PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes – 17th September 2015

Saikocat
17th Sep 2015, 15:45
Feature Changes:

Talent Tree system has been added. Players can now unlock class specific talents as they level up their characters. Talents will be retroactively awarded to players as well.
All perks and the old perk system has been removed since the talent tree system has been added. Previously purchased Runestone perks will also be refunded.
In addition to gaining a free trial on an item for completing a tutorial you will now also earn 300 gold reward for completing a tutorial. It will be retroactively awarded to those people who have already completed those tutorials.
One time Rentals - Items will have a one time trial only option to rent an item for gold and once with Runestones. Players will need to buy an item after these trials. Trials are still for 7 days and prices. See our blog here (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/changes-to-7-day-rentals)for detail.

Bug Fixes:

Added in new restriction to prevent charge exploit in game
Corrected issue with leaver penalty not displaying correct duration of penalty.
Added in new restriction to prevent charge exploit in game
Corrected issue with leaver penalty not displaying correct duration of penalty.
Fixed a crash with Leagues
Fixed a Leagues crash when navigating the Archives tab
Turrets now cause correct damage when placed on a different elevation to the enemy
The Hunter's Bola no longer disappears with the Deceiver, when he activates Shroud
Fixed various text and localisation issues
Updated Sommerdamm's minimap to reflect map changes (collapsed tower)
Resolved an issue with a particular supply station on Provance, that caused climbing vampires to drop back down
Fixed a stats issue in Leagues, where it wasn't counting Time Alive stat correctly per class
Fixed a bug that caused Winter VFX to remain on Vampire hands after being killed

Known Issues:

You may encounter a crash if you quit/finish a match while in the Loadout screen. Please ensure you don't bring up the Loadout when a match has ended or you leave a match in progress.
After completing a Tutorial for the first time, the congrats screen may re-appear after a couple of matches (this is purely a UI issue)
Prompts/ingame chat will always warn players about a 10 min leaver penalty regardless of their state/tier of penalty.
When Vanguard is locked, his default Talent is shown as Resilient Presence, but the actual default is Toughness.

gzvirax
17th Sep 2015, 15:57
Any idea whether fixes for Deceiver footstep issues (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=170791) are under way? Maybe next patch ... ?

Saikocat
17th Sep 2015, 16:21
Any idea whether fixes for Deceiver footstep issues (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=170791) are under way? Maybe next patch ... ?

I'll check up on that one with the team!

Louves
17th Sep 2015, 16:25
Can we get more infos about that mysterious talent tree?

FireWorks_
17th Sep 2015, 16:28
Has reconnecting to matches been fixed?
4v3 are your biggest bane:( Please focus the related bugs down as fast as you can.

blackberrygoo
17th Sep 2015, 16:29
Can we get more infos about that mysterious talent tree?

seems to me its the exact same thing as it was before , but this tree system adores noobs and says **** to vets, oh well at least the games still ridden with disconnects and bugs for us long supporting vets ;)

Varulven
17th Sep 2015, 16:42
When will we get the after execution quotes back?

Saikocat
17th Sep 2015, 16:46
seems to me its the exact same thing as it was before , but this tree system adores noobs and says **** you to vets, oh well at least the games still ridden with disconnects and bugs for us long supporting vets ;)

Keep your language clean!

Check out the Talent Trees once the game is live before making a judgment. It includes new Talents and mixes things up quite a bit, so we'd love to hear what you guys think once you've had a chance to play around with them.

@FireWorks_ - I'll check, are you specifically having issues reconnecting to a match that you were already in? Drop me a link if you posted detail in a specific thread, and I'll follow up here to make sure they're aware.

kLauE187
17th Sep 2015, 16:50
RIP my 300k coins + 20k runestones i wasted on my builds that now are useless since they were all based on specific perks. GG

PencileyePirate
17th Sep 2015, 16:59
RIP my 300k coins + 20k runestones i wasted on my builds that now are useless since they were all based on specific perks. GG

I was just thinking the same thing: this change screws everyone who used the forge to create builds based around perks, which quite a few players have been doing... personally I haven't wasted runes, so I'm not in quite the same boat as you, but it seems I've put 160k gold down the drain.

Unnecessary/unwanted changes such as this are going to ruin this game for me.

Vampmaster
17th Sep 2015, 17:07
The notes said runestones are being refunded, but I bought all my perks with gold in alpha/beta. Does gold get refunded too? At least I've avoided using the forge too much so far, because I know there's better features coming up that I'd prefer to use the materials for.

Arydious
17th Sep 2015, 17:09
I think too many people are jumping the gun on this whole system. Everyone who is visiting these forums on a regular wants to see Nosgoth improve and become more than what it currently is. Nosgoth needs to innovate and do things different than it currently is to bring in more people.

Currently we haven't even seen how this talent system will work, maybe you still have viable builds or more viable builds.

Basically what I am saying is, instead of tearing down Nosgoth (Psyonix) for trying something new, embrace it and be constructive about the changes. No one likes being ripped to shreds for trying something new, ask George Lucas that's why he sold Star Wars.

Vampmaster
17th Sep 2015, 17:14
I think too many people are jumping the gun on this whole system. Everyone who is visiting these forums on a regular wants to see Nosgoth improve and become more than what it currently is. Nosgoth needs to innovate and do things different than it currently is to bring in more people.

Currently we haven't even seen how this talent system will work, maybe you still have viable builds or more viable builds.

Basically what I am saying is, instead of tearing down Nosgoth (Psyonix) for trying something new, embrace it and be constructive about the changes. No one likes being ripped to shreds for trying something new, ask George Lucas that's why he sold Star Wars.

The Star Wars prequels aren't the best example of reasons to embrace the new. Almost everyone hated them.

Arydious
17th Sep 2015, 17:18
The Star Wars prequels aren't the best example of reasons to embrace the new. Almost everyone hated them.
I agree but the point was a guy who created a universe SOLD everything to another company, because no one had an open mind about changes he made to his OWN creation.

blackberrygoo
17th Sep 2015, 17:46
I agree with needing "new innovations" for certain games but nosgoths biggest problems by far are these : bugs and glitches still present in a beta game hardly getting worked out, disconnects and terrible hardware hosted servers and not enough regions (no South american servers so US east and west are filled with high ping South americans), random "innovations" not necessarily needed at this time..

I get that they are trying to balance while moving on the tether so to speak, but at the state this game is bug-wise and popularity wise, it wont make it another year if they just try and cram in all these new trees, forge and features (not to mention skins for purchase) when all these messed up bugs and mechanical issues(deceiver issues, disconnects, imbalance in ranked and it being filled with quitters) still stay strong ... This game needs an overhaul of how it operates in terms of progression, the team is constantly trying to progress upwards when they havent even built their foundation strong enough yet (cracks in the foundation being the iffy ranked matches with quitters galore, the new system of perks that guaranteed favors the new trying to desperately pull more in, the bugs that apparently only the vets realize and not even the devs/mods, mostly because they are solely working on the new features not even realizing there's many things to be done still on past issues) .

What keeps this games popularity at the minimum it is , is the competitiveness of the game, but who can even think about that when you constantly have an influx of new people (and old bugs) who just want to check out all the "cool features" they realize the games pretty awesome but not worth their time (long waits for unranked even in peak hours, ranked is always plagued with quitters and bad balance) so they spent a little money keeping this game afloat but ultimately it makes for a game to think it has enough leeway to be expanding when really it still needs to fix the cracks in its foundation. What im saying is, make the foundation stronger, sure we wont see any new players for a few months while they nail down the party system better, add more servers over the world, improve the strength of their servers (more desync in any 8 player deathmatch game i have ever seen) , and last but not least fix all the bugs with certain builds like tyrant charge abuse, deceiver footsteps AND floating issue, and summoners terrible small attack hitbox, but ultimately it will pull in SO MANY MORE players if Nosgoth was fixed in these ways. Many things are swept under the rug and even i ignore them, but its gettting to a point where i have to say something because the devs seem like they want to make the game bigger with more features when they should be focusing on strengthening their foundation so that they can add features after and have a much cleaner experience in which noobs can influx and not wanna rage quit due to imbalance of teams, bad servers, and many glitches in a small deathmatch arena game.

I love nosgoth but when I see decisions made solely to gain popularity red flags get raised because of the current state of the game, its simply not ready for more features and I know this tech tree isnt the last of these new features , work should be spent 100% on bugfixing and server additions for at least 3 months until they add more fancy unneeded stuff, but thats just me i guess everyone else doesnt mind the incredibly small population which ultimately is created because of all the issues i explained above (and most likely more ive forgotten).

Saikocat
17th Sep 2015, 18:11
Nosgoth is back online! Thanks for your patience, everyone <3

Arydious
17th Sep 2015, 18:15
Blackberry I can't argue with you at all on that. The bugs and glitches need to be addressed at a much faster rate then they currently are.

It's true even innovating to bring in new players many will leave when they die to a glitch or bug, nothing is more frusterating then losing like that. Not to mention lobbies and matchmaking I agree.

However I like to stay positive about all things and I welcome change.

kLauE187
17th Sep 2015, 18:23
Nosgoth is back online! Thanks for your patience, everyone <3

No, it's not. Stahp troll ;)

Louves
17th Sep 2015, 18:28
Still not online.

Firehex
17th Sep 2015, 18:29
All perks and the old perk system has been removed since the talent tree system has been added. Previously purchased Runestone perks will also be refunded.
But what about players who spend gold for pernament versions ?? They should get gold refund too.

Wolf_the_Legend
17th Sep 2015, 18:29
https://www.nosgoth.com/servers

can we maybe get the old website back? ... it never lied to me and you could actually see if only EU is down and go for a US server if you want to.

Captain3009
17th Sep 2015, 18:31
still in maintenance... :-(

edit: up and running, thank you.

PencileyePirate
17th Sep 2015, 18:41

You were correct, I was definitely jumping the gun. The new system is not as drastic a redesign as expected. Many of the old perks exist as talents, with some new class-specific talents looking very interesting.

One thing I'm really disappointed about is that there's no Bloodlust talent (increased attack speed on kill) on vampires.

edit: There are a number of talents that seem ridiculously OP, e.g. the instant life on kill talents or the hunter explosives talent. The Deceiver talent to give 50% increased radius on Plague is completely broken ... please remove it or reduce the increase to only 10-15%.

kLauE187
17th Sep 2015, 18:49
But what about players who spend gold for pernament versions ?? They should get gold refund too.

This. I paid around 40k coins for all perks, where's my refund?

Also a few of this talents are broken, holy ...

Vampmaster
17th Sep 2015, 18:55
Really sucks that there's no gold refunds. Time is an investment too, which we've now lost.

Speaking of time, I don't have a fast connection, so the download is taking a while. Does anyone want to list some of the talents here for those of us who have to wait?

Firehex
17th Sep 2015, 18:56
I managed to enter the game and read "talents" description... First of all - if we can choose only 1 then what the difference between perks ?? Second - some of talents freeking OP compare to others.
For example, if you killed someone with kidnap or abduct this ability cd will be instantly reset or prophet one - killing enemy restores you 20% hp :scratch:

Da_Wolv
17th Sep 2015, 19:12
Hell Strike is broken now with the new perk.
Not only casting speed is increased, but also the travel time.
We tried it out on Stream: It travels half the distance after the cast is complete and then hits instantly, with no chance to dodge.

Good job -.-

Firehex
17th Sep 2015, 19:34
Also another question - where is Talent Tree ?_? That's (http://armory.naaru.ru/talent-calc.xml?c=Warrior) how talent tree should look like...

Louves
17th Sep 2015, 19:51
I like the new patch, was the first time in nosgoth since months I had fun again. Some talents are obviously better than others (even overpowered or not working as intented) but that can easily be fixed. Even if it's not really a talent tree I like the idea behind it. But please get those perks out of my inventory, it's already cluttered up with items, I don't need even more of those.

But let's be honest, this global infect bug proves that the QA team is actually just one guy that starts the game one time and tells everybody it's working.

River_
17th Sep 2015, 20:05
Okay, so as it is at the moment, Infect with viral strain is both OP and bugged. The OP part is easy: Its new range is WAY to large. Nerf it to 15-20 percent, and see how that goes. The bugged part is a bit more difficult: If you spawn as human while another human is infected, you are being infected on spawn. It doesn't matter how far away you are. I (and others) have seen on multiple occasions that when somebody spawned on the other side of the map, way out of range of everybody else, still got infect. This way, we might as well remove infect and give all humans -200 health to start with! Anyway, hope this gets fixed soon.

J_Walker
17th Sep 2015, 20:10
-Now Deceiver's infect ,affect all players across the map,doesn't matter you're on the other side of the entire map,or just spawned.
-All of your money are now wasted in new perks.(Talent trees are a whole different story Imho)
-Huge Fps Drops since last patch (i7 4Ghz / GTX 970 /16GB Ram).
-Uncasted spells even if u keep pressing that exact button.

With respect,pls fix asap.Can't play ESL in that conditions.

PencileyePirate
17th Sep 2015, 20:29
Virulent Strain is by far the most broken talent in the game. Plague is hitting people from over halfway across the map.

That said I love what talents have done for to game, as they make a lot of previously unused skills viable; it's just some of the numbers that are excessive.

ProDoctoR1987
17th Sep 2015, 20:31
Well this great, I bought a lot of perks permanent with gold !!!!! Now they are all gone and my earned gold that I spent is gone to.

Da_Wolv
17th Sep 2015, 20:32
Okay, so as it is at the moment, Infect with viral strain is both OP and bugged. The OP part is easy: Its new range is WAY to large. Nerf it to 15-20 percent, and see how that goes. The bugged part is a bit more difficult: If you spawn as human while another human is infected, you are being infected on spawn. It doesn't matter how far away you are. I (and others) have seen on multiple occasions that when somebody spawned on the other side of the map, way out of range of everybody else, still got infect. This way, we might as well remove infect and give all humans -200 health to start with! Anyway, hope this gets fixed soon.

Virulent Strain is by far the most broken talent in the game. Plague is hitting people from over halfway across the map.

That said I love what talents have done for to game, as they make a lot of previously unused skills viable; it's just some of the numbers that are excessive.
No - its not the perk. Its infect.
I tried it without it. Same difference. You infect fresh spawns across the entire map with it, even without perk.

Shikei001
17th Sep 2015, 20:35
I do like the idea of the new "talents", tho I think most of them need a reevaluation of numbers..

Also we have 5vs3 back :nut:
And yes he could shoot the Vamps^^ (at least after he left a Vamp joined^^)
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/615095545759979125/2F400E1E34C62034E8D33F51AD454F0C18DAB415/
Sry to stupid to rezise the image :(

EDIT:
Have Senti's become faster ? O.o

SirRudyMan
17th Sep 2015, 21:06
I bought my perks with gold, all of them... a handful were 2400 gold each when I bought them.

I've invested a lot of time getting that gold... I also used 15k from the Immortal Pack to buy Perks, now that's gone too! I paid real money to get that gold...

Not cool man... not cool :mad:

http://i.imgur.com/yLjgqnB.gif

Talespin
17th Sep 2015, 23:03
shoutout to the QA department

if it exists

Halpachino
18th Sep 2015, 00:17
Is like playtesting a foreign concept to psyonix/SE or ?

--Ram--
18th Sep 2015, 00:49
Is like playtesting a foreign concept to psyonix/SE or ?

Na dude they just want us to do it for free regardless of how it tarnishes the reputation of the game.

Vampmaster
18th Sep 2015, 01:19
SE: "This game isn't finished yet, but you can play it anyway!"
Community: "How dare you let us play a game that isn't finished yet!"

I get that it's a really long time to be in beta, but by definition that means its in an unfinished state. It's hardly false advertising if SE have made that clear from the start.

TheDreamcrusher
18th Sep 2015, 04:43
Bugged Infect aside... I'm enjoying Hellstrike being usable again. It's excessive, but with the damage falloff adjustment they made a few patches ago, it's not that bad. The original Hellstrike damage with this speed would be as bad as Infect right now.

GenFeelGood
18th Sep 2015, 05:43
I haven't had a chance to try all the new talents out yet, but overall I like this. Sure there are things that need to be adjusted, infect goes too far and hellstrike moves too fast to have any hope of dodging; but I think this is a good start.

First the elephant in the room, this isn't what could be considered a skill tree. If it is then it's been cut down, the stump has been uprooted, the log has been hauled off, and the severed limbs are all that is left. Not to say that it couldn't be a skill tree down the line, this certainly lays the ground work for it.

I like that certain perks have been merged, like spread and recoil; and I enjoy the absurdity of what I can do now with the vampires, I can leap over half the map in a single pounce. The human talents are great, I especially love the Vanguard, you gave us the option to have his shield back to the way we remember it at the time of release or be able to send an axe flying faster than a Prophet's bullet. The bleed effect talent seems a bit much so that might need some tweaks down the line.

I look forward to seeing how this develops and what traits get added on in the future.

edit
Would you consider giving us back the jump cancel for the Tyrant if it was a talent?

Da_Wolv
18th Sep 2015, 07:53
Bugged Infect aside... I'm enjoying Hellstrike being usable again. It's excessive, but with the damage falloff adjustment they made a few patches ago, it's not that bad. The original Hellstrike damage with this speed would be as bad as Infect right now.

What? The original Hell Strike was not as bad as it is now.
The projectiles travel half the distance and then just randomly hit you - theres no way to predict where they will land, since they don't.
They swirl in the air and even if they are still 20m away from you, suddenly, BOOM, 400 Health gone.

RainaAudron
18th Sep 2015, 07:58
I just looked at the new talents and I do not really see a difference between the old perks and these functionality wise. All that was changed was some effects were merged or added and it seems more streamlined. Some of them are actually interesting options, so it seems like a very positive change so far (aside from the bugs). I also like the new, more flavoured names and that some of the old ones are back (like Dead Eye)! Good job on these, getting rid of some of the useless perks and merging the effects was a great idea :)

Da_Wolv
18th Sep 2015, 08:03
I just looked at the new "talents" and I do not really see a difference between the old perks and these. All that was changed was some effects were merged or added and it seems more streamlined. Some of them are actually interesting options, so it seems like a positive change so far (aside from the bugs). I also like the new, more flavoured names and that some of the old ones are back (like Dead Eye).

Yes.

but also als Louves said: DO THEY REALLY NEED TO BE IN THE INVENTORY?

I might actually make a thread about this later, but the Inventory is horrible - I brough it up several times.
There are things higher on the agenda, I get that, but as we've seen with the "deleting chests fix" for framerate issues, I would pose that a veterans inventory, filled with garbage boosters, skins, mysterious and exotic items might potentually have the same effect.

RainaAudron
18th Sep 2015, 08:10
Yes.

but also als Louves said: DO THEY REALLY NEED TO BE IN THE INVENTORY?

Yeah, good question . It adds 60 new items to your inventory, uff. I got sooo much stuff already indeed. An inventory redesign sounds reasonable.

Vampmaster
18th Sep 2015, 08:58
Yeah, good question . It adds 60 new items to your inventory, uff. I got sooo much stuff already indeed. An inventory redesign sounds reasonable.

In addition to moving the perks out of the inventory, I'd like to see a hide duplicates option. Anything you have more than one of, just stick an "x2", "x3" etc, in front of the icon to say that you have 2 or 3 of the item and so on.

Perhaps weapons and abilities could be displayed as a tree view as well. For example, alchemist would have Hand Cannon, Fullbore Cannon, Multi Cannon and Viscous Cannon and then each icon has an expand function that shown all the different copies of that weapon individually. Maybe with uncanny, arcane and mysterious as further sub-groupings.

kLauE187
18th Sep 2015, 09:31
Is there a hotfix for global infect today or are we forced to play with this on sunday in ESL?

Da_Wolv
18th Sep 2015, 09:41
Nosgoth Update queued?!
What Sorcery is this?
A hotfix?
So close after a patch release?

http://i.imgur.com/aheeyhY.jpg

Checking Twitter:
@Nosgoth 11hrs ago:

We'll be pushing a quick update (super small) to fix a language error. No maintenance required! Please standby.

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Saikocat
18th Sep 2015, 09:50
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback and raising issues. I can appreciate that it isn't fun to run into bugs or issues, but please keep the discussions constructive.

For the Talents: We're going to be making adjustments to a bunch of these, to change the stats. Some of the values need to be adjusted, so we'll be fixing that. I don't have an ETA for that just yet but we'll keep you all updated once we know more. For now, I just want everyone to know that the values on a bunch of Talents will be changing, so bear with us. More news to follow.

For Infect: It looks like there is a new bug with that once the build went into the wild. We're looking into this and we'll let everyone know as soon as we can what will happen with that one.

SirRudyMan
18th Sep 2015, 09:53
In addition to gaining a free trial on an item for completing a tutorial you will now also earn 300 gold reward for completing a tutorial. It will be retroactively awarded to those people who have already completed those tutorials.

I finished all the tutorials a while ago, but haven't received any gold (retroactively)... :scratch:

Saikocat
18th Sep 2015, 10:15
I got a few other reports like that, I responded in the other thread about it but I've notified the team so they can fix it. That probably won't go through right away but we'll get that fixed :)

Zarxiel93
18th Sep 2015, 10:20
Why the Bloody Survivor skin is disapeared? I want to buy it!

FireWorks_
18th Sep 2015, 11:00
I agree with needing "new innovations" for certain games but nosgoths biggest problems by far are these : bugs and glitches still present in a beta game hardly getting worked out, disconnects and terrible hardware hosted servers and not enough regions (no South american servers so US east and west are filled with high ping South americans), random "innovations" not necessarily needed at this time..

I get that they are trying to balance while moving on the tether so to speak, but at the state this game is bug-wise and popularity wise, it wont make it another year if they just try and cram in all these new trees, forge and features (not to mention skins for purchase) when all these messed up bugs and mechanical issues(deceiver issues, disconnects, imbalance in ranked and it being filled with quitters) still stay strong ... This game needs an overhaul of how it operates in terms of progression, the team is constantly trying to progress upwards when they havent even built their foundation strong enough yet (cracks in the foundation being the iffy ranked matches with quitters galore, the new system of perks that guaranteed favors the new trying to desperately pull more in, the bugs that apparently only the vets realize and not even the devs/mods, mostly because they are solely working on the new features not even realizing there's many things to be done still on past issues) .

What keeps this games popularity at the minimum it is , is the competitiveness of the game, but who can even think about that when you constantly have an influx of new people (and old bugs) who just want to check out all the "cool features" they realize the games pretty awesome but not worth their time (long waits for unranked even in peak hours, ranked is always plagued with quitters and bad balance) so they spent a little money keeping this game afloat but ultimately it makes for a game to think it has enough leeway to be expanding when really it still needs to fix the cracks in its foundation. What im saying is, make the foundation stronger, sure we wont see any new players for a few months while they nail down the party system better, add more servers over the world, improve the strength of their servers (more desync in any 8 player deathmatch game i have ever seen) , and last but not least fix all the bugs with certain builds like tyrant charge abuse, deceiver footsteps AND floating issue, and summoners terrible small attack hitbox, but ultimately it will pull in SO MANY MORE players if Nosgoth was fixed in these ways. Many things are swept under the rug and even i ignore them, but its gettting to a point where i have to say something because the devs seem like they want to make the game bigger with more features when they should be focusing on strengthening their foundation so that they can add features after and have a much cleaner experience in which noobs can influx and not wanna rage quit due to imbalance of teams, bad servers, and many glitches in a small deathmatch arena game.

I love nosgoth but when I see decisions made solely to gain popularity red flags get raised because of the current state of the game, its simply not ready for more features and I know this tech tree isnt the last of these new features , work should be spent 100% on bugfixing and server additions for at least 3 months until they add more fancy unneeded stuff, but thats just me i guess everyone else doesnt mind the incredibly small population which ultimately is created because of all the issues i explained above (and most likely more ive forgotten).

This sums it up pretty well.

Sasha_Vykos
18th Sep 2015, 11:08
These talent system isn't really a "talent tree", thing that would have been more interesting. But, I have to say, I like the idea of these new perks and especially the fact that there are some perks that allow you to play better some specific abilites; the gameplay can only be affected in a positive way because the classes playstyle become more unique. Now, as you already mentioned, you really need to adress and modify some of the stats, but its fine to do that after the feedback of the players imo.

The thing that I really can't understand is how you can mess up something with every single update for 1 entire year? I know that the game is in beta, and its fine to find something wrong but, at this stage of the game, is clear that nobody tests the patches before the realese becuase the bugs are very very noticeable after even 1 single match. If this is the case, you can simply say that the players will test the patches and that these can be full of bugs: if you say it preventively, players will accept better the concept I think.

Saikocat
18th Sep 2015, 11:51

Bugs
When it comes to bugs and issues with the game, the team are working to stamp out more bugs. To help them prioritise that and make sure the most important or long-standing issues get resolved, can you link to threads for the issues you're having, or let us know in more detail? I'll pull that info together for them here, as it'll be helpful to have all the specific info together and help make sure that for instance longstanding issues you're still experiencing get taken care of. I'll keep raising the issues, so any detail you guys have on them is super helpful.

If there are issues you're experiencing that aren't here on the forum (the vet issues you mention), or aren't logged with support, we just need more info on those and then we can ensure the devs are alerted. If there's an issue you're having that isn't reported here, please let us know and then we can push it along here.

Servers
Unfortunately adding more servers isn't as simple as just that action in itself. What you could have for instance is that by splitting South America out to their own servers during Beta, is that you'll have new low activity servers there, and not be able to find good matches. Servers across other locations would be something we can look into, but is not an option just yet, I'm afraid.

LOFO1993
18th Sep 2015, 12:46
Could you please release a full list of the Talents for each class and at what level they are unlocked?

Ryugan34
18th Sep 2015, 13:34
Did you guys run out of idea when it came to tyrant's perks ?
None of them seems any good / useable, and are just generic talent .

Vampmaster
18th Sep 2015, 13:44
Did you guys run out of idea when it came to tyrant's perks ?
None of them seems any good / useable, and are just generic talent .

I'd still like to see a rough (I don't mean pinpoint accurate) hint of where the jump will land. That would make a good perk. Maybe Kinetic Shackle (Like Raziel is able to learn after getting Turel's soul) could be an increased stun duration from the jump attack or certain other types. Someone suggested elsewhere that being shot out of the air could still cause a bit of radial damage when he lands. Someone suggested bringing the jump cancelling glitch as an intentional feature.

Zarxiel93
18th Sep 2015, 13:47
But about the Bloody Survivor skin? Why is disapreared? Is a bug or you only remove that? If is the second option WHY YOU DON'T ADVISE ABOUT THAT? Something like "Hey guys, in the day X the Bloody Survivor skin will be removed" if I know this I will buy it... but DAMN, now I must wait the trade function and HOPE someone will trade it to me for another thing?

Harmaatukka
18th Sep 2015, 14:19
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/64592899.jpg

FireWorks_
18th Sep 2015, 14:24
Bugs
When it comes to bugs and issues with the game, the team are working to stamp out more bugs. To help them prioritise that and make sure the most important or long-standing issues get resolved, can you link to threads for the issues you're having, or let us know in more detail? I'll pull that info together for them here, as it'll be helpful to have all the specific info together and help make sure that for instance longstanding issues you're still experiencing get taken care of. I'll keep raising the issues, so any detail you guys have on them is super helpful.

If there are issues you're experiencing that aren't here on the forum (the vet issues you mention), or aren't logged with support, we just need more info on those and then we can ensure the devs are alerted. If there's an issue you're having that isn't reported here, please let us know and then we can push it along here.

Servers
Unfortunately adding more servers isn't as simple as just that action in itself. What you could have for instance is that by splitting South America out to their own servers during Beta, is that you'll have new low activity servers there, and not be able to find good matches. Servers across other locations would be something we can look into, but is not an option just yet, I'm afraid.

Thanks for taking it the constructive way. We already PMed about some of the 3v4 issues, but here is another one popping up every now and then: Nosgoth taking down the inet connection. People bring this up again and again, but it goes unnoticed by most others and rarely get attention.
http://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=170962
They drop from the game, get punish for reasons out of their hands and then they hated from the other players involved. But instead of looking at the reconnect as workaround or fixing the actual problem, the punishing got stepped up. Reddit, SE or Steam you find people being under totally harsh penalties for nothing.

Please fix this specific connection bug from Nosgoth.
Please look at ways of dealing with users and their bad connection. The reconnect was a good start. How about a pause function now so the game doesnt get destroyed the moment someone disconnects? (Often enough brought up in discussions)

Another bug I love leading to ingame desaster: Not being notified on the desktop (flashing taskbar). Oh boy how I got flamed when I finally showed up 3:30 late in the game with 4 deaths and my 3 teammates way behind. And I am not the only one afk at round start... (I posted this some while ago as thread and got a couple responses of others. I was so pissed when it happend last time during a ranked match, I also filed it as bug report via form again.)

What I expect "to trend" in next weeks party rank queue are party bugs. There are some party connection bugs that I know from my first days with Nosgoth over 1,5 years ago. My clan mates gave up on them quickly 30mins of buggin for 20mins match? If you only got 2 hours to play? The bug reports are still popping up every now and then in the forums exactly the way I knew them.
Please have a look at it.

If I could ask you for prority (aside from the new infect hotfix), Id beg to look at bugs affecting a normal 4v4 gameplay. Its something that ruins a lot, especially when looking at ranked and how emotional they can get over it.

Other polish? I still get stuck when feasting on corpses (report sent) and the inventory is a mess. A quality filter and manual sorting of items like a backpack in other games would be great.

PS: My personal bane: Some Achievents dont unlock. Drives me nuts... and no official confirmation.

kLauE187
18th Sep 2015, 15:31
Not wanna get offense here but that's just the random bla you hear everytime. "Reaching out with this..." but nothing will get fixed. A beta is to FIX bugs, not to add atleast 2-3 of them every patch because of non-existent QA. You could go that far and say Nosgoth is still in alpha-state because that's what it looks like for me if you see this from a development point of view.

Also not getting a coin-refund for all the perks i spent around 40k coins for is a joke. Time=Money. Makes no difference if i paid runestones for it or with coins. How about the 300k coins and 20k runestones i wasted for build which were based on perks? Why would i buy anything at all in the shop anymore when i can't be sure if you just remove them and leave me with nothing after?

KaininitePriestess
18th Sep 2015, 16:56
Not wanna get offense here but that's just the random bla you hear everytime. "Reaching out with this..." but nothing will get fixed. A beta is to FIX bugs, not to add atleast 2-3 of them every patch because of non-existent QA. You could go that far and say Nosgoth is still in alpha-state because that's what it looks like for me if you see this from a development point of view.

Also not getting a coin-refund for all the perks i spent around 40k coins for is a joke. Time=Money. Makes no difference if i paid runestones for it or with coins. How about the 300k coins and 20k runestones i wasted for build which were based on perks? Why would i buy anything at all in the shop anymore when i can't be sure if you just remove them and leave me with nothing after?

Technically, a beta period is when they're still creating the game and testing the bugs. And guess who the testers are! :D That's what we signed up for when we joined the game. Also, the "reaching out with this" is because - wait for it - Saikocat is taking the information to the devs so they can start working on a fix! Shocking, I know! :p She's not one of the devs, she's a community intermediary. She doesn't know what they're going to do to fix it, so she can't give definite answers about what they're going to do to take care of the bugs.

And buying things helps the devs get the money to make the game. That's why they made access in pay-only format at first. True, it's an open beta right now, but they still need the funds to help get the game made.

Halpachino
18th Sep 2015, 17:08

Agreed the least they could do is select a few community members who have a lot of experience with the game to test the patch for a few days before releasing it to the public instead of this non existent QA you have going on .

kLauE187
18th Sep 2015, 17:31
Technically, a beta period is when they're still creating the game and testing the bugs. And guess who the testers are! :D That's what we signed up for when we joined the game. Also, the "reaching out with this" is because - wait for it - Saikocat is taking the information to the devs so they can start working on a fix! Shocking, I know! :p She's not one of the devs, she's a community intermediary. She doesn't know what they're going to do to fix it, so she can't give definite answers about what they're going to do to take care of the bugs.

And buying things helps the devs get the money to make the game. That's why they made access in pay-only format at first. True, it's an open beta right now, but they still need the funds to help get the game made.

I know the difference between beta and alpha-state, but thanks trying to feed me with wrong information. I always love to read your biased arguments. I didn't knew devs need to earn money with this game, i thought everything is for free. But tbh i spent atleast 200€ for this game, but ripping me off my coins i worked my **** off doesn't help to still support them in future. I paid for something and they removed it. Easy solution would be to give me a refund or not? It's just the fact that it's way too much effort for them to refund it for everyone and they don't care at all about their customer as it seems. If i choose to change the product i sell for my customer in the last minute and just hand them out the new product without them knowing and refuse to give a refund, would you still keep buying from this company? I doubt it.

FireWorks_
18th Sep 2015, 17:55
Agreed the least they could do is select a few community members who have a lot of experience with the game to test the patch for a few days before releasing it to the public instead of this non existent QA you have going on .

@QA can do ****. They write down the bugs, they say the current state is ****. Then either @dev or @publisher decide to move anyway.

The bug databases for games have thousands of entries. Still it needs the @devs to fix them and this is not always easy.

About a year ago V_Zephonim was a bit active in this forum. He was and pressumably is still the QA lead for SE. He gave some pretty good insight to how things go, what he and his team are to blame for and what they can only watch like everyone else of us in the community.

and yes, Id love to spend time on actually bug- and playtesting things. Ive done this some time professionally during my studies.
But they only take US people or moderators for that so far.

edit: sadly most of the last posts will go likely unnoticed since they happen on the "weekend" and are not hot anymore on monday mornings...

riccetto80
18th Sep 2015, 18:10
Really sucks that there's no gold refunds. Time is an investment too, which we've now lost.

But let's be honest, this global infect bug proves that the QA team is actually just one guy that starts the game one time and tells everybody it's working.

Yeah is something i say since months and mnths, the patch are push out without testing at all, this bug clearly show this with no doubts.

Me too i spend gold from real money chest and me too i was screwed, less of others but still...

this is not the way to treat your customer.

and some of the abilities are CLEARLY unbalanced, dont need any feedback from community.

Ah, is not a personal attack but, damn, saikocat, how is possible you need eachtime contact the devs and ask and wait reply and to give back a feedback to community take you days and sometimes weeks/months? a community manager need to have a fast and deep connection with devs, not ping and hope someone will reply you back from devs.

and please dont tell me is not like this or i will wind and link the topic about crossair not centered, where you was unable to give info for weeks/months.

kLauE187
18th Sep 2015, 20:22
Eldrich still not nerfed. Hellstrike from 50% to 25%, meanwhile pounce from 50% to 10% which is way harder to hit and is back to uselessness. Also sprint/drawtime from scout untouched. Things who could counter different strategies got nullified now because they got overnerfed, good job on this like grenade-buff. Smart balancing team A+++. Shouldn't listen to people who have no clue about actual fair balancing. Haha

Firehex
18th Sep 2015, 20:47
Eldrich still not nerfed. Hellstrike from 50% to 25%, meanwhile pounce from 50% to 10% which is way harder to hit and is back to uselessness. Also sprint/drawtime from scout untouched. Things who could counter different strategies got nullified now because they got overnerfed, good job on this like grenade-buff. Smart balancing team A+++. Shouldn't listen to people who have no clue about actual fair balancing. Haha

Fully agree. +1

FireWorks_
18th Sep 2015, 20:59
I wonder who they were actually listening to... I honestly dont know.

Why so drastic changes... cutting things in half or doubling it? Smaller increments..? Nothing learned from summoner or vanguard nerf spree...

CptUncino
18th Sep 2015, 21:05
Well when the patch was relased i was quite happy... well okay.. there were bugs 'n stuff.... But why did you take back the leap attak speed and range as they were before? I really thought that could be useful (finally!) but meh... everyone was complaining about infect and hellstrike... imho leap and pounces new features were good.

Wolf_the_Legend
18th Sep 2015, 21:26
why the infect talent nerve ^^ .... no one could test it so far ... are u guys just rolling dices over there?! -.-

and ponce per nerv deluxe^^ ... the heck its like not existing now ... and was not even strong ...

ApollosBow
18th Sep 2015, 21:38

Agreed, I don't understand what way there going.....and the reverse patch gives the impression that neither do they.

Firehex
18th Sep 2015, 22:16
We want buff of pounces, not nerf ~__~ 95% of reavers use kick,because it's too good compare with current savage pounce.
P.S. and Saiko , answer about gold refund - is it pernament decision to refund ONLY runes ?? Because lots of people are angry about that. They spend lots of time to farm it.

Blackdeathteal
18th Sep 2015, 22:43
We want buff of pounces, not nerf ~__~ 95% of reavers use kick,because it's too good compare with current savage pounce.
P.S. and Saiko , answer about gold refund - is it pernament decision to refund ONLY runes ?? Because lots of people are angry about that. They spend lots of time to farm it.

100 Agree actually having to aim a savage pounce deserves some of that extra damage it has been one of my favourite moves since I started playing well over a year ago and its basically a joke build that new talent made it viable. Sentinals wing stab has been wildly overpowered for a long time , there are so many cookie cutter builds ie explosive bow auto spam shroud Scout , kick haste Reaver, illusions minion spam Deceiver teams Usually with Summoners . We need the variation often people jump to one class / spec for obvious reasons and it has gotten stale .

Da_Wolv
19th Sep 2015, 07:16
Nosgoth Update queued?!
What Sorcery is this?
A hotfix?
So close after a patch release?

http://i.imgur.com/aheeyhY.jpg

This, I think is your first real Hotfix ever. It was real bad (as bad as it really shouldn't have been), but you responded within 24h and the biggest bugs are gone.
Good Job. Really. Keep this up please, however many incantations and black magic was used to make this possible, keep it up.

As per the talent feedback, I'll go into that thread. Cya there.

SirRudyMan
19th Sep 2015, 13:10

I finished all the tutorials a while ago, but haven't received any gold (retroactively)... :scratch:

I got a few other reports like that, I responded in the other thread about it but I've notified the team so they can fix it. That probably won't go through right away but we'll get that fixed :)

Thank you Cat. Do you have an ETA on this? Cause I lost a lot of gold buying Perks, so getting gold from the tutorials will soften the blow a bit :(

cmstache
19th Sep 2015, 15:44
Personally, I like the changes to perks. Sure, it's still a work in progress. But, I don't think there's many experiences players who don't agree that certain perk + skill combinations were pretty OP, or sometimes even broken.

Gugulug5000
19th Sep 2015, 18:58
I like the new perk system. I haven't been able to play a match yet, but I think it looks quite promising, even though it's not really a talent tree. It doesn't really matter to me that it isn't a tree though. There is a typo in one of the talents, however. I can't remember the exact name of it, but I think it's called Raziel's Guidance, but you guys forgot to put an apostrophe on that one. It's a minor thing, but I thought I'd point it out. I look forward to seeing this system come together, just please don't overnerf things this time (the Vanguard and the Summoner are pretty bad now because they were overnerfed, but some of these talents may make them more viable).

I too did not get retroactive gold for doing the tutorials, but I'm glad people are looking into it.

I'm more concerned about all of the gold I lost from buying all of the previous perks though. I bought them all permanently back when they were all full price (I want to say they were 2250 or 2500 gold a piece, but it's been so long I can't remember; they were expensive though). Any word on us possibly getting gold back for that? It seems strange that this wasn't even considered with implementing the new system.

GenFeelGood
19th Sep 2015, 21:14
I am happy with the response time, but I feel you went a bit too far with some of the nerfs while not nerfing those that needed it more. The Reaver agility feels almost none existent now, I think it needs about half of what you took from it and all will be well.

Fatereaver
19th Sep 2015, 23:29
I appreciate the new options that the new "Talents" bring to the table, but I really do wish to see an actual Talent Tree, like was advertised, added to the game. The new Perks(they really are just perks 2.0) do provide more choices in your play-style, but an actual Talent Tree on top of that would in my opinion enhance play-style diversity by leaps and bounds.

Would also like to echo the displeasure of everyone who bought those perks with gold, what about our refund? I do consider time a currency, even more valuable than coin... Can not say I received any tutorial gold either to soften the blow.

Firehex
20th Sep 2015, 17:30
It would be nice to be able to choose talent for each ability at once, so make your own talent build.

Da_Wolv
21st Sep 2015, 07:09
The new Perks(they really are just perks 2.0) do provide more choices in your play-style, but an actual Talent Tree on top of that would in my opinion enhance play-style diversity by leaps and bounds.

Yes. I actually like it this way, because a Talent Tree has the tendency to make Higher Level players straight up more powerful than lower level players, which will make the skill gap even more apparent than it already is.
For a competitive game (as the devs claim this should be) its a huge red flag - at least to me.

Saikocat
21st Sep 2015, 09:49
Thank you Cat. Do you have an ETA on this? Cause I lost a lot of gold buying Perks, so getting gold from the tutorials will soften the blow a bit :(

The retroactive Gold from Tutorials you completed before should be going out this afternoon. We'll pop a reply in here once we've got word back that the Gold has been granted :)

Not wanna get offense here but that's just the random bla you hear everytime. "Reaching out with this..." but nothing will get fixed.

Well, I can tell you from our (Community Manager's) POV it's not random. We don't work on bugs ourselves but we do what we can to ensure they're highlighted and logged. If you guys are still experiencing outstanding issues or issues that aren't mentioned here on the forum (which was implied in the other post I'd quoted before), we want to make sure we have all the detail on those so we can bring them up again and stress which issues are most important for you guys.

edit: sadly most of the last posts will go likely unnoticed since they happen on the "weekend" and are not hot anymore on monday mornings...

Weekend posts don't go unnoticed/unread, we don't always get to reply though, Mondays can be pretty intense/busy, but we notice/forward/read everything :)

Saikocat
21st Sep 2015, 10:24
Aside from the above points, I just wanted to say we are looking over the feedback regarding Perk refunds. Thanks, all!

MuShYRoOM
21st Sep 2015, 10:53
I hope that the new perks get balanced soon, its just annoying to get blamed by "ESL-Pros" in ur team when u play as Prophet and dont use the op-eldrich guard with the 200% perk...

But about the Bloody Survivor skin? Why is disapreared? Is a bug or you only remove that? If is the second option WHY YOU DON'T ADVISE ABOUT THAT? Something like "Hey guys, in the day X the Bloody Survivor skin will be removed" if I know this I will buy it... but DAMN, now I must wait the trade function and HOPE someone will trade it to me for another thing?

asked myself the same, because you wrote that the Hunter "Bloody Survivor" Lighter skin will be available through the store after the League Ranking Beta ends. You never mentioned that it will only be available for a period of time.

SirRudyMan
21st Sep 2015, 11:57
Aside from the above points, I just wanted to say we are looking over the feedback regarding Perk refunds. Thanks, all!

You mean a refund (in gold) for all the Perks we bought with gold? That would be awesome :D

Saikocat
21st Sep 2015, 12:30
I checked in with the team about the Bloody Survivor skin. It was indeed limited in the store so it got removed a few days ago, but we'll be looking at bringing it back another way. Stay tuned.

Wolf_the_Legend
21st Sep 2015, 16:56
I hope that the new perks get balanced soon, its just annoying to get blamed by "ESL-Pros" in ur team when u play as Prophet and dont use the op-eldrich guard with the 200% perk...

ehm ... the shield + talent wasn't that much used in ESL and I dont think it´s OP ... it may look OP on paper, but nah ...

Saikocat
21st Sep 2015, 17:01
Hi everyone!

Just a quick but good update to share regarding the Perks purchases.

Later on today, we will now also be refunding any Gold you have spent on Perks before the Talent Tree change. That'll get processed later on today, so you won't have the Gold just yet, but it will arrive later on.

GenFeelGood
21st Sep 2015, 17:22
Are there plans to expand these perks, adding more of them and forming them into a real skill tree?

Diexna
21st Sep 2015, 17:53
Hi everyone!

Later on today, we will now also be refunding any Gold you have spent on Perks before the Talent Tree change. That'll get processed later on today, so you won't have the Gold just yet, but it will arrive later on.

I'm gonna have so much gold... again. ._.

Require more gold dumps.

Firehex
21st Sep 2015, 18:32

Huray! Finally we got answer about this problem :nut:

SirRudyMan
21st Sep 2015, 20:21
Hi everyone!

That is great news!! Thanks Cat :D

senjuj
21st Sep 2015, 20:49
thx for refund.

Sirfy1
21st Sep 2015, 22:54
I checked in with the team about the Bloody Survivor skin. It was indeed limited in the store so it got removed a few days ago, but we'll be looking at bringing it back another way. Stay tuned.

Might I suggest adding a counter to the limited items in the store? It seems that even beforehand there is no mention that items are limited...and not everyone who plays will check the forum or blog even if they are announced...so it would be nice to have some counter or something in the store that displays how many days left it'll be in-store.

As well as old items that will be deleted, giving a heads-up on what items will be 'expiring' or deleted. [Such as banners that will be retired and so on.]

Mel_sin
21st Sep 2015, 23:30
Might I suggest adding a counter to the limited items in the store? It seems that even beforehand there is no mention that items are limited...and not everyone who plays will check the forum or blog even if they are announced...so it would be nice to have some counter or something in the store that displays how many days left it'll be in-store.

As well as old items that will be deleted, giving a heads-up on what items will be 'expiring' or deleted. [Such as banners that will be retired and so on.]

THIS. SO MUCH. I wanted to wait for a Voucher before buying some Banners and/or the Bloody Survivor skin. Needless to say, when I finally got one, both of them were not available anymore.
Please let us know beforehand if you're about to remove something from the shop, to give us at least a last chance to get these items. :/

riccetto80
22nd Sep 2015, 02:36
Hi everyone!

received around 30.000 gold

i must apologies to saikocat, i was sarcastic and sure they will never refund the gold, i was wrong!

Saikocat
22nd Sep 2015, 14:32
Hey guys, the retroactive gold from Tutorials has gone out now as well!

Blackdeathteal
22nd Sep 2015, 15:15
Is there any chance of agilty getting a rebuff from the oblivion or at least a seperate launch speed talent :D

ProDoctoR1987
22nd Sep 2015, 15:21
THANKS for the GOLD refund !!!!!!!

riccetto80
23rd Sep 2015, 12:32
to me the fps dropped again with this patch, or is terrible server lag, dont know but the game run very bad and im tired of check why and how.

Fatereaver
25th Sep 2015, 13:33
Wanted to say thank you to the team for getting my gold back.

Firehex
30th Sep 2015, 09:14
Is there any chance of agilty getting a rebuff from the oblivion or at least a seperate launch speed talent :D

I hope mister "game balance guy "will read this and buff it back.