PDA

View Full Version : "Join only to lobby" option and auto forfeit when teams arent balanced.

Necro71
18th Oct 2014, 12:20
Like title says, we need this option RIGHT NOW! In Play screen there should be button to mark "Join only game in lobby" witch will allow us to choose not to join games in progress.

Also game should auto forfeit as an draw for both sides when teams are not balanced. It should activate for example after 45 seconds of playing in unbalanced teams (1v4, 2v4, 3v4, 5v3).

SiD_Green
18th Oct 2014, 16:16
Why should games auto-forfeit? Who is helped by that? Completing the game gives players some practice, some gold, and the developers (presumably) get some useful data. This solution would only help people who's main concern is their win/loss ratio, which I think is a ridiculous priority in the context of a closed beta.

Necro71
18th Oct 2014, 17:49
Why should games auto-forfeit? Who is helped by that? Completing the game gives players some practice, some gold, and the developers (presumably) get some useful data. This solution would only help people who's main concern is their win/loss ratio, which I think is a ridiculous priority in the context of a closed beta.
You cant call playing 1v4 or 2v4 a practice, its just waste of time, in game like that people join and leave. Ofcourse idea have its flavs, becouse it would be abused by players who dont wanna get game lose, maybe option to vote fo forfeit would be better i dont know, but this is plague of Nosgoth right now, people leaveing whenever they wasnna without any repercussions. Beacouse of broken matchmaking and joining to games in 2nd half with score 15-1 , you cant lern anything form that, people wanna play normal game, and right now we get frustrating matchmaking when sometime you need to look for game from beginning for 20 minutes just to have 2 people from oponnents or ur team quit when thers score 2-0.

SiD_Green
18th Oct 2014, 22:04
Sure leavers are a problem, but realistically speaking, it's not one that can be solved until the matchmaking system is properly functioning. I don't honestly see how a vote to surrender option is much different from people just quitting, except that now nobody can join to finish the game. It does happen sometimes that several people quit, but it ends up being a good match because people join before the score is too imbalanced.

--Ram--
19th Oct 2014, 04:17
I like the idea of join to lobby, but I think the auto forfeit option you speak of is an overreaction.

Often a player will leave and not long after someone else will join and the game is still fine. If it happens to a vamp team you can just chill for a minute and see if someone joins.

Often the reason people leave is because the match is one sided. Yes this sucks if the matchmaking was off - this will be sorted in time, but still i don't see why a team should be punished for playing well and winning a round, just because members of the other team got upset.

Lastly sometimes 3v4s are winnable and actually quite fun. I would not like to be forced to forfeit a round/match I am enjoying and winning.

cmstache
19th Oct 2014, 13:23
I enjoy playing 2v4 or 1v4 games. It's more insulting when you get a kill. In fact it's more practice when trying to practice not dying (more important than anything else in the game). In fact I remember a game a while back where myself and Saturn were in a 2v4 and our team left. We were down by about 6 kills. By the time more players joined we had tied the game back up. You can still practice during unbalanced teams.

PencileyePirate
19th Oct 2014, 17:37
I agree that we need an option to opt-out of ongoing matches when searching for lobbies.

I disagree with any sort of auto-forfeit when teams are unbalanced, but would like to see a team switch option for 2v3, 1v3, etc.

Necro71
19th Oct 2014, 18:37
Ok, maybe auto forfeit is to much in this case, i still think that playing 3v4 isnt winnable (rarely when much better 3 person team plays weak 4 players) but ur right guys.
So how about auto team balance? when game goes 2v4 auto balance automatically throw random person from bigger team to smaller one?
If nothing will be done with this it will be real pain in many games. Only alternative option would be serious punishments for quitting people (from fiew h's after first quit incresing for every next one to fiew days/weeks in total) quitting timer could be restarted back to zero once per month-two and people would start from beginning. Ofcourse there are people who just need to quit game couse they have irl things to do ASAP and this is understandable thing, so make it for example like that:
1st quit - 30min ban
2nd quit- 1h ban
3rd - 2h's
4th - 12h's
5th - 36h's
6th - 72h's
It's like in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive system and it works.
There are low punishemnts for fiew first quitts so it does not hurt that much people who need to quit becouse they have to walk off from computer, but its getting bigger for often quitting people.
Also there should be Auto-kick option for AFK players who are AFK more than 60-90 seconds.

SiD_Green
19th Oct 2014, 20:00
Right, those kinds of punishments make sense, but not until the MM system is working well enough that it won't happen due to an error.

Also, I think afk players do get auto-kicked, though I don't know the timing.

5amael_
19th Oct 2014, 20:25
Also, I think afk players do get auto-kicked, though I don't know the timing.

Im fairly sure autokick timer is 2min for afk players.

Also id definitely think the 'Only join Lobbies' option would be quite nice, though it would most likely mean that if players leave a game in progress it would stay unbalanced, maybe not but id think the wait at least would be longer.

JanusDominus
23rd Oct 2014, 17:51
Joining games in progress is total BS, I'M SO DAMN TIRED OF IT. I get ZERO enjoyment out of the game when its lost BEFORE IT BLOODY STARTED FOR ME. Why the bloody **** should I finish someone else's match? Just as I don't go to a cafe to eat someone's goddamn leftovers, I don't want to play a match so bad people are leaving it. Not for the losing side anyway. MY stats are getting **** in the eye because I keep getting unbalanced matches - AND I CAN'T EVEN BLOODY CANCEL JOINING THOSE MATCHES BECAUSE THERE IS NO TIMER FOR THEM. It's as if it was designed that way so people don't refuse it and let me tell you, this is horrible.

Necro71
24th Oct 2014, 12:25
Joining games in progress is total BS, I'M SO DAMN TIRED OF IT. I get ZERO enjoyment out of the game when its lost BEFORE IT BLOODY STARTED FOR ME. Why the bloody **** should I finish someone else's match? Just as I don't go to a cafe to eat someone's goddamn leftovers, I don't want to play a match so bad people are leaving it. Not for the losing side anyway. MY stats are getting **** in the eye because I keep getting unbalanced matches - AND I CAN'T EVEN BLOODY CANCEL JOINING THOSE MATCHES BECAUSE THERE IS NO TIMER FOR THEM. It's as if it was designed that way so people don't refuse it and let me tell you, this is horrible.

agree.