PDA

View Full Version : Exploiting low detail settings...

Guardian1uk
4th Oct 2015, 03:42
This is something the Devs need to look at, as it's know some people delibrately run their graphic settings on low in order to be able to see through scout's Camouflage and Deceivers disguise, especialy league matches.

The suggestion I'd have is look at what point detail settings allow people to exploit it to see through the above and set that as the point where the game DOES NOT draw anything for the scout or deceiver while Camouflage or disguise is running, and possibly deceivers cloak ability, to make it pointless running low detail settings just to gain an advantage like that.

PS please note as said this is a well known and common trick used across a veriaty of games including, but not limited ot nosgoth/heroes of the storm etc.

So possibly consider going back through perviously submitted DXDiags, logs etc, looking for people who's PCs should be running above low settings, yet they had them set low and then keep an eye on them in ranked :)

vampirelucky
4th Oct 2015, 09:30
Camouflage and Phase don't offer full invisibility - their users can be seen at ANY video settings. Deciever's Disguise is currently bugged and you can see their footsteps at ANY video settings.

I would advice you to stay clear of Camo in Ranked as many (all) experienced players can track a Scout in it without abusing any bugs.

GrayPhilosophy
4th Oct 2015, 11:31
Camouflage and Phase don't offer full invisibility - their users can be seen at ANY video settings. Deciever's Disguise is currently bugged and you can see their footsteps at ANY video settings.

I would advice you to stay clear of Camo in Ranked as many (all) experienced players can track a Scout in it without abusing any bugs.

What he said.

I run medium/high settings and it's pretty easy to see through camouflage unless the scout is particularly sneaky.

akr0nym
6th Oct 2015, 13:31
some people delibrately run their graphic settings on low in order to be able to see through scout's Camouflage and Deceivers disguise

As already mentioned: wrong. you can see camouflaged scout always on close range, even on high settings.
For disguise: dust from footsteps is also visible on close range.

off topic:
Besides from all that you can hear it pretty good with a headset. deceiver footsteps are audible, if scout draws for a full charged shot you hear it (gotta b real close) and there are some specific deceiver sounds also. (although there is a bug atm with the illusion footsteps, they are still played tho you killedthem already,, now it's really off-topic) c:

Ilooking for people who's PCs should be running above low settings, yet they had them set low and then keep an eye on them in ranked

I totally disagree. Despite of the fact that you really have unfair advantages with potato settings (smoke bomb, which can be fixed by the devs) you actually have to use them if you want to run the game fluently (get high fps)

I have a beast pc and therefore maxed all settings out in the first place. Had a few mini lags from time to time and didnt really check the fps. Played with it for quite a while.

Then I recently decided to tweak the settings via cfg and make the game look like a raw potato...

Here we go, 120-140fps ingame, way easier to shoot vamps no matter which human class. :p

Greetings,

Akronym