PDA

View Full Version : Balancing a 3 vs 4 Game by introducing Spawn Queue

Elfenwahn
26th Sep 2015, 00:10
If someone leaves the game the rest of the turn is quite useless for the rest of the players, independend of the fact that he gets punished or not (maybe he just had a crash). So what this game needs is a balancing mechanisms that allows to play a 3vs4 still as a good game.

One option could be that you just introduce a spawn queue to the 4 players so that there are always at a maximum 3 players of each team on the field. The fourth one can only spawn again, as soon as one of his team members dies.

This worked already for other games and I think it could help Nosgoth with this currently just boring/lost games of 3vs4.

Firehex
26th Sep 2015, 01:28
I was thinking about buff+ 25% to all stats to give a chance outnumbered team, but your idea is better =)
And if someone will cry about it like- i want to play right now, it's not my problem what someone left, then grow up or just leave game.
But problem is what community is so small what devs will listen this crying players and will not implent this.
They already have problems with punishing system - banning players who discconected due crash/internet problem.

Elfenwahn
26th Sep 2015, 23:54
Well, I guess currently there are more players crying because 3vs4 sucks. So hopefully we can get some support for this idea. :)

TheDreamcrusher
27th Sep 2015, 00:26
I've seen maybe a total of 3 suggestions from these forums implemented. Ever. So I wish you good luck, because it will probably be a few years before there's a solution.

Firehex
27th Sep 2015, 08:43
I've seen maybe a total of 3 suggestions from these forums implemented. Ever. So I wish you good luck, because it will probably be a few years before there's a solution.

You destroyed our hope =(

ParadoxicalOmen
27th Sep 2015, 15:05
Well, I guess currently there are more players crying because 3vs4 sucks. So hopefully we can get some support for this idea. :)

I gave this same idea about 2 months ago...so don't get your hopes up...

GrayPhilosophy
30th Sep 2015, 07:14
This idea seems pretty great! I usually offer to sit it out to even the odds, if someone from the enemy team leaves, but this would be a nice way to handle things I think.

In the mean time, they at least made it safe to leave a game after someone else left now :D

enkaku-silence-
30th Sep 2015, 08:00
I opened a thread with a poll a while ago with suggestions to solve the 3vs4-problem.
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=159508
Please feel free to vote for your desired option, to draw a better picture of the community's demands.

Ygdrasel
30th Sep 2015, 08:54
I've never seen 3V4 as quite the horror others appear to see. They don't generally become suddenly boring or anything. But they are clearly an issue, and this seems a nice fix...But the guy who can't respawn would be irritated. I'd suggest keep the 3V4 arrangement but hit the 4 team with some manner of handicap (or the 3 team with a boost) that ends when teams rebalance.

And to be sure, this system would be miserable currently. The queue times now are atrocious so that guy who can't respawn will be waiting a long time. Someday, maybe.

Firehex
30th Sep 2015, 09:02
I opened a thread with a poll a while ago with suggestions to solve the 3vs4-problem.
Please feel free to vote for your desired option, to draw a better picture of the community's demands.

Done.

ParadoxicalOmen
30th Sep 2015, 23:55
I've never seen 3V4 as quite the horror others appear to see. They don't generally become suddenly boring or anything. But they are clearly an issue, and this seems a nice fix...But the guy who can't respawn would be irritated. I'd suggest keep the 3V4 arrangement but hit the 4 team with some manner of handicap (or the 3 team with a boost) that ends when teams rebalance.

And to be sure, this system would be miserable currently. The queue times now are atrocious so that guy who can't respawn will be waiting a long time. Someday, maybe.

You didn't get the main portion of the the idea...it's a spawn QUEUE. Meaning that the players will take turns "sitting out"...
IMO it's the perfect solution for 4v3 problem, everyone play and game is balanced...

Ygdrasel
1st Oct 2015, 03:45
You didn't get the main portion of the the idea...it's a spawn QUEUE. Meaning that the players will take turns "sitting out"...
IMO it's the perfect solution for 4v3 problem, everyone play and game is balanced...

Probably the best option there could be, yeah...Now to just get it noticed enough to be implemented.

ParadoxicalOmen
1st Oct 2015, 18:34
Now to just get it noticed enough to be implemented.

Yeah, i hope so...
I even went on the poll enkaku started:

-Shiro-
1st Oct 2015, 19:52
it's another topic, but a very toxic guy on EU servers found a new game : leaving league lobbies just before they started. He did it multiple times so it's obviously intended. Is it useful to report him through Square Enix this time ? It's an unacceptable behaviour, but can they do something about it ? I already reported him multiple times from steam.