PDA

View Full Version : Tools to detect cheaters via NOSCAM

Whoopdidoohah
16th Sep 2015, 20:17
As title says, Nosgoth is at a point where it needs tools to detect cheating, more specifically, wallhacking, because it's basically the only form of hacking that is almost impossible to detect manually with the current system.

I'm thinking about the CS:GO peer review system where players could watch demos of games that had been tagged previously by people so that cheaters get caught and it would put much more credibility on truly skilled players instead of the unproveable hackusations that are flying around right now.

I can think of a few players who I'm suspecting such wallhax but it's almost impossible to tell with the current NOSCAM and VAC / Fairfight can't detect the cheats.

I fear that the upcoming october leagues and subsequent championships will be infested with cheaters that only use wallhacks as it is all that is necessary in Nosgoth anyways, and like I said impossible to detect unless you add more tools to the player's disposal.

Saikocat
18th Sep 2015, 11:45
Hiya!
If you suspect someone of cheating, definitely report them to our Support team. While I can't go into the specifics of how Fairfight and our anti-cheat measures work, there are things we can do to verify if someone is legit or indeed using wallhacks, aimbots, etc.

riccetto80
19th Sep 2015, 12:08
While I can't go into the specifics of how Fairfight and our anti-cheat measures work, there are things we can do to verify if someone is legit or indeed using wallhacks, aimbots, etc.

I assure you people who do cheats, are professional and do this to gain money.

As professional they already know how fayrfight work, and what kind of check you can do and as they keep update their hacks (most hacks are sell as monthly subscription, and are keep up/to date to counter new updates and new way the game try to detect the hack).

Basically the hacker are always 1 or more step away of the anticheat, the hacker know all about the game anti-cheat, the dev of anti-cheat dont know all of the cheat dev technical solution, they must run bh the hackers, lol.

Also, we never ask you deep and detailed info, we would like to know what happen as general idea.

So give us some info can be a good thing.

Unless you are 2-4-6 month bh to develop the anticheat, like for the ingame report system, so in this case is better dont say a word or even the most naab wannabe hacker will create hack for nosgoth in 5 minuts with "do your hack with this free universal hack package in 5 minuts, for dummies", lol.