PDA

View Full Version : League Beta 2 (Solo) is LIVE with a $10,000 Prize Pool

Oghamsmith
1st Oct 2015, 15:29
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/626/blog/ub3.jpg

We’ll rain down a shower of steel and wood the likes of which these vile beasts have never seen. They think they can dominate us? They think they can COMMAND US? They know nothing. WE WILL RISE. WE WILL DESTROY THEM!
- Toleth the Tooth Collector

Nosgoth Leagues Beta 2 has arrived, and with this epic clash of Vampires and Humans comes a veritable treasure trove of $$$, keys, exclusive skins and notoriety. Not only will the top 100 players in the Nosgoth Solo League win cash from a $10,000 prize pool, the Bloody Victor Alchemist skin and Chest Keys; but they’ll have their names marked down in the annals of history, ensuring a heroic legacy that only the most elite players can claim.

Don’t manage to quite hit the top 100 players? Fear not, you can still fight your way into the Blood Tier to pick up the Bloody Victor Alchemist skin and Chest Keys!

Join the Fight!
Signing up to the League is as simple as loading up Nosgoth, getting to at least level 10; and agreeing to the Beta 2 League Terms and Conditions. With that done, you’ll want to jump into League matches to start racking up those points and climbing the leaderboard.

The Spoils of War
With plenty of money, bloodied skins and keys up for grabs; you’ll probably want to know how the quartermasters will be divvying up the plunder, right? Feast your eyes on this:

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/623/blog/twitch-1080x1920-beta2.jpg

Aiming to get into the top 100 players? These are the $$$ prize positions you’re fighting for.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/627/blog/prizebreakdown.jpg

Vital Statistics
Time to get down to brass tacks. Let’s take a look at a few key league points.

Start & End Date:

Beta League 2 begins on Thursday the 1st of October, and runs until the 1st of November at 3am GMT/31st of October at 11PM EDT.

League Match Times:

League Matches can be played between 15:00 GMT/11AM EDT and 03:00 GMT(the next day)/11PM EDT every day. (European players need to keep daylight savings time in mind)

Square Enix Membership Account Required:

Make sure that you’ve got your Square Enix Membership and Steam accounts linked! You’ll need to do this to be eligible for all prizes.

Age – Not for little Humans:

As Nosgoth is a mature game, participants must of course be at least 18 years of age to play and compete. Terms and Conditions:

You can check out the Terms & Conditions HERE, you’ll need to agree to those in-game to be eligible for the prizes.

League Structure:
The Nosgoth Solo League Beta 2 will run from the 1st to the 31st of October. During this time your goal is to climb as far up the ladder as possible. You’ll do this by playing well, coordinating with your team; and winning League matches. Should you fall short and lose the match, you will lose League Points, so tread carefully when fighting upon League battlefields.

Your position will be locked in place on the 1st of November at 3AM GMT/31st of October at 11PM EDT.

Once all positions have been verified, in-game prizing will be distributed the following week. Those who make it to the Eternal League will receive an email from Square Enix detailing the next steps for your prize collection.

Get In-Game, And Get Slaying!
Alright everyone. That’s it for the time being. It’s time to jump in-game and start climbing that ladder!

Should you have any further questions, we’ve put together a super quick FAQ that may answer them. If you’ve still got questions after that, please feel free to pop them in the comments here.

FAQ
How will monetary prizes be delivered?
PayPal will be the primary method, although those who cannot use PayPal will be able to provide us with your bank account details.
We’re working in conjunction with the fine folks over at ESL to get the monetary prizes to the top 100 players. You’ll receive an email from Square Enix once the season is over with further steps to take.

Will a Team League be coming?
We’re certainly working on getting a Team League into Nosgoth. As our beta progresses we'll talk more about that.
For anyone who wants to play competitively with teams NOW, the fine folks over at ESL are running weekly and monthly tournaments for Nosgoth. We’ve just outlined our plans with ESL in greater detail, you can learn more about them here.

How do I know if my Steam and Square Enix Accounts are linked?
If they’re not linked, you’ll see a prompt to link them whenever you load the game. If you don’t see that prompt, then your accounts are linked. Hooray!

Florida, New York & Rhode Island
Unfortunately, due to a considerable amount of legal red tape in place in these states, players living in any of these regions will not be eligible to win the monetary prize portions of the prize pool. We’re investigating possible solutions to this issue for future League seasons, but this is quite a long, and potentially complex, legal process.

Guardian1uk
2nd Oct 2015, 11:39
Why aren't the leagues 24H at this stage? why still have a time restriction on availability?

SirRudyMan
2nd Oct 2015, 13:19
These US times are killing me :( Every day I have to wait till 5pm before I can start playing league. I end up playing at night, which is less fun when you're tired :zzZ:

If you can't make this league 24/7, please consider adding at least 4 hours of game time, so most of us in Europe can start at 1pm instead of 5pm.

11:00 GMT/7AM EDT to 03:00 GMT/11PM EDT will be much better for us folks in Europe.

Oghamsmith
2nd Oct 2015, 15:10
The Leagues are still in Beta, it's easier to track what's going when there's a limited window, and gives us some League downtime during which we can make alterations/fixes if necessary.

SirRudyMan
2nd Oct 2015, 15:42
The Leagues are still in Beta, it's easier to track what's going when there's a limited window, and gives us some League downtime during which we can make alterations/fixes if necessary.

That 'limited window' is now based on US times, why not create a time window that is both good for US and EU? :scratch:

Oghamsmith
2nd Oct 2015, 16:28
That 'limited window' is now based on US times, why not create a time window that is both good for US and EU? :scratch:
The current window is based on the best single window for both Europe and North America. The vast majority of gamers over 18 don't get home from work/school until after 5, hence the window starts before then for Europe.

kLauE187
2nd Oct 2015, 17:06
There's a player always trolling lobbies. The thing is if you leave the lobby after the sound played, you don't get punished and the game starts 3on4. Could this get a fix soon? I guess he does this atleast 20+ times a day just to **** up people. Or is there any chance to just ban this player named [redacted]. I guess most people can confirm that he does this almost every time. Most toxic guy i ever saw in this game.

SirRudyMan
2nd Oct 2015, 17:25
There's a player always trolling lobbies. The thing is if you leave the lobby after the sound played, you don't get punished and the game starts 3on4. Could this get a fix soon? I guess he does this atleast 20+ times a day just to **** up people. Or is there any chance to just ban this player named [redacted]. I guess most people can confirm that he does this almost every time. Most toxic guy i ever saw in this game.

Yeah, I had the same problem, I posted about it in this thread (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=174553&p=2168165#post2168165).

HexMee
2nd Oct 2015, 20:04
You HAVE to hotfix how lobbies work in ranked leagues you HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO!
9 out of 10 people are just up and leaving the lobbies they get put in if they feel like they're not going to win the game because the enemy side looks intimidating.

Me and my fellow high tier players are going to ridiculous lengths to hide their identities to even be able to get a game going in a reasonable time because of it.

I kid you not i've seen players:
1: Change name/profile picture to hide their identity.
2: Set steam profile to private & change name 10 more times to take up the "recent names used" history on steam profile.
3: Removed majority of friends on their steam account to make sure the other players don't know what name they are currently under.

This will only continue and get even worse as more people realize you can just leave any lobby you feel you might not win and the wait times will grow untill we are all unable to play the game at all.

REMOVE LOBBIES OR ADD PENALTY FOR LEAVING THE LOBBY!
And do it quick because daylight's burning for your poor players that desperately want to get into eternal for that cash price.

kLauE187
2nd Oct 2015, 20:19
lobbgydodging is a fine mechanic. then i can go for 90% winrate ezpz

SirRudyMan
2nd Oct 2015, 20:34
You HAVE to hotfix how lobbies work in ranked leagues you HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO!
9 out of 10 people are just up and leaving the lobbies they get put in if they feel like they're not going to win the game because the enemy side looks intimidating.

Me and my fellow high tier players are going to ridiculous lengths to hide their identities to even be able to get a game going in a reasonable time because of it.

I kid you not i've seen players:
1: Change name/profile picture to hide their identity.
2: Set steam profile to private & change name 10 more times to take up the "recent names used" history on steam profile.
3: Removed majority of friends on their steam account to make sure the other players don't know what name they are currently under.

This will only continue and get even worse as more people realize you can just leave any lobby you feel you might not win and the wait times will grow untill we are all unable to play the game at all.

REMOVE LOBBIES OR ADD PENALTY FOR LEAVING THE LOBBY!
And do it quick because daylight's burning for your poor players that desperately want to get into eternal for that cash price.

We don't need more penalties, we need better matchmaking. Nobody wants to go against a team where each player has 300+ hours and your team has players with less than 100 hours. If they fix the matchmaking rating system people won't have to leave the lobby.

And removing the lobby altogether will only work with a flawless matchmaking system. The current matchmaking system isn't good enough (yet) to support lobby-less playing.

kLauE187
2nd Oct 2015, 20:42
We don't need more penalties, we need better matchmaking. Nobody wants to go against a team where each player has 300+ hours and your team has players with less than 100 hours. If they fix the matchmaking rating system people won't have to leave the lobby.

And removing the lobby altogether will only work with a flawless matchmaking system. The current matchmaking system isn't good enough (yet) to support lobby-less playing.

It's not possible, playerbase. kthxbye

Endsequenz
2nd Oct 2015, 21:07
Yeah...
Also another thing you already were bothering about yourself (SirRudyMan) would be fixed with it...lobby dodging the last second.

I don´t understand how something like choosing a lobby i like can even be possible in this game, it´s just a huge joke.
And I am not one of them, that has to be dodged (which I also get btw) , I am somebody that wants this in a fair way.
Which means, that we all have to play with 50h players..and we all have to play against the guys above, that eat us for breakfirst.
No choosing of raisin-games...
And if everybody would have to play the same games, well maybe the match making system would also look a bit better at the end.
I wrote so much about this...I don´t get it, why nobody cares about this issue.

kLauE187
2nd Oct 2015, 23:51
60% grind, 30% lobby-dodging skills, 10% game-skill. welcome to league =)

SaintlyXII
3rd Oct 2015, 02:18
Lobby-dodging is fine.
If they wanna remove it they need to make some serious changes to MM/add region lock's. (I won't go into details for obvious reasons.)

Also, any bonus pool changes comming anytime soon?
I understand the logic behind giving points to the loosing team (especially in lower ratings) but at higher levels it's becoming an issue imho.

Talespin
3rd Oct 2015, 03:18
Leagues with prize money were a great idea Psyonix keep up the good work, you guys really know what you're doing. Every person in every thread relating to leagues telling you they were a terrible idea were clearly wrong. You sure showed them.

Da_Wolv
3rd Oct 2015, 08:29
Yep. I can't even say I blame people for doing it anymore.

Lobby-dodging is fine.
If they wanna remove it they need to make some serious changes to MM/add region lock's. (I won't go into details for obvious reasons.)

Believe it or not, MM is actually fine, problem is, the server picks out 8 players from the pool, matches them in a reasonable way, and then someone leaves, upsetting the balance and instead of putting the players back into the pool and starting anew, the server tries to fill the missing slot.
Then a new guy joins, another guy leaves.
Repeat this 4 times and then you have 1 strong team and 1 team that didnt know the enemy will be that strong:
31:0 - gg ez - repeat.

riccetto80
3rd Oct 2015, 09:17

Also try to play in a group starting all together the search,m work fine most of times, you end up in the same team lol and coordinate in ts...

Believe it or not, MM is actually fine

nope

Da_Wolv
3rd Oct 2015, 09:28
nope

Not saying it's perfect, but its much better than what people give it credit for.
If we would bypass the lobbies I believe games would be much more balanced.
One side has to win after all, and losing can also be bad to varying degrees:
The games predicts, on the basis of the player's stats, which team is likely to win and hands out points relative to that.
If team A is predicted to win, they gain less points when they win and more points when they lose compared to team B.
At least that's how it's suppossed to work.

Sirfy1
3rd Oct 2015, 12:01
Is the end-game going to remain as it is? It's gotten a tad better, but still really annoying that I can't see what item I got [I miss seeing what others got, too] and I really miss seeing how well I did overall in a match :/ Also, it quits before I can really see the league-points. I've yet to really see the stuff on the side to get what all that means.

I don't see a point on why it needed to be tweaked to begin with. If people didn't want to wait for the whole thing to finish, they'd leave [I don't think leaving then gives a penalty?]

senjuj
3rd Oct 2015, 17:26
i dont care about prizes, but i like real solo game except 50-hour nubz.

riccetto80
3rd Oct 2015, 17:44
Not saying it's perfect, but its much better than what people give it credit for.
If we would bypass the lobbies I believe games would be much more balanced.
One side has to win after all, and losing can also be bad to varying degrees:
The games predicts, on the basis of the player's stats, which team is likely to win and hands out points relative to that.
If team A is predicted to win, they gain less points when they win and more points when they lose compared to team B.
At least that's how it's suppossed to work.

How is suppose to work means ZERO, by talk anything can be sold as "very good".

there are seller who can talk and sold to people stuff people dont need, but talking seems all so good, lol.

Talk is nothing, fact count, by fact nosgoth never had a decent matchmaking, never ever.

SaintlyXII
3rd Oct 2015, 19:23
How to fix MM:
Step 1: Remove premades in solo. Its called solo series for a reason.
Step 2: Match dont mix leagues, match only ppl from same league both as team and as enemy and nothing more/less, eternal/plat/gold/silver/bronze/Russians. (You can match blood with eternals since the skill lvls are close and sicne there are only 100 et.)
Step 3: Start punishing leavers, more than 5 leaves = banned for the rest of league period seems fair enough.

P.S. 12th Blood I on 1st month/80 hours of playtime/CBeta tester/Paying customer - getting this on my team:
http://www.yoops.de/di-5YGD.png

Believe it or not, MM is actually fine

uNborn-
3rd Oct 2015, 21:13
This guy is well known in the community for going afk in matches when he loses (he loses a lot). Then he queue dodges when he thinks he has no chance winning ( which is a lot) and sometimes he forces a 3v4. Did I mention because of the current ranking system he is #3 eternal? rofl. You really have outdone yourself here SE.
[redacted]

Theres money on the line and SE is doing nothing about it. Once again.... This is the landfill that you have made possible by injecting a great sum of money into a Anticheat -less grind fest. Where is your mind.

AntiqueGod
3rd Oct 2015, 22:25
This guy is well known in the community for going afk in matches when he loses (he loses a lot). Then he queue dodges when he thinks he has no chance winning ( which is a lot) and sometimes he forces a 3v4. Did I mention because of the current ranking system he is #3 eternal? rofl. You really have outdone yourself here SE.
[redacted]

Theres money on the line and SE is doing nothing about it. Once again.... This is the landfill that you have made possible by injecting a great sum of money into a Anticheat -less grind fest. Where is your mind.

I created even topic for this "guy" http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=174836&p=2168769#post2168769

riccetto80
3rd Oct 2015, 22:31
Step 3: Start punishing leavers, more than 5 leaves = banned for the rest of league period seems fair enough.

Naa, i propose something better, a nosgoth dev trace the ip and go to leavers home to broke his legs!!! if leave more of 3 match in the ranked!

anyway the "prizes will bring new player" seems not work at all: http://steamcharts.com/app/200110

hopefully will be a wake up call for nosgoth devs, myself i play only 3 matches, so far, really 0 fun and 0 need to open nosgoth and play

SaintlyXII
3rd Oct 2015, 23:51
Naa, i propose something better, a nosgoth dev trace the ip and go to leavers home to broke his legs!!! if leave more of 3 match in the ranked!

Sounds good to me, anythings better than the current tap on the hand.

riccetto80
4th Oct 2015, 11:24
the current tap on head is in palce because lot of player have crashes and got banner hours, and this affect also esl matches, you cannot put in place so harsh ban, 2-6 hours, with game still crashing in many config.

Not only, the main issue are not leavers, but lobby dodgers who leave last second without even be tapped in head.

Also the fact any naab with leveo 1 can enter the ranked, let only people with level 20/30 play the ranked and leavers will decrease a lot.

there is a fine line beetwhen punish player and lost player in a f2p, most people who demand terrible high bans and punishment not understand like this the player pool will reduce a lot and this really hurt a f2p game.

is much better to understand WHY people leave and fix it.

Endsequenz
4th Oct 2015, 14:25
Well...what the charts are showing me, is a game that only had a small permanent player base most of the time.. and gained new players whenever it was advertised for.
Actually since they had this "one" stream at this gaming event and the info on the website, I saw a lot of new players.
Beta 1.2, after they´ve told ppl about pricepool, was full of them.
And I am almost sure that this month will have a gain at the end aswell...sadly just a small gain, but I guess we are back to the word one then. Maybe the just decided to go a bit slower, after some more issues came up.
I don´t know, I don´t see how it can attract a lot of ppl to esl in a long term, going another way then this one.

One of the problems with it imo, is the route they went in updates.
The brought some updates which caused bugs that made the game almost unplayable, also I am having an issue with priorities here.
They are trying to work on everything and correct themselves...I see that somehow.
Maybe the team is still young, idk I don´t wanna rate this, just saying what i see.
At the end, it is slowly going the way it should, with some mistakes here and there.

Another thing is, that this game will not keep a lot of ppl playing it 24/7... it just the way it is, many ppl will just play it in phases.
Which can be fine, if you get enough players in, that play from time to time.
Besides that, there will be some hardcore players...atm they are not too many.
I can understand, when I hear ppl being mad about money, especially when it goes between casual and competitive.
The question is, which way is better in the long term.
It´s a complicated situation.

And then the thing with the other child, which if it is how i think, can make the whole process slower aswell.

To be fair, I can see some posts, that show me, they are trying.
I think it is all not so easy.
And yes, I know ppl can bring up a lot of things they don´t see as a great decision, but I am just saying what I see here.

The matchmaking is ok in my opinion too... it´s ok because you have to work with what you have...and at the moment, it is not that much.
I don´t know how it would be, if this game would be flooded with players suddenly, some changes might have to come then, yeah.

Also sadly, there seem to be a few trolls, who are really active at the start of leagues...
it usually gets a bit better near the end, idk what they are doing and why, but they put some dmg to the game aswell... same as the misbehaviour of some ppl.
Yeah...I see it the same way here, it is not that helpful, to raise the punishment for all too much, but actually they just did, what a lot of ppl wanted. What went not so good is, they brought up a lot of new problems with it.
And also I really think that fun games and league games need to be separated, when it comes to lobby, ban-time, second half-time...and more maybe.
I can only practice a class when the game goes alright for my team, at least that is how I see it.
And whenever that is, second half is over after 2min or something like that, that´s not so great.

At the moment, what I see is some easy extra money, for the ppl that are good at the game.
Yes ofc...it´s too much grind, but I think most of them will get there, as they usually do....
maybe it will be an issue at the top later, yeah....we must see.
Beyond that there will be a few that can be happy about 50$...cuz they didn´t had any time or farmed all day.

I guess we must see what the future brings, till they are finally ready for a full release and advertise more.
But i would suggest, that everything besides money decisions (I am sry guys), should be a bit more listening to the players of the top teams...I am talking about just a few, but I saw them talking about problems more often already.
At least when it comes to ingame issues...so we can make this game fun in the way it is layed out.
And then hopefully get where most ppl want, and have a cool team-game, with cool rewards for competitive teams.
Still the game has to live from both, so hopefully that will not be forgotten... and I am not talking about money.

Thanks.

wortelriandu
4th Oct 2015, 19:40
already gave up, last time i checked someone had 48 with like 42 wins, how is that even possible, even if you are that good, there are lots of games with leavers.

kLauE187
4th Oct 2015, 20:49
Devs: "League is not about grind". Compare my winrate at top with the 3rd. He has almost as much points as i do, with a 50% winrate.
http://prntscr.com/8nrf9f
Some people really trying hard for that 1€/hourly haha. Praise the +1/-1 points for a loose. Such a good pointsystem. Your plan fully paid off, look at steamcharts =D. Instead of putting 5k into a good coder, better throw 10k into a broken ranked system ;)

Da_Wolv
4th Oct 2015, 21:31
Devs: "League is not about grind". Compare my winrate at top with the 3rd. He has almost as much points as i do, with a 50% winrate.
Some people really trying hard for that 1€/hourly haha. Praise the +1/-1 points for a loose. Such a good pointsystem. Your plan fully paid off, look at steamcharts =D. Instead of putting 5k into a good coder, better throw 10k into a broken ranked system ;)

Ya I wanted to post about that too.
On another note though:
I already missed 2 days of playing ranked.
Theres no way I can keep up with the raw matches played already. If there is no top level of points where diminishing returns occur, there is no way for people with a schedule that doesnt allow them to play all the time when Leagues are up to even bother with Eternal.

SaintlyXII
4th Oct 2015, 21:35
If anything league is a health hazard, im in my early 30's and getting a high blood preasure everytime i play league.

riccetto80
4th Oct 2015, 23:33
Well...what the charts are showing me, is a game that only had a small permanent player base most of the time.. and gained new players whenever it was advertised for.

To me show the gain of new player/old player back to play is very little, and some months before the game was running in bigger player number...

Not only, show the biggest bleed of player base was in period with patches with terrible performance drop and game braking bugs... and then lately, the ranked beta instead of make people play, push other people away from game.

beside when the ranked was giving skin and/or money, this is NOT the healty way to push the userbase to play your game

LOFO1993
4th Oct 2015, 23:34
So, here we are at last.

According to Steam charts, the game didn't experience any tangible increase in its playerbase in the last days. On the contrary, I'm gonna bet as the month goes on, you will notice that less and less people will actually keep playing for the same amounts of time, because most of them will get too frustrated with the glitches, the 3vs4 games, and the general notion that no matter how much they try, they will never get where the few with the most free time already are. So, I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of October the overall stats have actually gone down, rather than up.

You DID attract new people from a specific audience though: hackers. Just by a simple search on Google, I found out that at least five or six different websites have put on sale new hacks for Nosgoth during the last 30 days (most during the last week alone). If my blunt metrics are correct (I looked a bit into this stuff before), that means you've doubled the overall active hacking "coverage" for Nosgoth.

Seriously though, can't you see what you did is you took all of the issues with Nosgoth at the moment and made it so they were multiplied by ten?

This game had solid mechanics and a decent progression, but it was filled with bugs, performance and matchmaking issues, there was some cheater and you easily had a general feeling of chaos and randomness througout most of the matches (because, essentially, nobody seems to know what the heck they should do and will just yell at their team every other minute).

So what does this prize-winning nonsense bring to the table?
- Less importance to the actual gameplay (grinding is most of it)!
- More frustration due to bugs, exploits poor performance and matchmaking (because of the general higher stakes)!
- Even less care towards a feeling of actual team-playing (because solo queues, and the general aforementioned higher frustration)!
- Cheaters can actually hope to make a profit by cheating in your game!

I haven't played Nosgoth at all in a couple of months, and I played it very rarely the months before; and it's not some form of protest on my part: I simply refuse to waste time and effort trying to play it in this state. Four games out of five are a chaotic mess where half of your team doesn't even give a **** and the other half wishes you dead because whatever; and that's not even talking about the performance issues (I have a very good rig and it still runs like ****, so I can't imagine how most people are living it).

I think I played maybe one good, fun and competent match in the past year. Everything else was frustration, pointless stompings and crashes. This is the true, basic problem with Nosgoth: the quality of the actual, average game has gone really, really down. You should fix that to gain new and regain old players... not try and bribe them to grind the hell out of the game!!!

I'd be **** if I thought you're doing this because you're trying to exploit the game in some way, but I'm just very, deeply puzzled, because this simply doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You're literally, in the truest sense of the term, tossing away money in order to lose even more money in the long run, and EVERYBODY could - and did - see it from miles away.

Why was this necessary? Who the hell even conceived this bizarre initiative, and then pushed this through for all of this time, decided to blatantly ignore all of the negative feedback and gave it top priority over actually making the game work as intended in the first place? Was it someone from the top floors at Square Enix? That's the last, remotely logical explanation I can come up with, because I genuinely don't think any of you guys and gals are this thick.

SaintlyXII
5th Oct 2015, 00:28
So, here we are at last.

According to Steam charts, the game didn't experience any tangible increase in its playerbase in the last days. On the contrary, I'm gonna bet as the month goes on, you will notice that less and less people will actually keep playing for the same amounts of time, because most of them will get too frustrated with the glitches, the 3vs4 games, and the general notion that no matter how much they try, they will never get where the few with the most free time already are. So, I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of October the overall stats have actually gone down, rather than up.

You DID attract new people from a specific audience though: hackers. Just by a simple search on Google, I found out that at least five or six different websites have put on sale new hacks for Nosgoth during the last 30 days (most during the last week alone). If my blunt metrics are correct (I looked a bit into this stuff before), that means you've doubled the overall active hacking "coverage" for Nosgoth.

Seriously though, can't you see what you did is you took all of the issues with Nosgoth at the moment and made it so they were multiplied by ten?

This game had solid mechanics and a decent progression, but it was filled with bugs, performance and matchmaking issues, there was some cheater and you easily had a general feeling of chaos and randomness througout most of the matches (because, essentially, nobody seems to know what the heck they should do and will just yell at their team every other minute).

So what does this prize-winning nonsense bring to the table?
- Less importance to the actual gameplay (grinding is most of it)!
- More frustration due to bugs, exploits poor performance and matchmaking (because of the general higher stakes)!
- Even less care towards a feeling of actual team-playing (because solo queues, and the general aforementioned higher frustration)!
- Cheaters can actually hope to make a profit by cheating in your game!

I haven't played Nosgoth at all in a couple of months, and I played it very rarely the months before; and it's not some form of protest on my part: I simply refuse to waste time and effort trying to play it in this state. Four games out of five are a chaotic mess where half of your team doesn't even give a **** and the other half wishes you dead because whatever; and that's not even talking about the performance issues (I have a very good rig and it still runs like ****, so I can't imagine how most people are living it).

I think I played maybe one good, fun and competent match in the past year. Everything else was frustration, pointless stompings and crashes. This is the true, basic problem with Nosgoth: the quality of the actual, average game has gone really, really down. You should fix that to gain new and regain old players... not try and bribe them to grind the hell out of the game!!!

I'd be **** if I thought you're doing this because you're trying to exploit the game in some way, but I'm just very, deeply puzzled, because this simply doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You're literally, in the truest sense of the term, tossing away money in order to lose even more money in the long run, and EVERYBODY could - and did - see it from miles away.

Why was this necessary? Who the hell even conceived this bizarre initiative, and then pushed this through for all of this time, decided to blatantly ignore all of the negative feedback and gave it top priority over actually making the game work as intended in the first place? Was it someone from the top floors at Square Enix? That's the last, remotely logical explanation I can come up with, because I genuinely don't think any of you guys and gals are this thick.

Nailed it, hopefully some Dev will bother reading it.

Personally i dont even bother anymore, as soon as i see some trash that cant even keep a close to 1 k/d or at least his deaths under 5 i just go afk.
A couple of bucks - month just dont worth the health issues & stress that come with them.

Endsequenz
5th Oct 2015, 05:35
Good morning boyz.

already gave up, last time i checked someone had 48 with like 42 wins, how is that even possible, even if you are that good, there are lots of games with leavers.

There are a few players that can win 2vs4 easily, if their opponent is on a normal skill compared to everyone else.

Klaue and DaWolv ...grind:

Yeah that´s pretty bad.
Even if your example isn´t the best, cuz the player you are showing might be bad in your eyes, but compared to the rest, he will end up in eternal anyways, he is not that bad.
We have to see if he can stay up there all the time, cuz as I saw it, when the bonuspoints are gone, he should lose a lot more points near the end.
-I am sure, that you still can get up there, if you try.
But yeah, at the end, however it is...
it is an issue, I must agree.

To me show the gain of new player/old player back to play is very little, and some months before the game was running in bigger player number...

Yeah, it is just a very small number. Idk if it was worth, tbh it doesn´t looks like it.
But idk about their budget and plans, so I will not talk about the money side.
I think it will end with a gain, but still the question will be, is that enough?!

And Hackers... mhm yip ...sounds pretty bad too.
Idk I´m neither motivated to play, so I can not rate how it looks in the league.
Just having a boredom with it atm.

As you are all screaming for and at the devs...^^ I guess I am out here, it is not my job or a matter of concern to defend their decisions, just tried to see it impartially.

:scratch:

KaininitePriestess
5th Oct 2015, 16:53
I have to say, I don't mind that the alchemist skin was moved to blood tier, but I don't like that the number of keys was limited. The number of chests we're given and the whole buying-keys debacle is a hard enough pill to swallow, it was nice to see that we could at least work earn them through the leagues, but then taking away some of those just feels like a jip to me.

Sasha_Vykos
5th Oct 2015, 18:56
I have never been so **** like now im my 1150 hours in this game. Not only all the things that every single one of us said about your horrible choice and the awful implementation of the league system but now I can't completly find a regular TDM match so I can't play with my esl teammates (just scrims, more than impossible to find nowadays). And when I try to play solo I always play on NA every single game with 180 ping (and just this would be enough to give up cause its barely playable with that ping) and i got rekt cause I generally have 3 players with 50 hours of playing.. really I have never been so ****.

kLauE187
5th Oct 2015, 20:06
Ranked with pricemoney is the most beautiful thing they ever did to nosgoth. Everyone is so calm and non-toxic i love it. Even russians tell you in kyrillic how much they love you. Not to forget the kind people who let you play 3on4 because they left the lobby in the last second by mistake. Best thing i enjoy so far are 4vs0 games, because who doesn't want freepoints? I also like the bonus-points, since everything is so nice and positive in ranked you even win points by loosing. Keep the positive spirit up.

Sincerly your lessor demon kLauE =)

senjuj
6th Oct 2015, 15:50
1. remove lobby.
2. allow to choose region (any, nam, eu and third).
3. make reporting system.
4. start game every 5-10 minutes for players concentration and proper mm work .

snejjjj
6th Oct 2015, 16:01
Iam bronze1 and queue up with eternals.
Hud bug isnt fixed since ... hmm.. ever?
Where is a report button?
Where is the surrender button?

ggwp nosgoth, ill be afk for the next 3 months

Oghamsmith
6th Oct 2015, 16:37
Hi all,

Once again, thanks for the considerable amount of feedback that you have been providing. There are certainly a number of points that we're investigating with regards the league beta, chief among which is the queue dodging issue; we see how much of a pain that can be for the more well known players out there. Queue dodging is our top priority at the moment, so that's where our focus lays right now. We'll have more info for you once a fix is confirmed as working and ready to go live.

In the meantime, I just wanted to let you know that this is a top priority for us. I'm sorry about the frustration that this has caused some of you. Hopefully we can make improvements in the not too distant future.

Regards,
Chris

snejjjj
6th Oct 2015, 16:59
Whats about disabling ranked until its completly bug-free? Ppl should win because they have skill, not because mmr, mm, lobbies, code oder whatsoever is ****.

Da_Wolv
6th Oct 2015, 17:16
Hi all,

Once again, thanks for the considerable amount of feedback that you have been providing. There are certainly a number of points that we're investigating with regards the league beta, chief among which is the queue dodging issue; we see how much of a pain that can be for the more well known players out there. Queue dodging is our top priority at the moment, so that's where our focus lays right now. We'll have more info for you once a fix is confirmed as working and ready to go live.

Just.
Remove.
Lobbies.
(Is this the millionth time? Anyone counting?...)

Whats about disabling ranked until its completly bug-free? Ppl should win because they have skill, not because mmr, mm, lobbies, code oder whatsoever is ****.
^

AntiqueGod
6th Oct 2015, 19:03
They dont even need to remove lobbies, just give minus points and leaver penalty if you leave lobby, simply.
Before you start searching for game you will get warning window.

--Ram--
6th Oct 2015, 21:59
Just.
Remove.
Lobbies.
(Is this the millionth time? Anyone counting?...)

^

GenFeelGood
7th Oct 2015, 23:37
Why does the Alchemist skin now require Blood Tier Ranking? I can only speak for myself; but starting from Bronze Tier and working up to Blood Tier takes forever.

Da_Wolv
8th Oct 2015, 08:17
Why does the Alchemist skin now require Blood Tier Ranking? I can only speak for myself; but starting from Bronze Tier and working up to Blood Tier takes forever.

I was placed Silver III to start with, and I still took about a week to get to Blood.
I had enough points for Blood V after 1 day, but you just don't win games in the right intervals to move up.
Either theres a 3v4, or worse, a complete noob on your team that in addition to not helping counts towards the enemy points.

I find it funny that whenever my team is actually good enough to allow me to play properly without being stunlocked that everyone asks me if I am eternal... as if that would be a testiment to my skill.
Most people are actually that mislead to think that whenever someone is reking them he must be in Eternal.
So sad...

Ysanoire
9th Oct 2015, 13:38
So... leagues. My impressions:

- the grind is painful
- the toxicity is off the charts
- the forfeit system doesn't work when it's 3v4 created by someone leaving the lobby as the game starts

The lobby dodging is annoying, definitely. But I honestly don't really blame people because let's face it, when you've just been placed in dirt rank and you have a loooong grind in front of you you are not gonna be happy when you see 1-2 players on the other team you know are eternal and highly skilled (and then there are also people who are eternal and just want to get some easy points so... yeah, there's that ). I totally understand why people want lobbies removed, but I agree with Rudy that the MM is still too crappy for that right now. Why are scrubs being placed against high mmr/high rank players in the first place?

Yeah, but the MM system in leagues works off your MMR, and you're SUPPOSED to always have a winrate of about 50%. This should mean that good players get to high ranks with fewer wins (because their opponents are also higher rank and they get more points than they lose). In theory...

kLauE187
9th Oct 2015, 14:12
Yeah, but the MM system in leagues works off your MMR, and you're SUPPOSED to always have a winrate of about 50%. This should mean that good players get to high ranks with fewer wins (because their opponents are also higher rank and they get more points than they lose). In theory...
Winrate is easy to manipulate with dodging no matter how reliable this MMR-system works if you can see your enemies before the game even starts. And i doubt this MMR-system works, because i guess it only takes into account how many points someone has and not the winrate. So someone with 1200 points and 70% wr has the same value as someone with 1200 points and 50% wr. That's the reason most games are just pure stomps and far away from beeing a 50-50 game. Which also means that bonus-points in a ladder-system are silly for balancing and standings.

Ysanoire
9th Oct 2015, 14:59
By "points" do you mean league points or MMR? It has been said before that MM is based on MMR (details were not given such as whether it's the same MMR or separate from casual, if it changes in the same way etc.). But it was also a while ago, maybe something has changed since then.

It's definitely NOT based on league points if bronze people get matched with eternals in their first games. Then again, people with vastly different MMRs have been playing in the same lobby so who the heck knows. It just doesn't work very well either way.

But I don't understand - if you say winrate is easy to manipulate why is it a problem that the system doesn't take it into consideration or that people have different WR in eternal?

Bonus points are meant to even out the differences between players who don't have that much time to play and in this sense they are useful, there are lots of people concerned that they won't be able to catch up if they get a late start. I wouldn't know what to replace them with.

kLauE187
9th Oct 2015, 15:19
By "points" do you mean league points or MMR? It has been said before that MM is based on MMR (details were not given such as whether it's the same MMR or separate from casual, if it changes in the same way etc.). But it was also a while ago, maybe something has changed since then.

It's definitely NOT based on league points if bronze people get matched with eternals in their first games. Then again, people with vastly different MMRs have been playing in the same lobby so who the heck knows. It just doesn't work very well either way.
I guess it just balances it that both teams have the same MMR in total. Doesn't matter if one is pretty high or low. Pretty simple solution to creat games quick with the small playerbase nosgoth has.

But I don't understand - if you say winrate is easy to manipulate why is it a problem that the system doesn't take it into consideration or that people have different WR in eternal?
It's not a direct problem. But it shouldn't be even possible to dodge lobbies in the first place. Also a correct working ranked-system uses some kind of elo, where you either win or loose points, not the weird bonus-point system you see in nosgoth.

Bonus points are meant to even out the differences between players who don't have that much time to play and in this sense they are useful, there are lots of people concerned that they won't be able to catch up if they get a late start. I wouldn't know what to replace them with.
That's not true at all. It's exactly the opposite, because it favours people with a low winrate who just grind all day because they don't risk to loose points for lost games but can go pretty high into eternal just because of game-volume. This gets a little bit different with a pretty high rating.

Ysanoire
9th Oct 2015, 20:19
I guess it just balances it that both teams have the same MMR in total. Doesn't matter if one is pretty high or low. Pretty simple solution to creat games quick with the small playerbase nosgoth has.

Yeah, that's right, it just that in practice it doesn't result in even games, because the discrepancies are so large. If you get an odd number of good players in a lobby balance turns to crap.

It's not a direct problem. But it shouldn't be even possible to dodge lobbies in the first place. Also a correct working ranked-system uses some kind of elo, where you either win or loose points, not the weird bonus-point system you see in nosgoth.

Actually I think many rankings have bonus points. I don't play many MP games but assassin's creed had bonus points, Hearthstone has win streak bonuses etc.

Idk, I would be willing to get rid of lobbies as a test to see if it improves the quality of matchmaking, but I am kinda sceptical. With a bad mm it's gonna be really frustrating to not be able to leave a lobby.

Wolf_the_Legend
10th Oct 2015, 21:34
WON -27 :scratch: what the heck does that even mean?

also, what does Bonus Pool 26/48 mean?

And why the **** I loose something (whatever it is) even if I win the game ^^

RainaAudron
12th Oct 2015, 01:22
I believe the graphic shows the incorrect numbers visually only, you are actually gaining points.

Wolf_the_Legend
12th Oct 2015, 05:58
well i gained +21 points, but only because I LOST 48 bonuspoints ... (at least that is what it looks to me)
what is basicly the same as loosing thous 27 points right away ...

calypso-694
14th Oct 2015, 02:10
my game keeps crashing everytime I go to the LEAGUE tab and after every match after it synced. it just started doing this today. any fixes? it says im stuck in GOLD V but I know ive passed that by now. sigh.

and after every match my league lvl isn't displayed. I know this is an already known issue but still.

help? fixes?

xeno2k
24th Oct 2015, 23:30
nice matchmaking you got there, whats the point pourin money into a league that's broken as hell. Every single match I have to deal with these kind of people.

http://prntscr.com/8uywx7

in 7 minutes time he did 840 damage and the other guy 2700.. and you wonder why the community becomes toxic.

Da_Wolv
25th Oct 2015, 07:52
nice matchmaking you got there, whats the point pourin money into a league that's broken as hell. Every single match I have to deal with these kind of people.
in 7 minutes time he did 840 damage and the other guy 2700.. and you wonder why the community becomes toxic.

At least he only died twice
10/10 :friends: Would Ranked again.

xeno2k
25th Oct 2015, 14:31
At least he only died twice
10/10 :friends: Would Ranked again.

Never seen a league/ranked queue so luck/grind based as the one in nosgoth. The fact they're paying out to $10.000 to people who just grind every single day and have less worse teams than the opponents just blows my mind.

No it's not balanced, no it's not possible to carry someone with 3 hours in the game running around like a headless chicken, even when I try to calmly give direction or tips they either don't respond or just do their own thing, or even worse than that, call you an **** because you shouldn't say anything about it and let the newbies enjoy league.

I've barely insulted anyone in my 1200 hours of nosgoth but ever since league has been introduced i've become more toxic myself, so thanks square enix or psyonix, whoever is in charge of this marvelous league.

EmpathyuK
25th Oct 2015, 15:41
What a horrible system this is, I cannot see how you guys think throwing 10k on a system that is so broken and consists of all Luck, No skill only time/grind fest. Maybe because you developers don't even play your own game. You lose more points staying the entire duration of the losing team than if you just leave for the maximum of -4. Staying results in anywhere from -8 to -14. There is no reason to stay on the losing team anymore since it penalizes you more than leaving haha nice system.

http://prntscr.com/8v5q6d
Pay theses Russians for reaching eternal, They deserve it

You won't see me participate in this nonsense of a league next month unless duo or party queue.

Da_Wolv
25th Oct 2015, 15:57
I've barely insulted anyone in my 1200 hours of nosgoth but ever since league has been introduced i've become more toxic myself, so thanks square enix or psyonix, whoever is in charge of this marvelous league.

This is why I had to take a break for 2 weeks and why even after reinstalling it as of the recent patch I cannot bring myself to play it anymore. Theres no point to grind it - other people WILL have more time than me - there is no way I will ever be eternal.
But what is there to do outside of playing ranked? The game is dead during non-ranked times and during ranked its the only mode with people in it.
So I just play my 3 games a day now and sometimes I even just log in for the free gold and after waiting in queue for 3 minutes just close the game and play something else instead.

I really hope they will cancel League going forward, but I know they won't..

Sasha_Vykos
26th Oct 2015, 08:09
I don't play league cause I just got so so nervous about the system..as everyone said, I never saw something so broken and grind/luck based (also if the very top positions are now taken by very good players, i'd say that most of the others are taken by average players that simply grind a lot). Put 10 hours guys with 1k+ hours others is just a nonsense.. its not good for anyone. Do u realize it, Psyonix?

What are their plans after this horrendous league? another solo league? I hope at least for a duo/party.

TheDreamcrusher
26th Oct 2015, 23:33
This is why I had to take a break for 2 weeks and why even after reinstalling it as of the recent patch I cannot bring myself to play it anymore. Theres no point to grind it - other people WILL have more time than me - there is no way I will ever be eternal.
But what is there to do outside of playing ranked? The game is dead during non-ranked times and during ranked its the only mode with people in it.
So I just play my 3 games a day now and sometimes I even just log in for the free gold and after waiting in queue for 3 minutes just close the game and play something else instead.

I really hope they will cancel League going forward, but I know they won't..

Eventually, I had the same thought. I want solo leagues to vanish because the current incarnation is abysmal. It has made me more toxic; the game is dead outside of ranked; and grinders are getting paid. The whole thing is insane.

Da_Wolv
27th Oct 2015, 10:43
Eventually, I had the same thought. I want solo leagues to vanish because the current incarnation is abysmal. It has made me more toxic; the game is dead outside of ranked; and grinders are getting paid. The whole thing is insane.

I could forgive the grind aspect of it, I can live with the fact that we all turn into little green rage-trolls, what I cannot tolerate however is that I spent a year of my life playing this game, finding a team, getting better at synergizing and now I cannot play with them anymore.
Sure, I could NOT go after the cool skin and the rewards and play with my team in the TDM pool that consists of:
- New Players
- Pissed-off ESL players
-
-
- and me
but I much rather play a game where I don't have to deal with queue times longer than the time window I have to play in the first place.

riccetto80
27th Oct 2015, 15:16
im blood 4 now and iwill not play more, or just to stay blood, for alchemist skin.

time to time i play some unranked or 1 or 2 ranked, but not so much fun, actually is more fun on unranked.

some months ago i was playing hours/day. with no prizes and much more fun

also because of the 4-5 people i play before in team, no one liked this ranked or play lately at all, all ranked beta/alpha before we play all the ranked, now im the only one who still play nosgoth so no more play in team and voice chat