PDA

View Full Version : Finding players for Ranked games

Firehex
3rd Oct 2015, 17:44
So, just check out this screenshot (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=529089867).
We won first round with easy and this player" mkay "really carryed us. On next round someone said he's #1 Eternal player. :eek: I checked it after game and it's true.

Here comes the question - what is the point of ranked status games, if top #1 player can play with amateur players in Silver league ? :mad:

Someone in other topic was right: current ranked system is just about not having noobs in your own team and grind. :( I'm dissapointed.

P.S. Also this ranked series brings us 2-3 sentinels every game, people who dodge lobby ( lots of them) and sometimes leavers when game didn't even start. Enjoy it guys!

akr0nym
5th Oct 2015, 15:24
So, just check out this screenshot (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=529089867).
We won first round with easy and this player" mkay "really carryed us. On next round someone said he's #1 Eternal player. :eek: I checked it after game and it's true.

Here comes the question - what is the point of ranked status games, if top #1 player can play with amateur players in Silver league ? :mad:

Someone in other topic was right: current ranked system is just about not having noobs in your own team and grind. :( I'm dissapointed.

P.S. Also this ranked series brings us 2-3 sentinels every game, people who dodge lobby ( lots of them) and sometimes leavers when game didn't even start. Enjoy it guys!

Simple Answer: There is none.
The whole concept at the moment is just pathetic and depends as already mentioned on pure grinding.

I highly doubt that the devs gonna change the current matchmaking system anytime soon or implement a new logical one that fits for leagues.

BTW: The 'leaving the lobby when the game is about to start'-bug/troll has existed in the previous league already. At least the game doesn't crash randomly anymore and punish you with -14 penalty (even if you reconnect) (or not so far, at least not for me).

When I first played leagues I hoped the system would work something like this:

1. Play 5 matches depending on your MMR.
2. Get placed in a league.
3. Play against players WITHIN this league.
4. Have fun whilst playing until you reach total pros.

Despite of that, this idea is also not gonna work out with the current system.. I think it would require a bit more than win/losses of a match to decide whether you honor a promotion to another league placement or not.

(Total off topic:
imao this league withe the $10k prize pool is just marketing to gain new players.
besides, making a league and calling it SOLO in a team based game like nos is dumb anyway.
In CS you can kill several players in a row if you are experienced (and with some luck)... But not in Nosgoth... at least not the same way.

Never mind. :D
Have fun!

Akronym

Firehex
5th Oct 2015, 17:35
In CS you can kill several players in a row if you are experienced (and with some luck)... But not in Nosgoth... at least not the same way.

I lost few games in row today, because experienced players raped my unexperienced team... When i see damage difference in 10k damage i'm sure we are not from same division.

P.S. dodging lobby happens non stop.

Arydious
5th Oct 2015, 17:44
1. Play 5 matches depending on your MMR.
2. Get placed in a league.
3. Play against players WITHIN this league.
4. Have fun whilst playing until you reach total pros.

Akronym

This is how it should be, you play against players to get the number 1 spot in a bracket, when you beat number one in a bracket you start playing others from another bracket to see if you can move up.

Firehex
5th Oct 2015, 17:49
This is how it should be, you play against players to get the number 1 spot in a bracket, when you beat number one in a bracket you start playing others from another bracket to see if you can move up.

But amount of players in this game can hurt...You know - waiting time :(

Firehex
5th Oct 2015, 22:44
I am really tired of "current MM " system, but we all know what there is none. Today i won only 1 game and only because we played against leaver. I've already lost vs team where 2 was from eternal division( i'm still in gold). Why for the god sake i play against them ?! I just want oponents and teammates of my skill lvl or at least division. Just god damn fairplay.

Ok, in another game just for test i took my worst human class( vg) and still did second damage in team O_o It means my teammates much worse... It's just...:mad: I can't say in polite way how i'm angry on nosgosth devs what they didn't implent clasic ranking system.

Arydious
6th Oct 2015, 02:48
The amount of games i lost today because the team didn't want to play like a team is ridiculous.

Anyway about matchmaking, The big fear is there isn't enough player base to support changes to it yet. However matchmaking itself is preventing people from wanting to play the game.

Firehex
6th Oct 2015, 12:39
Things became even worse. My friend had same luck yesterday ( only 1 win) , but he started to use old "method". If in second round your team are vampires, then just get some advantage with points and ... just camp on roofs.
He convinced his team not to risk and just stay away from humans for 8 minutes. Is it what you want Nosgoth devs ? :mad:

riccetto80
7th Oct 2015, 22:12
I lost few games in row today, because experienced players raped my unexperienced team... When i see damage difference in 10k damage i'm sure we are not from same division.

P.S. dodging lobby happens non stop.

there also a lot of cheaters, many cheater site released new nosgoth cheat because of the money prize, cheater are willing to invest money to gain money, and cheaters programmer know this and gave their attention to nosgoth in last some week.

akr0nym
8th Oct 2015, 08:08
there also a lot of cheaters, many cheater site released new nosgoth cheat because of the money prize, cheater are willing to invest money to gain money, and cheaters programmer know this and gave their attention to nosgoth in last some week.

At least the game gets some more attention :D

Firehex
9th Oct 2015, 02:08
True :D Anyway i didn't see cheaters yet or they were just too bad even with cheats =)

akr0nym
9th Oct 2015, 12:08
Me neither. Just total newbies in games with or against high exp'ed players. :D