PDA

View Full Version : TYRANT Youkai's: How to Jump (Tyrant)

Youkai01
11th Sep 2014, 22:48
I made this guide for another post a while back, and after a few in game prompts decided to make it it's own thread for easy access.

Edit: It should be noted that since the September 16th patch, chain jumping is no longer possible, like many I disagree with this as i felt it added a great mechanic to the tyrants movement and gave the class a needed improvement, however i can see how in the siege game mode this added ability to easily get between objectives may be a little too powerful.

My load out
-Jump
-Enrage
-Shockwave / Ground Slam
-Berserker

Initiation- just because you are the tyrant does not mean you should make it easy for them, when using jump initiating by jumping is suicide against a high level team, if the first thing you do in an attack is to jump in the air you will be blocked or killed before you hit the ground especially against scouts, you first wait for the rest of your team to be close and then wait for a distraction, smoke ideally but anything that makes the humans run around so they are not watching the skies with a charged shot waiting, this is when you will want to jump.

Combat- with this load out you are going to attack until you are killed or the engagement is over, before jumping I will pop enrage this gives a damage bonus to the jump and the first 2-3 swings after, landing a direct jump followed by a half charged melee attack is a kill, I also have a nice blue jump attack witch gives me damage when below 33% health which is why I have stacked it with the perk berserk giving me somewhere around +24% damage when below 33% health it is very useful when You are being focused after a jump if my team has not already engaged and I am dead I will have taken at least 1-2 of them with me this brings me to my next point.

Movement- the tyrant with jump can be the fastest at moving across the battlefield depending on situation and spawn, you do this by using the jump, if you are able to land at the peak of a jump on a building is does not expend the jump ability, on maps such as "sommerdamn" or "provance" you can chain jumps allowing you to get across the map and attack in 3 jumps, building > tower > enrage jump attack. I have used this many times after a battle/engagement has gone badly for my team to get back in to the fight quickly or to pick up a kill off the last human or two before they can reach a health station.

Ability’s
shock wave - I wont tend to use this in the middle of the fight, the animation is long and leaves you standing still for too long meaning you will do less damage then if u where to just melee attack, its purely situational I will manly use it if I have had a chance to disengage and I am being chased I will use it as a human comes around a corner or I will use it if the enemy is on a ledge where they can take fall damage and be separated from the group.

Ground Slam – This ability I most commonly use after landing a jump, It will not be the first thing I do after landing as there is a delay of about 1.5 seconds between when you land the jump ability and when you can use another ability, so whilst “enrage” is active I will basic attack the enemy as best I can and then ground slam to stun or help finish the kill

Perks
I mentioned about how I run “Berserk” with my jump allowing me to stack it for 24% bonus damage when below 33% health with “Enrage” ( for increased melee speed and attack speed as you lose health) this is what I typically run with but there are good alternatives,

another good perk to run with this build/play style is “bloodlust” if you can kill on the jump with enrage this will give you a total of 44 - 65% bonus to attack speed and a 25- 44% bonus to movement speed for the rest of enrage.
There are many other good perks to run with, using “bloody vitality” as a tyrant is a good
Perk as with the tyrants naturally high health this perk gains the most use even more so if you can stack it with an attack that has health % increase.

High level Players
In this kind of battle the enemy team will not be bunched together making hitting multiple members of their team difficult, there will also be a larger chance they will interrupt your jump with “Bola's”, “knives”, “banishing shot” and of course “Warbow”, I still need to test it but I am pretty sure a well placed “poison cloud” will nullify a tyrants jump a moment before it hits the ground, this build is most definitely not the initiator in this situation, there are a few ways that you can play this build,
you can Sit back and wait for some chaos to happen even high level players will tend to group up a little more after a battle has started providing that your team has made a good initiation, the drawback for this is that you're team is in a 3 vs 4 situation at the start not ideal but having a full health Tyrant jump in a few seconds late on to a team that has already taken some damage can be devastating and yield great results.
Another option is you can look to pick off the scout/straggler who will be busy shooting the vampires attacking his team and wont be watching the skies making it easier to eliminate him in a 1 vs 1 with a good jump but it may cause a delay between the kill and being able to assist the rest of your team,

Tips And Tricks
The Wall Bounce
A useful trick to pull out in situations where you find yourself too close to the enemy to easily land a jump is "the wall bounce" by angling yourself to a wall, building or object of sufficient height u can jump in to the wall and have the momentum push yourself away from it allowing u to complete a full jump at a much shorter range even practically below yourself, with time and practice it is even possible to round corners.

Movement In The Air
A simple thing some people don't get. You can aim while in the air with jump using the movement buttons. If you've over jumped press S, need to go left or right A or D. Jump. ~ CandyKain

hope you enjoyed reading
Youkai

HoopleDoople
12th Sep 2014, 03:12
Some friendly advice:

When making a written guide it is important to be as clear and concise as possible. Without proper punctuation, spelling, and capitalization a guide quickly becomes a "wall of text". There is some solid advice in your guide but it is far less accessible than it could be.

Razaiim
12th Sep 2014, 20:17
Some friendly advice:

When making a written guide it is important to be as clear and concise as possible. Without proper punctuation, spelling, and capitalization a guide quickly becomes a "wall of text". There is some solid advice in your guide but it is far less accessible than it could be.

Seconded. The advice is sound, but hugely difficult to read and interpret unless you already have experience with the game and class, and probably don't need the advice provided.

ThreeBeastSmile
12th Sep 2014, 21:40
Interesting. I was thinking about rolling around berserker style with this guy as opposed to being a tank. Some further elaboration would be appreciated but you've definitely piqued my interesting, thanks. Now... to practice and suck for a while. >_>

Youkai01
13th Sep 2014, 15:39
Seconded. The advice is sound, but hugely difficult to read and interpret unless you already have experience with the game and class, and probably don't need the advice provided.

Noted, i made some edit's, i just copy and pasted it from a post i made in someone else's Thread, my grammar is not great at the best of times even more so when i rush a post :)

i also color coded the post but it does not seem to be showing up.

lucinvampire
18th Sep 2014, 12:23
Wow great write up :thumb: - I tend to play Tyrant a lot and I learned some stuff I didn't think of using/doing before. :D great work!

CandyKain
18th Sep 2014, 23:31
A simple thing some people don't get. You can aim while in the air with jump using the movement buttons. If you've over jumped press S, need to go left or right A or D. Jump, Enrage, Throw, Berserk is also an alternative. If they're alone and you land on their head and grab, it's game over. In a group, you can usually Enrage, Jump, melee guy in front of you twice, turn around and grab the guy behind you. These type of loadouts only works with the right type of team dynamic though, if there's no support or distractions or they all wait around for tyrant to init or they're all trying to be last hitters, or the other team's loadouts are all anti-tyrant, go Stone / Slam and move in and out. Trying to jump into clusters is good with Stone and sometimes with Rage, but it's more about looking for opportunities. Watch the other teams health bars and your team's health bars and try to jump into the most effective place. Sometime's it's about saving a teammate so you can turn around and 2v1 a guy who was 2v1 your teammate.

Prime_Abstergo
19th Sep 2014, 06:41
Never use Enrage and Jump together.

Jump and IP much more better and IP LoS blocking much more effective on high lvl play.

CandyKain
19th Sep 2014, 07:23
Jump IP and Jump Rage are two different types of play styles. Jump IP is much safer with a more inexperienced team or a team who doesn't work well together, but Jump Rage can be very effective in the right situations.

Youkai01
19th Sep 2014, 09:09
post edited