PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - October 14th Update

Saikocat
14th Oct 2014, 17:19
Mysterious Items
Mysterious items have been added to the game! Mysterious items level up from XP earned while they are equipped, and levels work as follows:

Level 1 - All Rechargeable Properties are unknown
Level 2 - The first set of Rechargeable Properties are unlocked (1 Positive, 1 Negative)
Level 3 - The second set of Rechargeable Properties are unlocked (1 Positive, 1 Negative)
Level 4 - Unique Visual FX are applied to the item (Weapon effects include Flame, Frost, Lightning, Shadow, and Toxic)

Currently the only way to obtain a mysterious item is via random drop at the end of matches. While leveling up a mysterious item, it does not need to be recharged like Uncommon or Rare items, but once it is fully unlocked it will deplete charge like normal.

New Ability - Immolation
Immolation has been added for the Alchemist class! This ability allows the Alchemist to forfeit a portion of her Health in exchange for a powerful self-explosion that instantly damages any enemy in its Area of Effect.

Balance
Hunter
Whip

Cooldown increased to 12 sec
Animation length increased after whip impact (longer follow through/recovery)

Sticky Grenade

Damage reduced to 400 (was 450)
Throw animation speed reduced by 20%

Grenade

Alchemist
Poison Cloud

Duration reduced to 5 seconds (was 7)

Prophet
Hex Shot
Now interrupts vampires attempting an execution
Vampires can no longer execute humans while Hex Shot is active

Reaver
Pounce

Impact damage reduced to 200-400 (was 225-450)
DoT damage increased to 120/sec, was 100/sec
Tooltip updated to display DoT and duration information

Savage Pounce

Impact damage reduced to 275-550 (was 325-650)
DoT damage increased to 140/sec, was 120/sec

Evasion

Reduced duration to 3 seconds (was 4)
Reduced cooldown to 20 seconds (was 25)

Choking Haze

Duration reduced to 5 seconds (was 6)

Tyrant
General

Increased base movement speed slightly
Increased base climb speed by 15%
Increased base melee attack speed by 2.5%
Reduced health to 1350 (was 1420)

Ignore Pain

Damage reduction increased to 85% (was 80%)

Sentinel
Kidnap, Abduct

Reduced duration of grab window to 1 second (was 1.25), carry duration unaffected
Tooltip now correctly displays the duration that you carry your victim rather than the duration of the Kidnap "window"

Dive Bomb

Reduced maneuverability to limit combo potential with Kidnap and Abduct

Vampires
Stumble

The length of Stumble animations (caused by Human abilities Whip, Throwing Knife, and Trap) has been reduced to 0.6 sec (was 0.75 sec)

Executions

An alternate Deceiver execution has been added to the store as a companion for the earlier alternate Executions for the other Vampires.
The “execute” threshold (at which point you regenerate health and can't be interrupted) is now identical for all executions for a specific class.
While some animations are longer than others for a class, players can start moving or attacking at the same time. The longer animations will simply blend into movement at the same time the shorter animation would be ending.

UI

The Buy/Rent flow in the Store has been updated for a more intuitive experience when purchasing and renting items.

Bugs

Fixed an issue with hearing looping ability audio stuck on in game for the duration of the match.
Fixed an issue causing 'ghost players' to not be fully kicked out of lobbies, leading to permanent 4v3 matches. This should reduce the frequency and severity of 4v3 lobbies, but the issue may still occur for other reasons. We will be keeping close tabs on the state of lobbies after this patch to track down remaining issues.
Fixed a number of one time crash issues
We have implemented additional debugging for the issue causing players to occasionally be unable to spawn in the second round of a match and hope to hotfix the issue soon.

BR0sephStalin
14th Oct 2014, 17:25
Bug fixes are decent. Don't really understand some of the balancing changes.

PencileyePirate
14th Oct 2014, 17:25
I don't think any of the alchemist or sentinel changes were necessary, and those are pretty disappointing. I feel the same about reduced duration on evasion and CH.

None of these things seemed overpowered before and some are beginning to seem useless. Also, the 20% reduction to grenade animation speed is way too excessive; I would prefer that number be closer to 10%.

I'm extremely baffled & frustrated w/ many of the balance decisions lately.

Vampmaster
14th Oct 2014, 17:28
Will the mysterious items only drop at 5 level intervals? I remember hearing about a bug were that was the only time they'd drop, but not whether it was confirmed to exist or whether it was fixed.

If that's the case, some videos of the abilities would be good while I'm leveling up some more.

TerTig
14th Oct 2014, 17:31
Wowwww. Alchemist, sentinel, and reaver nerfs really didn't need to happen ... and a 20% increase on grenade animation time is excessive. I haven't even tried playing and I'm extremely disappointed already.

Try understand what you read.

Mysterious Items
Sticky Grenade

Grenade

Will the mysterious items only drop at 5 level intervals? I remember hearing about a bug were that was the only time they'd drop, but not whether it was confirmed to exist or whether it was fixed.

If that's the case, some videos of the abilities would be good while I'm leveling up some more.

Mysterious Items
Currently the only way to obtain a mysterious item is via random drop at the end of matches. While leveling up a mysterious item, it does not need to be recharged like Uncommon or Rare items, but once it is fully unlocked it will deplete charge like normal.

Khalith
14th Oct 2014, 17:40
Hunter
Whip

Cooldown increased to 12 sec
Animation length increased after whip impact (longer follow through/recovery)

Great change! It needed the longer CD and the longer animation means the hunter can't immediately follow it up with shots as quickly as he used to. Definitely needed to happen.

Sticky Grenade

Grenade

Weird change. Don't really think this is needed.

Alchemist
Poison Cloud

Duration reduced to 5 seconds (was 7)

Not fond of it, I really liked using it.

Prophet
Hex Shot

Now interrupts vampires attempting an execution
Vampires can no longer execute humans while Hex Shot is active

I really don't think hex shot needed a buff, can we get the ability to break out of it?

Pounce

Savage Pounce

I think I understand this change. Is it to lower chances of death on impact and give the humans time to react more and break it? If so, I understand why.

Evasion

Reduced duration to 3 seconds (was 4)
Reduced cooldown to 20 seconds (was 25)

Great change.

Choking Haze

Duration reduced to 5 seconds (was 6)

If you can remove the clinging it does after you move out of the circle I think the ability will be perfect now.

TyrantGeneral

Increased base movement speed slightly
Increased base climb speed by 15%
Increased base melee attack speed by 2.5%
Reduced health to 1350 (was 1420)

Trading HP for offensive and mobility buffs? I understand.

Ignore Pain

Damage reduction increased to 85% (was 80%)

Love it.

Kidnap, Abduct

Reduced duration of grab window to 1 second (was 1.25), carry duration unaffected
Tooltip now correctly displays the duration that you carry your victim rather than the duration of the Kidnap "window"

I like it, dodging the grab then having the sentinel loop around and get you anyway was really annoying, hopefully this should cut down or eliminate that entirely.

Dive Bomb

Reduced maneuverability to limit combo potential with Kidnap and Abduct

Boo! But the stunlock was definitely obnoxious.

Stumble

The length of Stumble animations (caused by Human abilities Whip, Throwing Knife, and Trap) has been reduced to 0.6 sec (was 0.75 sec)

This makes me especially happy. Good changes, I really like it.

Sanguise23
14th Oct 2014, 17:43
your the one not reading properly, that says the animation speed was reduced which means a longer animation

PencileyePirate
14th Oct 2014, 17:44

Right back at you.

If the speed is reduced then the overall time is longer. That means grenades are 20% slower.

Shikei001
14th Oct 2014, 17:45
Sticky Grenade

Grenade

"Animation speed reduced" -> the animation takes longer
Sticky does less dmg and to throw it it takes 20% longer... that harsh...

Psyonix_Corey
14th Oct 2014, 17:47
To add a little context to a few of the question marks on balance -

We did a general reduction on persistent AoE durations. This was not a specific nerf on Poison Cloud so much as bringing them all into line. If it's underpowered we can address that in other ways, but in general we were unhappy with 7 second aoe abilities - it clogs up areas for too long, and has performance implications for lower spec machines.

Tyrant changes are being tested to both improve his high-end offensive capability and maneuverability issues without making him an unstoppable kill machine at other skill levels (HP nerf).

Hex Shot wasn't intentionally buffed, just fixing inconsistencies (it's a disable but didn't interrupt things like Bola does).

Thamior2311
14th Oct 2014, 17:56
Most important question: how long is maintenance? :)

LorenCole
14th Oct 2014, 18:03

I had just finished in buying the Whip and Sticky... now I'm going again on Bola and Explosive Shots...

I'm happy too see the Tyrant refreshed, few people use them, or use them well.

The Reaver nerfed again... what's wrong with them? XD They seemed pretty balanced for me, maybe it was frustating that many times you couldn't kill people even if you finished all the animation and scored all the hits.

The Sentinel... well okay, seems quite nice to actually see how much you can hold the human.

As for the new addiction and the bug fixes.... I'll try the game now, so I've to judge.... but seems cool, expecially the "elemental" feature of weapons and abilities.

P.S Okay not trying, still server down. I'll try later I hope.

TerTig
14th Oct 2014, 18:03
To add a little context to a few of the question marks on balance -

We did a general reduction on persistent AoE durations. This was not a specific nerf on Poison Cloud so much as bringing them all into line. If it's underpowered we can address that in other ways, but in general we were unhappy with 7 second aoe abilities - it clogs up areas for too long, and has performance implications for lower spec machines.

Tyrant changes are being tested to both improve his high-end offensive capability and maneuverability issues without making him an unstoppable kill machine at other skill levels (HP nerf).

Hex Shot wasn't intentionally buffed, just fixing inconsistencies (it's a disable but didn't interrupt things like Bola does).

What about abduct/kidnap time reduction and dive bomb combo nerf. Was it necessary?

PencileyePirate
14th Oct 2014, 18:05
What about abduct/kidnap time reduction and dive bomb combo nerf. Was it necessary?

No, it definitely was not necessary. Sentinels needed a buff, if anything.

Wolf_the_Legend
14th Oct 2014, 18:05
if a Hunter hits a Reaver with the whip ... who could attack first? :scratch:

Saikocat
14th Oct 2014, 18:08
Most important question: how long is maintenance? :)

We should be back within a half hour, but likely quicker :)

MasterZtark
14th Oct 2014, 18:16
Thanks Cat! I can't wait to try everything out. ^_^

Wolf_the_Legend
14th Oct 2014, 18:29
Mysterious Items

Reaver
Pounce

Savage Pounce

I dont see any "high risk and high reward" on this pounce / savage pounce changes. (nerving the peak dmg more ...)

Psyonix_Eric
14th Oct 2014, 18:40
I dont see any "high risk and high reward" on this pounce / savage pounce changes. (nerving the peak dmg more ...)
The higher risk is that there is more reward for staying on the human longer and less emphasis on the initial impact damage. This makes it more beneficial to stay on a pinned human, but that also means you're now exposing yourself to their teammates.

Garfild_ru
14th Oct 2014, 18:47
Русский перевод обновления читайте здесь: http://nosgoth.ru/935-update-14-10-2014/

Zarkiller
14th Oct 2014, 18:49
I'm generally very pleased with the changes :), had a game however where an enraged Tyrant just took out an entire team and i'm afraid this wont help, however we probably just sucked ;P.
Can't wait 'till winter xD i need to play this with my friends :D

TerTig
14th Oct 2014, 18:52
We should be back within a half hour, but likely quicker :)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55296122.jpg

Saikocat
14th Oct 2014, 19:00
>.<

Sliiiight delay while we tick all the boxes and make sure everything is in working order, but it'll be worth it!

TerTig
14th Oct 2014, 19:05
>.<

Sliiiight delay while we tick all the boxes and make sure everything is in working order, but it'll be worth it!

Take all the time, I want an update without bugs :naughty:.

Saikocat
14th Oct 2014, 19:06
And we're back! Happy to announce that we're now running a special in-game event to celebrate this update..... DOUBLE XP!
Check out the blog here: http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/mysterious-items-immolation-and-more

TerTig
14th Oct 2014, 19:15
Yay.

Shikei001
14th Oct 2014, 19:39
New Ability - Immolation
Immolation has been added for the Alchemist class! This ability allows the Alchemist to forfeit a portion of her Health in exchange for a powerful self-explosion that instantly damages any enemy in its Area of Effect.

Okay this skill looks nice and that u have too activate it 4 secs in advance may be an interesting mechanic...
High dmg in 4 sec and vamps have the chance too evade this skill by seeing u glow...

BUT... during this 4 secs u can neither shoot, roll, or run...

That's a BIG problem !!!!

Vampmaster
14th Oct 2014, 19:47
Mysterious Items

Yes, I read that part. I was just concerned that it might have the same bug as the one that was reported with the other items that are supposed to drop randomly, but don't. I hadn't specifically tried it myself, but it seemed like it might be true when I think about it.

BTW, SE/Psyonix any change of adding this sort of thing to the gold weapons at some point? Like I might have said before, it would add a bit of extra worth to them and the code's already in place from today's ones.

Also, does the visual effect need to be recharged or just the pros/cons to the statistics?

Blackdeathteal
14th Oct 2014, 20:36
Incredibly happy with these notes might finally move people off Hunter and Reaver only play .

Illusa
14th Oct 2014, 20:57
So after seeing this rather interesting patch notes I figure my 2-3 week break from the game could end now and I would jump back into it. I was really starting to miss it and I had my fill of Shadow of Mordor for now.

I get into the game, buy the new ability and set up for a new game. I come into a lobby and we are waiting on 1 more person. 5 min go by and people start leaving and coming back/leaving and coming back. So far the one really annoying aspect of the game I hate is still around, but hey.. new stuff to try I'm sticking this out.

Finally we get enough to start and we get the count down and immediately a person leaves because we are all high lvls and there is 1 lvl 6 on the other side. So I get switched to that team and another person leaves. So now it is 3v3... and I am back to the one sole issue I have with this game and I leave as well and I'll be back another time.

I cannot explain how frustrating it is to have a game start without a full team on both sides. I simply cannot explain how annoying of a concept of starting it up and hoping someone fills the spot and stays quick enough that the game isn't ruined. At this point I don't waste my time hoping for a good outcome and just leave and stop playing for 5 min. Because if I am to requeue I'll just get tossed back into the game I just left because I didn't want to play in it. While I understand the concept of high priority in filling those spots.. all it takes is one team to get a small lead and a mass majority of people will not stay even if they get put into the game and the game turns sour quickly and into a chain of leavers. This would not be an issue if you simply waited for the lobby to stay full before starting the round. Yes it may take a bit longer to get into a game, but at least it would have better odds of being a game worth spending my time playing.

So... a few suggestions:
1) don't start rounds without a full slot of players.. you only have the game be 4v4... missing one person is HUGE thing to gamble on. It can and does lead to a constant stream of leavers for that round.

2) track the last match players are in and if they leave and opt for another game they don't go back to the one they just left. As they left for a reason. This does not apply IFF you join back onto a friend through the invite or join option, for obvious reasons.

See ya in another week or two. I have not given up on the game, but I can say there are some things that are beyond annoying to deal with in it right now. Specially with the smaller player count since we are in a soft closed beta. And maybe it was just bad luck to run into the same problem that got me to temp quit the few weeks ago.. but I really don't think that is the case.

RazielWarmonic
14th Oct 2014, 20:57
Immolation doesn't really have a place in this game, in my opinion. It's clunky, delayed, the alchemist suffers so little for what it can do it vampires, and there is nothing stopping a full team going 4 alchemists with 1-2 healing mists and more AoEs to negate all that damage and one shot every living thing in their area.

_________

Mystery items I really don't care about, it's more screen clutter. I'll report more when I find one, however I'll most likely not use them.

_________

New visual FX that weren't mentioned.
•Bolas: OK. Don't really care.
•Melee swings on vampire: Too. Flashy. Takes up way too much screen real estate, I'm meleeing here, not using an ability, I should be able to see what I am hitting. Even on grey potato config, it's just way too much.

_________

Pounce changes were a tad unnecessary, this is probably going to effect higher level play more than lower level play however. Savage pounce takes a lot of careful planning to land at higher level, so I'm against this change for now. I'm not too happy with the reaver nerfs all around, mainly the evasion, because I think 4 seconds was just barely enough to get you out of a fight in most situations. Will continue to look at and evaluate however.

_________

Hex Shot should be able to be broken out of in my opinion. Especially with the reaver nerf.

_________

Hunter grenade throw... I totally agree with the sticky damage nerf, by the way. LooooOOOVE that! However, the animation in my opinion is WAY too slow now, again - clunky, not fluid, so I would say revert if not at least scale his animationa little bit back to normal.

And the whip. Needed. Like it. Good job.

_________

FLAW IN THE PARTY BALANCE: Just witnessed this. A 3 stack got balanced on the opposite team, the guy that got put onto my team left then rejoined back on his team and continued to play as normal.

Persiphas
14th Oct 2014, 21:00
Hmm I really like the changes so far, the only thing I don't get is the nerf on grenades (especially sticky). Basically it just means that an hard to hit ability which requires skill to make good use of it (I don't refer to situations like "Hey the complete vampire team has for some reason decided to cuddle on that roof...probably gonna throw a grenade :o") will be roughly as strong as a no-brainer like explosive shots lol.
Maybe I just don't get the idea behind this one... Anyways, all the other changes were pretty much what I was waiting for all the time :D Feels like the devs really care about player feedback. Good job!

EDIT: Will we be able to turn off the visual fx on mysterious weapons? (It is a nice idea and I believe most people will like it, but I fear that it will be too flashy, which would not appeal to my personal taste. I like the dark feeling to Nosgoth...)

PencileyePirate
14th Oct 2014, 21:18
After playing the game I'm not so unhappy about the grenade changes anymore. Evasion, divebomb, and poison cloud changes still suck ... but I'll deal with it.

KDmP_Raze
14th Oct 2014, 21:19
Was really hoping to see the tyrant jump "bug fix" from last major patch reverted. I really thought it added some cool gameplay.
Also, I think the Tyrant jump shouldn't be CC-able. It is way to easy to CC a jumping tyrant at high levels of play. If anything the jump should still do damage when he lands. It makes no sense that a huge mass slamming into the ground is completely negated by a bola, or hex shot.

MasterZtark
14th Oct 2014, 21:29
I noticed the Sticky Grenade now has a Fuse Length of 1.5 seconds (was 1.0 seconds), but wasn't mentioned in the Patch Notes. Maybe I'm just wrong though. *shrugs*

Persiphas
14th Oct 2014, 21:34
Was really hoping to see the tyrant jump "bug fix" from last major patch reverted. I really thought it added some cool gameplay.
Also, I think the Tyrant jump shouldn't be CC-able. (...)

Agreed (although it is fun to stop jumps XD). However, warbow should still have an effect (since it has a huge impact). this way it would be still possible to counterpick jump, but you could at least force the enemy to move when you jump in their direction in some cases.

Obisher
14th Oct 2014, 22:11
So after a bit of playing, here's my feedback, at least considering the abilities I'm using on a regular basis:

Sticky Grenade

I was worried at first, but it doesn't seem that bad at all. It takes a bit longer for it to activate, but seems OK to me.

Kidnap, Abduct

Tooltip now correctly displays the duration that you carry your victim rather than the duration of the Kidnap "window

It took me some time to get used to shorter grab window at first, but doesn't seem like a too strong nerf.

UI

The Buy/Rent flow in the Store has been updated for a more intuitive experience when purchasing and renting items.

This is really nice, much easier to buy stuff now. Also, considering some unmentioned UI tweaks, I noticed there's some kind of slider on top when you're choosing game mode. Looks like a preparation for adding some new game modes.

Also, I dont know why, but I received 10k gold with this patch. So, thanks! :D

And now the bugs I encountered:

The sound loop bug is still present. I died while trying to shadowstep and I kept hearing it. I have that recorded so if it's of any help I can cut the video and send it to you.
Looks like party system went from broken to completely broken again. Tried to party up with a friend, we couldn't. Also, I asked few more people in matches and they all said they failed every time.
Not sure if it's a bug but I had to re-equip my banner and when I quit the game and entered it again, the banner wasn't equipped. Also, my bindings got reset. Fortunately, all my bindings are default except human melee.
While playing Reaver, every time during spawn I would get this message:
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah256/Obisher/Servererror_zps68822f79.jpg

Regarding new vampire melee effect, I don't like it. Seems too flashy and it's really harder for me to hit someone, too distracting. The new bola effect seems nice, though.

I think that's all from me for now. And btw. I got a Mysterious Repeater :D

Wolf_the_Legend
14th Oct 2014, 22:34
Regarding new vampire melee effect, I don't like it. Seems too flashy ...
this ...
no vampire should have this effect by default ... and if you need this effect for the shop at least allow us to turn it off in the graphic options ... because the cartoon-like effect ruins the whole atmosphere ^^ ... at least for me ;)

how about a rainbow tail attached to your vampire :whistle:

TendrilSavant
14th Oct 2014, 23:18
Overall I think most, if not all, of these changes were needed. Most of the changes look more like slight adjustments than big nerfs anyway.

Sticky Grenade

Grenade

This is probably the biggest nerf of the lot, but I think it was warranted. It seems like this might be to discourage people throwing nades at their feet to out DPS vampires.

Psyonix_Corey
14th Oct 2014, 23:45
The sound loop bug is still present. I died while trying to shadowstep and I kept hearing it. I have that recorded so if it's of any help I can cut the video and send it to you.

Nice one! Should be fixed in next patch.

TheDreamcrusher
14th Oct 2014, 23:47
Good changes. I can't say I know much of using Poison Cloud, because I dislike the alchemist class overall because of their main weapon.

What I don't care for, this patch, is adding flash to every vampire's melee attack. I agree with the poster above that it looks cartoonish. Plus, why are you adding even more highlight to already weaker than human vampires? I can spot someone being attacked or be spotted much more easily because it's default now. It stands out against everything else, like color palette and textures.

Also, I dig the changes you made for tyrant, as it's headed in the right direction, but you've got a big glaring problem with his melee. That is, you've never addressed the radius of his strikes or how he just flies by humans on a charged melee. It sucks. That's what I would work on.

riccetto80
15th Oct 2014, 02:15
And we're back! Happy to announce that we're now running a special in-game event to celebrate this update..... DOUBLE XP!
Check out the blog here: http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/mysterious-items-immolation-and-more

Seems to not work, i made very little gold, seems also my booster 50% not working anymore...

anyway, i notice changes there are not in release note, i mean, most as vampire, seems the animation and movement was changes, now is much difficult to hit the enemy... i write this in chat and also teammates agreed and notice this...

warpster69
15th Oct 2014, 08:34
Twice in 3 games I have glitched into the wall, Im stuck there until I am killed or tele out. Never had this till this new update. Sound glitch is still there too

Saikocat
15th Oct 2014, 09:56
Seems to not work, i made very little gold, seems also my booster 50% not working anymore...

The Double XP won't affect gold earnings, it just doubles your XP but isn't going to double your gold too.

Did you have that booster applied already?

Vampmaster
15th Oct 2014, 10:19
The Double XP won't affect gold earnings, it just doubles your XP but isn't going to double your gold too.

Did you have that booster applied already?

I had a 30 day booster already enabled as well. Are you saying it needs unequipping and reequipping?

MuShYRoOM
15th Oct 2014, 11:40
anyway, i notice changes there are not in release note, i mean, most as vampire, seems the animation and movement was changes, now is much difficult to hit the enemy... i write this in chat and also teammates agreed and notice this...

I noticed the same, and as Human i cant aim like before.. i dislike the changes for movement and aiming, its rly weird.. like i would have +50% Shot Spread or sth, even with the -20% Shot Spread Perk.. Cuz its much harder to hit.. and as vampire its rly weird in close combat, i changed my mouse sensitivity so often cuz i thought its of this.. but then it was too high as human..
hope u will reverse the changes you made in movement/aiming and dont tell us in changelog.. cuz i rly liked my aim, now its just no fun anymore when it changed and i dont hit anymore with same aiming which did hits before the update..

Btw:
Not every player is a mid-high sense player....
and the lowest possible sensitivity for the mouse ingame (25.000000) is still way to high for me!
So i always have to change my sensitivity in the nosgoth config ( to 15.250000) because the settings are always reseted after an update and its 25.000000 again..
Dont understand why you cant set the sensitivity lower as 25.000000 ingame rly..

Sanguise23
15th Oct 2014, 12:35
i noticed aiming seamed off as well thought i just sucked yesterday, tyrant speed increase is cool but taking a bit to get used to (although maybe it was the melee animation making me miss)

lucinvampire
15th Oct 2014, 12:44
Immolation – good but really hard to actually get to work in battle.

Balance – Humans…I think I forgot how to human :scratch: – weakening the humans – but Scout is untouched :confused: yet the others were made weaker.

Vampires...seem ok though…well I only played Tyrant and Reaver – Tyrant seems much easier to play now and you can actually function/move easier/better which vastly improved his playability.

Store – seemed good and much clearer to see what’s permanent to buy and costs.

Deceiver Execution – damn forgot to look at this…and I bought it! Doh!

i noticed aiming seamed off as well thought i just sucked yesterday, tyrant speed increase is cool but taking a bit to get used to (although maybe it was the melee animation making me miss)

I found it so much easier last night to hit people using vampire melee – if it was changed I like it :D

PencileyePirate
15th Oct 2014, 13:14
Further feedback after 4+ hours of testing:

Glad Whip got nerfed, but the follow-through delay is slightly too long.

I love the risk/reward aspect of Immolation; it's extremely effective once you figure out how to use it.

Have come to terms with Sentinel changes, but the mobility reduction on Divebomb might've been too much.

Still pretty irritated about Evasion duration.

Firehex
15th Oct 2014, 13:51
So, just my review about this patch.

Whip - nice nerf.
Grenades - not so needed,but ok.

Poison Cloud - i have neved used it,but i think 7 seconds was really too much.

Hex Shot - before patch it was most OP human ability, now you made it even better =))

Pounces - why savage's danage got nerfed more than normal one ? You need to aim better to land it. But we got better dot damage. In high lvl games hit damage is more important,because humans will save teammates very fast.
Choking Haze - aww...whole 1 second. A bit sad,but not so much.
Evasion - balanced nerf. I am ok with that.

Tyrant - straigh buff imho. Need to play him more for testing his new buffs.

Sentinel - that 0,25 seconds nerf made me happy a bit. Not so much,but thanks.

Bugs
Fixed an issue with hearing looping ability audio stuck on in game for the duration of the match. - NOPE. My teammate said it continued even on new map.
Fixed an issue causing 'ghost players' to not be fully kicked out of lobbies, leading to permanent 4v3 matches. This should reduce the frequency and severity of 4v3 lobbies, but the issue may still occur for other reasons. We will be keeping close tabs on the state of lobbies after this patch to track down remaining issues. - no idea, need more time to check this.
Fixed a number of one time crash issues - good to hear.
We have implemented additional debugging for the issue causing players to occasionally be unable to spawn in the second round of a match and hope to hotfix the issue soon. - you should fix it as soon as you can,because this is most major bug right now.

And most funny thing is...attention!! :mad: You Broke Party System... again. * There should be my wall of bad rage words about developers,but i'll try to calm down* When i tryed with my friend to create party we got this again and again : "Unable to join friend's lobby. Authentication has failed".

What did i do to resolve this problem:
1. Restart game (both of us did this)
2. Restart steam (also both)
3. Check game files via steam cache

NOTHING helped. Saikocat said :"Sliiiight delay while we tick all the boxes and make sure everything is in working order, but it'll be worth it!" :scratch: :scratch: Did you even test party system after patch ?

I really..really !! (there should also be some bad words,but i'll resist) hope what you will fix party system in few days,not 2-3 weeks as it was before. I was polite as i could. Good luck:whistle:

Shikei001
15th Oct 2014, 15:13
And most funny thing is...attention!! :mad: You Broke Party System... again. * There should be my wall of bad rage words about developers,but i'll try to calm down* When i tryed with my friend to create party we got this again and again : "Unable to join friend's lobby. Authentication has failed".

NOTHING helped. Saikocat said :"Sliiiight delay while we tick all the boxes and make sure everything is in working order, but it'll be worth it!" :scratch: :scratch: Did you even test party system after patch ?

I really..really !! (there should also be some bad words,but i'll resist) hope what you will fix party system in few days,not 2-3 weeks as it was before. I was polite as i could. Good luck:whistle:

Me and some other friends noticed it yesterday too, but found quickly a solution... it seems (at least for us) that we could invite as soon as someone found a lobby with free slots..

Wolf_the_Legend
15th Oct 2014, 16:27
and could you please stop resetting key bindings with every patch that's been released :worship: ... thx

MasterZtark
15th Oct 2014, 16:38
I just had a 59 to 59 game, and at the end it actually said "Match Draw"! http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/30723057180734570/4C02AD19AEA1F211D8F0DA6B7F2A63898D8BFD2A/
Although, I did notice in the Gold Earned section it says we Lost and only gave the 50 gold (I'm curious if it said the same thing for the other team). Did we actually tie (besides the obvious 59 to 59 score) or is the same (or new?) system to determine the winner still in place?

Prime_Abstergo
15th Oct 2014, 16:38
And mouse sensitivity please :worship: thx!)))

Sanguise23
15th Oct 2014, 16:54
So, just my review about this patch.

Whip - nice nerf.
Grenades - not so needed,but ok.

Poison Cloud - i have neved used it,but i think 7 seconds was really too much.

Hex Shot - before patch it was most OP human ability, now you made it even better =))

Pounces - why savage's danage got nerfed more than normal one ? You need to aim better to land it. But we got better dot damage. In high lvl games hit damage is more important,because humans will save teammates very fast.
Choking Haze - aww...whole 1 second. A bit sad,but not so much.
Evasion - balanced nerf. I am ok with that.

Tyrant - straigh buff imho. Need to play him more for testing his new buffs.

Sentinel - that 0,25 seconds nerf made me happy a bit. Not so much,but thanks.

Bugs
Fixed an issue with hearing looping ability audio stuck on in game for the duration of the match. - NOPE. My teammate said it continued even on new map.
Fixed an issue causing 'ghost players' to not be fully kicked out of lobbies, leading to permanent 4v3 matches. This should reduce the frequency and severity of 4v3 lobbies, but the issue may still occur for other reasons. We will be keeping close tabs on the state of lobbies after this patch to track down remaining issues. - no idea, need more time to check this.
Fixed a number of one time crash issues - good to hear.
We have implemented additional debugging for the issue causing players to occasionally be unable to spawn in the second round of a match and hope to hotfix the issue soon. - you should fix it as soon as you can,because this is most major bug right now.

FYI if you join while in a lobby it works

Jallford
15th Oct 2014, 17:16
I don't understand the pounce nerfs but it doesn't really affect me, Savage Pounce seems like something that needs skill to hit you should be punished with high damage for getting hit by it.

I normally play Hunter and appreciate whip was over the top. The delay is sensible. Still getting used to grenade animation but it's just a case of adjusting.

I like the new vampire hit effects. Is it a subtle nod to Soul Reaver? (I think Raziel had a slight blue outline on his claws when he attacked?)

SiD_Green
15th Oct 2014, 18:53
I don't know if the savage/pounce nerfs were really needed, but I don't have problem with them either. I think that more often than not, when I get hit by a full initial damage SP I also take the full DoT

malgaa
15th Oct 2014, 19:51
I can't execute as vampire since last patch. It seems to be related to the execution slot you use to equip the different exectutions. The first game I played I got an error saying something like "Can't equip item XXXXXX on slot5". Everytime I try to execute it grabs the body instead.

I didn't change my binds and I checked they are correct.

RazielWarmonic
15th Oct 2014, 20:09
I can't execute as vampire since last patch. It seems to be related to the execution slot you use to equip the different exectutions. The first game I played I got an error saying something like "Can't equip item XXXXXX on slot5". Everytime I try to execute it grabs the body instead.

I didn't change my binds and I checked they are correct.

Please set your BCMPInput file off of "Read-Only" (if you have it set to that) and that should fix the Execute problem. A lot of others and myself were having this problem and this seem to fix the issue. If this doesn't, delete your BCMPInput file, go into Nosgoth to repopulate it, then tweek it again and you can set it to "Read-Only" again! :)

(BCMPInput is located in: user>documents>my games>Nosgoth>BCMPGames>Config)

Also unrelated question:
Did you guys change Vampire melee at all? Not the obvious animation change (that wasn't listed, once again, this is truly really frustrating, every little change should be listed no matter how minuscule, it would keep questions like this from popping up). I've had several people report to me that it feels funky, off, and bottom line different.

malgaa
15th Oct 2014, 21:14
Please set your BCMPInput file off of "Read-Only" (if you have it set to that) and that should fix the Execute problem. A lot of others and myself were having this problem and this seem to fix the issue. If this doesn't, delete your BCMPInput file, go into Nosgoth to repopulate it, then tweek it again and you can set it to "Read-Only" again! :)

(BCMPInput is located in: user>documents>my games>Nosgoth>BCMPGames>Config)

It worked, thanks very much sexy hunter :)

Sorrowgate
16th Oct 2014, 00:46
Also unrelated question:
Did you guys change Vampire melee at all? Not the obvious animation change (that wasn't listed, once again, this is truly really frustrating, every little change should be listed no matter how minuscule, it would keep questions like this from popping up). I've had several people report to me that it feels funky, off, and bottom line different.

It certainly feels like my character glides around a bit more during attacks, it's like I don't even have to dodge roll to both hit the opponent and then move around them. However, I've also missed a couple more attacks than usual when it looks like I should have landed them (happened before because it's a lag thing, but it feels like it's a little more frequent now, pretty annoying against humans that actually strafe when they initially start strafing and my impale moves right through them).

Put simply, I'm killing people fabulously.

DesolatedMaggot
16th Oct 2014, 03:54
I know I'm far from the only one to toss my opinions out, but I wanted to weigh in on some of the changes as well.

Mysterious Items - I realize Nosgoth is going to be free-to-play and because of that cosmetics will make the bulk of your cash, but I'm not so sure gaudy TF2-eqsue "Unusual" weapons are the route to take with Nosgoth. I would like to see their "Strange" kill counting weapons though.

Immolation - is a great idea, overall. I think the charge-up time dropping to 3 seconds would be considerably better. As it is now, killing an Alchemist who's activated Immolation, even on your own, is quite easy to do before she detonates. Dodging it entirely is even easier. Seems to be really only useful as a surprise attack to throw on once and a while and use it when you're NOT the focus of attention.

Hunter - I think the Whip might have been hit a bit too hard, but not by much. Maybe revert the previous patches' damage nerf to it? Sticky Grenade being singled out for a damage nerf is a bit weird, but not too big of a deal. Animation change feels perfectly fine.

Hex Shot - Felt weird it didn't do this before, so gg.

Reaver - I like the risk vs. reward aspect of Pounce, and agree there wasn't enough of it. Honestly could stand to see more still. Evasion duration change I don't quite agree with. I think 4 second duration was fine, and the cooldown reduction doesn't quite make up for it.

Tyrant - Love these changes so far. Tyrant feels much more responsive. Ignore Pain buff was barely noticeable but welcome nonetheless.

Sentinel - Totally fine with this change. I hated having to dodge the same Kidnap twice. Dive Bomb feels much more natural now. Whenever I stop using it for a while I always over-turn with it, not expecting to have that crazy amount of control.

Stumble - Thank you.

Executions - Glad to see the normalization, so as to not make future executes better than default. Pay2Win is an abomination. Speaking of abominations and executions, solid job on the new Deceiver execute.

Melee Effects - Great idea, bad implementation. As others have mentioned, current look of it throws off the ascetic quite a bit. I completely agree with the idea of adding this however, allows you to see exactly where you're hitting which is an awesome idea. Great alternative to adding a vampire crosshair (which I did want before). Visual definitely needs tweaking though, it shouldn't be so in-your-face. The current texture would be fine for the most part at around 60-80% transparency?

Bug Fixes - I have yet to see any of the bugs announced as fixed crop up yet, so gg there. Party system being half-broken again is annoying though.

Firehex
16th Oct 2014, 12:53
Well, i tryed sentinel class today after patch - it is unplayable for me now. I can't catch anyone, i touch them with hands,face,but catch didn't register. Dive bomb ? Before i can hit about 95% of my tryes - now about 50%. Just sad.

Blackatana1
16th Oct 2014, 13:54
I know your certainly aware of this but I wanted to throw it out there. In sommerdam vamps can still get stuck in the walls while attempting to execute humans near the burning debris of a building near the corner of the map.

riccetto80
17th Oct 2014, 16:45
i really don know how is possible each damn patch you broke totally the already almost broken party system...

is 17 octomber, open beta is for winter... maximum 2 months or so...

the new matchmaking is out of discussion for open beta...

ok, new user and exsistent user can rely on party to play with friend... NO

the party is broken or almost...

and i didn't see chance will be fixed in 2 months... also because this game have a history of fix who didint really fix and fix of the fix and fix of the fix of the fix... see the sound in loop fix or the 3vs4 fix...

what kind of open beta release do you have in mind? like this you will only push away the new player base gain from open beta...

almost all friend i push to try time game, give up play it duo this issue with party system...

myself when i try to play in party i oeften after 3/4/5 try, restart game, try again, etc etc give up to play at all the game...

i really dont understand where are you concentrate your effort for this open beta release, seems you miss what a community REALLY need to play and enjoy the game, the matchmaking or AT LEAST a working party system to play with friend...

Obisher
18th Oct 2014, 10:32
After playing some more and seeing some changes that weren't mentioned in the patch notes, I changed my mind about sticky grenade. I think it was nerfed a bit too much. Reducing the damage to 400 is not that bad, I don't see why it was needed, but OK. The thing that troubles me though, is why the fuse length was increased to 1.5 seconds. That in combination with reduced animation speed is really harsh. It became much harder to anticipate where to throw grenade, although I'll probably get used to it soon, but now it' really taking too long to go off.

And if we compare this with normal grenade, which has the same cooldown, does 100 more damage and has radius twice the size of the one sticky grenade has, with only disadvantages that it's taking 0.5 seconds longer to go off, and that it doesn't stick to any surfaces, I don't see much reason to choose sticky grenade now. Personally, grenade seems like a better choice to me now. One of the main reasons why I chose sticky grenade before was 1 second shorter fuse length. But now... If I have to wait for 1,5 seconds for it to go off, I might as well wait 2 seconds for normal grenade to go off and do higher damage in a larger radius.

Also, explosive shots deal slightly less damage (if they all hit) but have larger radius and explode on impact. So I'm most likely switching to either grenade or explosive shots.