PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth State of Play: September 2015

Psyonix_Ryan
25th Sep 2015, 23:45
Back-to-school month may be a bit of a downer for some of us, but with September in the books we can now look forward to what’s to come in Nosgoth.

However, the second paragraph always consists of a recap since our last State of Play, so let's get down to business: As our time with Capture the Body came to an end, we kicked off the month of September with a week of Flashpoint (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/play-our-flashpoint-mode-from-september-1-7). Morgan Snight from Psyonix took some time to talk to us about his role as a Visual Effects artist (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/meet-the-developer-morgan-snight) and how his work can be seen in the game. We then presented an update and additional information on the Season 1 (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/deep-dive-nosgoth-leagues-season-1) of Nosgoth Leagues, incorporating community feedback into our plans for the game.

Later in the month, a new session of Nosgoth Leagues Beta (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/leagues-beta-1-2-from-september-9-15) ran for a week without any time restriction (yup; it was available all day long). We also implemented some new changes to Nosgoth, including updates to the rental system (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/changes-to-7-day-rentals), a brand new talent track, and even more ways to earn gold. With all of these changes going on, we made sure to provide new opportunities for players to earn more gold (as well as refund any runestones or gold spent on perks). Back by popular demand, we ran an additional week of Capture the Body (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/leagues-party-series-from-september-22-28) just in case you missed out on it earlier in the month. Wrapping up the month, League Beta Season 1.3 is going strong, some new wallpaper was conjured up (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/class-wallpapers-alchemist-and-sentinel), and we added some new abilities to the game!

And now, let’s take a look what we have coming up in Nosgoth.

OCTOBER - Season Beta 2.0

Although the official schedule has changed in the recent past, we will have a month long Ranked Season starting October 1st. During this time, players will have a chance to rise up the ranks toward the Eternal tier, consisting of the top 100 players in the game. Each player that ends the season in Eternal will be eligible to receive a cash prize, up to $1000 for the top spot on the list. All told, we'll be giving away up to $10,000 in cash prizes alone dring Season Beta 2.0.

You can find more on the current League Season schedule, plus details on all of the reward tiers, right here (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/deep-dive-nosgoth-leagues-season-1).

OCTOBER - In-game event

To celebrate everyone’s favorite candy-hogging holiday, we’ll be running a special multi-day event around Halloween. During the world event, there will be exclusive Human and Vampire Devil’s chests dropping during play. These chests will require a key to unlock but will reward players with Exotic Devil’s items or a chance at a new animated banner that you won’t find anywhere else.

In addition to the Devil’s chests, Mysterious Devil’s items will also drop as possible end-game rewards. Oh, and those of you looking for the Bloody Survivor Hunter skin might find one.

We’ll have additional details around our Halloween event in the coming weeks.

OCTOBER - Series 2 items

Also in October, we plan to roll out the Series 2 items that many of you have been clamoring for. While Series 1 items will still be available for purchase and can drop in-game (at a reduced rate), Series 2 chests offer new exotic skins, ability effects, and unique items.

One last thing: in addition to the Devil’s chests and Mysterious Devil’s items, Series 2 chests will also have a chance of dropping during the Halloween event.

ONGOING - League Rankings

If you haven’t seen the announcement, League Beta 1.3 is now available until September 28th from 9am - 8pm Pacific (find your time here). As long as you are level 10 or above, you can take part in the ranked ladder and compete for a chance at some in-game rewards.

During this run of Nosgoth Leagues, players are eligible to win between 1 and 3 Chest keys, based on which tier they finish the season in. Additionally, everyone that plays at least 5 ranked matches will receive the League Rankings player banner. If you’ve missed out on Leagues so far, now is your chance to pick up this event-exclusive banner.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/526/blog/alpha-league-banner-274x64.png

Also a reminder that we’ve updated our overall League schedule recently, so be sure to check it out to see what we have planned and when you can take part in the action (and a shot at some great rewards)!

ONGOING - Capture the Body update

In our ongoing efforts to bring balance to different game modes in Nosgoth, we will be prototyping some new changes for Capture the Body. In an upcoming release (to be determined), we’ll be allowing a maximum of two players per class. For example, if two Reavers are already spawned into the game, you won’t be able to launch until you pick another available class. However, any class that has zero remaining characters can still have their loadout edited so you can jump right in when one becomes available.

As we are testing this new strategy for Capture the Body, we rely on you, the community, to let us know what you think. Once we’ve added the new class limit and you’ve tried it out in-game, be sure to head to the forums to let us know your thoughts on it.

WINTER - New skins

As we continue to work on the new prestige skins, we wanted to share a bit of concept art for the final designs! Both the Vanguard and the Prophet will be getting some new duds later this year.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/618/blog/prestige-vanguard-social.jpg

TBD - More on the way

We hare a few more projects in the works but they are a bit too far out to talk about... yet! Oh, and in case you think we're only doing one event for the rest of the year... well, I guess you'll have to wait and see.

--
And that'll do it -- another instalment of the Nosgoth State of Play has come to an end. What did you think of this month's edition? Do you have specific questions about our schedule? Want to make additional suggestions? Then head on over to our official forums (right here, as a matter of fact) and let us know!

NeloAngelicus
26th Sep 2015, 00:24
Thanks, but I was expecting for pictures... the blog never load for me :s

I just read that maybe there are the design of the new prestige skins, really happy about that :D.

Psyonix_Ryan
26th Sep 2015, 01:32
Thanks, but I was expecting for pictures... the blog never load for me :s

I just read that maybe there are the design of the new prestige skins, really happy about that :D.
How does this one work for you?

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/618/blog/prestige-vanguard-social.jpg

Zarxiel93
26th Sep 2015, 02:52
OMG!!!! I LOVE THE NEW ELITE SKIN!!!! *____*
But now I have 2 questions:
1-You said the Bloody Survivor skin can be win in the Devil's event, this mean I have chance to win it after a game or in a chest? (if is in a chest will be in the store chest or in the chest I win ingame?)
2-In series 2 you said will be new skins... but in series 1 you never completed the human exalted skin... only Hunter, Alchimist and Scout have them, what about Prophet and Vanguard?

GenFeelGood
26th Sep 2015, 03:44
These skins look awesome. Question, are there plans for there to be a Prestige Shield to go along with that Prestige Vanguard skin?

NeloAngelicus
26th Sep 2015, 03:53
Yeah thanks, they look incredible! I can't wait to put my claws on these :worship:

Da_Wolv
26th Sep 2015, 07:49
Skins look good, but let me say this one thing and I'll be out of here:

THE IDEA OF 'UNLOCKING CHESTS' IS AN UNACCEPTABLE PRACTICE IN THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY!
It is a horrible system that is a basic form of gambling and is no good for consumers.

The problem is that it is working and people are actually buying keys, but seriously guys - just put out content we want to buy, and you will get your money - but without losing our respect.
Its bad enough that you cant buy the Exalted and Marked Skins directly, but have to waste Runestones to either get multiple duplicates (or Arcane Items you instantly reduce to minor crafting materials). And now you want to introduce 2 more chest types... with even more useless rewards. Just sell the skins for 2200RS and stop with this nonesense. That way people can buy what they actually want and be happy with their purchase, and not starting to resent you after they wasted 5kRS on garbage they never wanted or asked for.

Zarxiel93
26th Sep 2015, 10:00
These skins look awesome. Question, are there plans for there to be a Prestige Shield to go along with that Prestige Vanguard skin?

Well, if you see the concept art, look like the Vanguard will have a prestige shield, because that shield I think I never see

Skins look good, but let me say this one thing and I'll be out of here:

TTHE IDEA OF 'UNLOCKING CHESTS' IS AN UNACCEPTABLE PRACTICE IN THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY!
It is a horrible system that is a basic form of gambling and is no good for consumers.

The problem is that it is working and people are actually buying keys, but seriously guys - just put out content we want to buy, and you will get your money - but without losing our respect.
Its bad enough that you cant buy the Exalted and Marked Skins directly, but have to waste Runestones to either get multiple duplicates (or Arcane Items you instantly reduce to minor crafting materials). And now you want to introduce 2 more chest types... with even more useless rewards. Just sell the skins for 2200RS and stop with this nonesense. That way people can buy what they actually want and be happy with their purchase, and not starting to resent you after they wasted 5kRS on garbage they never wanted or asked for.

Totally agree with you, I found 2 Marked Dumahim, 2 Marked Turelim, 2 Molten Abyssal Bolt, 2 Molten Swiftbow and a lot of usless ability ecc... -.- the chest with the key I don't even take, because they don't give you skins :Sc

Zombiekatze
26th Sep 2015, 11:03
I was looking forward to the Halloween event - but the whole chest thing? Really?
Agreed with Wolv, they really are unacceptable..
#banchests

But I do really dig that Prophet. :thumb:

SirRudyMan
26th Sep 2015, 12:58
I like the new Vanguard prestige skin. I do however do not like the whole chest thing, I haven't received any good items from them yet. I did however spend a lot of Runestones on them. Waste of money. I don't like the whole gamble thing, just put all the items in the store, I don't care if they're pricy, just don't force me to gamble to get them :(

AntiqueGod
26th Sep 2015, 15:09
Yay more chest, i hope this time vampire skins are not going to be reskins...
Human chest will have prophet and vanguard skin probably? Or all of them? :DD

Vampmaster
26th Sep 2015, 15:34
Yay more chest, i hope this time vampire skins are not going to be reskins...
Human chest will have prophet and vanguard skin probably? Or all of them? :DD

The skins shown in the concept art are Prestige skins, which it the human counterpart to the Evolved ones, so I assume they are going to drop automatically at level 25 or be purchasable earlier for those who don't want to wait. I don't think any other skins were mentioned apart from the Bloody Survivor, of which the blog was a bit vague about in regards to whether it would drop or be in a chest. I think you might have been referring to the Exalted ones that are counterpart to the Marked skins. I expect those won't be too far away, but would like the devs to confirm. Same goes for the gold skins as well.

EDIT: I just double checked and saw the bit about the Series 2 chests. That could do with some clarification as well. Does that mean they replace the old chests or that there are completely new ones that only drop in league and have brand new skins? The way the blog described them made it sound like something that had already been explained, but it's the first I've heard about that.

Dron1508
26th Sep 2015, 16:07
Does that mean they replace the old chests or that there are completely new ones that only drop in league and have brand new skins?

Series 1 items will still be available for purchase and can drop in-game

Also, Prophet skin makes me sad. Too similar with default in general, like the Scout one. Plague doctor mask could save situation, but it never happened.

Psyonix_Ryan
26th Sep 2015, 17:24
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Chests and keys. We have passed on any previous feedback on the issue to the powers that be, so your concerns have been noted.

Also, Prophet skin makes me sad. Too similar with default in general, like the Scout one. Plague doctor mask could save situation, but it never happened.

Keep in mind, these are just the concept art. The final product may or may not change as they begin rendering it. We hope you'll like the final product :)

EDIT: I just double checked and saw the bit about the Series 2 chests. That could do with some clarification as well. Does that mean they replace the old chests or that there are completely new ones that only drop in league and have brand new skins? The way the blog described them made it sound like something that had already been explained, but it's the first I've heard about that.

Series 2 chests will be items that were not previously available to obtain in-game or via the store. Series 1 chests (ones that are currently available in-game and via the store) will remain in-game (at a reduced drop rate, as the new chests will be more desirable) and for direct purchase from the store. We will go into more details regarding Season 2 chests and associated items before they are added to the game.

Further, during the Halloween, there will be event-exclusive chests that will contain event-exclusive items. These will drop in addition to the Series 2 and Series 1 chests.

If you need further clarification, let us know!

CountEyokir
26th Sep 2015, 19:05
Rahabim soon? :o

Da_Wolv
26th Sep 2015, 20:07
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Chests and keys. We have passed on any previous feedback on the issue to the powers that be, so your concerns have been noted.

I know it won't change, but I appreciate the response.

Vampmaster
26th Sep 2015, 20:18

Keep in mind, these are just the concept art. The final product may or may not change as they begin rendering it. We hope you'll like the final product :)

Series 2 chests will be items that were not previously available to obtain in-game or via the store. Series 1 chests (ones that are currently available in-game and via the store) will remain in-game (at a reduced drop rate, as the new chests will be more desirable) and for direct purchase from the store. We will go into more details regarding Season 2 chests and associated items before they are added to the game.

Further, during the Halloween, there will be event-exclusive chests that will contain event-exclusive items. These will drop in addition to the Series 2 and Series 1 chests.

If you need further clarification, let us know!

From what you've said, I'm fairly sure it won't have any of these:
Shadowbane, Thorn of Eden, Cleansing Flame, Widow’s Kiss, Tidal Fury, Serpent's Strike, Thunderous Approach, Frozen Ascent, Cover of Darkness

I'm less sure whether you meant it wouldn't have any of these though. I'm hoping you meant it won't have any of the first three because they can already be forged or drop randomly, but the Mysterious Items might be ok as long as they only have brand new special effects.
Default items, Uncanny Items, Arcane Items, Mysterious Items that when levelled up have Fire, Ice, Lightning, Toxic, Dark or any existing element, Devil's Items, Winter Items, Occult Items, Molten Items.

Has anyone at Psyonix looked at my suggestion thread for the new effects?
http://t.co/VOBfzMtyr1

Rahabim soon? :o
@Ryan, surely there must be some news on this. Do you think we could at least see some acknowledgement that the design is being worked on and that implementation will start once Leagues is out of beta?

Psyonix_Ryan
26th Sep 2015, 22:02
From what you've said, I'm fairly sure it won't have any of these:
Shadowbane, Thorn of Eden, Cleansing Flame, Widow’s Kiss, Tidal Fury, Serpent's Strike, Thunderous Approach, Frozen Ascent, Cover of Darkness

I'm less sure whether you meant it wouldn't have any of these though. I'm hoping you meant it won't have any of the first three because they can already be forged or drop randomly, but the Mysterious Items might be ok as long as they only have brand new special effects.
Default items, Uncanny Items, Arcane Items, Mysterious Items that when levelled up have Fire, Ice, Lightning, Toxic, Dark or any existing element, Devil's Items, Winter Items, Occult Items, Molten Items.

Has anyone at Psyonix looked at my suggestion thread for the new effects?
http://t.co/VOBfzMtyr1

@Ryan, surely there must be some news on this. Do you think we could at least see some acknowledgement that the design is being worked on and that implementation will start once Leagues is out of beta?

Since we're still wrapping up the Season 2 items (effects, what will be in the chest, etc) we don't have a definitive list of what's in or what's out. We'll push for confirmation from the producers so we can get a better idea of what they are as soon as possible. Oh, and yes, we have looked at your thread :)

So, about the Rahabim **** unfortunately, nothing to announce on that front.

Gugulug5000
26th Sep 2015, 22:36

Well that's too bad. My excitement meter goes something like this: new classes > new maps > game modes > new abilities > random features (ie forge, leagues, achievements) > new skins > events > chests that cost far more than they're worth. I'm hoping we get the Rahabim before the end of the year...

That said, any news on some other things like human taunts or another developer stream? Or can you drop any hints at what the next human class is going to be? Or maybe do we have a time frame for when CtB and Flashpoint are going to leave beta? Are there any plans for exalted Vanguard and Prophet skins? Keep up the good work on the awesome game.

CountEyokir
26th Sep 2015, 22:37

This disappoints me. The Rahabim are my favourite clan.

Screwby-Dew
27th Sep 2015, 09:07
Since we're still wrapping up the Season 2 items (effects, what will be in the chest, etc) we don't have a definitive list of what's in or what's out.
It would be nice if you could complete chests series 1 before implementing the 2nd, we're still missing the Prophet and Vanguard Exalted skins. It would also be cool to implement the 2nd series of chest once it is complete with no missing skins for either vampires or humans.

Grisamentum
27th Sep 2015, 14:08
It would also be nice if you got rid of chests altogether & just sold the skins in the store.
:)

-Shiro-
27th Sep 2015, 21:28
It would also be nice if you got rid of chests altogether & just sold the skins in the store.
:)

This. People will buy them anyway, but at least, they'll not feel stupid for gambling their money and receiving crap. Gamble micro-transactions in games are a plague we must get rid of.

Psyonix_Ryan
28th Sep 2015, 00:02
This disappoints me. The Rahabim are my favourite clan.

Let's be clear; I'm not confirming or denying them. We have nothing to say about them at this time, which is as much as we've commented on them before.

This. People will buy them anyway, but at least, they'll not feel stupid for gambling their money and receiving crap. Gamble micro-transactions in games are a plague we must get rid of.

As was stated before, every and all sentiment surrounding the chests have been communicated to those in power.

GenFeelGood
28th Sep 2015, 01:06
Well, if you see the concept art, look like the Vanguard will have a prestige shield, because that shield I think I never see

Possibly, but that might just be something added for the skin concept and not an actual shield. When they showcased the Vanguard skins before release the shields were shown off to the side, as if they were a skin themselves.

Let's be clear; I'm not confirming or denying them. We have nothing to say about them at this time, which is as much as we've commented on them before.

No one doubts she is coming at some time, just looking for something to try and guage an eta or start speculating (like a silhouette or even the lore by itself); but we are good to wait until everything is ready.

It really is gonna be a big milestone for Nosgoth when she arrives, from this LoK fan's perspective anyway. The humans could have more factions; but this will be the final vampire clan, the whole empire will be in play. I have been looking forward to that day since I joined Nosgoth back in early Alpha.

Ygdrasel
28th Sep 2015, 07:08
These chests will require a key to unlock...

So the special holiday event is that we get to waste money gambling in the Nosgoth Casino?
Woo-hoo. :hmm: Dying respect is a fine Halloween treat.
(Yes, this discontent has been stated plenty already. But a little more couldn't hurt.)

At least the Prestige Vanguard looks great. Though the same blue outfitting for every human is both boring and aesthetically clashing in this case. I get the idea behind the choice of making all prestige skins kinda samey but...Eh. At least differ in the color schemes, I'd say. Love the helmet though.

lucinvampire
28th Sep 2015, 10:09

Love the new skins – they look freaking amazing, really can’t wait to see them in game!!!!! :D :D :D

…a Prophet without Backlers…and a mask with eyeholes :eek: :lol: whatever next? :p
…Nat very much approves of this Prophet skin! XD

ONGOING - Capture the Body update

Interesting…not sure if this will be a good thing or a bad thing…
*waits patiently for people moaning at others gameplay as they can’t play their best/preferred classes*

Vampmaster
28th Sep 2015, 10:51
Love the new skins – they look freaking amazing, really can’t wait to see them in game!!!!! :D :D :D

…a Prophet without Backlers…and a mask with eyeholes :eek: :lol: whatever next? :p
…Nat very much approves of this Prophet skin! XD

Interesting…not sure if this will be a good thing or a bad thing…
*waits patiently for people moaning at others gameplay as they can’t play their best/preferred classes*

Backlers should be interchangeable like the Vanguard's shields are if possible. Adding some to this skin would make it a bit more distinctive.

AntiqueGod
28th Sep 2015, 18:08
Btw you should change preview image of post blog... its not attractive

Ygdrasel
28th Sep 2015, 18:31
Backlers should be interchangeable like the Vanguard's shields are if possible. Adding some to this skin would make it a bit more distinctive.

The eyeholes and lack of backlers are a huge miss with this skin, I think. Swap the skull mask for a blindfold or something, maybe a Hylden-esque (though eyeless) mask given their origins in the Avernus cult.

GenFeelGood
28th Sep 2015, 23:32
Something about the Vanguard's helmet felt so familiar to me; and when I figured out what it reminded me of I developed such a big grin.

You tell me if you see the same similarity.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/d/d8/BO1-Wallpaper-Legion.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120313124839

Vampmaster
28th Sep 2015, 23:41
Something about the Vanguard's helmet felt so familiar to me; and when I figured out what it reminded me of I developed such a big grin.

You tell me if you see the same similarity.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/d/d8/BO1-Wallpaper-Legion.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120313124839

Remember that huge statue of the Nemesis holding the Soul Reaver outside his castle? It looks just like that. :D Not so much that the Vanguard would be mistaken gir him though. It's only a helmet, but it's a nice nod to BO1 if intentional.

Psyonix_Ryan
29th Sep 2015, 01:07
Btw you should change preview image of post blog... its not attractive

Do you mean the banner? Yeah, unfortunately I set it so there wasn't any image and it kept pulling that one instead. Spent a lot of time trying to fix it but our blog interface is very fussy.

TheDreamcrusher
29th Sep 2015, 04:47
Cool. Now people will think I bought my Devil's weapons/abilities with money rather than being able to show I was around when they cost gold in the store.

Sasha_Vykos
29th Sep 2015, 09:07
I'll share again my feedback about league:

now we will have this league in which you can win money, skins, keys (also if nobody really cares about keys). If you really want to compete in the league you have to play it every day and play it a lot (not considering the fact that skill basically doesn't count as much as grinding).. alone. Just this seems to be a strange decision, considering that the game is a team based game and you are forcing people to play alone.

Problem is that ESL should be the most competitive part of this game; here we have the opposite situation in which the league is becoming the competitive part of the game in which you can win money and prizes. So if you want to compete both in ESL and in the league and you can't play all day long, you really have to choose between leagues (playing that alone) OR play with teammates, train, try out new strategy and so on to cmpete in ESL.

Best thing imo would have been to put more money in ESL and distribute them better than now (maybe extend the money among more than top 3 as an incentive) and just leave exclusive skins or weapon for the league.

Doing this you will not achieve the goal that, always imo, you should try to reach: have a long term competitive game.

As a player with 1k+ hours in this game, im highly disappointed.

Da_Wolv
29th Sep 2015, 12:06
^What Sascha said.

Ygdrasel
29th Sep 2015, 20:05
Remember that huge statue of the Nemesis holding the Soul Reaver outside his castle? It looks just like that. :D Not so much that the Vanguard would be mistaken gir him though. It's only a helmet, but it's a nice nod to BO1 if intentional.

Nice catch. I'd like to see some kind of class or armor or skin or something calling back to the Nemesis warriors.
They were pretty unique.

GenFeelGood
30th Sep 2015, 01:37
Nice catch. I'd like to see some kind of class or armor or skin or something calling back to the Nemesis warriors.
They were pretty unique.

The Shield could bare the mark of the Nemesis from his war banner or the shield could be in the shape of the one used by the nemesis soldiers.

Ygdrasel
30th Sep 2015, 08:51
The Shield could bare the mark of the Nemesis from his war banner or the shield could be in the shape of the one used by the nemesis soldiers.

Well, I meant more in the look or color of their worn armor, all spikes and red tinge (well, it was full-on red, but here just a tinge would be nice). I don't actually remember what his mark looked like. Doesn't seem to show in the cutscene where his army advances.

Vampmaster
30th Sep 2015, 13:47
Well, I meant more in the look or color of their worn armor, all spikes and red tinge (well, it was full-on red, but here just a tinge would be nice). I don't actually remember what his mark looked like. Doesn't seem to show in the cutscene where his army advances.

The only known reference the the humans might have to base such Nemesis armor on would be Moebius Museum, since the timeline where he existed (in scary dictator form) was overwritten. That explanation should be used sparingly in incorporated into new lore, since it's not likely many people would have got to visit it. I suppose there could have been more toned down versions of it lying around somewhere from when he was simply known as William the Just.

Costumes and armor from the centuries prior to the current war could look very gimmicky if done incorrectly. An idea I've suggested on a few occasions is "Antique Skins". Armor passed down as an heirloom of salvaged from old crypt due to the desperate need of resources. So a human might for example acquire some old and rusty Sarafan armor without it it seeming overly out of place.

AntiqueGod
30th Sep 2015, 14:07
Do you mean the banner? Yeah, unfortunately I set it so there wasn't any image and it kept pulling that one instead. Spent a lot of time trying to fix it but our blog interface is very fussy.
Yeah, would be better if you pickup new elits skins in preview image...

Btw next leagues are coming soon, so i wanted to tell my opinion.
I think solo ranking is OKAY, but you need to derank if you lose games.
Because now if you want to get to eternal you need 3 things.
First is a decent skill, you dont need to be ESL player or anything. Just decent player, with decent skill and knowledge about game.
Second thing is team, its all about your teammates. If you get noobs, you lose. If you get leaver you lose.
Last thing is luck, how good teams are going to be, how bad opponent team is going to be.
So i think we just need some something like working matchamaking with leagues, not normal MMR.
If you are gold, you will play with gold players. I was bronze and was playing again Eternal... seems legit?

P.S will leagues be open 24/7?

ProDoctoR1987
30th Sep 2015, 16:55
And timing ????

24/7 or not ???

That is the best option I think, ranked matches wich people only can play for like 2 hours or so because of the limited time to play is rediculous (in EU). It makes no sense to even start. Who is going to play in the middle of the night anyway !

GenFeelGood
30th Sep 2015, 16:55
Perhaps the shield could simply be in a shape that is reminiscent of the shields carried by the soldiers of the Nemesis army. Given that most prestige skins are notably marked with the symbol of the class' faction, perhaps the symbol of the Drowning Men should be on the shield.

SirRudyMan
1st Oct 2015, 11:19
And timing ????

24/7 or not ???

That is the best option I think, ranked matches wich people only can play for like 2 hours or so because of the limited time to play is rediculous (in EU). It makes no sense to even start. Who is going to play in the middle of the night anyway !

I'm also from the EU and I hope League Season Beta 2.0 will be 24/7 cause I like to play it during the day and not only at night :(

AntiqueGod
1st Oct 2015, 13:18
It should be 24/7, otherwise its not fair.

Vampmaster
15th Oct 2015, 12:38
Regarding future prophet designs, has anyone heard of the Santa Muerte cult or the Catholic cult of death?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Muerte

Some of the depictions of the Saint Death would look great for Prophet designs! They're based on the grim reaper, but as an ornately dressed female that would be highly suited towards the high priestess idea we were discussing. There are a ton on interesting portrayals if you look it it on google.