PDA

View Full Version : PROPHET [Hex Shot] not disabling Sentinel's [Abduct]

-Konf-
27th Sep 2014, 10:31
----- UPDATE -----
I've made this post long ago to raise a problem with Hex Shot not cancelling Vampire abilities properly, Sentinels grabs in particular. I have now managed to make a video recording of the bug instance, so thought to resurrect the old thread. Apologies for the low video quality, I'm playing on a laptop and using Fraps kills my already moderate frame rate. Here's the footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg6klx-NUAw
----- UPDATE -----

Hi guys,

First of all, apologies if similar topic already exists.

The issue that I'm trying to report might actually be not a bug, but my lack of understanding of game mechanics, in which case I'd like to get some clarification.

Basically, yesterday while I was playing Prophet I fired off a [Hex Shot] onto a Sentinel that was coming right at me for a grab. However, the shot was fired at the last possible fraction of a moment and in the end what appeared on my screen was me being carried away by a green Sentinel (indicating that my shot did land). That one I kind of let go of, given how clutch it was, and also taking into a consideration that Sentinel had higher latency (I'm playing with 24 ms).

But today the same thing happened in a much clearer set of circumstances. I fired off a [Hex Shot] onto a Sentinel that was coming right at me, the shot landed and I could clearly see the Sentinel being under the effect of the spell while there was still some decent distance between us both. I ended up being picked up, and even the Sentinel player was surprised it worked out for him (the Sentinel was still under the effect of the spell while carrying me away, so it's not like it has expired or anything).

In my experience so far, landing [Hex Shot] onto Sentinels after they activated [Abduct] disabled them from picking up my teammates or myself. Therefore:

1) I'm wondering whether there is an inconsistency with [Hex Shot]?
2) Or if it is not meant to stop the [Abduct] in the scenario where the shot has landed during the second portion of [Abduct] (the one after the wind-up timer, during which Sentinel can essentially pick up a target)?

Some clarification and similar experiences would be appreciated.

Ysanoire
27th Sep 2014, 10:52
I have been thrown by green Tyrants and I've seen green Reavers still kicking (can't remember an instance where I've actually been hit with the latter) which makes me think Hex just doesn't interrupt abilities once they have been activated. No idea if this is intended or not.

-Konf-
27th Sep 2014, 11:05
Hi Ysanoire,

I've seen some instances where people complained about Tyrants or Reavers still getting their skills off with some clutch [Hex Shots], but in my experience [Hex Shot] does interrupt the abilities once they have been activated.

In my experience:

I have dropped a Human target out of my own [Abduct] when an enemy Prophet has landed a [Hex Shot] on me while I was carrying a target away.
I have seen Sentinels not being able to pick up my teammates when I landed [Hex Shot] on them.
To respond specifically to your experience with the [Sweeping Kick] - I was able to disable a Reaver during his skill animation (when his leg was about to land on my face) and on numerous occasions, and similarly to you I took no damage or stagger. Both me and the Reaver in that particular scenario were playing with 20-30 latency.

Hence why I'm a little confused whether there's something we don't understand about the skill interaction. But with the evidence stated above I'm inclined to believe there's a bug hiding somewhere.

Ysanoire
27th Sep 2014, 11:35
Well then, yeah, that sounds quite inconsistent. You may be right about it being buggy or it might be something was changed at some point (my memories of these events are quite recent).

and similarly to you I took no damage or stagger.

In my case, the Reaver in question missed, but the animation played out as normal, I would assume I'd have taken damage if it connected.

-Konf-
27th Sep 2014, 16:49
Ok, I'm back with more evidence, and this time tangible.

Was doing another Prophet run tonight and at one point my teammate got grabbed by a Sentinel and I landed a [Hex Shot] on him. As a result my teammate was released.

During the very same match I fired off a [Hex Shot] onto a Sentinel that was coming right at me, landed it, but still got picked up. This time I was ready to capture it:
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25091655379934357/924BD44730F41B96AF20EDD261CBAE2110ADCA28/
Something is not right! Especially considering that [Hex Shot] does disable Reavers that are in the air mid-jump with their [Pounce].

P.S.: Got called a cheater for landing Hexes on Sentinels while trying to get the screenshots, because apparently that's hacking... *facepalm*

GonarTrvig
27th Sep 2014, 20:12
That's really odd indeed.

I dunno if it's something recent, because I didn't play with Prophet for a while, but as a Sentinel my skills would indeed be cancelled by a Hex Shot, just I'd be able to keep flying (since flying itself is not a skill, that's normal). But is true that some times for the last weeks I saw Tyrants being able to grab even being totally green because of a well-landed Hex Shot, same with the Reavers. And now, the evidences right here with the Sentinel...

I wonder if is either a bug, or a lag issue, like the one that make some people like me missing easy Kidnaps/Abducts when the game is slow to us... Perhaps even a mixture of both options?

Nemesis777
27th Sep 2014, 21:11
All Vampires can dodge "Hex Shot" effect if they'll jump before it hits them.

-Konf-
27th Sep 2014, 23:29
I wonder if is either a bug, or a lag issue
I never paid attention to this because I used to play with a constant latency of 200 ms. Now with Australian servers up I'm playing with 24 ms. I did close my eyes the first time this happened to me, because as I described the shot was very clutch and the Sentinel was playing with 200 ping. However all the consecutive occurrences of the issue (including the one with the screenshot attached) happened with both me and the Sentinel playing with 20-30 ms latency. Therefore lag is certainly out of the question.

All Vampires can dodge "Hex Shot" effect if they'll jump before it hits them.
Very true, but here we're talking about a situation where [Hex Shot] clearly landed, but didn't disable a Vampire the way it should have.

Nemesis777
28th Sep 2014, 00:22
Very true, but here we're talking about a situation where [Hex Shot] clearly landed, but didn't disable a Vampire the way it should have.
I mean you can dodge it's effects when you press jump right before hex shot lands on you - it will still hit you, but you would be affected only by visual effect (it wouldn't slow your character down, so you can escape with low health, and hide on building to regenerate). I'm not sure if this ability works as intended on Sentinel with active abduct, because other vampires also can break that effect without using any of their abilities. I don't think it's a lag issue, visual effect wouldn't work if it was, and I'm not sure if this was fixed by one of two latest patches (not playing Nosgoth, and patch notes doesn't say anything about that).

-Konf-
29th Sep 2014, 07:19
Hey Nemesis777,

Thanks for your input. To be honest I've never noticed people cancelling the effect of [Hex Shot] that way and never had it accidentally happen to me either. But if that bug you described exists then [Hex Shot] needs even more fixing than I though :/

Nemesis777
29th Sep 2014, 19:43
Hey Nemesis777,

Thanks for your input. To be honest I've never noticed people cancelling the effect of [Hex Shot] that way and never had it accidentally happen to me either. But if that bug you described exists then [Hex Shot] needs even more fixing than I though :/
So if you want to check how exactly dodge animation canceled that effect, and doesn't slowed down a vampire... When you will be playing as a vampire, chose any of the classes except Tyrant (he is very slow even without any cc effect), and keep jumping after the Prophet player sees you. Maybe only that visual effect has aoe, so green aura is applied when hex shot lands close to the character, and disabling effect is activated on hit?

Edit: Now I'm almost sure that hit detection is still broken, and this is causing these issues, it isn't just class or ability bugs. I writed about the Hunter vs. Reaver issues here. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=16793)

Did you played on EU servers? I think that random freezing/ game "lag" (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12617 , http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=13487) was fixed.

-Konf-
1st Oct 2014, 14:05
Hi Nemesis777,

I've been hit many times by [Hex Shot] while dodging as a Vampire, and have landed the ability on Vampires in similar scenarios, but never had the slow effect denied. Enemy targets (or myself when playing as Vampire) just stood up after the roll and still experienced the slow effect. Don't get me wrong, not denying what you have said, just sharing my experience. Definitely will keep my eyes open to see if it happens.

As per your experiences with Reaver's issues - going to post a reply in the mentioned thread.

Also, I played on Australian servers and haven't experienced freezes or lags that you referenced in other threads, so they couldn't have been the cause of the bug occurring.

--Ram--
1st Oct 2014, 14:20
I too have had many experiences where i have landed a hex shot on a swooping sent and sent him packing empty handed (or brutally murdered) as expected.

Also i have experienced the situation albeit only once, where i land the hex shot on the swooping sent and feel pleased with myself as he turns green, only to be carried off soon after.

As stated by Konf it would seem inconsistent if in fact once in the "able to pick up stage' of abduct the ability cannot be shutdown, since reavers hit mid pounce have the ability cancelled.

After my own experiences and what i have read here I am inclined to believe there is a bug with hex shot that needs addressing, but having only experienced it once myself can't really be sure it wasn't latency related or some other issue.

-Konf-
1st Oct 2014, 14:28
Seems like a bug that needs addressing, but having only experienced it once myself can't really be sure it wasn't latency related or some other issue rather than a problem with hex shot itself.
Since the time of reporting the bug, it has happened to me 4 times, all of which were on Australian servers with both myself and the Sentinel playing with 20-30 latency. The post where I have attached a screenshot (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=17192&p=122330#post122330) is one of those cases.

I strongly believe the issue is related directly to the ability.

--Ram--
19th Oct 2014, 04:34
Since this was posted I've had many extremely frustrating games where a good portion of my landed hex shots have not disabled my opponent. I'm tired of dying to bright green sentinels who should have met a miserable death.

In a particularly annoying round I counted 5 out of 6 landed hex shots where i was still carried away by a sent, or ground slammed and punched by a tyrant. I've noticed these two guys seem to be the main perpetrators. Not sure if this is because they are the targets I tend to aim for, or because a bug relates to their abilities specifically. I don't believe I was lagging in this game.

I sometimes get the impression that this occurs when I only just manage to hit the hex shot before the vamp uses their ability. But the guy still turns green so I expect it to work. I have asked team members if the guy is green one their screen as well as mine and had it confirmed that they are.

Hoping that this is being looked into.

Cristari
19th Oct 2014, 11:16
I have also witnessed this is it because of the now ability to use Alternate Executions? This is the only link I can think of that may be causing it.

-Konf-
29th Jan 2015, 14:14
Resurrecting old thread as I have now added video footage for the bug.

mauvo58
29th Jan 2015, 14:37
Yes! I've been meaning to post about this for a while.

I'm not sure what the intended behaviour is. I'm fine with Hexshot not cancelling Sentinel flight, but it should end Abduct, Kidnap and Airstike. For me this is a big reason to play Hunter over Prophet when facing Sentinels.

--Ram--
2nd Feb 2015, 15:03
Would be pretty great if we could get some kind of response on this one. I assume devs are aware and it is probably on some long to do list, but some sort of confirmation would be nice. Those green sent pickups spoiled some of my fun today.