PDA

View Full Version : Prophet Memory Leak Fps Drops.

uNborn-
12th Oct 2014, 04:45
Been meaning to post on here about a known problem with the prophet. If even one human player chooses the character fps will consistently drop as the round goes on. At the start of the second round the Lag will have subsided, unless of course the other team selects a prophet as it will come back as the round goes on. As far as I know this effects all players on both sides. In matches where No prophets are selected the game runs smooth. Not sure if this has been reported before but it has basically alienated me from using the class entirely for the sake of keeping the game fps drop free.

Prime_Abstergo
16th Oct 2014, 11:32
Bumping a thread.
I am experiencing major fps drops during after_patch games. Mostly they occur quite suddenly and INDEED connected to prophets somehow (noticed whilst playing prophet myself).
Please make a note on this one.

Aggggh
16th Oct 2014, 12:17
It generally helps to at least post your system specs and what kind of memory usage you're seeing if you're going to try and report a memory leak.

I'm on a 2500k@4.2 ghz, 8gb of ddr3 1600mhz, GTX 670 2gb gpu with nosgoth installed on a 250gb 840 evo w/ Win 7 home premium OS.

game settings: http://i.imgur.com/ByaBsj3.jpg

Just noticed I have motion blur and ambient occlusion on. Ew.

Haven't seen anything out of the ordinary with prophet. Nosgoth is using 1-1.5 gb of memory and around ~850 gb of vram just like any other UE3 game I've played on this system. In fact, the memory usage is more stable than other UE3 games like Blacklight retribution and borderlands for example.

Prime_Abstergo
16th Oct 2014, 16:03
You play normally and then suddenly start lagging like hell. That is how i would explain my problem. Its not like game lagging all the time, moreover at that very moment my friend cried out in skype about the same fps issue. Mmm?

I have gtx260 with 897 vram. Game runs smoothly on old maps btw.

Psyonix-Greg
16th Oct 2014, 22:17
So you're talking about 2 things here in this bug. You mention FPS and you mention lag. Are you seeing network spikes causing the game to lag, or are you seeing your framerate drop? If you lower your settings all the way down, does this bug still happen? You mentioned 2 of you got it at the same time which tells me it's network and not frames. Is this on all maps? I need more information to look in to this because we are not seeing it here at all.

Cristari
17th Oct 2014, 18:30
I have not noticed a FPS drop with the use of the Prophet class.
I've been in a team of 4 Prophets and not notice any drop in FPS.

EDIT
Just ran 4 matches watched Mem and FPS throughout and didn't notice a drop of more than 5FPS stayed between 56FPS and 60FPS all the time used Prophet when I could even had 3 Prophets in one team. Memory stayed at 1.5 to 2GB

I had a massive lag spike when a paired group with over 150Ping joined the game and came anywhere near me but that wasn't anything to do with the OP's post.

mizzle111
17th Oct 2014, 19:42
I can confirm major fps drop from 60 to 18-20 fps in the middle of the match. Normally i always have 60 all the time.

Maxximusblue
18th Oct 2014, 19:06
Seems like a lot of his skills drop frames and keep the frames down . Anyone else having this problem? some have said its a memory leak .

mizzle111
19th Oct 2014, 04:05
I think i realise what is the reason of fps drop. It is steam - i kill steam process then restart steam and everything is fine.

DFTM11
19th Oct 2014, 11:55
drawdown FPS does not depend on:
graphics settings
map

Here's my system:
Phenom II X4 925 3360mhz
Radeon HD6970
DDR3 1600 Mhz
no overheating or viruses, etc.

monitoring a good game without any problems with the FPS (limited to 60)
http://i65.fastpic.ru/thumb/2014/1019/46/ea61a2946f568815938bec246d84b246.jpeg (http://fastpic.ru/view/65/2014/1019/ea61a2946f568815938bec246d84b246.jpg.html)

bad game, low FPS
http://i63.fastpic.ru/thumb/2014/1019/dc/6e860e334c76960c97ed5791596d17dc.jpeg (http://fastpic.ru/view/63/2014/1019/6e860e334c76960c97ed5791596d17dc.jpg.html)

problems arise if the game is a Prophet.

Cristari
19th Oct 2014, 12:54
drawdown FPS does not depend on:
graphics settings
map

Here's my system:
Phenom II X4 925 3360mhz
Radeon HD6970
DDR3 1600 Mhz
no overheating or viruses, etc.

>IMAGES REMOVED<

problems arise if the game is a Prophet.

I have no intention of being mean here but, How much memory do you have and why are you using a really old mid range (at the time) CPU?

I suspect it's your PC causing the issue. I have absolutely no issues with memory in this game what so ever, at least nut yet (who can tell what tomorrow brings)

DFTM11
19th Oct 2014, 13:11
I have no intention of being mean here but, How much memory do you have and why are you using a really old mid range (at the time) CPU?

I suspect it's your PC causing the issue. I have absolutely no issues with memory in this game what so ever, at least nut yet (who can tell what tomorrow brings)
forgot to specify, 8GB RAM.
CPU meets the recommended requirements
as you can see from the screenshots do not have problems with memory.
there is a problem with it falling FPS Prophet

Cristari
19th Oct 2014, 18:24
Actually no I cant make anything out from your images.

If may just be your GFX card try updating the drivers see if it helps I know for a fact that I don't see any FPS drop in a game and I use Prophet more or less every game I have a GTX690 running 3 monitors and a GTX550Ti for PhysX only.

Is that the recommended minimum or for performance? - You know I don't actually recall seeing them anywhere!

DFTM11
20th Oct 2014, 08:34
Actually no I cant make anything out from your images.

If may just be your GFX card try updating the drivers see if it helps I know for a fact that I don't see any FPS drop in a game and I use Prophet more or less every game I have a GTX690 running 3 monitors and a GTX550Ti for PhysX only.

Is that the recommended minimum or for performance? - You know I don't actually recall seeing them anywhere!
This problem doesn't relate to drivers or CPU/VGA manufacturer.
It has been happened to Prime_Abstergo as well, although his basic system stats are: core 2 quad q6600, GTX260 and 4GB RAM.
it also doesn't relate to latency: i have stable 144ms, he has 50-60ms at any time

I think the system requirements may be something but incorrect, or simply untested on older systems (although many of the new multi-platform games, such as Alien Isolation performing much better than Nosgoth). I hope that this will be fixed in the near future

PencileyePirate
22nd Oct 2014, 17:33
I haven't profiled memory usage yet, but I definitely tend to experience mysterious and significant FPS drops whenever a Prophet is in-game.

uNborn-
23rd Oct 2014, 19:16
So you're talking about 2 things here in this bug. You mention FPS and you mention lag. Are you seeing network spikes causing the game to lag, or are you seeing your framerate drop? If you lower your settings all the way down, does this bug still happen? You mentioned 2 of you got it at the same time which tells me it's network and not frames. Is this on all maps? I need more information to look in to this because we are not seeing it here at all.

This has Zero to do with network. Forgive me for using the word "lag" as there seems to be some confusion apparently here on what I meant. Its a fps drop problem that revolves around the prophet in some way. if there isn't a prophet in the game there is ZERO issue. I have a way above average PC and it still effects me the same as any other.

Prime_Abstergo
24th Oct 2014, 04:28
Its not lag. Its a framerate drop.
Small update: game almsot unplayable even with one prophet in it. With 3+ FPS it simply goes down to 10+fps. Totally unplayable please fix it asap.
HInt: I've noticed exceptional fps spikes after using LifeLeach

RoflBalast
24th Oct 2014, 09:31
Specs:
Intell core i7-2600k
GTX 560ti
32gb ram
win 8.1
I sometimes drop frames like crazy when I am playing human, sometimes without prophets.

PencileyePirate
24th Oct 2014, 19:16
I sometimes drop frames like crazy when I am playing human, sometimes without prophets.

It could be a separate issue. Some friends I play with using voice would notice simultaneous FPS drops [across clients] during Tyrant jumps in the past, but I haven't noticed this lately.

Hyperspeed1000
27th Oct 2014, 15:34
I can confirm that while playing Prophet you definetly drop some frames making the game unplayable at times

Psyonix_Corey
29th Oct 2014, 20:23
Hey guys,

I just wanted to update you and thank you for reporting this. We were able to reproduce an issue with the prophet's guns not cleaning up their firing FX correctly, causing a performance degradation over time. This will be fixed in the next build!

Zerobot1
29th Oct 2014, 20:41
Great to hear that. I do hope there aren't similar bugs for other effects in the game though.

Psyonix_Corey
29th Oct 2014, 20:48
Great to hear that. I do hope there aren't similar bugs for other effects in the game though.

This is a unique case, but I can assure you're going back to verify nothing else is having a similar effect.

Prime_Abstergo
30th Oct 2014, 19:30
WHOOOA!! That is AWESOME!! Thanks a lot!

uNborn-
31st Oct 2014, 02:08
Hey guys,

I just wanted to update you and thank you for reporting this. We were able to reproduce an issue with the prophet's guns not cleaning up their firing FX correctly, causing a performance degradation over time. This will be fixed in the next build!

Thanks Corey. Really appreciate everything you guys do.

Jallford
8th Nov 2014, 10:15
Didn't see anything in the patch notes but I've noticed much less lag when playing as/having a Prophet in a match now. Has this issue been resolved?

Psyonix_Corey
8th Nov 2014, 18:50
Didn't see anything in the patch notes but I've noticed much less lag when playing as/having a Prophet in a match now. Has this issue been resolved?

It has indeed, updated patch notes

Jallford
10th Nov 2014, 14:58
And there was much rejoicing.