PDA

View Full Version : Hotfix - October 16th Update

Saikocat
16th Oct 2014, 18:16
Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that occasionally caused a player to be unable to spawn in the second round of a match

Fixed an issue with equipping the default Reaver execution that resulted in error messages whenever you would respawn

Fixed an issue with vampire execution keybindings causing some users to have trouble executing

Fixed an issue that caused Reaver Shadow Step effects and audio to get stuck on if the Reaver died while activating Shadow Step

Infectednoob
16th Oct 2014, 18:22
Cool but could you shed a bit of light on 660 mb
why is the update so big but so little has been changed...

Varulven
16th Oct 2014, 18:24
Cool thing! Thanks :flowers:

Psyonix_Corey
16th Oct 2014, 18:28
Cool but could you shed a bit of light on 660 mb
why is the update so big but so little has been changed...

We are experiencing some issues with our patching system that minimizes update file sizes. Rather than delay important bug fixes while we sort that out, we are deploying as-is. We are definitely aware large patch sizes are not desirable.

Infectednoob
16th Oct 2014, 18:38
We are experiencing some issues with our patching system that minimizes update file sizes. Rather than delay important bug fixes while we sort that out, we are deploying as-is. We are definitely aware large patch sizes are not desirable.

Aaah, thank you for your quick response. May I ask for a ruff idea on how far you are with the matchmaking at the moment?

MasterZtark
16th Oct 2014, 18:58
Thanks Cat!

OK_Oktagon
16th Oct 2014, 18:59
Any idea when the game will be up running again? Just displays an error message when first screen appears and it closes down immediately.

RoflBalast
16th Oct 2014, 19:20
Thanks you very much!

Saikocat
16th Oct 2014, 19:30
Hey guys
Maintenance will continue for a little longer as we roll the update. Thanks again for your patience.

Captain3009
16th Oct 2014, 19:34
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Drach0
16th Oct 2014, 20:01
game is crashing during start

Jushi85
16th Oct 2014, 20:23
what taking so long? im impatient.

bednarson
16th Oct 2014, 20:24

wait few minutes, they have breake

Saikocat
16th Oct 2014, 20:41
There were some issues at the server location, but it looks like we're back on track. I'll post another update when we're coming back online, hang in there guys!

xBaseLine
16th Oct 2014, 20:49
2 Hours ago and still not online?! Infos?

Garfild_ru
16th Oct 2014, 21:02
Перевод обновления можете прочитать на сайте http://nosgoth.ru/962-update-16-10-14/

Varulven
16th Oct 2014, 21:04
2 Hours ago and still not online?! Infos?

Just take a look at the post above yours ;)

Psyonix-Greg
16th Oct 2014, 21:31
RonPaul.gif

Saikocat
16th Oct 2014, 21:33
We're back online, folks! Thanks everyone for your patience, now go play some Nosgoth!

Jallford
16th Oct 2014, 21:34
And there was much rejoicing. Thank you!

TheDreamcrusher
16th Oct 2014, 21:40
Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that occasionally caused a player to be unable to spawn in the second round of a match

Fixed an issue that caused Reaver Shadow Step effects and audio to get stuck on if the Reaver died while activating Shadow Step

Very nice. Happy to see those 2 bugs go!

OK_Oktagon
16th Oct 2014, 22:04
Game still crashes when trying to start it, guess no playing until another hotfix comes. Didn't happen before this hotfix.

Psyonix-Greg
16th Oct 2014, 22:08
Crashes like, to desktop? Did it work for you yesterday?

OK_Oktagon
16th Oct 2014, 22:11
Everytime I try to start, windows says there's an error and shuts the program down after first screen has popped up. Been working perfect since I installed the game. Tried downloading the latest patch on my other computer and it works, but since I don't like the sound on that one (makes it harder to play), I need a way to get it to work on my main computer.

Psyonix-Greg
16th Oct 2014, 22:20
So it's been working fine on another computer and now you're installing it on a different computer and it's not working or you've had it on both and one patched fine and one didn't?

OK_Oktagon
16th Oct 2014, 22:29
It's been working perfectly on both computers, but after this hotfix, I can't play it on my main computer. And if I try it on my other, it just says that Nosgoth is active on my main computer, while I know for sure that it isn't.

5amael_
16th Oct 2014, 22:35
No hotfix for party?

Psyonix-Greg
16th Oct 2014, 22:50
No. Check the party thread for more info.

Layonz
16th Oct 2014, 23:23
I'm crashing as well: in the launch screen I get a Windows error and it closes the game. Worked perfectly fine before this patch

Pavlol
16th Oct 2014, 23:56
I'm getting stuck on syncing online profile. Sometimes I can load in and play a few matches, but after a few games it starts syncing online profile.

Got stuck in second round and had to leave from this bug as well. I can see ppl moving around behind the box and my character auto spawns but cant control it.

Psyonix-Greg
16th Oct 2014, 23:59
I'm crashing as well: in the launch screen I get a Windows error and it closes the game. Worked perfectly fine before this patch

Send me your .dmp files to nosgothbugs@square-enix.com

Dze5Xeno
17th Oct 2014, 01:13
Im also crashing launching the game Im getting the same as Layonz
Im using windows 7 if that helps

Rokefre
17th Oct 2014, 02:03
Im also crashing launching the game Im getting the same as Layonz
Im using windows 7 if that helps

Same problem.
Also Windows 7.

Pavlol
17th Oct 2014, 03:12
Nice double exp weekend. I'm barely getting to play. lol

Extend it please, this is horrible.

Rago600
17th Oct 2014, 04:34
MORE Updates !!!!

Thanks !

I had a BOSD with starting nosgoth after the Patch seems to Work now.

Rokefre
17th Oct 2014, 05:25
Same problem.
Also Windows 7.

Reinstall did no good. Still get the initial splash screen then a Windows error.
Hitting Cancel on the Windows error will bring up the first loading screen, but then it kicks back to desktop.

General-kill
17th Oct 2014, 05:51
Reinstall did no good. Still get the initial splash screen then a Windows error.
Hitting Cancel on the Windows error will bring up the first loading screen, but then it kicks back to desktop.
Yeah none of this has done any good so far tried everything, fix this please <3

Drach0
17th Oct 2014, 07:31

still same problem, before update all was ok
"Application Nosgoth stopped working."
I downloaded update before it was rollbacked, so maybe that is the reason?
someone above wrote that reinstall is not helping so I will not bother,
if you want some debug pls write instruction

OK_Oktagon
17th Oct 2014, 09:06
Send me your .dmp files to nosgothbugs@square-enix.com
Remember to send them your .dmp file from the crash. How to find your .dmp logs: C:\user\YOURNAME\My documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs. Then send a .dmp file to that mail.

V_Zephonim
17th Oct 2014, 13:52
Quick update about this situation:

Investigation is currently going on over at Psyonix, and we hope to be able to find the cause of the bug soon enough. None of the many computers we used here in Montreal, or over @ Psyonix in San Diego were effected by the issue (obviously) so that's why we have to pull from user logs.

We suspect the foundations of a spec-checking feature, which shouldn't have shipped alongside the patch, to not be playing nice with specific hardware, but the exact details are still being nailed. Our goal is to supply a patch alongside our next release, scheduled on Tuesday. We would supply a patch before that, but then we would have to wade through a weekend on fresh code, leaving us no reaction time if another emergency emerges. We'd rather be thorough on our fix and be able to turn around if things go south.

Obviously, many core systems are being touched up on the road to Open Beta, which can cause big issues like this to pop up. We are already looking at options to have specific, future versions of Nosgoth booting on much larger amounts of computers pre-release in order to catch such issues before they get to the public.

We will keep you posted.

InkedDude
17th Oct 2014, 16:07
Same happening to me :( crashes as soon as i launch it.

Takisahmaru
17th Oct 2014, 17:04
Quick update about this situation:

Investigation is currently going on over at Psyonix, and we hope to be able to find the cause of the bug soon enough. None of the many computers we used here in Montreal, or over @ Psyonix in San Diego were effected by the issue (obviously) so that's why we have to pull from user logs.

We suspect the foundations of a spec-checking feature, which shouldn't have shipped alongside the patch, to not be playing nice with specific hardware, but the exact details are still being nailed. Our goal is to supply a patch alongside our next release, scheduled on Tuesday. We would supply a patch before that, but then we would have to wade through a weekend on fresh code, leaving us no reaction time if another emergency emerges. We'd rather be thorough on our fix and be able to turn around if things go south.

Obviously, many core systems are being touched up on the road to Open Beta, which can cause big issues like this to pop up. We are already looking at options to have specific, future versions of Nosgoth booting on much larger amounts of computers pre-release in order to catch such issues before they get to the public.

We will keep you posted.

I really appreciate the response and that seems to be the best approach. That being said I would like to ask if there is any plan to extend the double XP event or way to pause decaying boosters.

V_Zephonim
17th Oct 2014, 18:06
For the double XP event being extended, that's a discussion that Community Management will sit atop of. If we hear anything about that, I'll post here. When it comes to boosters uncharging while you can't access the game, contact Customer Support about those. I am sure case-per-case solutions, recharges and arrangements can be made.

Thanks for being awesome fans guys... we're working towards Open Beta and, in that state, the experience should be much smoother. It will be a rough road to there, however, and we know that. So keep being vocal, and we will accommodate you faithful Nosgoth warriors the best we can!

zepstrider
17th Oct 2014, 18:45
None of the help links seem to work and I tried reinstalling both steam and nosgoth to no avail. Is there an estimated time for a solution I am not happy having paid $20 for this game and not being able to play it while booster going to waste .

Kovaelin
18th Oct 2014, 01:19
What about the reward in the latest newsletter? "In order to claim this reward you need to log into Nosgoth in the next 10 days." Will those 10 days be extended too? Thanks.

InkedDude
18th Oct 2014, 04:32
This is really upsetting, nosgoth is the game i'm playing the most lately and it happened right during the event, is not fair, i've already tried everything possible to make the game run but it just won't happen,

Pheenox
18th Oct 2014, 13:04
Okay. My senario.

You made an update, party system didnt work. You found the problem, made a hotfix. Now my game crashes every time i try t start it up.

I found your "crash" topic and followed the steps:

I deleted the file in the: My documents/my games/nosgoth/BCMPGame/Confiq. That didn't work.. so i tried to delete all files there.

I reinstalled the game, and verified it. it still crashes.

Then i read you sugguested to update my grafik driver. Done.. same result.

i press play, the small box with "nosgoth" written in it appreas and next an error message from windows saying "an error has happened, and windows will shut down the program"

Now.. last time i played the game was the 16th before your hotfix.

I have send all files to the bug email address.

InkedDude
19th Oct 2014, 00:21
Another day without playing because of this issue, the exp event is going to waste, and i'm wondering if i will have to wait until the next patch...?

sur0x_
19th Oct 2014, 10:59
Another day without playing because of this issue, the exp event is going to waste, and i'm wondering if i will have to wait until the next patch...?

yeah... wasted weekend I was going to get max lvl this weekend... already sent dmp files, lets wait :/

V_Zephonim
20th Oct 2014, 17:43
For all those of you who had this crash, here is a greater explaination.

1 - CAUSE OF THE CRASH

Nosgoth will have Performance Detection as a feature in the near future. This will help people benchmark their PC for the game and select the best settings for their rig. The feature is unfinished, but bits and pieces of it are already in development. As we sent the hotfix live, we were unaware (and so was the dev team) that parts of this code were embedded. None of our computers seemed to match the criteria for the crash to manifest itself, so we were unware of the problem before it started impacting live users.

2 - WHAT WAS DONE TO FIX IT

The Performance Detection code was entirely removed from the Live version.

3 - WHAT NOW?

We are aware that this forced downtime for some people. You either missed the Double XP event, or had boosters and items decaying in your inventory with nothing you could do about it. For items in your inventory, please contact Customer Support. As for the event, we are looking into opportunities to make something big again, soon.