PDA

View Full Version : Replay:358/2 Days

Automaton
1st Jun 2012, 14:24
Well, after breezing through most of Proud Mode in Birth by Sleep, I decided to finally start another run of 358/2 as part of my self-occupation in terms of waiting for [Dream Drop Distance] and a bad habit for "midnight gaming". (It's no wonder I wake up so late in the morning. >.>)

Managed to get through all the tutorial missions in my first session, to the beginning of day 15, which I decided to save for later. Even in text-speech, I can appreciate how different each Organization member's personality is: Axel is Axel, Vexen is cocky, calculating, and condescending, Larxene is a (!), Zexion isn't really emo (I swear), and Lexaeus... Lexaeus hurt me, dammit! Where's worker's compensation when you need it? I still like him, though.

Already died once, but since this is a Proud run... probably first of many.

I'll see about updating this with my thoughts and travails every so often. Hapy gaming!

member_10825346
1st Jun 2012, 15:30
I actually JUST finished a replay of 358/2 last week, for the same reason (anticipation for DDD), and just kind of rushed through it since it was my second time through. Since I didn't feel like taking my time completing all the side missions, as I did with my first playthrough, I just went through on Easy. Such a nice way to refresh my memory of Xion's story.

member_10163252
2nd Jun 2012, 08:59
I haven't been doing a replay lately, but I just picked it up about a week ago and started trying to finish getting all the sigils from challenge missions on Proud mode. I have 251/255 sigils now, but I don't see how I'll ever be able to beat the last couple challenge missions. Proud mode is tough.

Lightning_Stryker
2nd Jun 2012, 09:11
I am one mission away to unlocking Sora in mission mode! Ugh! xD

Automaton
2nd Jun 2012, 12:28
I played it a little yesterday, but from my story-complete save file from Standard mode. Booted up the mission mode to run a quick stint as Lexaeus before hitting story mode to tackle the "defeat the six giant Heartless!" mission.

Oh, completing it isn't a problem. Not until I decide to go against the Dustflier, anyway. My record is about halfway down before a shockwave kills me: I think my issue is that I'm using Cura for the regen effect rather than straight healing.

Lightning_Stryker
8th Jun 2012, 19:01
If it wasn't because of that Dustflier I would have Sora unlocked in mission mode! He is the only thing that I am having difficulty defeating http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

Automaton
9th Jun 2012, 01:10
The high difficulty of Dustflier can be attributed to either his status attacks or the shockwaves he creates, since it's difficult to clear those by simply jumping.

Back to my Proud runthrough, though. I haven't forgotten about this, just my wireless net was cut off for a couple of days.

I am currently on Day 23. Only Level 4 so far, and I've tried running against the Poison Plant with very little patience... only one time, granted, but I died a lot in that last major session, mostly in that Dusk training thing.

Xion, it would be nice if you would do more than throwing Fire around.