PDA

View Full Version : Patch of 17 september...

Firehex
18th Sep 2015, 00:19
So, what do you think about that "super" talents changes ?
Do you agree what we should award this patch with most failed update in Nosgoth of 2015 ? :rolleyes:
Just lets sum up some info:
1. No gold refund at all, but a lot of players spend lots of it for pernament version of perks.
2. Players don't get gold after completing tutorial
3. No talent tree at all
4. Some talents are too OP compare with others
5. Super new bugs like infest working global, almost instant hellstrikes, strange behaviour of healing alchi talent
6. Interface bug( at least for me)
7. Sentinel talents making him even more OP. Don't you tired of current meta when 2 sentinels versus you in every game until you pick warbow ? Meehh.
8. Some still have optimization problems.

I just don't understand why they didn't test ANYTHING before release.:mad: You can't miss that much bugs .

P.S. i entered game right now and at least my interface got fixed.

KaininitePriestess
18th Sep 2015, 16:40
I for one like the talents and the way they were done. I know two of my favorite perks were merged into one on the humans side and they're universal for all 5 classes, so that's great for me. :) And I don't care if it's not technically a "tree," or that I spent tens of thousands of gold on perks that are gone now. I'm at the point where I don't even need the money for anything, except for the gold-only skins, and I can get those whenever, I'm in no rush. The talents give me something to work for.

Granted, there are a few bugs with the patch, but that's normal for a patch. We're the people who test the bugs when they release something. That's why we're playing a beta.

Louves
18th Sep 2015, 17:36
Granted, there are a few bugs with the patch, but that's normal for a patch. We're the people who test the bugs when they release something. That's why we're playing a beta.

We are testing the bugs? I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually the case :D

I still wonder how they missed that infect bug...I really wish they would get their QA team back. They made a good job back in the old alpha/closed beta days.
But I really like the idea behind the new talent "tree" system just the execution is not the best. Some of those need a rework either because they are OP or obviously worse then other perks ( I am thinking about those 5% more attack speed or 5% more health perks - they are too generic).
Regarding the bugs. I would say we all would be less angry about it if they would get fixed faster. One or two weeks is not fast enough. I could live with 1 or 2 days, everything above that is really annoying.

Firehex
18th Sep 2015, 20:21
Regarding the bugs. I would say we all would be less angry about it if they would get fixed faster.
This...I want infest bug fix as soon as possible ~__~ Playing vs deci as hyman very annoying now, because you spawn and insta lose 250 hp.

This "talents" are not part of talent tree at all. They just took some perks and merged them.Meh, :o

riccetto80
19th Sep 2015, 11:53

Bugs are one thing, bugs who you can notice in the first game you test the patch, are bug who need be find out and fix before release the patch from the internal beta testing phase.

No company, except nosgoth devs seems, release directly to the user the patches.

Plus a real beta is not with a ingame shop who accept real money, this kind of beta we play arent really beta, we play a unfinished game yeah, but we are also paying customers, in real beta the dev pay the beta tester to test the game, lol.

CptUncino
19th Sep 2015, 22:07
There are a couple of balance thoughts about the vampire side I'd really want to report.
But first, I really don't know how much of the meta of your own game do you know, you should have known that Deceiver and Sentinels are the top pick for everyone, Tyrant was kinda in the middle and Summoner with Reaver... well where are them?
I like the new perks overall and the changes they migth take to the game.. for istance the way you play deceiver changes depending on the perk you are using.
The mistake was, imho, give a lot of "good" (to not say powerful) perk to both Senitnels and Deceivers while letting the remaining 3 with perk of "meh" level. I play summoner in esl and I was using the +5% atk speed, with the new talent trees nothing changed, I'm just using the same perk: it means that all the other talents are worthless (just maybe the perk which allows you to use hellstrike almost effectively). Same tyrant did not get anything good, also you removed the bersekr perk on him so you just screwed up like the 80% of tyrant builds. The only really new (and good) perk for the reaver was "agility" but already after the speed nerf turned immediatly into useless... then also the damage turned up to be just too low. At least, maybe not the 2 pounces but leap attak would be used (possibly) even in esl but now... eh... nooope.
Just try to balance the meta next time, the more clear example is the Deceiver being better of the reaver in like 100% of the situations.
-Atmosphere

Saikocat
21st Sep 2015, 10:38
Hi Firehex!

I'll address a few points/questions here for you, in case it helps.

- Regarding Perks refunds, we're going over the feedback now to see what may need to be done.
- The retroactive Gold for completing Tutorials is going out later today :)
- Sorry to hear you don't like the new Talent Tree addition! I'd say give it some time and see how you get on, first :)
- We adjusted the values on a bunch of Talents quite quickly, to ensure they were more in line with what they should be.
- The "Infect" bug was resolved with our hotfix on Friday, as well as a UI (Russian) issue
- Are you still having interface issues? If so, what happens specifically?
- We'll take a look at the feedback about Sentinels
- Are you having new optimization issues, or the same as before?

Firehex
21st Sep 2015, 19:11
Hi Firehex!

I'll address a few points/questions here for you, in case it helps.

- Regarding Perks refunds, we're going over the feedback now to see what may need to be done.
- The retroactive Gold for completing Tutorials is going out later today :)
- Sorry to hear you don't like the new Talent Tree addition! I'd say give it some time and see how you get on, first :)
- We adjusted the values on a bunch of Talents quite quickly, to ensure they were more in line with what they should be.
- The "Infect" bug was resolved with our hotfix on Friday, as well as a UI (Russian) issue
- Are you still having interface issues? If so, what happens specifically?
- We'll take a look at the feedback about Sentinels
- Are you having new optimization issues, or the same as before?

- You've already posted what refunds will be done.
- Good to hear about tutorials.
- Problem is ...there is no tree. We can choose only 1 talent. As someone joked about that - it's more like a branch :D
- You nerfed agility of reaver so much, so everyone gonna use kick again. Please, give some love for pounce for the god sake :( And didn't touch EG of prophet - it's too OP right now.
- Yes, i'm glag what you didn't wait week for fixing it =)
- No, i've already posted what it's fine now.
- Hope so... I don't want to keep playing against 2-3 sentinels every game=( They need some nerf, not buff for sure.
- I don't have serious. I just read in other topics what someone had fps problems after last patch.

P.S. thanks for answer :friends:

Blackdeathteal
23rd Sep 2015, 10:56
Agilty buff or launch speed talent !

Saikocat
23rd Sep 2015, 12:15
The stats on the Pounce Talent were too high I'm afraid, so that one had to be adjusted, but we'll be monitoring it in case it needs to be tweaked more (that also applies to the other Talents).
Regarding the Talent Tree in general, it is the start, there's more we'd like to do with it :)