PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix and our expectations

shawnkevin
20th Sep 2012, 11:33
I've been taking notice recently to a percieved downfall in the popularity of Square Enix in North America over the last ten years.
It seems to me that Square Enix has taken the toll of abanding the tradition RPG gameplay to carry on with the new generation and its demands for things like ridiculous graphics and, innovative gameplay and real time combat.
I say that is rubbish! I think that the people want the tradition gameplay to come back! The last 5 Final Fantasy releases have been dissapointing to me personaly, and do not even exemplify what Final Fantasy is really all about. I mean, its your company and your games- you may do what you like with your power- however: I've talked to a lot of people around my community, and if fans or money is what your aiming for, then you'd take my advice none too lightly.
The fans of Final Fantasy that I know want the vast storylines that are easy to understand (Final Fantasy XIII in my opinion, was a huge blur for just about everyone, I think), and we also want dynamic characters that have real personalities, and that are not annoying. I think that each of the Final Fantasy X party members had distinct flavorful personalities, each of which were enjoyable and beyond tolerable.*Tidus was relatable to just about every angsty teenager, Yuna dug the determining roots from benieth the modest girl, and Wakka's Besaid accent and smile was contageous for just about everyone. In my opinion, most of the Final Fantasy XIII characters are annoying, intolerable and just cheesey (Snow, Vanille, Fang, and Hope get on the last tip of my nerves everytime). 95% of the people around where I lived, that I asked, told me that Final Fantasy X was the last great Final Fantasy game.

So over all, plain and clear: Forget about the technology and current events, I want tradition. *

Grimoire
20th Sep 2012, 12:19
"[In my opinion,] Most of the Final Fantasy XIII characters are annoying, intolerable and just cheesey"

I disagree. Please respect the opinion of other people. It doesn't hurt to add a "I think that" or similar to your sentences, does it? Personally, I say that the FINAL FANTASY series has only become better and better (in*every aspect), with FINAL FANTASY XIII*at the top. However, I don't expect everyone to share my opinion.

I do not [necessarily] want tradition. I want a beautiful game with lovable characters and a gripping story. Therefore I say: Thank you, SQUARE ENIX. Keep it up!

---

I remember back when FFVII was released...there were so many complaints about Aerith being so deceitful, Cloud so mental...people hated Cait Sith for being too silly and Tifa for forcing her promise upon Cloud. Many fans back then compared FFVII to FFVI and said that the series had lost all sense of tradition.

Heh, some things never change. There will always be something for the "fans" to complain about, no matter what SQUARE ENIX does*or does not.

(I can't help but finding it a little amusing.)

member_10311806
20th Sep 2012, 17:31
Well i don't seem to like *the FFXV tech demo......it just seems like its lost its final fantasy-esque touch......although its just a tech demo and may not be used at all...i can't seem to grasp what it is i don't like about it, but it just feels unfamiliar.

member_10574297
20th Sep 2012, 18:47
I know what the people want, and if fans or money is what your aiming for, then you'd take my advice none too lightly.
The American people want the vast storylines that are easy to understand (Final Fantasy XIII was a huge blur for just about everyone, I think), and we also want dynamic characters that have real personalities, and that are not annoying. *Take notice that each of the Final Fantasy VII party members had distinct flavorful personalities, each of which were enjoyable and beyond tolerable.*Aeris was emotionally personal, Barret was haughty and angry, Cloud was cool and collected, and Cait Sith was humourously entertaining. Most of the Final Fantasy XIII characters are annoying, intolerable and just cheesey (Snow, Vanille, Fang, and Hope get on the last tip of my nerves everytime). 95% of the people around where I lived, that I asked, told me that Final Fantasy X was the last great Final Fantasy game.

So over all, plain and clear: Forget about the technology and current events, we want tradition. *

First of all no, you don't know what everyone wants. I loved every single FF game there is, understood the storylines and liked pretty much every character. The FFXIII cast have 'real personalities' because a LOT more people can connect with them than the other FF characters. I for one can connect the most with Vanille. And please stop bringing up FF7. Just because it was good doesn't mean that you and everyone else can use it as an expectation for other FF games. Every ff game is unique and different in their own ways. Every ff character is unique and different in their own ways and not everybody wants tradition either.*

Just please do not assume that what you want is what everyone else wants. Just because a large majority of people want what you want doesn't mean everyone else does.*

onigiri619
22nd Sep 2012, 03:12
Seriously, if you don't like how Square Enix is rolling, just say it.* Don't claim to be the voice of the fans.

shawnkevin
23rd Sep 2012, 19:41
My apologies for not inserting the "in my opinion," and the "I think that" parts. I'll edit my post and put that.*

And I wasn't speaking for everyone, I was speaking of all the people that I have personally talked to. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I was just speaking mine. I just feel that Final Fantasy is dead, and the newer titles should be called something more like "Final Science Fiction," or something like that.*

Like my overall statement before, I just think Square Enix would become more successful using tradition instead of button mashing, futuristic settings.*

member_10574297
23rd Sep 2012, 21:19
You mean like Kingdom Hearts' battle systems? I personally like both the traditional fighting style and the newer style because I've played enough 'old school' games and the more 'futuristic' games. :P Sorry to say that you don't like it but you might have to get used to it because I don't see Square going back anytime soon.*

shawnkevin
23rd Sep 2012, 22:34
More like the battle system in FFXIII, it was the main reason that I disliked the game. I enjoyed the broken down combat system, and the use of real tactics in the gameplay! I mean there are tactics in the battle system in FFXIII don't get me wrong! But its just not enjoyable like the previous ones. They oughta bring back the Mideaval themes :) I liked it a bunch.*

And i'm sorry too, maybe I'll just have to make a game of my own someday just for my own sheer enjoyment.*

Darkenheight
25th Sep 2012, 14:03
2 days old but I just registered and making first post so... yaya flame on !! *;)

Anyhow I actually agree in some respects that FF has lost what it was. *To me FF is and always should be like it was when i got hooked on it back in1989. *I have played and beaten every single FF game in the traditional series, all PSP titles, about half the nintendo portable titles I am aware of and own every FF title for Android. *

FFXIII was the biggest let down ever for me in any FF game. *Far too linear. *Story great. *Chracters great. Combat system fine by me. *But the fact I was able to beat the game in 22 hours played time compared to hundreds of hours play time before. *I remember the first time I played FFVII or FFX or dare I go back to the original it was at minimal twice the amount of time. *With hundreds of hours on replay to get everything. *FFXIII I literally had max everything within a week and was the only game I ever returned. *Ever. *

Even still I gave XIII-2 a try. *Little less linear but overall they didnt change the game much and in some respects limited some of the other options you had control over. *Still beat it still maxed everything still own this one, barely.*

I know a lot of people will put VII or X as the top 2 games, however for me it was and always will be the original Final Fantasy on Ninetendo becauses I probably clocked close to 1k hours play time in that game with how many different parties you could design. *I tried literally every combination of party I could think of. *So while some of you will speak volumes as to what is viewed winthin your circles. *Over 23 years of RPG gaming and all the hundreds of people I have contact with will largely agree that the FF franchise is nothing like it was and is losing what it meant to play Final Fantasy.

alanman178
26th Sep 2012, 15:02
FF1 offered more things to do than FF13 did.* A 25-yr-old game... Crazy. lol** In this post, I'm not going to say that more people love "X" game over "Y" game, or anything about what the series "should" be because, that can be argued 'till the end of time.* And, THAT'S the problem.* I know people who didn't like ff before because, it had "random encounters",*the games were "too long*and confusing", they didn't want to "read", and they didn't like the "turn-based" system.* They weren't really into*rpgs at all.* Then, FF13 is released.* They try it out and say things like, "It's the best one ever", or, "It's pretty much straight-forward, the graphics are awesome, and the battle system rocks!"* I asked them what else they loved about the game.* They said things like, "That's about it, really", or, "I'm just glad they took out all that*other nonsense that was in the previous games.* Just give me a story with lots of action."* I asked them what their favorite genre is....* "1st-person shooters mainly.* But, I'll give these FF games a shot if they keep making games like 13."

Square-Enix's whole "creating-a-broader-fan-base" thing really is bringing in more fans.* But, at the same time, they are upsetting a lot of fans by removing some of the things they've loved about the series for so many years.*

Let's think outside of the genre for a minute.* What if there was a 1st-person shooter series of 12 games that always had*a lot of*weapons,*maps, and a co-op system*that people have loved for years.* Then, the 13th game*offers half the amount of the weapons and*maps*they're used to getting, and offers no co-op.* The company decides that they want people to focus primarily on the story.* This is great for those who don't care for co-op and just want the story.* But, what about the rest of the fans?* They buy that 13th game in the series expecting to see improvements and new additions to what they've loved for so long.* Then, they see they're*getting almost the exact opposite.* Should they be upset?**People expect certain things to be altered a little bit with each new installment.* Do they always like those changes? No.* But, at least those elements are still there.**It's the reduction, dumbed-down, or complete removal, of things that ticks people off.

There are a group of people defending one game, while the others are defending an entire series.** The real argument isn't about which game is better.* It's about Square not staying true to its roots.* That's what it is, whether you're a fan of the series or not.* As for "What the people of North America want from Square-Enix"....* Things are*messed up these days, so that's something that would have to be voted on.*

Geno
27th Sep 2012, 14:49
What I'd like to see from Square is some more Nintendo support. FFXIII Collection on Wii U, anyone? You know it's inevitable that they bundle XIII, XIII-2, etc, into some Collector's Edition. And Nintendo barely get any FF games. Xenoblade and Last Story sold very well. Why no Final Fantasy?

IvoryShade
28th Sep 2012, 14:34
Sick of waiting for SEM to restore the RPs? Want to RP with the original users Yuna4242, IvoryShade, or Rixele, OR MORE. RP Source is a site created for the SEMs forgotten by the SEM admin team who appear to refusing to bring back the groups. We welcome you to join us. Sign up is free, but beware of any tech difficulties as the site has a few. Sign up is free, so plese come join us today! I miss all my rp buddies. thefallenrpers.webs.com/ (http://thefallenrpers.webs.com/)

Also like a sorta relating page on FB:

www.facebook.com/FormerSquareEnixMembers (https://www.facebook.com/FormerSquareEnixMembers)

Popcicle
28th Sep 2012, 14:46
Elyl Knecht, you're free to role-play on these forums in the game relevant area on threads you create. Groups aren't required for RP.

Also we aren't refusing to restore groups. While the function is currently locked, we do have plans to restore it in the future.

IvoryShade
28th Sep 2012, 15:38
When?

vitornavarrete
28th Sep 2012, 16:46
I remember back when FFVII was released...there were so many complaints about Aerith being so deceitful, Cloud so mental...people hated Cait Sith for being too silly and Tifa for forcing her promise upon Cloud. Many fans back then compared FFVII to FFVI and said that the series had lost all sense of tradition.

Heh, some things never change. There will always be something for the "fans" to complain about, no matter what SQUARE ENIX does*or does not.

(I can't help but finding it a little amusing.)

My childhood friends and I had this little habit of badmouthing every single new Final Fantasy that released for the first three~six months after release. We started playing VI, but noone finished that because we were all about Chrono Trigger. The VII came, it was awesome, then follows
After VIII release: Da ***** is this s*itty junction system? (Talking kinda like Cid) Where are the materias?

After*IX release: Where is the futuristic stuff? I wanna to drive a car and a spaceship again. How is the thief the main character? It can't even use a decent sword. Four members in a party, are you kidding?

After*X release: I wanna text and four characters back. I don't wanna hear them talking. Were is the active time bar?

But, by the time XII was released we had already grown up and accepted that one may or may not be pleased by I new Final Fantasy and with time you may or may not get used to it. People are still complaing about FF XIII because XV has yet to be released but, as soon as it make to the stores, people will star complaining about it. And there will be people that will go and say FF XIII was the last game in the series. If they stopped making sequels people would let FF XIII alone, but, as long as they do new games people will complain.

But I will tell you people what is the problem "with" Final Fantasy XIII. It isn't exclusive of SE or FF. It's a problem of the industry as a whole and it's called HD graphics. I'm not saying they are bad and shouldn't be used, hell no. But lots of developers, and a lot of them are japanese, are still getting things togheter after the transition from SD to HD. Final Fantasy XIII was short, yes it was, but almost every other single games was shorter than their previous entries in previous generations. But, many games can compensate it with a mutiplayer that gives an extra life to the game. FF can't do this, actually it can, but I don't know if I want to see it. People also tend to forget that as you grown so do your abilities, if you didn't play, let's say, FF I, but finished every other main FF, then you go and play FF on the NES, it won't be an easy game, but it will be a lot easier than if it was your first FF and you were 10 years old. And games are gettin easier to be more accessible, there are some exceptions, but only a few of them. So, this is not a SE or FF problem, is how games are being made now. And, if you do want a new old scholl game, go play FF Dimensions, you will be pleased.

Another problem is that Square is releasing fewer games on consoles, due to the fact that a console game requires more time and money to be done. I satisfy the void with the portable games they release, there are a lot of them and some very good gems in there. I'm sure that people would complain less if they give them a try. Also, Square localize Type-0 for NA and EU. Your fans are begging for it.

I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, though. This generation started and SE was still finishing the engine that was used to do FF XIII. The next generation will start in the next months with the WiiU and SE already revealed Luminous Engine. Heck, we don't even know if WiiU will be capable of running it without some proper downscale first. Maybe even next plataforms from Sony and MS won't be able to do so. That's a very powerful engine that they made. I hope it'll make it easier for the staff to create games on it. Then, maybe, we will se more games

onigiri619
1st Oct 2012, 03:25
How well do you think*has Square Enix been doing in terms of games that they release?* Have they been*meeting your expectation or have they not?* I'm kinda behind in recent games as I only own a PS2 and PSP (need to upgrade someday T_T) so I'm still have no real opinion to say much about recent games like recent Final Fantasy games or Dream Drop Distance or Guardian Cross.* I just wanna know a bit on how others feel about the direction that Square Enix has been rolling.

new_tradition
1st Oct 2012, 03:43
Do you mean the Japan branch making the games, or this NA (and I suppose EU) branch that localize the games?

If you mean the localizations, so far, I can't say I'm unhappy. I'm averaging out to at least one S-E game per year I'd like to buy, where as other companies have a couple of years gap in regards to game purchases.

Then again, I don't have as much time to game as I used to, and I'm cheap to boot, so unless it's a game I really want and actively keep reading info on, I can wait for games to go down pricing *shrugs*

onigiri619
1st Oct 2012, 21:41
Do you mean the Japan branch making the games, or this NA (and I suppose EU) branch that localize the games?

If you mean the localizations, so far, I can't say I'm unhappy. I'm averaging out to at least one S-E game per year I'd like to buy, where as other companies have a couple of years gap in regards to game purchases.

Then again, I don't have as much time to game as I used to, and I'm cheap to boot, so unless it's a game I really want and actively keep reading info on, I can wait for games to go down pricing *shrugs*

Sorry, I'll try to clarify it a bit.

I'm referring to how you think Square Enix is doing as a whole.* It can range from how they disclose information to the public, to how they do make their games, to how they price and sell their games and add-ons, to how their prospects are looking.

member_10751449
1st Oct 2012, 21:47
I think their main flagships (FF and KH) have been doing fine.* Despite the older fan base hating the direction of FF13 took.* Which some feel the 13 series is a great video game, but not a great FF game and should not be included in the mainseries or be a spin off like FFC/FFT.

I'm really wishing they make another Saga game.

radhicks
9th Oct 2012, 17:33
I Dont understand. Why isnt Final Fantasy Type Zero not having an english release? And a friend told me bravely Default isnt either! These awesome looking games and we wont get to play them! Im so bummed Square Enix you guys keep dropping the ball. Its like you dont want to take my money. Bring back the old Squaresoft please. I liked you so much mere back then.

Soapstone
24th Oct 2012, 15:11
i agree, SE seems to be more concerned about making money than listenign to what their fans want, they have practically become one of the biggest video game monopolies now!

as for bravely default, the most i know is that it is supposed to be the sequel to FF the 4 heroes of light. as such i am sure it will be released here, and i am sure it will end up being like FF3 for psp was (given 1 week notice that we were getting it, right after the jp version came out, i however am pissed off its only on psn and NOT UMD like the anniversary edition of FF1, 2 and 4 are, SE really dropped the ball there!) i am sure we wont hear any news until it is about to come out, they did that with the DS DQ games as well. bad plannign if u ask me to not give us a heads up!

now i have no idea what the hold up is on type-0 and why SE released FF Theatrhythm, FF3 and FF Dimensions in the space of a year, when people have been waiting for localization of Type-0, we get NONE at E3 or at the 25th anniversary event. ther is also STILL no onews on when FF Versus 13 is coming out, nor where the game is actually at, or anything about it at all.

SE has also dropped many of their long time series: USA did not get the DS remakes of saga 2 and 3, the last time we saw them were in black and white on the original gameboy as the FF Legend games, now they are in full color and in stereo on the ds. also there is no new saga game for the ps3, and the ps3 has been out for a while, i used to own saga frontier, never had saga frontier 2, but i do own unlimited saga and romancing saga.

now, be patient for type-0 i am sure SE is working on it, if they arent they have seriously let me down! the game needs to be released on UMD as it is a huge game, being 2 umds, as well as having data install (700+mb for disc 1, 1200+mb for disc 2). also the game is in serious need of a strategy guide, it is massive!

Type-0 has an explorable world map, chocobo breeding, a controllable airship, several sidea areas and dungeons, optional bosses, a huge multiplayer feature, 14 controllable characters (each with their own weapon and play style), a ton of sidequests, etc. i know this cuz i imported it for my bday back in may, i am now in my 4th playthrough, 120+hrs into it, and still havent seen and done everything due to the language barrier!.

emirhanfx
24th Oct 2012, 15:17
i agree, SE seems to be more concerned about making money than listenign to what their fans want, they have practically become one of the biggest video game monopolies now!

as for bravely default, the most i know is that it is supposed to be the sequel to FF the 4 heroes of light. as such i am sure it will be released here, and i am sure it will end up being like FF3 for psp was (given 1 week notice that we were getting it, right after the jp version came out, i however am pissed off its only on psn and NOT UMD like the anniversary edition of FF1, 2 and 4 are, SE really dropped the ball there!) i am sure we wont hear any news until it is about to come out, they did that with the DS DQ games as well. bad plannign if u ask me to not give us a heads up!

now i have no idea what the hold up is on type-0 and why SE released FF Theatrhythm, FF3 and FF Dimensions in the space of a year, when people have been waiting for localization of Type-0, we get NONE at E3 or at the 25th anniversary event. ther is also STILL no onews on when FF Versus 13 is coming out, nor where the game is actually at, or anything about it at all.

SE has also dropped many of their long time series: USA did not get the DS remakes of saga 2 and 3, the last time we saw them were in black and white on the original gameboy as the FF Legend games, now they are in full color and in stereo on the ds. also there is no new saga game for the ps3, and the ps3 has been out for a while, i used to own saga frontier, never had saga frontier 2, but i do own unlimited saga and romancing saga.

now, be patient for type-0 i am sure SE is working on it, if they arent they have seriously let me down! the game needs to be released on UMD as it is a huge game, being 2 umds, as well as having data install (700+mb for disc 1, 1200+mb for disc 2). also the game is in serious need of a strategy guide, it is massive!

Type-0 has an explorable world map, chocobo breeding, a controllable airship, several sidea areas and dungeons, optional bosses, a huge multiplayer feature, 14 controllable characters (each with their own weapon and play style), a ton of sidequests, etc. i know this cuz i imported it for my bday back in may, i am now in my 4th playthrough, 120+hrs into it, and still havent seen and done everything due to the language barrier!.

really dude whereever u write something is really true. at first they would make good things as fans like but now its like only its about making money..

Soapstone
25th Oct 2012, 02:28
i am not the only one that feels this way, if you visit gamefaqs.com forums for Type-0 and Versus 13, many peopel feel the same and feel that SE has become contrived money grubbing jerks that only care about money, rather than putting out any quality games any more, also a friend of mine said that SE somehow joined with sony play station and there was an actual quote stating that SE just wants to make money, i dont know where she found it but it is out there somewhere.

i am sure that SE is trying to gain the money back they lost with FF11 and FF14, expecially is apparent with the revamp of FF14, and even that cost them a lot of time and money they arentlikely ever to recover, the fact they are in the crapper financially (even though they own stock in eidos, magazine companies, other vidoe game companies, etc. shows by the fact that we have to pay for all the important dlc for FF13-2.

the fact they have gone into the crapper shows even more by them running the story of FF13 into the ground, first off, they make lightning the central main character, she isnt! she is on the cover of FF13 and FF13-2, however if you play 13 you would know that there is equal game time bewteen the 6 characters, as the game switches back and forth between them before they join up in ch9. in fact if you pay attention the narrator of the story is vanille! she does the narration in the purge sequence, and something she sais during that sequence is made reference to the scene you see between her and hope in the yachis massiff later on in the game. she is also on the cover of FF13-2, and yes her role is important, being etro's chamion and all, but the game was about serah and noel! if anything the cover should have had serah, noel and mog on it! lightning is barely in the game, and SE, still trying to make her the main character try to fix this with the DLC, as well as with LR: FF13 (in which she is the only playable character). but after the direction they sent the story in FF13-2, i dont see any saving of the story and dont see how anyone can be truly happy at the end of 13-3!

kamany
4th Nov 2012, 22:12
Chrono Break!* That is all.

Dkside
5th Nov 2012, 19:53
Umm.. Just a thought, but don't companies ALWAYS try to make money? How else would they function in the real world?* 0_o

I'm of the opinion that the reason why you don't see more of these titles localized is simply related to cost and demand.* Porting a game to North America (or anywhere else for that matter) can come at a huge production cost in a lot of cases.* With the shift in popularity towards western style RPGs, it's always a risk to make a title successful here.* There have been a great many games that have been ported from various Japanese companies*that resulted in only moderate success here.* Combine this with the number of aquisitions that SE has made over the last few years, and you could see why they may be leary of releasing a game here that isn't necessarily a AAA title.* Enough time passes, and the games in question*may be localized and make everyone happy.* Only time will tell though.

hmzfier
5th Nov 2012, 23:04
I would suggest waiting a little longer. ^^

I really want type-0 to be out as well (really really interested) but I think there are many hurdles regarding releasing it to the PSP since no one really buys PSP games anymore. As to whether they're porting it to the vita, I don't know but I do have hopes they will. In the meantime, just be patient and wait for the good news, as well as the other games they are currently making! :D

SolidSoldier
6th Nov 2012, 07:24
Hello first post ever!! But what I wanna say I personally miss the exploration of the worlds! Where you got to run around on foot from one side of the world to another, or ride a chocoholic to get there. Or have a boat or the epic airships which I really loved final fantasy for. Oh and the different equipments you can have on your character and just a weapon and accessory and shield!
I've loved everything they have do so far in thirteen, what with the combat system, graphics,story. But I'm really missing the open world things, and I feel it started with 10 when you got on the airship but was not able to actually fly it, that killed me inside a little and from their I understood where the future games were going in terms of direction. But I always hope lol.

souporman
6th Nov 2012, 17:31
Wow, I didn't even realize *until just now that Type Zero isn't getting localized. Damn.

Calin35z
19th Dec 2012, 15:23
Is anyone else tired of Square Enix I was really dissapointed that they didn't put one of their characters in all stars and the only final fantasy game I've wanted has been delayed for 6 years.

I not always their fault but they've been dropping the ball alot.

immasquare
19th Dec 2012, 15:41
dude i feel you im starting to hate square enix something has changed and i dont like it at all. And this website is terrible i registered a game(which took forever a complete waste of time) and im still a lvl 1 member. I dont have the time or money to buy all their games for a prize that prob isnt worth it this is the last time i give square enix money. I feel stupid for even becoming a member immasquare for a username is excatly how i feel right now immasquare no more

Grimoire
19th Dec 2012, 16:16
If you "hate" this company, I would recommend you to spend your time doing something more rewarding. That's all I have to say.

immasquare
19th Dec 2012, 17:31
exactly, there no point using this website. that all im saying so other people dont have to deal with it lol thanks for proving my point*

immasquare
19th Dec 2012, 17:43
sry im not trying to argue im just trying to warn people so they dont waste their time and money thinking their gonna get a reward. It specifically states on the product registration card to register your product at square enix member and get rewarded. if it would have said register to build up points and eventually get rewarded that would make more sense*

member_10751449
19th Dec 2012, 22:56
Is anyone else tired of Square Enix I was really dissapointed that they didn't put one of their characters in all stars

That has nothing to do with Square Enix, that is all Sony.* I wanted to see a kingdom hearts character in ps all star, but that is up to once again SONY.* Speaking of which, that is what kilt me from buying the game.

member_10628951
20th Dec 2012, 01:40
I think that is actually up to Sony AND Square Enix. Sony cant put Square Enix characters in PS All Stars without Squares permission. And Superbot (the developers of the game) have stated that Sony has talked to Square about characters. So there's that...

But "hating" the company is a bit much. There's things that I don't like every now and then but I still enjoy the games. But like Gravity said if you really have that much distain for the company you probably shouldn't come to the forums that talk about these games. Surely there is some game that has released recently that you can like? Maybe I can help? Describe for me a game that you would enjoy.

stealth
20th Dec 2012, 16:44
I am dissapointed in square for alot bigger reasons

stealth
20th Dec 2012, 17:16
"
Square Enix

Jason Schreier writes:*Oh, Square Enix. How you've changed over the years.

It wasn't even a decade ago that you were the world's premiere RPG maker, a company that cranked out console role-playing games with fearlessness and tenacity. You weren't afraid to take risks. You weren't afraid to fail.

Something's changed, and 2012 has been emblematic of that evolution more than any year before it. You've focused much more of your energy on mobile and browser games, the type of products that are cheap to make and profitable. You've stopped caring about American JRPG fans. Maybe because you don't think there are enough of us. Maybe because you just have other priorities. I don't know. But it's depressing.

I don't mind*the social/mobile stuff (http://kotaku.com/5920568/an-open-letter-to-the-creators-of-final-fantasy). I really don't. I love playing games like*The World Ends With You*on my iPad, and I don't blame you for trying to make a profit on browser games, which Japan eats up. But where are the console RPGs? What used to be your bread and butter? In 2012, the one RPG you released in America was a sequel to*Final Fantasy XIII. You've completely ignored us when it comes to your big, console-style portable RPGs like*Bravely Default (http://kotaku.com/5969398/hey-square-enix-where-the-hell-is-bravely-default)*and*Final Fantasy Type-0. And you refuse to say a word about them.

So next year—and in the years to come—I hope you look back and remember what made you so great in the first place. Remember your great old franchises—SaGa,Chrono,*Mana. Remember the console RPG. Your fans are waiting."

AyaFarron
20th Dec 2012, 18:10
Ugh. I hate when people pull the ol' "SQUARE ENIX CHANGED" Really?
They want so desperately to cling to the old games, if SE NEVER change it would be much much worse.

Some people just hate change. I think they have a name for that..hmm..*

stealth
20th Dec 2012, 20:00
I think jason nailed it. Look at squares upcoming games. All non rpg casual shovelware mobile crap that nobody asks for. A sequel to a disaster ff 13, ect

and they leave there best games in japan*

member_10628951
20th Dec 2012, 20:35
Don't you think you're going a little overboard?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I don't have a problem with people on each side. But I think constantly talking about how bad Square Enix is doing in your opinion (and I am sure a sizable part of the fanbase) as a whole is a bit much.

AyaFarron
20th Dec 2012, 21:18
Don't you think you're going a little overboard? Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I don't have a problem with people on each side. But I think constantly talking about how bad Square Enix is doing in your opinion (and I am sure a sizable part of the fanbase) as a whole is a bit much.

No! Square has to do what I want them to otherwise they are a bad company!

member_10628951
20th Dec 2012, 21:38
Don't you think you're going a little overboard? Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I don't have a problem with people on each side. But I think constantly talking about how bad Square Enix is doing in your opinion (and I am sure a sizable part of the fanbase) as a whole is a bit much.

No! Square has to do what I want them to otherwise they are a bad company!

Doesn't really help :(.

We're all fans here. Lets just not be at each others throats.

alanman178
20th Dec 2012, 21:54
I think it's perfectly fine and normal for a consumer to complain about a company.* I think it's wrong to attack those people, especially when they have a valid argument and a reasonable demand.* What better place is there to gripe about Square-Enix than in the Square-Enix Forums?* lol

souporman
20th Dec 2012, 22:36
Meh, I stopped reading Kotaku a year or so ago.

aznboiray
20th Dec 2012, 23:51
For a company to survive, they must always adabt and change and create new innovative ideas.

My problem with Square currently is i feel that they are focusing their resources on the wrong direction.

I feel that the best and most profitable method for Square Enix is to focus their attention on making the best games possible for both their home and portable consoles. The ps Vita has no games. The console itself is 10 times better than the 3DS but the 3DS actually has games i would buy the console for where as currently the ps Vita don't Square Enix also has to do something about that rediculous price tag on the ps vita and the hidden sd card fee. The ps vita should allow any sd card to be used or cut the prices for the ps vita sd cards.

EvilDisco
21st Dec 2012, 03:02
I am a member a few other official game forums and I hear this all the time. The woes of someone asking why this and that and "lets go back to our roots" kinda of thread. Fact is that gaming is changing fast and faster each year. There are a lot more devices that people need/want games or media on. The hard core games that fans have been waiting for, take more time and more money to create. SE is a Japanese company as we all know. Portable consoles and mobile devices are in high demand in japan. That is a higher focus as of late on lots of companies around the world as well. With more time between the next release of a anticipated game it feels like the fans have been forgotten. With the fast paced world we have to remember to be patient some things still take time, and can be frustrating.

stealth
21st Dec 2012, 09:24
Just so people are clear I am hard on square because they used to be good.*

They havent had profit in a few quarters and part of it, is there turning there backs on reason.

AyaFarron
21st Dec 2012, 09:52
For a company to survive, they must always adabt and change and create new innovative ideas.

My problem with Square currently is i feel that they are focusing their resources on the wrong direction.

I feel that the best and most profitable method for Square Enix is to focus their attention on making the best games possible for both their home and portable consoles. The ps Vita has no games. The console itself is 10 times better than the 3DS but the 3DS actually has games i would buy the console for where as currently the ps Vita don't Square Enix also has to do something about that rediculous price tag on the ps vita and the hidden sd card fee. The ps vita should allow any sd card to be used or cut the prices for the ps vita sd cards.

Square Enix doesn't own Sony. They don't make the prices for the PS Vita.

hyne--
21st Dec 2012, 10:08
Like there are people who simply attack the company just because it's hip, there are people blindly defending it. You should not dismiss criticism just because it is what it is; a negative feedback.

Moreover, Jason Schreier is right. There's too much focus on social/mobile/mmo. Square Enix needs to remember it's not those types of products that put them into the AAA video game company category, but those that are now in a way neglected.

aznboiray
21st Dec 2012, 10:12

Square Enix doesn't own Sony. They don't make the prices for the PS Vita.

lol thanks for correcting i got side tracked while ranting and forgot what i was talking about. I just meant to say i really think Square Enix should focus on their brand titles to all platforms and release all of them in America.

member_10706996
21st Dec 2012, 11:08
Each FINAL FANTASY in the series is intended to have a different atmosphere/story aside from the reoccuring elements of what primarily make a FINAL FANTASY. You can tell that the developers are trying their best to improve from the feedback of fans. One example is FINAL FANTASY XIII and they've added things that were criticized in the first game to be lacking and then included in FINAL FANTASY XIII-2. They intend to do the same with LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII as well. Plus, developing games isn't an easy task. You can't really say they didn't at least try to resolve those issues. It's like biting the hand that feeds you.

If anyone feels like SQUARE ENIX has drifted too far away from their older formulas, they haven't entirely, I'd suggest looking into BRAVELY DEFAULT: FLYING FAIRY as it has the classic/nostalgic battle system and a story similar to older FINAL FANTASY games.

aznboiray
21st Dec 2012, 14:47
Each FINAL FANTASY in the series is intended to have a different atmosphere/story aside from the reoccuring elements of what primarily make a FINAL FANTASY. You can tell that the developers are trying their best to improve from the feedback of fans. One example is FINAL FANTASY XIII and they've added things that were criticized in the first game to be lacking and then included in FINAL FANTASY XIII-2. They intend to do the same with LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII as well. Plus, developing games isn't an easy task. You can't really say they didn't at least try to resolve those issues. It's like biting the hand that feeds you.

If anyone feels like SQUARE ENIX has drifted too far away from their older formulas, they haven't entirely, I'd suggest looking into BRAVELY DEFAULT: FLYING FAIRY as it has the classic/nostalgic battle system and a story similar to older FINAL FANTASY games.

I would love to look into Bravely Default but i can't because its not out in english...

stealth
22nd Dec 2012, 09:07
dont even mention bravely default. Square is so stupid they wont even localize there quality titles, the 1 or 2 that are left a year

nasos_333
23rd Dec 2012, 12:40
My top wanted JRPGs this generation, Bravely Default, Ni no Kuni, Type-0 and Grand Knight Saga are all Japan only

It is getting so desparate for JRPG fans like me, i dont know what else to do than start learning Japanese and importing games and systems, which is the ultimate frustrating way of playing my favourite games

The hate i have for these companies is immesurable, even though they have given me some amazing moments in the (distant) past

I wont even go to the silly excuses they make up to justify not brining the games over, even though can easilly be done digitally now

member_10706996
23rd Dec 2012, 13:29
My top wanted JRPGs this generation, Bravely Default, Ni no Kuni, Type-0 and Grand Knight Saga are all Japan only

It is getting so desparate for JRPG fans like me, i dont know what else to do than start learning Japanese and importing games and systems, which is the ultimate frustrating way of playing my favourite games

The hate i have for these companies is immesurable, even though they have given me some amazing moments in the (distant) past

I wont even go to the silly excuses they make up to justify not brining the games over, even though can easilly be done digitally now

Actually Nasos, Ni no Kuni is being released to North America pretty soon. If you check Gamestop, their release date is 01/22/13.

www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Ni%20no%... (http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Ni%20no%20Kuni%20Wrath%20of%20the%20White%20Witch)

nasos_333
23rd Dec 2012, 15:48

Actually Nasos, Ni no Kuni is being released to North America pretty soon. If you check Gamestop, their release date is 01/22/13.

www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Ni%20no%... (http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Ni%20no%20Kuni%20Wrath%20of%20the%20White%20Witch)

The reason i like some of these games so much is the 2D art, the PS3 Ni no Kuni uses a 3D world unlike the DS 2D artistic version, which is the one i want the most

stealth
23rd Dec 2012, 16:38

You arent getting type zero and grand knight history because xseed and square are stupid

namco seems to care about rpgs again.*

nasos_333
23rd Dec 2012, 16:48
Started learning Japanese right away, it is not that hard actually :)

www.freejapaneselessons.com/register_con... (http://www.freejapaneselessons.com/register_confirm.cfm)

stealth
23rd Dec 2012, 19:20
I had to learn too due to other companies, now square is just bleh

RoyalJam
25th Dec 2012, 19:00
Just so people are clear I am hard on square because they used to be good.*

They havent had profit in a few quarters and part of it, is there turning there backs on reason.

They are expected to turn a proft of about 42 million at the end of their fiscal year in March 31st 2013. *

stealth
25th Dec 2012, 19:01
and yet they provided no forecast of how they get there. In the meantime they are in the red

RoyalJam
25th Dec 2012, 19:07

I think most fans were upset with the bad script and story telling behind FF 13. *They did improve some things in the sequel and I love Noel but the story got even worse. *FF fans can forgive a lot of things but when your story and characters don't connect with us plus the script is horrible then there are problems. *Square has abandoned the basics of RPG. *

I think FF 13's story would have been told well had it not been for them cutting the game down to size because of the Lamebox. *It doesn't matter though, I just want Ito's team and Nomura to handle FF until another team is good enough to carry one. *

member_10400781
4th Jan 2013, 12:23
Yes, I am disappointed with Square Enix lately and I've been a big fan since childhood. It's mostly the fact that the big titles they claim to release never see the light of day. Final Fantasy Versus was the reason why I bought a PS3 and god knows if that'll ever be released. I'm also a fan of the kingdom hearts series and don't get me wrong...I like the sidegames they've released but can we have Kingdom Hearts 3 already? you know...the one EVERYONE wants?*

Or what about Final Fantasy XIV? Ok. I'll give it to them. At least they released it. But the quality was so terrible that they had to go back into development and remake it. FFXIII was alright to me. That was it. Just "alright". But they decide to make a FFXIII-2 AND a FFXIII-3?!?!

I really think SquareEnix needs to reconsider their entire staff. -.-
And I mean the ENTIRE staff. The bozos that created the crap quality, the testers that said it "worked", and the people at the top that gave such a poor project the green light to begin with. Poor decision making all around.*

stealth
6th Jan 2013, 08:33
I mean how can you be proud of

<ul class="browserGrid ByThree">

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - A game that failed and nobody cares about

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII - A game that failed and nobody cares about

TOMB RAIDER - A game that is getting lambasted
HITMAN HD: TRILOGY - port

Qwirkle -mobile shovelware
Motley Blocks-mobile shovelware

HITMAN: ABSOLUTION - A game getting worst of the year awards

Gameglobe - shovelware?

Its an embarrassing lineup

[/list]

Grimoire
6th Jan 2013, 21:47
So that makes me a Nobody?

StarCrapTV
7th Jan 2013, 06:34
square is lame these days.. they pump out garbadge like final fantasy 13 and 13 2 and lightning returnes.. which are my very least fav ff games to date.. but wont localize amazing games like dragonquest monsters 3ds and bravely default flying fairy.. like for gods sake they probably wont even localize the dragon quest 7 remake for 3ds even tho the series saw huge success in the west with the DS remakes and DQ9... and lord knows when or if we will ever see FF type 0.. like they are just being absolutly rediculus if you ask me.. they have RPG gold like bravely default but have "nop plans of localizing it" for christs sake they are really making me very very angry i cant count on or hope for anything from them anymore and they were at one time my fav company.

StarCrapTV
7th Jan 2013, 06:35
im just going to have to friggin learn japanise i guess

Grimoire
7th Jan 2013, 07:17
Well, that's what I did. And it's well worth the time and effort!

SiiN
10th Jan 2013, 10:53
FF13 & 13-2 were great installments to the franchise. think ill replay them..*http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif

FantasyFinale12
24th Jan 2013, 18:46
FF13 & 13-2 were great installments to the franchise. think ill replay them..*/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif

Still not done XIII cuz I'm stuck beating Barthandelus' new form, but I agree infinitely. And I'm sure Light's Return will be just as good.

elsonSCCP
25th Jan 2013, 08:28
I spent seven months questioning the Square Enix via twitter at all profiles in relation to Type 0 U.S. or EU, Versus XIII and his eternal delay, but got no answer.
Then I became a Member of thinking it would be easier to get at least a simple answer, but still nothing ...
I am impressed with the way they treat the fans of the company and subsequently the games, I see everywhere on the internet and talking to friends in my neighborhood who wait Type 0 anxious over a year, there are petitions around the world to the game comes to the west and many fans are practically begging, but not so Square Enix responds, not even bother to disclose a small official note ... ideas
Square Enix opened this forum to know (so I thought) what the fans think, take*ideas from here and maybe put them in games and etc ...

But, what I see is just silence, promises of information and nothing, when I say promises'm referring to Final Fantasy Versus XIII, "we're working on it" "game development is in full swing" "meeting we had today" and etc ...

But nothing new is shown, any posts, images, videos, anything.
And so it's been 7 years without Versus XIII, but the other titles follow emerging, already had XIII, XIII-2, Kingdom Hearts more, a lot of games in the series re-released for other platforms, many games and Versus XIII anything ...
I'm not against any of the other titles before anyone thinks I'm criticizing them, but Versus XIII and its delay has turned here in my country the laughing and jokes on many websites and blogs of games, it's a shame to see and hear so many bad things about this title and even the franchise, after all there are millions of fans outside of Japan that support Square Enix officers buying their products, but that does not seem to have any value for the company ...

I am 30 years old and since I was 8 years playing the Final Fantasy series, I'm not hater, I'm not angry at Square Enix, I love the work they do, but I'm disappointed with the silence and lack of respect for the fans around the world, if only they had the conscience to clearly answer questions from fans, but do not.
It is difficult, launched days ago All The Bravest and I bought thinking it would be something to remember the nostalgia of my childhood days, but contrary to this feeling again disappointed me with such disrespect with this nostalgia.
Final Fantasy is not just a game, it's part of my childhood, adolescence and now being thrown into limbo because of so many blunders, then Square Enix I ask only that respond definitively and claresa to fans questioning about Type 0 and Versus XIII why not also where they are, what happened, you can at least answer when?
I hope you follow firm and strong, the company grows more and more, but if not relate to their fans, will be difficult to continue supporting them, too love this series and I love Square Enix, but patience has limits ...

Final Fantasy Ever!

http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

apumakoman
25th Jan 2013, 18:40
Unless already stated or discussed, I have a very strong feeling that there will be a huge DLC with returning characters from Square games. :)

moooka
27th Jan 2013, 01:46
FF13 & 13-2 were great installments to the franchise. think ill replay them..*/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif

Still not done XIII cuz I'm stuck beating Barthandelus' new form, but I agree infinitely. And I'm sure Light's Return will be just as good.

If you mean the final form, that was probably the most difficult non-optional fight in the game in my opinion, but the best way to defeat him is to let Hope do his buffs for the party (he must have Haste, otherwise you should go fight some enemies til you get enough points to unlock it), fight when the party is already buffed, and heal when*necessary. Lightning should be the main attacker but she can also heal when*necessary. Snow should do his defensive moves to protect the party from the boss' attacks. Try to set the battle speed to slow in the options to make things a little easier.

I recommend trying the other FF games, and Squaresoft's older RPGs like Chrono Trigger/Cross. Unless you are using an Xbox, you can get most of them from the PlayStation Store. I don't hate the XIII series but I think the older games, especially FF7 to 10, are the series best.

member_10818067
1st Feb 2013, 04:37
I mean how can you be proud of

<ul class="browserGrid ByThree">

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - A game that failed and nobody cares about

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII - A game that failed and nobody cares about

TOMB RAIDER - A game that is getting lambasted
HITMAN HD: TRILOGY - port

Qwirkle -mobile shovelware
Motley Blocks-mobile shovelware

HITMAN: ABSOLUTION - A game getting worst of the year awards

Gameglobe - shovelware?

Its an embarrassing lineup

[/list]

Fail troll is full of fail. If you're gona pick apart games so lazily at least copy and paste someone elses ideas so you sound like you're just part of the hive mind and not just half trolling. I'm not familiar with all these, but the new Tomb Raider is becoming one of the most anticipated upcoming titles; saying it might even reinvigorate the series. Hitman: Absolution has been met with great praise as yet another installment knocks it out of the park. The Hitman HD trilogy is good for people that don't have all the games or simply want to upgrade to all 3 games on 1 disc with updated graphics and trophy/achievement support.* Lightning Returns hasn't failed because it's not even out yet, at least wait til there's more out before you start blindly bashing it. It's nice that they're adding more to the story of FF:XII with -2 and this. So sit down, read my post through a few times, consider what I've said, and come back so can teach you how to argue your point. Debating 101 - class dismissed!

jimbrault12
1st Apr 2013, 20:53
Several new titles*have come out from Square.* They seem to be the genre of other developers.* For instance, Tomb Raider is so much like Uncharted.* And Hitman is so much like so many other titles.

Where I think Square has a unique niche is Final Fantasy.*

Still not sure why*Square doesn't*take more advantage of this.* Develop a new*numbered title every 6 - 8 years?* Hard to*remain a loyal fan for the long.****

Leaferian-379423
1st Apr 2013, 22:29
Some of the titles Square Enix is releasing are titles from developers their company has acquired or IPs they've obtained which were originally someone else's. Also, you have that backwards. Uncharted is like Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider may have gotten a reboot, but it's a very old IP and the Uncharted series has always evoked the feeling of these games. I can't speak as to Hitman because I don't play it, but I gather it's from early PS2 era when it was likely a more unique title.

Furthermore, your numbers are off. Square Enix's longest gap between numbered Final Fantasy games since the release of Final Fantasy VII is approximately 3 1/2 years. This was the break between Final Fantasy XII for PS2 (March 2006JP/October 2006NA) and Final Fantasy XIII for PS3 (December 2009JP/March 2010NA). That means 3 years and 9 months for Japan, 3 years and 5 months North America. The second longest gap was the gameset right before that, between Final Fantasy X-2 (March 2003JP/November 2003NA) and Final Fantasy XII. This is almost exactly 3 years for Japan, and 3 years 1 month for North America. Final Fantasy XIII-2 was released December 2011JP/January 2012NA (2 years Japan, 1 year 10 months North America), and Lightning Returns (Effectively XIII-3) will be released in the fall worldwide. This is a MAXIMUM (assuming a late November release) of 1 year 11 months Japan, and 1 year 10 months North America. The game will more than likely be released closer to the September end of fall than the November, but we'll go with the latest figure for now.

That said, the average DEVELOPMENT time for every Final Fantasy since the start of the PS1 era has been approximately 5 years. Square Enix usually refrains from announcing their games until they are quite a ways through development with the notable exception of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I'd like to tack on that numbered Final Fantasies aren't the only way to go; Many of the unnumbered Final Fantasy games are quite good (Like the Tactics series or 4 Heroes of Light) and you shouldn't limit yourself to whatever has a number on it.

member_10385825
1st Apr 2013, 23:55
Square-Enix is content with making Eidos games the focus of their western division, while we beg for bits and scraps from the JP division.* They'll be at the front lines while they attempt to salvage their dying MMO, and release another Lightning game nobody asked for.*

I hope you have an iPad, because that's where Final Fantasy is going nowadays.

moooka
2nd Apr 2013, 04:00
1. The Tomb Raider series came first, then Uncharted borrowed some things from it.

2. Tomb Raider, Hitman, among other series were owned by Eidos, a European publisher which Square Enix purchased in 2009. These games are not developed by the Square Enix studios in Japan. Square Enix is still making Japanese RPGs.

Basically, they're trying to please everyone.

jimbrault12
11th Apr 2013, 20:39
My question is why Square can't sell at a higher price point for title that are clearly better than their competition.

jimbrault12
20th Apr 2013, 12:57
Okay, seems like no one really cares about this post but I would like to add to the discussion.

I keep playing XII but it really appeals to me.

Am I the only one that like this type of action RPG.*

I just think there is a huge market for this type of game.* Fantasy in a different world environment.

olrox2
2nd Mar 2014, 15:00
Since my complaint is about a lot of games, and not only one, i think its better to put in General.

If any moderator who knows Square Enix Staff, i would be grateful if you forwared them my opinion.

I have played my first square soft more than 14 years ago. Those were basically Mystic Quest and Final Fantasy games. I have also played various Eidos Games.

I now feel sorry and disappointed to see what some games have become. Hitman Absolution for example was a big disappointment to me. It went action centered, with linear level design, lots of corridors, and was more about using a cover system than about solving a puzzle to murder a target.

Thief has apparently followed the same dark path. I enjoyed Thief games in the past.

Final Fantasy games have become less creative and lively. My last Final Fantasy was Final Fantasy 12 which, at least, had a good contracts system.

Sometimes you sacrify, you sacrify games identity thinking it will imrpove sales. This short term strategy doesnt work well and annoys your most faithful customers.

You are no the only people to blame, a lot of publishers do that mistake, EA made a crapppy Dungeon Keeper on Ios for example.

What i am say is gonna look arrogant, buy i definitely think if i was in charge of game design decision, i would do better than what is done currently.

I am not against changing, changing can be necessary to make better games. But not that way. Not when you sacrify Game's essence.

Ygdrasel
3rd Mar 2014, 02:24
I don't get all the Square Enix hate. People have been out for their blood since Final Fantasy X got a sequel. It was all overblown negativity then and it still is now. Final Fantasy is just as good as ever. Absolution is just a casualty of the times. Stealth is a niche. Action games are the trend now. They'll keep being the trend until the sales figures tell the industry we're over them.

And I've not played the new Thief yet but if it were really so terrible as some suggest, the reviews would be worse. Being that it's a reboot, I gotta assume most of the negative reception is from die-hards who can't handle change. And three games isn't exactly "lots" either.

ZombieCoffin
3rd Mar 2014, 04:33
I don't get all the Square Enix hate. People have been out for their blood since Final Fantasy X got a sequel. It was all overblown negativity then and it still is now. Final Fantasy is just as good as ever. Absolution is just a casualty of the times. Stealth is a niche. Action games are the trend now. They'll keep being the trend until the sales figures tell the industry we're over them.

And I've not played the new Thief yet but if it were really so terrible as some suggest, the reviews would be worse. Being that it's a reboot, I gotta assume most of the negative reception is from die-hards who can't handle change. And three games isn't exactly "lots" either.

Their called fanboys, and yes they hate change i am actually enjoying Thief and taking it in. Quick question ? About your quote " Ahd three games isn't exactly " lots" either where did you year it from? I heard it from Tara Long Rev3games :) I am so glad someone finally explained what a "fanboy" was and why I love Rev3games;) 2 me at least, it was an ephiny momet in gaming.

Fanboys aside, what about "heavy gamers" would they play Thief? And what i mean by "heavy" are play like 2 or 3 at the same time.

ZombieCoffin
3rd Mar 2014, 05:11
Plus it's no big Square Enix is hurting financialy,just do any Google search? For that mater allot of gaming companies are as well? So many have shut down, just look Iratonal Games?
I have some theries, you may or not agree with, but here goes

1. Piracy, that's pretty explanatorily
2. Digital Downloads
3. Other devices then game consoles or PC's ipads , tablets etc.
4. And fanboys , see game companies coun't on that "fanboy fanbase" why do you think we have a AC game single year. Answer fanboys , Think about these " tired out" game franchises that just need to die, God of War, All Sonic Games, AC, Madden, WWE games ,Hitman Games, BUT as long as they're fanboys and $$$$ 2 be made it will STOP. Did you they were making a Space Jam 2 after i think like 18 yrs after the orginial?:eek:

I can tell the exact reason, that Watchdogs and SP got delayed last year? Fanboys, no im not joking see it's not good business sense 2 compete with your own company , sure having new consoles were a small percentage . But it came down 2 choices 1. Realase a game that will make "billions" and play into that "insane fanbase" or go with 2 new unknown IP addresses ? I will be very suprised if the Divison, Ubisofts new potential cash cow.

PROBLEM is they're so focused on apeasing the Fanboys , they forget about the hardcore or heavy gamer crowd all 2gether:( So either adapt or we give up gaming all 2gether. And game companies absolutely know, were the money is made and that's fanboys. Let's face it they will throw they're $$$$$ at it.
Even though, they complain they want 2play some new IP, but the honest %100 truth is they want 2 play same game over and again hence what I call "fanboy titles " AC, CoD, BF, Elder Scrolls, Fallout Games etc._

I am not going2 try to explain the constant "delusion" that all AC games are the same, cause a fanboys would tell you different.