PDA

View Full Version : Current implementation of ranked leagues has diminished the game for me

TheDreamcrusher
1st Oct 2015, 15:17
As per the title, Nosgoth ranked leagues has made me like the game a lot less. In a few points, here's why.

1. Small population means most people are playing ranked leagues when it's available. While the leagues are open and running, that's what people play. They aren't going to TDM when the the leagues are unavailable; they're going offline.

2. Ranked games don't have the option of letting a new player join when another has disconnected or just quit. It'd be nice if there were other options to resolve ranked games but there aren't. This results in a lot of unnecessary, poor quality matches. No surrender, no draw called, no player sitting in spectator waiting to enter the moment another player drops. That is a suggestion from me as well. Allow a player to spectate for each team in ranked games and the moment someone drops they can step in and fill the 4th slot on team. The spectating players would be awarded as normal for being available throughout the match.

3. I very much dislike ranked leagues because it's a grind, the matchmaking takes people from anywhere, and the matchmaking, in my eyes, is abysmal or even nonexistent. Seriously on that last item.

4. I don't play Korean MMO's because I don't grind. Is that what ranked leagues are meant to be? It sure looks like it.

I don't know where Nosgoth is headed, but right now I have lost interest. It's simply too hard to have fun.

On a different topic, I miss when Nosgoth just had events that weren't tied to chests. I thought it worked well. Players who had a lot of game time could spend gold in the store to buy exotic items. Those players were likely to get other people to join or stay with the game. Rune stones could be used as an alternative, or people could just hope for whatever drops they got at the end of matches. Trading should have been implemented a while back...

AntiqueGod
1st Oct 2015, 16:36
Only thing i dislike right now is what we can't play leagues, and why the **** time its for NA

Firehex
1st Oct 2015, 16:45
Well, i can feel pain of topic starter...For me ranked games were like grind too :o

s7arrR
3rd Oct 2015, 14:00
It is like grind, one win will equal you from ~14 to 20 loses, right now it favors quantity over quality.

Sasha_Vykos
3rd Oct 2015, 16:13
not only for u. Worst day of nosgoth in my 1 year and a half of play^^ MM is awfull to.. really I can't describe how much i am **** atm. The whole idea of leagues is so bad.. plus the system is full of bad choices. Bascially u have to grind and hope to not have noobs on your side. Nothing else.

If this will be the future of the game, i take in consideration the idea to quit completely.

Firehex
3rd Oct 2015, 17:31
Bascially u have to grind and hope to not have noobs on your side. Nothing else.

If this will be the future of the game, i take in consideration the idea to quit completely.

Nothing to add more. Fatality to the face of devs, who decided to implent this system.

Blackdeathteal
5th Oct 2015, 09:15
Only thing i dislike right now is what we can't play leagues, and why the **** time its for NA
This I'm either asleep or working most days , they tease us with 24 hour queues and take it away when it really matters

vampirelucky
5th Oct 2015, 10:26
They tried 24 hour for Ranked Apha once and the queues were (even more) horrible almost all the time. The population is too low so the time constrains are needed.
However Ranked could work better if they split the 10h time window in 2x 5h windows so people that work during one can play during the other.