PDA

View Full Version : Leagues Party Series From September 22-28

Saikocat
22nd Sep 2015, 10:03
For one week starting today, we will be running another test of our League Beta (1.3), this time focusing on our Party Series feature. In comparison to our previous League beta tests, this means that you'll be able to play together with a full party (4) of friends, in our League Rankings mode. This is the first time we're introducing this into Leagues, and as this is our first test of the feature we'd love to hear what you all think once you've tried it out over the next few days.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/614/blog/leagues13partyheader.jpg

League Rankings Party Series (ie Beta 1.3):

Will be available from September 22 to 28
From 5pm - 4am BST (9am - 8pm PDT) each day (local timings) (http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/event?lid=8&h=8&sts=24048420&sln=9-20&a=show&euid=ab5b2808-4798-dd54-7d1f-9263c51906c6)
It allows parties of 2, 3 and 4, as well as individual players
Available to players level 10 and over

During this test, we'll be giving out a few rewards at the end, depending on which rank you reached and maintained.

We also be giving out Chest Keys for the following ranks, after the Beta has ended:

Eternal rank players get 3 Chest Keys
Blood rank players get 2 Chest Keys
Gold rank players get 1 Chest Key

Everyone that completes 5 matches will also receive our League Rankings player banner:

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/526/blog/alpha-league-banner-274x64.png

Join us later on today (from 5pm BST) for the start of this new League Beta test, and share your feedback here on the forum!

Da_Wolv
22nd Sep 2015, 10:18
Please, not another banner.
can we delete the extra ones pls?

SirRudyMan
22nd Sep 2015, 10:29
Please, not another banner.
can we delete the extra ones pls?

Or even better... to be able to sell them for Gold! :D

senjuj
22nd Sep 2015, 11:17
3 and 4
no thx, just evade.:whistle:

vampirelucky
22nd Sep 2015, 12:41
Surely parties of 3-4 won't stomp solo players in Blood/Eternal... :rolleyes:

FireWorks_
22nd Sep 2015, 12:44
How will this be introduced?

Does this need another patch like last time or is everything already in place?

Saikocat
22nd Sep 2015, 13:10
Hey everyone,

I'll update this as soon as we have more news, we may have a delay on this starting but I'll let you know as soon as the start is confirmed.

HexMee
22nd Sep 2015, 13:29
I would be really excited queueing up with a full team of 4 because that's undoubtly the real way of playing the game.

My problem is the fact that you can leave a lobby without being punished for it. I doubt any known team will ever get to play a game because their opposition will just leave the lobby at first glance. And to be fair why shouldn't they? No reason to play a game that you're in a disadvantage in when you can press the button again and get another lobby.

There are only 2 choices here to make this work: Remove lobbies and just throw players straight into the game so they are committed to the match from the second they start searching. OR keep lobbies, but punish players for leaving the lobby once they're in it.

Unless this is the way lobbies will work for this test period of "party series" you will not get any result from it.

Honestly the fact that you can still leave from a lobby once you've started searching and decided to comit to a ranked match as it stands today is beyond ridiculous.

Da_Wolv
22nd Sep 2015, 14:08
There are only 2 choices here to make this work: Remove lobbies and just throw players straight into the game so they are committed to the match from the second they start searching. OR keep lobbies, but punish players for leaving the lobby once they're in it.
I'd recommend the first.

Ryugan34
22nd Sep 2015, 15:06
I would be really excited queueing up with a full team of 4 because that's undoubtly the real way of playing the game.

My problem is the fact that you can leave a lobby without being punished for it. I doubt any known team will ever get to play a game because their opposition will just leave the lobby at first glance. And to be fair why shouldn't they? No reason to play a game that you're in a disadvantage in when you can press the button again and get another lobby.

Unless this is the way lobbies will work for this test period of "party series" you will not get any result from it.

Honestly the fact that you can still leave from a lobby once you've started searching and decided to comit to a ranked match as it stands today is beyond ridiculous.

This would be needed for solo leagues, and i mean it .
As for party leagues, i would rather not play the league at all while being solo than be forced to play against full teams stomping solos every game . This is not how leagues are supposed to be . Team and solo leagues should be 2 differents leagues like on others games . But i understand that its next to impossible with the current playerbase...