away for a while and I come back to see troubles.

The game have been getting new abilities, Immolation, executions and stability increases thats awesome thumbs up on that =D

But I keep noticing that the gamesystem that handles the match ups are terrible. I cant seem to find a lobby and start from there, I keep getting into already begun matches where people are afk, dc´d, ragequit, raging and complaining on the teammates, matches where the opposing team is bragging, beaing **** etc.

I even see people with Vac-ban for 2 days ago being online and hacking again soo the anti-cheat / hack program still needs work.

The matches that are premades are OH-so fun since a premade is always good to face off against the non-premade grps wich then leads to what I wrote up above here.

The toxicity in this game is starting to look like LoL (thank god the forums aint there yet).

I would like to see a more functions and Ui based patch next that handles quitters leavers, afk, feeding,Dc´s, ragequits, and a way to report people online and not just through "Steam profile"

A sort of "goodwill" for sticking around in the game that provides u with a bonus on gold / Xp/ loot drops etc?
A Ban on 30 mins and up for repeating leaves of a game or depending on the situation and punishment.
A stat wipe perhaps at some point since It hurts my eyes to see that I somehow Got more matches and a human than a vamp due to people just leaving after they have played as a vampire and dont want to stick around for the human round.

Have noticed that Steam-Achievements is listed but nothing on when and how they are activatable or earned.

The 2 new classes aswell is something that have been teased for I dunno how long now. COME ON! Stop teasing!:poke:

RoflBalast
20th Oct 2014, 11:53
Vac doesn't ban all games at once. You can get vacbanned in cs:go and play cs 1.6 with no problems, but you will be marked on profile.

Toxicity... naaaah game with so much gore is 17+. I think if someone is calling you with bad words you should be able to handle it.

Some fix on ragequiters and feeders is required indeed.

MasterShuriko
20th Oct 2014, 12:47
Toxicity... naaaah game with so much gore is 17+. I think if someone is calling you with bad words you should be able to handle it.

Some fix on ragequiters and feeders is required indeed.

Well I personally play more games where theres less Toxicity. For example do you invite people home to you where they walk in with their shoes dragging around all kinds of dirt? Do you let that happen?
Do you let people harass you at work/ school/ practice?
Just because you watch R+rated movies its ok?

Edited due to spelling.

Sarioya
21st Oct 2014, 00:41

It's not so much about bad words being thrown around as it is about the attitude behind them. I expect a certain amount of trash talk in competitive games, but when people are verbally abusing their teammates because they're still learning or aren't as good as an average level 40, then we have a problem. Thankfully, I've only run into a few people that did that, but I'm sure that there are way more out there, and that I've just been lucky. Still, I'd really like to see something implemented to head off this sort of behavior before it gets out of hand.

As for feeding, depending on what exactly is meant by that, that could just be a simple difference in skill that could be worked out with the promised advanced matchmaking that is "coming soon."

MasterShuriko
21st Oct 2014, 09:33
As for feeding, depending on what exactly is meant by that, that could just be a simple difference in skill that could be worked out with the promised advanced matchmaking that is "coming soon."

Sorry my mistake ^^ By feeding I am talking about one or multiple people running to the enemy team and stands still letting them kill them. or using abilities to hurt themselves giving the opposing team the kill / point.

Pannendienst
21st Oct 2014, 17:27
There shouldn't be something like punish leaving people. A lot of player still getting crashes all the time.

Sanguise23
21st Oct 2014, 20:56
There shouldn't be something like punish leaving people. A lot of player still getting crashes all the time.
agreed!

Headstrikerx
22nd Oct 2014, 05:20
They already admitted that matchmaking is broken atm, my bet is, they will try to get it right when they go open beta. Hopefully!

KaininitePriestess
22nd Oct 2014, 14:13
I for one don't think that it's acceptable anymore to just tell people to "learn to live with it" when people are being vitriolic and abusive in a game. I'm a big girl, tyvm, 30 years old to be exact, and I know how to not let it get to me, but that doesn't mean that there aren't times when being screamed at and cursed at because I "stole a kill" from someone then harassed nonstop for an hour straight when I was simply attacking everything I saw in the middle of a battle does still get to even me. Not to mention I've literally had multiple men at one time begin yelling absolutely disgusting, vulgar, sexual things at me, ranting over each other until you could hardly tell how many there were (two or three, from what I could tell) all directed at me when they heard me chatting on the voice system.

The game has it's gameplay issues, and of course those are getting worked on and the developers are doing their best, but we as a community need to stand up and let it be known that that kind of behavior is not ok.

Me? I'm stubborn as #$%^#, so when someone starts acting that way, I just buckle down and refuse to do what they want me to do. Which is usually just leave or shut up. No. I'm here to play, and you're not going to make me stop. But if one person says it's not ok and the another person excuses it, it's just going to perpetuate the idea that this behavior is ok.

A little bit of trash-talk is ok. I do it, too. If it's in a friendly manner and it's obvious no hard feelings are meant behind it, fine, it makes it more fun. But we all know when that line is crossed, and there are people that cross it intentionally just to try and prove something.

Luckily, it doesn't happen very often, but the times that it does are noticeable and they do leave an impression, and frankly, I'm rather sick of it. If you can't play like a mature adult, then maybe you need to get off the internet and go take a nap like the baby you're emulating, and leave the adults to enjoy themselves instead of ruining it for everyone. Because it does upset more then just the person it's directed at, believe me.

Mind you, this isn't directed at anyone here, because everyone on the forums has been nothing but sweet, so don't take this to mean I was talking to any of you. :) I just...yeah. There were a couple of times in the past couple of weeks that rather got under my skin. I reported them, but little good it did when they were still able to follow me around and continuously yell at me no matter what I did in a match.

Razaiim
23rd Oct 2014, 01:31
Not gonna lie, I was quite unimpressed when I returned too MShuriko. The close knit community feeling is gone, and the sea of people that could care-less, care too much, or are just out to ruin everyone's day for kicks has started coming in. Not to mention some of the recent patches have been alienating me from the game steadily via questionable balance choices and technical issues I have not experienced since I got in to the game last november.

--Ram--
23rd Oct 2014, 02:49
Sometimes it's best to just mute and ignore. Pub games always have some element of people who are not worth listening to or plain unbearable.

RoflBalast
23rd Oct 2014, 10:30
Too much text to quote
I personally do blame some people in ks in nosgoth, but how that happen. Me and my friend engage with tyrant/deceiver tyrant/reaver combo. We catch all disables/nukes and try to stay alive, hoping that rest of our team can assist, but instead of helping is they are waiting for "dat exact moment when i can get a kill because playing vampire is about waiting", thus not helping in engage with anything. Most of the time those guys play sentinels or pounce reavers.
There is also "proplay enrage tyrants" which never jump/charge first, but wait for whole team to deal 80% dmg and receive easy kills. Good tyrant engage. (http://www.twitch.tv/roflblast/c/5347009)joke

KaininitePriestess
23rd Oct 2014, 14:20
I personally do blame some people in ks in nosgoth, but how that happen. Me and my friend engage with tyrant/deceiver tyrant/reaver combo. We catch all disables/nukes and try to stay alive, hoping that rest of our team can assist, but instead of helping is they are waiting for "dat exact moment when i can get a kill because playing vampire is about waiting", thus not helping in engage with anything. Most of the time those guys play sentinels or pounce reavers.
There is also "proplay enrage tyrants" which never jump/charge first, but wait for whole team to deal 80% dmg and receive easy kills. Good tyrant engage. (http://www.twitch.tv/roflblast/c/5347009)joke

The thing is, there's a difference between constructive crit and outright abuse. There are often times when it crosses the line unforgivably. If someone doesn't seem to know the proper strat, teach them. If they won't be taught, @#$% 'em. But don't start screaming and cursing and harassing them.

And trust me, those types of teams infuriate me, too. Had a match like that the other day. Seemed like I was the only person on the team actually doing anything, while they just crouched and watched from the distance. They wouldn't even pop grenades or smoke bombs, just sat there. And as a Deceiver, I'm not exactly the best front-liner.

Vampmaster
23rd Oct 2014, 14:59
People tell me I'm not playing as a team when I'm shooting at the enemy that's currently attacking them. Then they tell me I'm charging in by myself when all three of them have been stood around for 30 seconds or more with no one wanting to go first. Or they yell at me to stop it as if I'm getting myself killed on purpose or talk to me like I'm stupid by telling me I'm supposed to aim at the enemy and not get hit. I ignore them most of the time, but sometimes it puts me off so much that my performance drops further and *occasionally* I've lost my temper and started answering back. I apologise if I've done that to anyone here.

I know the basics are to watch each other's backs, attack as a team and not go in by your self, but sometimes that's easier said than done. Sometimes it's a case of not being good at aiming, or not memorizing how far a jump is going to go or something as simple as not being good with a keyboard.

If you (anyone) want to give advice, try not to state the obvious or act condescending because that's rarely helpful.

TheDreamcrusher
23rd Oct 2014, 16:16
Everyone has bad games now and then, and I almost never say anything bad about my team mates. I'd just prefer everyone enjoy their game and play with the state of mind that no one else is there for my entertainment. Sometimes I do, when people hang back and watch me die over and over because I engage first. However, I'll be damned if someone is going to start criticizing and harassing me without me saying anything back. Productive, I know, but little shi theads thinking it's cool for them to mouth to whoever are the people I like the least. Like KaininitePriestess said, in the past few weeks I've had people get under my skin. I probably will just stop responding in game altogether.

For the time being I have no hard feelings about people leaving games when playing against premade groups. I understand sometimes you don't want to waste 20 minutes being beat on with no significant chance of making a comeback. Sometimes I stick it out to see how clever I can be on my own. That's just the state of matchmaking right now.

RoflBalast
24th Oct 2014, 09:39
And as a Deceiver, I'm not exactly the best front-liner.
Try infect, shroud, roll roll roll roll roll roll. You're going to bait more "disables" than tyrant. or catch one and instagib