PDA

View Full Version : Prophet Elite skin

-Shiro-
22nd Sep 2015, 13:55
Hello,

I'm waiting for this skin for months now, will we get a preview soon ?

Saikocat
22nd Sep 2015, 14:33
Yes! :)

Vampmaster
22nd Sep 2015, 14:41
Yes! :)

Soon is a matter of perspective. Days, weeks or months would be better.

Guardian1uk
24th Sep 2015, 13:57
CCP games still hold the copyright to "soon" lol anyone who's played eve online can tell you how long that usually is :P

-Shiro-
24th Sep 2015, 21:51
Soon is a matter of perspective. Days, weeks or months would be better.

Will we get a preview this month or in two weeks, one day, eight hours, thirty-four minutes and fourty-seven seconds at max ?

DonCardenio
26th Sep 2015, 01:09
I'm just going to go ahead and make the observation that the elite prophet skins looks like the elite scout just got older, and couldn't use a bow anymore, switching to guns. I think you really need to redo the prophet skin if it's remotely similar to the concept art. It's too close to the scout imo.

-Shiro-
26th Sep 2015, 13:32
I agree with you Don, I'm disappointed by the concept. Too similar to the scout/alche, I was expecting something unique and more 'witchy'.

AntiqueGod
26th Sep 2015, 15:10
Yeah i am disappointed somehow to, atleast head needs rework in my opinion.
But it may look better ingame...

-Shiro-
27th Sep 2015, 11:33
They could do something awesome with her mask (instead of trying to be congruent with the other 'skull' masks), like a gold 'prestige' one with lot of details, and more volume (cf. the basic skin). And where are her 'wings'/backpack ? The art team did awesome things with the available skins, so I was wondering something unique with that part too.

Discreet gold touches like on the cenobite's hood skin would be perfect, not especially the alchemist elite skin patterns (same for the blue color). Overall, something more mystical/'witchy' with runes and touches of blood.

Evolved vampire skins are pretty different from each other, and so are the colors, so why not for the prestige ones ?

ParadoxicalOmen
27th Sep 2015, 15:14
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/618/blog_large/prestige-vanguard-social.jpg?1443223481

Obisher
27th Sep 2015, 18:02
Evolved vampire skins are pretty different from each other, and so are the colors, so why not for the prestige ones ?

If I remember correctly, the devs said the idea behind prestige skins was that humans became more organised during the war and their higher-ranking soldiers started having similar-styled armor. Like officer uniforms or something.

CardinalSmoke
27th Sep 2015, 18:45
looks like the elite scout just got older, and couldn't use a bow anymore, switching to guns

Hilarious! This explains perfectly why I wasn't impressed. The design is all right out of context, but when viewed next to existing skins it's out of place for prophet, while matching scout/hunter too closely. The styling of the armor is just too imperial; it has lost every hint of savagery that made her charming in that nasty witch sort of way. I love her existing skins for that very reason, and so I can't love this new concept. I appreciate the artist's talent, but strongly wish for a different direction. Please give it another go, this time emphasizing her dark arts!

As a side note on the vanguard, I like it. I realize that a similar change is at hand though; his existing skins are ragged and uncivilized, while the prestige concept is like a distinguished military officer. However, it doesn't bother me because it seems to suit the lore just fine. The prisoners called back to the front are buying their freedom through service. It makes sense that the best warriors would be given a dignified image, as they are no longer outlaws. In contrast, the prophets are not integrating with society. They need not armor nor status; only tools for their rituals.

Quick note: Does this thread belong in feedback instead of general discussion?

-Shiro-
27th Sep 2015, 19:52
Hilarious! This explains perfectly why I wasn't impressed. The design is all right out of context, but when viewed next to existing skins it's out of place for prophet, while matching scout/hunter too closely. The styling of the armor is just too imperial; it has lost every hint of savagery that made her charming in that nasty witch sort of way. I love her existing skins for that very reason, and so I can't love this new concept. I appreciate the artist's talent, but strongly wish for a different direction. Please give it another go, this time emphasizing her dark arts!

As a side note on the vanguard, I like it. I realize that a similar change is at hand though; his existing skins are ragged and uncivilized, while the prestige concept is like a distinguished military officer. However, it doesn't bother me because it seems to suit the lore just fine. The prisoners called back to the front are buying their freedom through service. It makes sense that the best warriors would be given a dignified image, as they are no longer outlaws. In contrast, the prophets are not integrating with society. They need not armor nor status; only tools for their rituals.

Quick note: Does this thread belong in feedback instead of general discussion?

Exactly, see the details I added above. I just forgot to talk about her 'blindness', as most of the skins doesn't allow her to see properly. It's an amazing detail I wish they keep (plus the 'wings'/backpack, runes and blood). Of course, the art team did a nice job per se.

I quickly drew up a mix between the Bloody Rainment skin and the Angel of Death from Hellboy II, with Azimuth's Eye (? - the prophet class symbol) on the forehead. It's this kind of dark, shamanic witch version I'd like to see.

Thanks Obisher, I missed the part of the humans union, but noticed that elite skins have a lot in common. As I see it, and it's not opposed to that unity, an elite prophet is also THE prophet among the prophets.

When I begun this post, I simply asked a question, which is why I posted in general discussion. It's maybe better to move it to feedbacks and suggestions now :)

Ygdrasel
28th Sep 2015, 06:56
The styling of the armor is just too imperial; it has lost every hint of savagery that made her charming in that nasty witch sort of way.

One would imagine that an increasingly organized rebellion war would result in an ironing out of savagery. That said, while I can understand the idea the art design is going for, it could seriously be more varied...The skull mask has been done and blue doesn't suit the Prophet.

(On a pretty unrelated note, why are there no images of the Evolved Summoner in this pose (https://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/381/blog/summoner-skins.png)? I can't find a decent full image of that skin anywhere short of the original drawing.)

Grisamentum
28th Sep 2015, 06:58
The styling of the armor is just too imperial; it has lost every hint of savagery that made her charming in that nasty witch sort of way

That's exactly what I was thinking. Skins like Woods Witch & Cenobite's Hood have this crazy, feral, wild look to them. The exalted skin is cool but it's like she's been tamed. Also the headdress looks like a beehive hairdo.

Ygdrasel
28th Sep 2015, 07:23
That's exactly what I was thinking. Skins like Woods Witch & Cenobite's Hood have this crazy, feral, wild look to them. The exalted skin is cool but it's like she's been tamed. Also the headdress looks like a beehive hairdo.

At the very least, the color scheme could be fixed. That blue does not suit the Prophet. A woody dark green or red, though. And the skull mask, while nice, has been done already with the Scout. Now, maybe if it were a more demonic skull...Or some wood-carved mask...

Vampmaster
28th Sep 2015, 07:56
At the very least, the color scheme could be fixed. That blue does not suit the Prophet. A woody dark green or red, though. And the skull mask, while nice, has been done already with the Scout. Now, maybe if it were a more demonic skull...Or some wood-carved mask...

I think the designers are trying to add a sense of solidarity to the high ranking humans via the colour schemes. The intention appears to be to get them to appear as a united force which would be a show of strength to thr vampires. I think that concept would be lost if they used a different colour scheme.

What I think they should be going for with the Prestige Prophet is something of a high priestess (different from the vampire one, more scary looking) as opposed to a hermit in the woods which is best left to the lower ranks.

Grisamentum
28th Sep 2015, 09:52
I agree, Vamp. She doesn't look 'high priestess' enough right now, though. They could capture her wildness & eccentricity while still conforming to the overall style of the other prestige skins.
She kind of looks like she should be in that ballroom scene in Labyrinth, imo.

Ygdrasel
28th Sep 2015, 18:22
I think the designers are trying to add a sense of solidarity to the high ranking humans via the colour schemes. The intention appears to be to get them to appear as a united force which would be a show of strength to thr vampires. I think that concept would be lost if they used a different colour scheme.

What I think they should be going for with the Prestige Prophet is something of a high priestess (different from the vampire one, more scary looking) as opposed to a hermit in the woods which is best left to the lower ranks.

Well, they could darken the blue or something. It just doesn't look quite right...Though it may look better if the overall image was more Prophety.

Something in a high priestess could look amazing.

bopchara
28th Sep 2015, 19:59
So i couldn't help myselft from doing this paintover since i've seen the concept for the first time. Sorry if that's not really appreciated =) I understand that the final product will look waaay better than the original concept (like with the other concepts and final models i've seen), it's just my interpretation of how i would do it.

The main thing that put me off was the mask. The skull is too basic and cartoony unfortunately. The current prophet designs are my favourite of all the other characters and their skins. They've raised a high bar of intricate and savage design. So i tried to retain the most of the concept and just focus on the things that i think might help to improve this, at least for me. Basically - a little more complex skull design with some tusks and a minor change in her coat - dark leather parts splitted in the bottom. Of course it's just a one way of doing it, the design of the helmet may be really different, but it in my view it needs some more "prophetness".

And again, i hope i'm not being intrusive here, just having fun and experimenting with the thing. :)

On the case of Vanguard, don't have much to say. I don't see anything off puting in his skin straight away, nothing that a good modeler can't improve at least.

http://i.imgur.com/G4HGMqJ.jpg

Ygdrasel
28th Sep 2015, 21:13
[ALL OF THE AWESOME]

Yes. Hey, Nosgoth art guys - This. All of this. Do this.

The frontal tusks seem a bit much...Shrink them a little, I'd say. The leather bits are a great touch, totally solves my issues with the not-very-Prophety abundance of blue.

Only immediate flaw with the Vanguard is that I don't see the big flowy lower jacket part being conducive to their more brutish chargey-bashy style. Doesn't look right for 'em, y'know?

enkaku-silence-
28th Sep 2015, 21:58

I like this very much. The problem with the original is, that the mask is not an improvement from the standard skin.
You know, scout moved from iron mask to iron skull mask.
Prophet moved from deer skull mask to... wood skull mask.
The Elite mask seems smaller, and not impressive enough.
It should move from deer skull to baby elephant skull indeed (or whatever it is).
What I like about the original are the golden rings in the mask, though. They should put those inside the tusks.

Ygdrasel
28th Sep 2015, 22:08
^Exactly. The Prestige mask is lesser than the default rather than greater.

I'd still rather a Hylden mask if nothing else. Scout's already got a skull and the Hylden were enemies of the vampires...And Prophets were originally cultists at Avernus. So if not that crazy awesome tusk monster above, I say go Hylden.

Vampmaster
28th Sep 2015, 22:48
I don't really agree about taking the designs for what is essentially the officer rank to a more outlandish look. The whole idea behind these Prestige skins is that the human factions are integrating into a single organised force. I'm not saying they should lose their individually, but the point of the Prestige skins is that these high ranked members have gained some nobility for themselves. I mean like they'd want to lionise themselves in tbe eyes of their peers. I think that's that the designers are going for with regards to the Prestige skins.

I think the Prophet should maybe go back to it's roots with the type of masks that the Hash'Ak'Gik worshippers wore, with some sort of mitre or nuns hat type thing. They'd be wanting something that inspired loyalty and respect ftom the other factions. Some sort of appreciation for the role they now play in this new human regime. The backlers should come back though, as something more majestic like the bones of wings painted gold and with fabric draped over them.

This is closer to what I meant with "high priestess", although there would have to be a mask and/or veil and the backlers.

Ygdrasel
28th Sep 2015, 23:08
I don't really agree about taking the designs for what is essentially the officer rank to a more outlandish look. The whole idea behind these Prestige skins is that the human factions are integrating into a single organised force. I'm not saying they should lose their individually, but the point of the Prestige skins is that these high ranked members have gained some nobility for themselves. I mean like they'd want to lionise themselves in tbe eyes of their peers. I think that's that the designers are going for with regards to the Prestige skins.

I think the Prophet should maybe go back to it's roots with the type of masks that the Hash'Ak'Gik worshippers wore, with some sort of mitre or nuns hat type thing. They'd be wanting something that inspired loyalty and respect ftom the other factions. Some sort of appreciation for the role they now play in this new human regime. The backlers should come back though, as something more majestic like the bones of wings painted gold and with fabric draped over them.

Mitres are pretty outlandish themselves especially for battle. I'd suggest something like what the Priestess (http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/c/c3/SR1-Character-Priestess.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20130113005008) has on her head but they already incorporated her into The Fane...Unless the Prophets raided that place and saw the statues, it'd be a bit odd...

Some manner of backler drapery would definitely improve it.

Vampmaster
28th Sep 2015, 23:32
Or something along the same lines as these. Perhaps one of the unused ones:

Sure, the mitres are unusual, but they more regal. They don't give off a crazy hermit living in the woods vibe, which is fine for the low ranks, but not an important member of society that the high ranking Prophet would be. I meant outlandish as in isolated from the rest of society.

-Shiro-
29th Sep 2015, 16:11
http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_414246P20150927165150.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=414246P20150927165150.jpg)

The quick drawing I did. A mix between the cenobite skin and the angel of death in Hellboy II. I tried to respect the high-priestess, witchy look and Elite gold touches in a dark, shamanic way.

Ygdrasel
29th Sep 2015, 19:42
Or something along the same lines as these. Perhaps one of the unused ones:

Ooh. I like that.

@Le_loup: Nicely done. Reminds me of the face of Dead Sun's Succubus character (http://cdn4.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Legacy-of-Kain-Dead-Sun-Succubus.jpg), actually, which fits nicely with those assets being assimilated into Nosgoth. I'd say scrap the wings in favor of some veil-y backlers and that's perfect. Here's hoping it hits the devs' radar. :P

Vampmaster
29th Sep 2015, 21:59
Ooh. I like that.

@Le_loup: Nicely done. Reminds me of the face of Dead Sun's Succubus character (http://cdn4.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Legacy-of-Kain-Dead-Sun-Succubus.jpg), actually, which fits nicely with those assets being assimilated into Nosgoth. I'd say scrap the wings in favor of some veil-y backlers and that's perfect. Here's hoping it hits the devs' radar. :P

I'd be very wary of using Dead Sun assets, since that hasn't proved too popular in the past (did someone say it looked to close to a hylden) and we don't really know how much of Climax's art assets Psyonix had access to. Also, the Sentinal's hammer head skin already has that sort of mask anyway.

@Le_Loup, I like the lower half on the mask and the drapy veil thing and how you incorporared the eye symbol, just not so sure about that head shape for the reasons I just gave Ygdrasel.

Using lifelike feathered wings is probably best avoided so as not to tread into Ancient Vampire territory. Better to stick with bones and antlers like you said. Bones of wings could look interesting though.

ParadoxicalOmen
29th Sep 2015, 22:10
http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_414246P20150927165150.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=414246P20150927165150.jpg)

The quick drawing I did. A mix between the cenobite skin and the angel of death in Hellboy II. I tried to respect the high-priestess, witchy look and Elite gold touches in a dark, shamanic way.

This is really nice...especially for me being a fan of Hellboy II's monster design...
Hope the devs take some inspiration from your concept

Ygdrasel
29th Sep 2015, 23:03
I'd be very wary of using Dead Sun assets, since that hasn't proved too popular in the past (did someone say it looked to close to a hylden) and we don't really know how much of Climax's art assets Psyonix had access to. Also, the Sentinal's hammer head skin already has that sort of mask anyway.

I wasn't suggesting using Dead Sun assets. I was saying that given they've already used many of them, the visual similarity of this to the Succubus makes a sort of visual design/thematic sense.

And seeing as The Prophets originated as a branch of the Hylden's cult, that similarity is appropriate. Though it admittedly doesn't make sense as they never saw the Hylden directly (but who knows what visions they gained from the blood fountains?).

They did see Turel whom served as the avatar for Hash'Ak'Gik. Perhaps they could get a mask reflecting the creature they believed they served. Alter the above mask into a shape something like Turel's ears, maybe. Extend Turel-ears out from the sides or something. If the mask sticking out like that wouldn't look well, could turn those pieces downward to sort of frame the part over the face.

PencileyePirate
30th Sep 2015, 20:07
The new prophet concept looks like a really bad rip-off of the elite Scout. :(

barthez36663
30th Sep 2015, 20:28
What about making his mask more creepy, the one that doctors used during the plague, something simmilar would be gret like this:
http://i.imgur.com/fHHPKGI.png

DonCardenio
1st Oct 2015, 00:03
If I were to make a suggestion, it would be the shoulders/head area needs fixing the most. The color scheme is fine, but I feel like this "elite priestess" needs more ornamental head gear. If we look at our own history, the more important you are, the more extravagant your headdress.

What are things that ward off vampires in LoK games? Glyph magic from Blood Omen 2 is one. Since these priestess' are relic hunters, that would be a cool thing to incorporate within the outfit, or skill later down the line. But it would be cool to see some classic Legacy of Kain designs tied into the prophet.

I was personally thinking more voodooish/high shaman look with feathers, or like an inscribed animal skull. While the keeping the elite theme is legit, I feel most of the community can agree that it needs that tribal savagery look as well.

CardinalSmoke
1st Oct 2015, 06:33
Okay, I can get on board with the idea of looking organized and united, thus needing similarities across all classes. She can lose the crazy hermit vibe, but she must retain her mysticism. That's the key here; she is a caster first and marksman second. After some thought, I'd say now that the most glaring issue with the concept is that it's about 95% gunslinger and 5% hexer. It's just so... tactical. I want ceremonial, ritualistic, spiritual. It's not that she is too civilized, but rather that she no longer seems attuned with magic.

I really like the comments here suggesting a "high priestess" look. Right now she's too much business, not enough art. She need not appear feral anymore, but let's keep her ornate. She needs an eccentric fashion sense. Leave the trenchcoats to the rest.

As others have said, the mask could use a drastic change. A humanoid skull is too plain, and an elongated such one is a bit goofy. Taking note of the plague doctor reference, maybe try avian anatomy? Not sure if any bird large enough exists in the lore, but a massive condor skull might work nicely. Carrion bird seems to fit her theme, yes?

barthez36663
1st Oct 2015, 17:18
Yes she should have high priestess look. And some kind of bird skull or mask simmilar to the plague will allow her to retain that mystical shamanistic vibe. "Elite high priestess whom only destiny is curing the world from plague of vampires". Dont know nothing about birds in the lore thou but i guess it would be normal that some big species existed in nosgoth lore since we have werewolfs, vamps and crazy monsters. Carrion bird one would be awesome. And gave her some kind of feathers, tattoos and earings to complete package.
If devs decide to go other way, it would be stil nice to have that kind of skin in the store thou.
Few pics of simmilar concepts that i found on google:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/02/97/22/0297227ed911b3939754495e64ca0f33.jpg

http://img05.deviantart.net/8cf8/i/2011/100/9/4/shaman_mask_by_sonadorexis-d3dofj4.jpg

https://anibundel.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/loganface1.jpg

-Shiro-
2nd Oct 2015, 09:54
Yes she should have high priestess look. And some kind of bird skull or mask simmilar to the plague will allow her to retain that mystical shamanistic vibe. "Elite high priestess whom only destiny is curing the world from plague of vampires". Dont know nothing about birds in the lore thou but i guess it would be normal that some big species existed in nosgoth lore since we have werewolfs, vamps and crazy monsters. Carrion bird one would be awesome. And gave her some kind of feathers, tattoos and earings to complete package.
If devs decide to go other way, it would be stil nice to have that kind of skin in the store thou.
Few pics of simmilar concepts that i found on google:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/02/97/22/0297227ed911b3939754495e64ca0f33.jpg

http://img05.deviantart.net/8cf8/i/2011/100/9/4/shaman_mask_by_sonadorexis-d3dofj4.jpg

https://anibundel.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/loganface1.jpg

I like the concepts, even if it's not really 'elite' but more 'recluse'. Also, her mask shouldn't have eyes holes, as her blindness is a defining feature, in my opinion.

Vampmaster
5th Oct 2015, 09:39
I like the concepts, even if it's not really 'elite' but more 'recluse'. Also, her mask shouldn't have eyes holes, as her blindness is a defining feature, in my opinion.

Those might be better off being saved for the Exaulted skin. The are even more crazy-hermit-like that the current ones, which as we've already been discussing it the opposite of what the Prestige skins are supposed to represent. The Prestige skins are supposed to be highly respected leaders of the new human society and therefore need to dress is a way that inspires unity with the other factions. I'm not saying she should look plain, but a bit more self righteous as that's the type of thing that inspires loyalty and trust from the troops. Also the last thing the vampires want is for the humans to form an organised nation.

GenocidePete
5th Oct 2015, 12:03
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/618/blog_large/prestige-vanguard-social.jpg?1443223481
Nothing about the head of the prophet looks appealing here, especially the shape of the skull. It almost looks as though her eyes are where her mouth should be.

iquaniqua
18th Oct 2015, 19:09
So i couldn't help myselft from doing this paintover since i've seen the concept for the first time. Sorry if that's not really appreciated =) I understand that the final product will look waaay better than the original concept (like with the other concepts and final models i've seen), it's just my interpretation of how i would do it.

The main thing that put me off was the mask. The skull is too basic and cartoony unfortunately. The current prophet designs are my favourite of all the other characters and their skins. They've raised a high bar of intricate and savage design. So i tried to retain the most of the concept and just focus on the things that i think might help to improve this, at least for me. Basically - a little more complex skull design with some tusks and a minor change in her coat - dark leather parts splitted in the bottom. Of course it's just a one way of doing it, the design of the helmet may be really different, but it in my view it needs some more "prophetness".

And again, i hope i'm not being intrusive here, just having fun and experimenting with the thing. :)

On the case of Vanguard, don't have much to say. I don't see anything off puting in his skin straight away, nothing that a good modeler can't improve at least.

this...i want this

despair0089
19th Oct 2015, 05:20
that helmet seems heavy

Vampmaster
19th Oct 2015, 10:18
that helmet seems heavy

Yep. She looks like she'd topple over and that version still goes against the sort of theme the devs are going for with the Prestige skins. You can't have an officer type rank looking like a crazy hermit.

Ygdrasel
20th Oct 2015, 20:12
Yep. She looks like she'd topple over and that version still goes against the sort of theme the devs are going for with the Prestige skins. You can't have an officer type rank looking like a crazy hermit.

You've got Mortanius, a guardian of an essential fundament of the very world itself looking like a skeletal horror half the time. I think they could cut the Prophets some slack over their hermit chic. :P

But yeah, the skull is entirely too large to be feasible. Thinking of something more 'priestess'-ish...Wonder if I could whip up a decent picture...

PencileyePirate
20th Oct 2015, 20:20
Anything but the goofy ring-adorned skull in that Psyonix concept. I'd even take the default skull over that.

I really like bopchara's concept paint-over but agree the frontal tusks are a bit too large.

Ygdrasel
20th Oct 2015, 21:32
Anything but the goofy ring-adorned skull in that Psyonix concept. I'd even take the default skull over that.

I really like bopchara's concept paint-over but agree the frontal tusks are a bit too large.

I'm kinda liking le_loup's take on the mask. Particularly Azimuth's eye. Wonder if bop could do a paint-over combining his version of the uniform with loup's mask. Or maybe a mask like this (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/5/55/BO2-Texture-HC-Mural-6.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/93?cb=20121111150113) with loup's Azimuth eye on either side.

Vampmaster
21st Oct 2015, 11:09
You've got Mortanius, a guardian of an essential fundament of the very world itself looking like a skeletal horror half the time. I think they could cut the Prophets some slack over their hermit chic. :P

But yeah, the skull is entirely too large to be feasible. Thinking of something more 'priestess'-ish...Wonder if I could whip up a decent picture...

Mortanius had a different agenda to the officer rank prophets. The cenobites at that time were a small secretive cult that didn't need to make a good impression on anyone. They weren't looking for respect, they were anonymity and fear. Secret societies (the type that go around in robes and masks) sometimes remain anonymous even amongst themselves so they're slightly afraid of each other and therefore less likely to betray the group. Also, Mortanius in BO1 wasn't showing his real appearance. The manual describes him as something resembling a dried up corpse.

The thing with these modern descendants of the cenobites is that they are out in the open as a part of the social/military structure and need to be seen as integrating into that as a reliable ally as opposed to a wildcard.

ZittoN_
31st Oct 2015, 11:45
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/654/blog/prestige-vanguard-communityfeedback.png

"Since the last State of Play, we received a lot of feedback on the Prophet prestige skins. We wanted to take your feedback and made some adjustments we think you’ll like"

I mean who and what and why suggest something like this? and how can someone even think it looks better then the original?

-Shiro-
31st Oct 2015, 12:24
You should read this : http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=171244

What we suggested and what they did with it may differ.

PencileyePirate
31st Oct 2015, 13:35
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/654/blog/prestige-vanguard-communityfeedback.png

"Since the last State of Play, we received a lot of feedback on the Prophet prestige skins. We wanted to take your feedback and made some adjustments we think you’ll like"

lol, what a joke. It's barely been changed at all. The badly proportioned skull and goofy gold rings are still there ... removing the eye sockets and splattering some blood across the skull does nothing to improve it.

Ysanoire
31st Oct 2015, 17:36
Yeah, I still don't like it. My problem is the weird horns and the weird skull (I mean, what is it, human, animal, what are these long teeth? is it a naked mole rat? :P )

I don't particularly like the baby elefant idea either tho. The bird masks would be nice I think, if that can be adapted somehow.

Vampmaster
31st Oct 2015, 19:31
Yeah, I still don't like it. My problem is the weird horns and the weird skull (I mean, what is it, human, animal, what are these long teeth? is it a naked mole rat? :P )

I don't particularly like the baby elefant idea either tho. The bird masks would be nice I think, if that can be adapted somehow.

I'm not sure it's an actual skull, just something they made themselves. I mean some of the prophets skins just have masks made out of wood. The horns look real, but they're just attatched to the head-dress. Yep, the baby elephant looks OTT and impractically heavy.

ParadoxicalOmen
31st Oct 2015, 20:42
Honestly the "after community feedback" skin didn't seem to change that much...and now wearing a skull with no eye-holes just seems stupid (makes no sense to me).

I feel it should be an animal skull. I particularly liked this suggestion (a bit too big though):

EDIT: I just thought, perhaps instead of an animal skull, a vampire skull? Dunno...

CardinalSmoke
31st Oct 2015, 21:49
Since the last State of Play, we received a lot of feedback on the Prophet prestige skins. We wanted to take your feedback and made some adjustments we think you’ll like

I hate to be negative nancy over here, but are you serious? The most prominent detail you gathered from feedback was to cover the eyes? Regarding the mask, I would have said that most of us just don't like the mask design at all. So many people suggested a different kind of mask entirely. Psyonix, I really respect your work and I love all the other art in the game. I just can't get over how bad this mask looks. Other players, can you confirm this? Does the majority dislike this mask?

As for the other changes shown in the "after community feedback" picture, they are fine I suppose, but totally irrelevant to the feedback. Let's see what changed: 1) shoulder protection is now metal instead of leather 2) belt/sash no longer a plain cloth wrap; now has patterns and trim 3) gem-like thing on top of head replaced with some leather and bone. Well I'm not unhappy with those changes, but I didn't notice any complaints about those specific details. So that means the only piece of actual feedback taken was the eyeholes / blindness thing.

Fellows, I'll reiterate my personal input (besides the mask) and ask for your comment: I want a different style to her clothing. Think high priestess instead of gunslinger. You get what I mean? More caster, less marksman. Mystical is the vibe I'm asking for. Currently, her headgear is the only piece getting it right, because it has an odd shape and is adorned with horns and jewelry. Everything else looks like attire that any other class (except Vanguard) would wear, rather than something unique to a Prophet. I saw a lot of us asking for a more magical look overall, although it's hard to explain how that can be achieved. Here is my attempt to name specific elements to incorporate, because just saying "more magical" does not help that much...

1) Jewelry - Kind of needs no explanation. No one but a Prophet would wear jewelry into battle. One can only assume that it is made from special materials, or imbued with certain essences, in order to enhance her magicks.

2) Geometric patterns - Familiar with the idea of 'sacred geometry'? In human history, religious and spiritual practices have made heavy use of patterns and symbols. It is often done simply for the sake of art too, but anyway in this context, the point is that the other classes go no further than some filigreed gold trim to embellish their attire. The Prophet would be the one, if any, to make heavy use of repeating patterns as part of her ritual practice.

3) Grandiose headdress - No need to suggest it because she already has it. Just including it as a key factor that she cannot stand to lose, or fall short on.

4) Any Other Ornament That Seems To Exist Solely For Ornamentation - Like the 'backlers' of which we are already so fond.

I hope we aren't asking for too much. In the beginning my opinion was that she should look more savage, but I've since rescinded. I accept the need for elite gear to look civilized and to share a consistent color scheme. My hope is that this can be accomplished while still adding mystical touches that set her apart from the rest.

Lastly, I'll just point to this picture (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/57/cd/5d/57cd5d6121b5d363a17931ba6476b308.jpg) linked by Vampmaster that I liked a lot. Really conveys the patterns and jewelry part of my message. Ceremonial. Spiritual. Let's not copy it, but please take inspiration from stuff like this!

Kootkha
1st Nov 2015, 04:04
It would be nice if elite prophet will wear Hash'ak'gik mask. Yeah, they didn't see it's Turel, but prophets doesn't see through their eyes anymore, right? )

ButtCrusher
1st Nov 2015, 05:30
Very interesting mask improvements. My addition is make it lighter, maybe thin, blade or nail looking bones.
Skull without eyes is nice idea but is it possible in nature? What if add rubys to eyeholes?

Vampmaster
1st Nov 2015, 11:15
The massive animal/demon skull, apart from being ridiculously heavy looking is drastically inconsistent with the intended theme of the Prestige skins. I know most of the Prophets are hermits who collected their outfits from sticks in the woods or some animsl graveyard or something, but these are leaders who have intentionality integrated into society and should be trying to inspire loyalty and respect from the other human factions, not scare them away.

I was going point out that lore from other mythologies regarding blind prophets does not automatically apply to to Nosgoth unless the writer says so. However on this occasion, it does hapoen to be mentioned in the blog that drinking the black blood does cause blindness, but that's the only thing that makes it into a rule that would effect the design. Of course, they can colour the eye sockets however they want and it won't make them see any better or worse and the look of the mask only really makes a difference to the person looking at it rather than the Prophet herself.

-Shiro-
1st Nov 2015, 14:58
So, here are some ideas I quickly drew during past weeks and others more recently (cf. the Ygdrasel's suggestion) :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_283364P20151101152405.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=283364P20151101152405.jpg)

And the sketch I just did :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_822651P20151101150820.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=822651P20151101150820.jpg)

Very little work here, I'd like to know what you think about it first.
I tried, again, to respect the "Elite" patterns created by the art team, but with more "witchy" and "high-priestess" touches. Let me know if I forgot something ;)

enkaku-silence-
1st Nov 2015, 19:10
I even prefer the old design to that new one (speaking only of the mask). Would be cooler if it had holes for her eyes, but her eyes have white pupils or if she wore a blindfold underneath.
Though I am still not fond of the masks design in general.

Vampmaster
1st Nov 2015, 20:33
So, here are some ideas I quickly drew during past weeks and others more recently (cf. the Ygdrasel's suggestion) :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_283364P20151101152405.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=283364P20151101152405.jpg)

http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_822651P20151101150820.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=822651P20151101150820.jpg)

I tried, again, to respect the "Elite" patterns created by the art team, but with more "witchy" and "high-priestess" touches. Let me know if I forgot something ;)

I like the top left three in the first image and the one on the right in the second image. The top middle head the first image is a good design, but a little bit too big. Some of the others are a too big as well and I don't think the more monsterous ones are suitable for the theme of the Prestige skins. It looks like you might have tried to include some hylden based designs and some from Dead Sun in there as well. Dead Sun got a lot of backlash from the fans, so I think that should be avoided and the hylden aren't supposed to be known about at all in this era, so I'd steer clear of those as well. I don't say that about the one on the right of the second image, because it looks more like a flame design in that one rather than a hylden head crest.

-Shiro-
1st Nov 2015, 22:18
I like the top left three in the first image and the one on the right in the second image. The top middle head the first image is a good design, but a little bit too big. Some of the others are a too big as well and I don't think the more monsterous ones are suitable for the theme of the Prestige skins. It looks like you might have tried to include some hylden based designs and some from Dead Sun in there as well. Dead Sun got a lot of backlash from the fans, so I think that should be avoided and the hylden aren't supposed to be known about at all in this era, so I'd steer clear of those as well. I don't say that about the one on the right of the second image, because it looks more like a flame design in that one rather than a hylden head crest.

Not at all :) The only ones I had a model for are the Ygdrasel suggestion (right one, first picture) and the vampire skull (as I checked the Hash'ak'gik cult, suggested by Koothka). I don't know the Hylden and Dead Sun artworks, but it's interesting.

When you say it's too big, do you think the mask from the main prophet skin is ?
So, you prefer the right one on the second picture, even the head ? What would you change or add ?

Ygdrasel
2nd Nov 2015, 02:54
I don't know the Hylden and Dead Sun artworks, but it's interesting.

The image I posted with my suggestion is a mural from Blood Omen 2, presumed to depict the Hylden prior to their being deformed by the demon realm.

the hylden aren't supposed to be known about at all in this era

The Prophets were in a cult centered around them and receive visions from blood fountains adorned with what are plainly demon skulls. It'd be a small miracle for them not to know something, wouldn't it?

Though when I suggested the design, my idea wasn't really that they'd know about the Hylden, just have this vague inkling of a concept of them. Like the various blood visions would include momentary flashes of pre-Banishment Hylden (either in person or in mural) and having been part of the old cult, they'd just sort of instinctively imitate the image despite not really understanding what it was they'd seen. More of a subconscious thing, not any real knowledge of what it was or meant.

I kinda like that one with the bandages. Though I'm really partial to the inclusion of the Eye. It just looks too good not to use somehow.

Kootkha
2nd Nov 2015, 03:06

Those with bandages looks more fully designed. But still prefer Hash'ak'gik concept. =)

Ygdrasel
2nd Nov 2015, 04:24
Which of those is Hash?

Kootkha
2nd Nov 2015, 04:49
On the first picture, from below, that one with big ears. Smth in common with http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/c/cc/Defiance-Turel-Concept-Head.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110416170959 .

Hellboy_007
2nd Nov 2015, 09:54

The original is much better.
The new option causes disgust.

ParadoxicalOmen
2nd Nov 2015, 14:07
The original is much better.
The new option causes disgust.

Between new and old one, i also prefer old...but because new one with no eye-holes seems dumb. I know prophets are blind, but there aren't any skull's without eye-holes (are there?)

I get the feeling they already started modeling the skin and don't want to have to re-do the work...that's why they changed so little from the original.

My fav's mask/skulls so far are @bopchara elephant skullmask, and @-shiro- Turel-ish skull mask.

Zarxiel93
2nd Nov 2015, 14:13
I think the Elite skin's mask is not a true skull, but only a mask.

ParadoxicalOmen
2nd Nov 2015, 14:57
I think the Elite skin's mask is not a true skull, but only a mask.

But it's mimicking a skull, so i think my point still stands.

Vampmaster
2nd Nov 2015, 15:00
Well, just have a blindfold or bandages underneath or have whited out eyes like Moebius does or something.

Ygdrasel
2nd Nov 2015, 23:22
On the first picture, from below, that one with big ears. Smth in common with http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/c/cc/Defiance-Turel-Concept-Head.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110416170959 .

Oh, right, Turel is "Hash"...My bad. XD

-Shiro-
3rd Nov 2015, 12:45
I hope it's not too late to regroup and add some suggestions, as Cardinal did. So, what we said from the beginning :

- Another mask. Horns and the shape of the head are also especially disliked. A lot suggested an animal or vampire skull, but possibilities are infinite.
- More "witch", "high-priestess", "shaman" elements, but congruent with the Elite patterns. Makes her unique anyway, even among the Elite humans.
- Esoteric iconography : runes, glyphs, symbols...
- The Azimuth's eye symbol.
- Backlers, "wings", something...
- Another uniform : less "gunslinger", more witch. Darker colors (deep dark blue, dark red and gold).
- Jewellery, some "treasure hunter" objects.
- Blindness elements, not especially covering the eye holes.

I add what I did yesterday. Again, quick sketches...

http://img11.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_350211P20151103103835.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=350211P20151103103835.jpg)

Some backlers examples : birds or bat wings bones. Makes them golden, add some jewellery around them, and it could be awesome (my opinion, though).

Turel skull and others vampires ones. The right one is directly inspired from Kain. I. and II. are based on different versions.

http://img11.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_628074P20151103103851.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=628074P20151103103851.jpg)

What I did here : higher collar (cf. Azimuth), Azimuth's eye on the forehead, bloody raiment-like shoulder pads, runes here and there, jewellery with some esoteric elements, belt with some "treasure-hunter-like" ornament, longer 'witchy' sleeves (as suggested by Vampaster's picture), black, dark red and gold colours. I added some open areas on her side to show her pride and devotion (scars).

Vampmaster
3rd Nov 2015, 12:59
I don't think the Prophets should worship Hash'Ak'Gik, let alone wear a mask modeled after his face. The blog said they were stopped following Azimuth when she went mad and started summoning demons. Plus Turel was trapped deep in the bottom of the pit, so it's unlikely many of the cenobites saw him.

I'm not keen on the ones with the teeth. They look too monstrous for what the prestige skins are trying to achieve. You could possibly get away with III in the 1st image, if you removed the teeth and added bandages instead. I think red or black bandages would go best with the color scheme the prestige skins have been using.

@Shiro, can you add the backlers from your previous image to this one? I think it would look pretty good with the combination of the two.
http://img11.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_628074P20151103103851.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=628074P20151103103851.jpg)

lucinvampire
3rd Nov 2015, 13:18
Between new and old one, i also prefer old...but because new one with no eye-holes seems dumb. I know prophets are blind, but there aren't any skull's without eye-holes (are there?)

Agreed.

Well, just have a blindfold or bandages underneath or have whited out eyes like Moebius does or something.

That would be well cool :thumb:, or alternatively maybe blacked out eyes as if the blood is in them…I'd love to see the Prophets having black veins too as if they have the black blood still running in them.

FearGhoul
3rd Nov 2015, 16:05
The image I posted with my suggestion is a mural from Blood Omen 2, presumed to depict the Hylden prior to their being deformed by the demon realm.

The Prophets were in a cult centered around them and receive visions from blood fountains adorned with what are plainly demon skulls. It'd be a small miracle for them not to know something, wouldn't it?

Though when I suggested the design, my idea wasn't really that they'd know about the Hylden, just have this vague inkling of a concept of them. Like the various blood visions would include momentary flashes of pre-Banishment Hylden (either in person or in mural) and having been part of the old cult, they'd just sort of instinctively imitate the image despite not really understanding what it was they'd seen. More of a subconscious thing, not any real knowledge of what it was or meant.

I kinda like that one with the bandages. Though I'm really partial to the inclusion of the Eye. It just looks too good not to use somehow.

I never got the impression that the Blood Fountains had to do with demons or Hash'ak'gik, personally. Now the Spirit Forges, those are clearly connected to Hash'ak'gik.

Vampmaster
3rd Nov 2015, 16:38
I never got the impression that the Blood Fountains had to do with demons or Hash'ak'gik, personally. Now the Spirit Forges, those are clearly connected to Hash'ak'gik.

Hard to explain why the Hylden would have helped Kain in BO1, but I guess they did need him to kill the guardians and I always did like the idea that not all of them had the same priorities.

-Shiro-
3rd Nov 2015, 17:35
@Shiro, can you add the backlers from your previous image to this one? I think it would look pretty good with the combination of the two.

Which ones ?

Vampmaster
3rd Nov 2015, 18:08
Which ones ?

Top left in this sketch:
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=283364P20151101152405.jpg

-Shiro-
3rd Nov 2015, 18:17
Top left in this sketch:
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=283364P20151101152405.jpg

Yep, will do that ;)

Ygdrasel
4th Nov 2015, 02:48
Hard to explain why the Hylden would have helped Kain in BO1, but I guess they did need him to kill the guardians and I always did like the idea that not all of them had the same priorities.

I don't imagine they specifically intended them for Kain. But if they did, well, we've certainly seen the Hylden split on priorities before with the Seer (who needs to return somehow - I still like my idea for her being the Matriarch) and the madman who built The Device. (Oh, my longing for a BO2 remake that cares enough to actually name things...) It'd be interesting to see more dissention in their ranks.

And have you any thoughts on my above elaboration about the mask? They did flee from Azimuth but the cult leader going mad doesn't necessarily 100% break the cultists' faith. Brainwashing is a powerful thing. Ask any MMO player.

GenFeelGood
4th Nov 2015, 03:05
I always assumed the blood fountains came from the ancient vampires. From what was seen in Janos' retreat in Soul Reaver 2, blood magic was utilized by the ancient vampires in the aftermath of being cursed.

Vampmaster
4th Nov 2015, 10:16
I don't imagine they specifically intended them for Kain. But if they did, well, we've certainly seen the Hylden split on priorities before with the Seer (who needs to return somehow - I still like my idea for her being the Matriarch) and the madman who built The Device. (Oh, my longing for a BO2 remake that cares enough to actually name things...) It'd be interesting to see more dissention in their ranks.

And have you any thoughts on my above elaboration about the mask? They did flee from Azimuth but the cult leader going mad doesn't necessarily 100% break the cultists' faith. Brainwashing is a powerful thing. Ask any MMO player.

So, she went mad *after* founding the Hash'Ak'Gik cult and the Prophets continued to worship him afterwards? How do you figure that? I thought the whole reason they left was *because* the whole demon worship thing was the telltale sign that she'd lost her mind.

-Shiro-
4th Nov 2015, 12:45
Here you go !

http://img11.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_911793P20151104134135.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=911793P20151104134135.jpg)

Vampmaster
4th Nov 2015, 12:52
Here you go !

http://img11.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_911793P20151104134135.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=911793P20151104134135.jpg)

Looks great!

Zarxiel93
4th Nov 2015, 12:55
that skin will be very cool!!! But I doubt they will change, because I think the model is already done

RainaAudron
4th Nov 2015, 14:06
I like that design as well!

-Shiro-
4th Nov 2015, 17:52
I don't want to spam, but really had to correct at least the neck :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_485577P20151104163912.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=485577P20151104163912.jpg)

Ygdrasel
4th Nov 2015, 23:32
Here you go !

Send this to everybody at Psyonix immediately. :P (Even just the mask and backlers...)

So, she went mad *after* founding the Hash'Ak'Gik cult and the Prophets continued to worship him afterwards? How do you figure that? I thought the whole reason they left was *because* the whole demon worship thing was the telltale sign that she'd lost her mind.

It was seduction that drove her to Hash's worship - not a demon, but a Hylden, and probably never called a demon directly to the cult members in any case. He was ptobably just 'god' to many. Also that worship was kept quiet, structured, sane. It was Nupraptor's madness that drove her to sadism and wanton chaos, freely turning demons loose on her own people without a care for secrecy or sense. The blogs do note that the Prophets guard against vampire and demon alike but then, while the Hylden are twisted monsters, they don't look like demons...And even moreso, the pre-Banishment Hylden look outright holy by comparison. They may have adopted the imagery just for its contrast to how the demons looked.

Though now I'm pretty much totally sold on Shiro's design. Somebody should go yell at Psyonix. XD

Kootkha
5th Nov 2015, 03:07
Though now I'm pretty much totally sold on Shiro's design. Somebody should go yell at Psyonix. XD

Agreed. I wonder if it is possible at all ? :) Mb it's not too late to redesign elite skin according to Shiro's artwork?

ParadoxicalOmen
5th Nov 2015, 18:34
Agreed. I wonder if it is possible at all ? :) Mb it's not too late to redesign elite skin according to Shiro's artwork?

I'm gonna be a bit pessimistic here...judging from their "altered elite prophet skin" we can notice the the devs tried to change the skin as minimal as possible.
This leads me to believe that they are quite advanced in the skin's modelling, in other words it was almost done when the criticism started.

So even though Shiro's design is marvelous, and receiving very good feedback....i think they are going to stick with their design, so to save time and money from re-modelling and re-designing.

FearGhoul
5th Nov 2015, 21:50

The book of Hash'ak'gik that Kain finds in Avernus Cathedral says that he demanded blood offerings, and that's exactly what the Spirit Forges do. I've always seen it that the blood offerings are strengthening Hash'ak'gik/the Hylden's foothold in Nosgoth, so the trinkets they give out are just to tempt mortals. Little pieces of nothing to greedy people who don't realize that what they're doing is helping a terrible enemy gain power in their land. Kind of like the Black Castle in the second Black Company book.

Vampmaster
6th Nov 2015, 00:01
The book of Hash'ak'gik that Kain finds in Avernus Cathedral says that he demanded blood offerings, and that's exactly what the Spirit Forges do. I've always seen it that the blood offerings are strengthening Hash'ak'gik/the Hylden's foothold in Nosgoth, so the trinkets they give out are just to tempt mortals. Little pieces of nothing to greedy people who don't realize that what they're doing is helping a terrible enemy gain power in their land. Kind of like the Black Castle in the second Black Company book.

The blood offerings were to keep the host alive. The hylden say so themselves. Turel is their host and he needs blood because he's a vampire. The hylden aren't the demon statues in tbe spirit forges, they're grey/brown beings with head crests.

Kootkha
6th Nov 2015, 01:25
I can't see the reason to keep the host alive. They already kidnaped and traped him, made him out of the game. The only reason I can imagine is.... what was the source of blood fountans prophets use? I mean they were ancient , yes, and probably made by an ancient ones. But is it possible , that main ingridient to this fountains was the blood of vamps ? Maybe Turel - Hash was this source in different initiation rites or smth.

Ygdrasel
6th Nov 2015, 07:46
I can't see the reason to keep the host alive. They already kidnaped and traped him, made him out of the game. The only reason I can imagine is.... what was the source of blood fountans prophets use? I mean they were ancient , yes, and probably made by an ancient ones. But is it possible , that main ingridient to this fountains was the blood of vamps ? Maybe Turel - Hash was this source in different initiation rites or smth.

They kept him alive...Obviously...To act as the host. To use a simplified analogy: If Hash'Ak'Gik is "God", then Turel is Jesus. God in a physical form to sway the mortals. The blood needn't feed the Hylden.

And FearGhoul more or less summarized my take on the forges. Run by the Hylden to squeeze out blood sacrifices all across Nosgoth rather than just at Turel's feeding pit. As for the statues being demons rather than Hylden, well, The Hylden are as vain as Raziel was so they'd be loath to display their present wretched forms. And I think the Hylden would've managed to sort of enslave the native demons anyway. They are advanced, after all.

@Paradox: See, this is why they need to get these drawings out for feedback before going too far into modeling...And really, what'd be the harm in redoing it? Some time lost but at this point, the skin as they designed will be greeted with the polar opposite of fanfare and that's no good for anyone. And they could make back any money lost by fixing the damned chests so people will actually want to support the ga- and there I go digressing again.

Vampmaster
6th Nov 2015, 11:11
There's nothing to that that everything to do with demons is connected to the Hylden. If they're so vein, why would they try to look like demons? It doesn't make them appear particularly trustworthy to their customers. I'm not saying the Spirit Forges couldn't be Hylden, but there's no proof of it so far. There's no explanation given for why the Wraith and Shade, who Kain DID say inhabited the Spirit Forges wanted the blood. If it was the Hylden, using it for the Turel and the Blood Fountains, it would be an immense effort to go through to supply just Turel and Kain with blood. Neither of them need huge amounts and there are plenty of humans running around for Kain to feed on already.

If at some point a writer decided to go with the explanation that the Spirit Forges are run by Hylden, they'd need to explain how they avoided the binding, since that only failed after the end of Blood Omen 1. Perhaps they accomplished that by fusing their souls with the demon statues. They could no longer leave the forges, but didn't get banished to the demon dimension themselves.

Kootkha
19th Dec 2015, 00:27
So now, when we have it. I think it is the worst elite, and maybe worst in-game skin at all.
What do u think guys ?

Ygdrasel
19th Dec 2015, 01:40
Worst of the Elites, no contest. The mask just looks bad.

Kootkha
19th Dec 2015, 02:18
Worst of the Elites, no contest. The mask just looks bad.
True, mask is awfull. Looking at the whole skin I got a feeling like it lacks of details. Idk, ornamets or runes on her tunic, some occult amulets or even bandolier-ammobelt, all this would fill this skin with details. This skin looks barren, though.

calypso-694
19th Dec 2015, 03:36
can someone post high quality pics of her please?

from what I gather from the art. the old mask is slightly better HOWEVER remember these are the Elites of the human race kind of like leaders almost, it makes sense that the Elite prophet is dressed fancy and has a somewhat fancy Size-of-her-head mask. still a skull but I think its just a mask.

lets hope whenever the exalted prophet and vanguard drop they are more epic looking the exalteds are like the top tier. I imagine battle hardened old veterans under the helmets of the exalted hunters Like a King Ottmar type. Old and worn from decades of fighting

Kootkha
19th Dec 2015, 06:23
https://pp.vk.me/c627930/v627930165/34c1a/amejsxZLsyk.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c627930/v627930165/34c24/kDh2duHOyWE.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c627930/v627930165/34c2e/QKnGTw_XE10.jpg

Kootkha
19th Dec 2015, 06:47
can someone post high quality pics of her please?

from what I gather from the art. the old mask is slightly better HOWEVER remember these are the Elites of the human race kind of like leaders almost, it makes sense that the Elite prophet is dressed fancy and has a somewhat fancy Size-of-her-head mask. still a skull but I think its just a mask.

lets hope whenever the exalted prophet and vanguard drop they are more epic looking the exalteds are like the top tier. I imagine battle hardened old veterans under the helmets of the exalted hunters Like a King Ottmar type. Old and worn from decades of fighting

It's not better, its just a bit more logic, with eye holes in skull. Nevertheless they should be blind in a way, and Psyonix decided to sweep under the carpet those eyes by unmaking eye holes. Great idea (sarcasm). And still it looks ugly and dully, not epic, deservedly veteran or even demonic.

Shiro's concept suits better, imao.

Ygdrasel
19th Dec 2015, 08:55
True, mask is awfull. Looking at the whole skin I got a feeling like it lacks of details. Idk, ornamets or runes on her tunic, some occult amulets or even bandolier-ammobelt, all this would fill this skin with details. This skin looks barren, though.

Mmmhm. The mask looks...Fake. Plastic. And the backlers look very meh and hastily added.
All of the other Elites, I get a sense of them being high-rank fighters. This, I get a sense of someone playing at high rank with a Halloween mask, a few bones and rope.

GenocidePete
19th Dec 2015, 09:14
Yeah...It was clear from the concept art that this skin was going to be a failure, though calling it the worst in the game is a bit much, considering how the default summoner and vanguard look. At least the elite vanguard skin was a success.

Kootkha
19th Dec 2015, 09:30
Yeah...It was clear from the concept art that this skin was going to be a failure, though calling it the worst in the game is a bit much, considering how the default summoner and vanguard look. At least the elite vanguard skin was a success.

Default skin should look default, nothing new here. Besides, I think default Vang and Sum looks ok.

Vampmaster
19th Dec 2015, 11:25
Mmmhm. The mask looks...Fake. Plastic. And the backlers look very meh and hastily added.
All of the other Elites, I get a sense of them being high-rank fighters. This, I get a sense of someone playing at high rank with a Halloween mask, a few bones and rope.

I don't think the mask was ever intended to be a real creature's skull. I'd say artificial, but still carved out of wood or sculpted ftom clay and painted or something like that.

I think it looks better that I expected when I saw the concept art, but the horns on the head felt like a knee kerk reaction to the way the community prioritised fear factor over the solidarity of tbe prophets wirh the other humans that the devs seemed to have been going for.

I personally wanted it to be more elaborate than the original design, but what we ended up with was a hybrid of two contradictory themes.

Improvements that could be made at this stage are recolour the purple pants (use the grey of the hunter's coat) and to make the colour sceme match the rest of the Elite skins, maybe add some bits of silver plating to the bones/horns.

-Shiro-
19th Dec 2015, 11:49
The prophet skin... I'm really sorry, but I don't know what happened. It seems totally unfinished. The textures, colors and details... I wonder if the creators have been pushed to release it.

(Click to enlarge)

http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_8764332015121800001.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=8764332015121800001.jpg)
http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_3212532015121800002.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=3212532015121800002.jpg)
http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_6225542015121800003.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=6225542015121800003.jpg)
http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_6241102015121800004.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=6241102015121800004.jpg)
http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_5766052015121800005.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=5766052015121800005.jpg)

It looks like what I could do with MS Paint... :(
I know they're free for lvl 25, but also in sales for others. For comparison, the alchemist elite :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_1121362015121800006.jpg (
http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_1121362015121800006.jpg)
http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_7235752015121800007.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=7235752015121800007.jpg)

I already disliked the design, but I was expecting at least a good version of what they did. Here, it just looks lazy and botched. I don't want to sound disrespectful, I'm just very disappointed as the art team did previously an amazing job with other skins.

N.B. : also, no back side of the "robe" seems really weird, and unfinished, again.
We've been waiting for it for a while now, and we got this. As a friend said, "better than nothing" ? Is that what we should expect from Nosgoth, from now ?

Ygdrasel
19th Dec 2015, 22:42
I don't think the mask was ever intended to be a real creature's skull. I'd say artificial, but still carved out of wood or sculpted ftom clay and painted or something like that.

It looks it, for sure. It's not a good look. And they should fire their painters; For all the blood and grime (the asymmetry of which personally agitates me, but that's just my issue), the bright-white coloring of the mask itself just clashes horribly. The mask really looks exactly as cartoonish and bad as I expected from the concept art - and the changes they made in missing the major feedback points (which was mostly "The mask sucks" - which they somehow translated as "Eyeholes suck") may have made it even worse than I expected. Pretty much all of the forum drawings of Elite Prophet concepts are infinitely better.

And this is why concept art should be shown prior to modeling work, so they can scrap bad ideas before it's too late. The gray of the Hunter's coat would look nice here though. Bit of silver plating, maybe some gold...

@Shiro: No backside to the robe makes combat sense. Less restrictive to the legs.

-Shiro-
20th Dec 2015, 15:15
@Shiro: No backside to the robe makes combat sense. Less restrictive to the legs.

Yes, because this :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_1395382015102600013.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=1395382015102600013.jpg)

really obstructs legs movements, right ?

Anyway, I defended the game design a lot here and there, on Steam for instance, but I really don't know what happened for this one.

Ygdrasel
20th Dec 2015, 23:24
Yes, because this :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_1395382015102600013.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=1395382015102600013.jpg)

really obstructs legs movements, right ?

Anyway, I defended the game design a lot here and there, on Steam for instance, but I really don't know what happened for this one.

No, that removes robe pieces on the side to achieve a similar result of less restriction.
It's a better design option than what the Elite has going but neither is "weird".

All things considered, they should have just redone the thing when the first negative reception came.
Just would've been delayed a while.

That's what happened though - They fished for feedback then didn't listen to most of it.
Actually, considering the laughably misguided change they made on the mask, they might not have really listened to any of it.

ParadoxicalOmen
7th Jan 2016, 23:24
I know im being a slowpoke for posting this late...but is anyone bothered by the elite mask?
It looks so poor and crude...doesn't seem to match the rest of the outfit...same goes for the "wings" on her back
(like using a tuxedo with a rope belt)

Grisamentum
27th Jan 2016, 01:10
I...totally love it. I think it looks awesome. The whole head piece looks great. One of her best skins & way better than the Hunter or Alc elite skins, imo.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Burial_Ground
27th Jan 2016, 08:56
I hardly ever use that elite skin, my main skin is the "Witch of the Northwood"

Vampmaster
27th Jan 2016, 09:43
This is a lot like I'd been imagining earlier on:

EDIT: Does anyone know how to get thumb images even smaller?

Burial_Ground
27th Jan 2016, 10:37
hey nice pic, "The Dark Prophet"

thumbnails? you mean like 200x112 pics, just resize them with your favourite image tool

ParadoxicalOmen
27th Jan 2016, 21:53
I...totally love it. I think it looks awesome. The whole head piece looks great. One of her best skins & way better than the Hunter or Alc elite skins, imo.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Interesting...always good to know.
I thought i was one of many that disliked the final prophet mask....guess not lol

Vampmaster
27th Jan 2016, 22:04
hey nice pic, "The Dark Prophet"

thumbnails? you mean like 200x112 pics, just resize them with your favourite image tool

It's not my image. I can't host it, so I'd have to resize the link.

Ygdrasel
30th Jan 2016, 09:59
I know im being a slowpoke for posting this late...but is anyone bothered by the elite mask?
It looks so poor and crude...doesn't seem to match the rest of the outfit...same goes for the "wings" on her back
(like using a tuxedo with a rope belt)

Yessss. Awful mask, awful...Back thingies.

Ygdrasel
22nd Apr 2016, 00:39
Found the Prophet ala Blood Omen 2. Now that would've been cool. :D

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/13000361_1083766165017055_1313713736874793749_n.jpg?oh=9579a8e541bb4b154c2a8b9ed71c0ceb&oe=57B00F18

Roy644
22nd Apr 2016, 08:43
OMG that would've been so awesome for Nosgoth :O