PDA

View Full Version : REAVER Reaver and Talents

Kootkha
27th Sep 2015, 02:31
Hi everyone.
I know, there are a lot of posts and suggestions about necessity of Reavers improving.
They Could be emproved through talent system that was made recently.
I will not talk about first appearance of "agility" talent and its subsequent destruction. Just think that there should be some middle way between "+10% +5%" and "+50% +30%" .
Anyway, at every class there are some unique talents that accents this class playstyle. All reavers talents are comparable with perks that exist before Cooldowns, Bounty Speed, Wall Climbing speed (with a little buff +5% move) , Frenzy. So there is only two really unique talents - Agility and Adrenalin.
There was a lot of talks about agility as it is now, I think most players will agreed that it's not attractive talent. It's not accents class playstyle and it doesn't give u any real buff . It must be redesing, I think.
Next one is Adrenaline. I tried to use it, tested it, but didn't noticed any changes in "with or without" this talent. The reason is that cooldowns for the most popular reavers abilities is low enough (10 and 8 seconds) even with SP it's 12 seconds. So even if melee hit landed (i think Nosgoth has real problems with that too, but it's another story) , most of the time it happens not more often then 1 time in 1 second. So the cooldown is not much faster expires. I have no problem to launch 2 sweeping kicks during 1 fight even without this talent. And according to this, it's not doing any differnce to reaver playstyle or role on the battlefield as well.

And all useable talents for reaver are still Frenzy and Bounty Speed (nevertheless it was nerfed) as they were as a perks, in my opinion .
So with upcoming patch with new prophets and vanguard skins , plz, try to rethink or redesing reavers talents for more appropriate use. Thank you.

Firehex
27th Sep 2015, 08:34
Just think that there should be some middle way between "+10% +5%" and "+50% +30%" .
This. I just want to have reason to play pounce style again. I'm really tired to use only kick...

--Ram--
27th Sep 2015, 21:35
The faster pounce did seem to make the class much more fun and variable, the nerf sledgehammer was over the top. I think all it needed was the damage bonus removed and maybe a slight speed reduction.

Ygdrasel
28th Sep 2015, 07:34
I'm really tired to use only kick...

So stop using Kick. It's exactly as simple as that.

Reaver does seem to lack in these options though. Problem with him being the sort of go-to well-rounded vamp class is there's not much unique you can do with Perks/Talents to differentiate him well.

Kootkha
28th Sep 2015, 09:33
It's the matter of imagination lack.

There are a lot of ways to diversify reavers role. It can be simple "hit&run" , it can be "Leaper (roof top pouncers)" and it could be "tactical superiority" with all grenades(smoke/choke) and and swift movement majority.

That what I can say even without straining. If we will waste a bit more time (and I hope devs will) it can be even more various.

GrayPhilosophy
30th Sep 2015, 07:03
Hmm..Ideas! Yay!

Hemorrhage
Adds a bleed effect to pounce/leap/kick abilities that ticks for X damage for Y seconds on the initial hit.
Gives the pounce abilities a higher initial burst damage, might need something to balance that out. But also gives leap attack more viability from being able to hop in and cause a bleed effect to your target from a distance etc.

Unstoppable onslaught
Resets cooldown on pounce/leap/kick abilities if it kills your target.
Similar to the Sentinel perk

Tainted attunement
You no longer take damage from your own choking haze effect

One with the shadows
While inside a smoke cloud (your own or anyone elses), damage taken is reduced by X% and damage dealt is increased by Y%.

Thoughts?

Kootkha
30th Sep 2015, 08:12
Idk, for me any alternative to existing reavers talents sounds nice. The rest should be tested, dunno good it or bad.

Ygdrasel
30th Sep 2015, 08:45
One with the shadows
While inside a smoke cloud (your own or anyone elses), damage taken is reduced by X% and damage dealt is increased by Y%.

Thoughts?

Sounds like the Mist power which Dumahim never exhibited. The rest sound good.

Firehex
30th Sep 2015, 09:09
So stop using Kick. It's exactly as simple as that.

Problem is, Mr. simple guy, it's not effective. I played good round with savage pounce and missed only 2 times. But in the result tab my damage was lowest in team. Why ? Because i need to spend time predicting where human will move next second and after landing pounce i will ( in most cases ) be CCed by victim teammates. This game style is not rewardable.
Of course it's fun and you feel cool when you land long range pounce, but for me winning and good damage score is much more important then just fun. :scratch:

GrayPhilosophy
30th Sep 2015, 12:18
Sounds like the Mist power which Dumahim never exhibited. The rest sound good.

Ah! Wasn't aware of that :)

Ygdrasel
30th Sep 2015, 20:59
me winning and good damage score is much more important then just fun. :scratch:

That is a depressing mindset.

--Ram--
30th Sep 2015, 23:35

It's a competitive mindset, nothing too depressing about it. Winning is fun.

Firehex
1st Oct 2015, 18:02

In moba genre games i want to win =) In games like BF 3 and CS i don't care about win rate and enjoy gameplay process =)