PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: The Lodestone - Questions and Help

sqex_4021998
29th Sep 2012, 00:22
The Lodestone (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/)
---

im having problems putting in my username and password. I put in the right information it gives me this msg "You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account." i have sign in before now i cant sign in i need help

mega124
29th Sep 2012, 09:14
im having that same problem to

blackbaron264
29th Sep 2012, 16:00
i cant login and it says my id or password is wrong and they are both not and its my first time using the game can i get some help?

Randis
13th Oct 2012, 19:46
As i am waiting for the FF XIV 2.0 release i am not playing the game much this days.
I only log in from times to times so i can use the forums but last month i was traveling a lot and did not add enough Crysta in time.

The thing is, you can only post in the forums if you log in to the game and now that all account options for FFXIV are frozen i can no longer re-activate the option. I have crysta in my account but paying the fee for FFXIV is not possible as well.
I do not want to play the game till the 2.0 release but i would like to use the forums, is there anything that can be done?

For those who are not familiar with the game: in preparation for the 2.0 releae there was a deadline a while ago where you can do the last payment, after that dealine all account options are disabled and you no longer can re-activate the option.

It would be nice if people were not excluded from the community when they take some time off from the game, sometimes you just have a lot of work but at least want to keep in touch.

Cheers
Andre

member_10664738
24th Oct 2012, 01:08
this is the message i get when i about to log in "Since the login to FINAL FANTASY XIV in the last 30 days could not be confirmed, you are not allowed to log in to the official FINAL FANTASY XIV forums"

as a returning player from almost 2 years ago i have questions about the game. help please

Popcicle
24th Oct 2012, 11:57
In order to login and post to the Official FINAL FANTASY XIV Forums you need to be a current subscriber.

You are free to post questions to this forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum) regarding the title. You can also still read the official forums and see if your question has already been answered.

member_10664738
8th Nov 2012, 14:15
okay thanks

stackhouse
7th Jan 2013, 12:12
I have been having issues trying to reach the Final Fantasy XIV website, Whenever I try to go to it I get and error telling me that I cannont access the site due to a redirecting loop, I have cleared my cookies and thats about all I could think of to fix it, anyone got any ideas?

Grimoire
7th Jan 2013, 12:53
*Checks*

The website works fine for me. Maybe you should try a different web browser?

stackhouse
7th Jan 2013, 13:02
*Checks*

The website works fine for me. Maybe you should try a different web browser?

I use chrome and I have Internet explorer and i get the same error for both.

Calin35z
7th Jan 2013, 13:10
they posted saying it has to do with your email if u have numbers on it wont go through.

stackhouse
7th Jan 2013, 13:19
Wait im not talking about the beta sign up, I was able to do that I just cannont go to the website to look at stuff like updates/ general game info, I am able to click on lagnuage but then it gives me the redirected loop error

Grimoire
7th Jan 2013, 13:25
Strange...I've tried IE, MF and GC, but no errors...you have restarted your computer/phone/other device just in case, right?

Boondale
7th Jan 2013, 13:48
Looks like IE and Firefox is "Forbidden" from connecting to the site. Makes me thing its on there side of things. Yea, the site is down, I cant even sign up for the beta :-(

Grimoire
7th Jan 2013, 14:02
? Just as before, everything works fine for me...

stackhouse
7th Jan 2013, 14:20
I tried restarting my computer and it didnt work, Now i deleted my browser history, Still nothin, Hmm im starting to wonder if its something with the site cause IDK what it could be, But i seem to be the only 1 with this problem.

Boondale
7th Jan 2013, 14:44
place "eu" at the end of the url, I was able to sign up after adding that to the url.

stackhouse
7th Jan 2013, 15:21
puting the Eu didnt work :/

member_10093674
8th Jan 2013, 16:55
I played up until july and always had access to the forums....now that the game is closed i can no longer access them. I was part of the Realm Reborn Alpha and had access there.

But now that that has closed im hyped for the game and cannot make comments on lodstone.

SE PLEASE UNLOCK FORUMS >>>YOU ARE KILLING MY HYPE!

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 23:04
you can show off your beta characters and enjoy the cool look of the new site!
na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ (http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/)

also look at my oddly bright color THM

na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ch... (http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1767413/)

What do your characters look like!

Vance-Vyth
18th Jun 2013, 23:58
Awesome, and hey did you know once you hit lv.15 and go past camp horizon. in the ul'duh region, you can get a quest to recolor you're whole amour, if you are not happy with the color.

HF.f1Aw
19th Jun 2013, 00:06
yeah i actually ran all the way there for lulz and died in one hit

Vance-Vyth
19th Jun 2013, 00:10
yeah the quest is kinda funny cause' you have to give the npc orange juice to complete quest lool.

Vance-Vyth
19th Jun 2013, 00:11
nice lalafell though lol

erickvon1
19th Jun 2013, 00:49
Is this a fake lodestone sight???

lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com )

Noctisdragoon
19th Jun 2013, 01:16
Is the new Lodeserver playable already?

member_10495996
19th Jun 2013, 01:37
looks like it i just made my homepage

ngelsa
19th Jun 2013, 02:37
yeah the quest is kinda funny cause' you have to give the npc orange juice to complete quest lool.

I tried to find the Orange Juice, where did you get it?

ngelsa
19th Jun 2013, 02:37
Is this a fake lodestone sight???

lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com )

I think that's the 1.0 version of it? I am not sure.

Vance-Vyth
19th Jun 2013, 03:16
@miffy, you can buy the orange juice from one of the npc venders in the ul'duh marketplace.

Dyno69
19th Jun 2013, 11:19
na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ch... (http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2236549/)

heres my lady

carlosruiz
19th Jun 2013, 11:42
Awesome

bioshade2
19th Jun 2013, 11:49
na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ch... (http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1786685/) i found me

member_10192209
19th Jun 2013, 11:52
I keep getting nothing but Maintenance but here my guy Atsuma Lionheart

na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ch... (http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1735053/)

Paladin_Locke
19th Jun 2013, 11:58
Here is me! Not sure I'll leave my appearance the same for phase 4 though.

na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ch... (http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1743189/)

Anyone else on Gilgamesh?

demyxx
19th Jun 2013, 16:07
Here is me! Not sure I'll leave my appearance the same for phase 4 though.

na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ch... (http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1743189/)

Anyone else on Gilgamesh?

A good lot of us are on Behemoth lmao.

member_10168025
19th Jun 2013, 16:38
/wave

Hello fellow FFXIV:ARR fans!

here is my character.

na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ch... (http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1587359/)

In about 2 days he will jump to level 50 all DoW DoM!

Hope to see you in Eorzea!

HF.f1Aw
19th Jun 2013, 16:44
max level in beta is 35

demyxx
19th Jun 2013, 17:28
max level in beta is 35

Where your character? XD

HF.f1Aw
19th Jun 2013, 17:29
Mine is the very first post ;D

sqex_3651635
20th Jun 2013, 10:26
Very nice!

HF.f1Aw
20th Jun 2013, 10:49
It's great to see evryones characters and different styles! very nice dont forget at lvl 15 you can do a quest to change your clothes colors!

ngelsa
20th Jun 2013, 21:38
@miffy, you can buy the orange juice from one of the npc venders in the ul'duh marketplace.

Thank you!

ngelsa
20th Jun 2013, 21:39
max level in beta is 35

He probably has a Legacy Account, and SE is testing the transfer of their 1.0 characters in Beta 3 Test 2.

tejas73er
8th Jul 2013, 16:02
I got a beta code 2 weekends ago and was able to play then but I went out of town last weekend and did not get to play. When I tried to use the lodestone site today it told me
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" class="decorationTable4">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="td07">There are no characters on this FINAL FANTASY XIV service account. Use of the Lodestone requires an account with at least one character. </td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
Is that normal because I had like 3 characters 2 weekends ago unless something happend.

member_10079783
8th Jul 2013, 17:31
Are you using the correct Lodestone site? The Lodestone for the ARR beta is a completely separate site than the old Lodestone for FFXIV 1.0.

Old Lodestone: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/ (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/)

ARR Beta Lodestone: http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/

tejas73er
8th Jul 2013, 17:48
I got a beta code 2 weekends ago and was able to play then but I went out of town last weekend and did not get to play. When I tried to use the lodestone site today it told me

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" class="decorationTable4">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="td07">There are no characters on this FINAL FANTASY XIV service account. Use of the Lodestone requires an account with at least one character. </td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Is that normal because I had like 3 characters 2 weekends ago unless something happend.

You, my friend, are a genius. Thank you so much.

xzanidu
19th Aug 2013, 19:47
if this game is going to be as succesfull as ppl think it is then can we have a seperate forum for it plz with guild/company recrutment section trade sections class sections ect .

just an idea ><

DuferBloodmoon
19th Aug 2013, 19:50
I agree with this.

xzanidu
19th Aug 2013, 20:03
just wanted to add that the reason i ask for this is beacuse you cannot have a game this in depth and not have a dedicated forum with individual sections for it .

YuriSensen
19th Aug 2013, 20:22
The game isn't officially out yet. A trade forum or guild forum wouldn't be considered top priority, if they can't even be used effectively yet.

SageJMP
19th Aug 2013, 20:26
the official forums would be at the lodestone

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

It is down for maintence at the moment though (the forums that is)

jaywalker2309
21st Aug 2013, 10:03
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/625-Status <- official status thread on the `dev forums`

However if this isnt working for you, this is what it says

[NA] North American/European Pre-Order Redemption Website Issue Notification(Aug. 20)
Currently, listed below are the issues with the North American/European Pre-Order Redemption Website.

-Unable to access the site regularly
-Cases where Early Access Code wasn’t sending out even when registering the Special Item Code
-Early Access Code sent wasn’t the correct code

We are temporarily suspending the Early Access Code system in order to proceed with the investigation.

We will notify everyone when there is progress on the situation.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Will update this thread if see more updates

Maighdlin
21st Aug 2013, 17:34
So I may be missing the link to it somewhere...

Are there or will there be FFXIV-specific forums? In my experience with MMOs, the community is usually incredible diverse and there are tons of problems that come up. I've been on the beta forums, but will there be something like that just for this game? If not, I'll be incredibly disappointed with only having this to work with.

Dekkarra
21st Aug 2013, 17:36
The FINAL FANTASY XIV official forums will return with the start of Early Access.

Maighdlin
21st Aug 2013, 17:39
The FINAL FANTASY XIV official forums will return with the start of Early Access.

Awesomesauce.

Ruhyah
22nd Aug 2013, 09:36
I logged in set up new acct for lodestone, but cannot use the forum because it tells me I must select my character and update. I do all that and save, but my character is again unselected so I have no forum access. This does not make sense, I have saved numerous times wont go through. I hope this is just a temporary issue.

The other problem I see is my character has 3 classes conj Arcn and Thuam. The third field is blank and Thaum is not listed in the field.

Ceelo_cakes
22nd Aug 2013, 14:18
Is it me or is it everyone?

the lodestone forums are SUPER SLOW

Ceelo_cakes
22nd Aug 2013, 15:04
"New thread cannot be created due to either you have reached to your daily limit or your main character's level is not high enough."

are you kidding me ?

anyone know where i can see the required level to post at ? and/or the daily limit anywhere ?

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 15:08
Not entirely sure, but I would think that the limit would be around level 10 at the highest. Daily limit is a little harder to find, so I am unsure.

TheRealKraggy
22nd Aug 2013, 17:00
Just tried logging into the FFXIV forums and get this:

Since the valid character data is not present on your Square Enix Account, you are not allowed to log in to the forums.

Even if the monthly fee is paid and a valid content ID is available, a valid character data needs to be present.
Once the character is created, you will be eligible to log in to the forums. However, it may take some time until the character data is reflected to the system.
What?

I have two characters on this account, well I did last weekend, where did they go SE?

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 17:08
Try logging in later to see if the data transfers. The Final Fantasy XIV forums just came up today and are experiencing very heavy traffic from people logging on again (and for the first time).

TheRealKraggy
22nd Aug 2013, 17:22
Oh, I didn't realise they've been down, I've been lurking in the beta forums only for a bit.

Cheers, I will try again in a bit .. I was concerned because I see there are people posting there so obviously they can log in and since one can't post if one isn't logged in it's kind of hard to ask why I can't log in .. IYSWIM. :)

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 17:24
If you are trying to log on to the lodestone forums, then you wont be able to login with beta characters.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 17:28
Oh, I didn't realise they've been down, I've been lurking in the beta forums only for a bit.

Cheers, I will try again in a bit .. I was concerned because I see there are people posting there so obviously they can log in and since one can't post if one isn't logged in it's kind of hard to ask why I can't log in .. IYSWIM. :)

They were down for maintenance for about a week now to transition to the website you see now, quite the upgrade and hopefully the cancer that was the Beta Forums is gone forever now :D

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 17:29
If you are trying to log on to the lodestone forums, then you wont be able to login with beta characters.

Is that how it was set up? I didn't see a post on it on the forums (just the one about level and posting restrictions) so it's good to see other information as well that I hadn't seen!

TheRealKraggy
22nd Aug 2013, 17:30
These are 1.0 Legacy characters that aren't there. It's stupid a valid account isn't enough, especially as if you can't log in you can't get help logging in. :(

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 17:34
These are 1.0 Legacy characters that aren't there. It's stupid a valid account isn't enough, especially as if you can't log in you can't get help logging in. :(

I've been logged in with my 1.0 account. Are you trying to log in with the proper information, as in the information you're using to log into the game itself? (apologies, just standard trouble shooting)

TheRealKraggy
22nd Aug 2013, 17:51
No apologies needed, I appreciate you trying to help. :)

Yes, I'm using the name and password I use to log into the game and log into my SE account. I logged into the game Sunday (for the first time) and saw both there ready to play.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 18:03
No apologies needed, I appreciate you trying to help. :)

Yes, I'm using the name and password I use to log into the game and log into my SE account. I logged into the game Sunday (for the first time) and saw both there ready to play.

Actually, I'm curious if this might have been an issue, but did you register to those forums prior to their redesign?

TheRealKraggy
22nd Aug 2013, 18:28
Oh yes, I logged in there pretty often over the life of the game.

I'm now getting kind of worried here. Poking around my SE Account I see no characters listed in the FFXIV Service; whereas there's an Option List and a Cancel button for my XI services there is no Option List for my XIV one, this is on both Legacy SE accounts.

Like I said, the two characters were shown in the charsel screen of B4 on Sunday, so surely they should be in the Options List?

Do I have to actually log them into V2 to get them recognised do you think?

TheRealKraggy
22nd Aug 2013, 18:42
Call me totally and utterly confused now!

When I log in Lodestone it DOES show me my characters and I can select one for the Lodestone to use. So, any idea how come Lodestone knows I have characters and the Forums don't?

Fengorr
22nd Aug 2013, 20:05
So okay, I was in the beta and I've already settled all the early-access stuff. I go to log in to the official forums (the new one they put up after they closed the beta one) and I get fed this error.

Since the valid character data is not present on your Square Enix Account, you are not allowed to log in to the forums.

Even if the monthly fee is paid and a valid content ID is available, a valid character data needs to be present.
Once the character is created, you will be eligible to log in to the forums. However, it may take some time until the character data is reflected to the system.

I have zero idea what this means. I read in one thread here something about an "Edit character" page I'm supposed to be able to access and choose my character from, but, again, I have no idea what's being talked about. Is this something to do with the Loadstone? Because clicking on the link to that from the official forums just loops me back to the top of the forums.

There is utterly no information to be found on this in the official forums or anywhere else for that matter, and before anyone says it (because I know they're out there) these forums right here are not the forums I'm talking about. I am talking about the ones located here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php

-EDIT-
Damnit, I hate typos that I miss in thread titles.

Chrysopoeia
22nd Aug 2013, 20:36
That's odd! I just created an account over there after I read your thread, to see if I got a similar error, and I haven't. You might need to contact SE's customer support or something. :(

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 21:34
You need to make a account here https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&ref=cis_na_login&svcgrp=Service_SEA and make not ef the id when you do it may be little different like a added number etc at the top of the page under Account ID.

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 21:48
official forums don't work for me either gets stuck on selecting character as main character and wont accept any I save but I think its cause your main has to be above a certain level like 10 or something which my highest is 9. I wasn't able to play much during open Beta so I will see if it changes once my character hits 10 or above. But logging in is no issue if you made a account on the link I posted above.

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&ref=cis_na_login&svcgrp=Service_SEA

Mallust
23rd Aug 2013, 00:37
I'm just trying to get some info on this I created account shows 3 characters I can choose from I select one but then it don't except it does it have to be a certain level of character? I only got to level 9 didn't have much time to play the Open Beta.

Mallust
23rd Aug 2013, 00:52
As the title says only site I'm still having trouble with is the Lodestone Forums. Shows my toons but wont accept any as main character.

bdiaz008
23rd Aug 2013, 01:38
official forums don't work for me either gets stuck on selecting character as main character and wont accept any I save but I think its cause your main has to be above a certain level like 10 or something which my highest is 9. I wasn't able to play much during open Beta so I will see if it changes once my character hits 10 or above. But logging in is no issue if you made a account on the link I posted above.

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&ref=cis_na_login&svcgrp=Service_SEA

You need to click the star on the top corner of the box for the character you're selecting. Took me about half an hour to figure this out!

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 01:47
From what I have heard, people that have only played the Beta so far are unable to create accounts, as there is no actual game registered to your Final Fantasy XIV Service Accounts on the Account Management system. People that have played 1.0 an registered and account are able to log in and create their accounts only to my knowledge.

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 01:51
You need to click the star in the upper left corner of the box! Also, to be able to post anything, you need to be level 16, and that comes with a restriction of 3 posts a day, no thread creation available either. Hope this helps!

Mallust
23rd Aug 2013, 02:15
You need to click the star in the upper left corner of the box! Also, to be able to post anything, you need to be level 16, and that comes with a restriction of 3 posts a day, no thread creation available either. Hope this helps!

thanks the little star I didn't even see. :-)

Fengorr
23rd Aug 2013, 02:17
You need to make a account here https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&ref=cis_na_login&svcgrp=Service_SEA and make not ef the id when you do it may be little different like a added number etc at the top of the page under Account ID.

I actually already had to make an account there as part of the closed beta, and have already linked it to the one here as part of early access sign-up. Could you also clarify what you mean by "and make it not ef the id when you do it,"?

I managed to get my character to the cap of 20 that they imposed during P4 (open beta), but I don't see this page you're referring to where I can select my character. Would it be possible to provide screen shots of what you're looking at?

From what I have heard, people that have only played the Beta so far are unable to create accounts, as there is no actual game registered to your Final Fantasy XIV Service Accounts on the Account Management system. People that have played 1.0 an registered and account are able to log in and create their accounts only to my knowledge.

Interesting, I would have thought the early-access code was my game registration code especially since I bought a digital copy of the game. Or is it that I need to, on launch day, take the code provided to me on my order receipt and then input it again into my SE account to actually register the game?

Tharduss
23rd Aug 2013, 02:24
I am having issues logging into the ff14 lodestone forums... I am a legacy v1.0 player. Whats funny is when I go to the main Lodestone website I can log in and it shows my character profile, but when I click on the forums it logs me out and I have to log in again..... But when I enter my log in information again I am greeted with this message:

"Since the valid character data is not present on your Square Enix Account, you are not allowed to log in to the forums.

Once the character is created, you will be eligible to log in to the forums. However, it may take some time until the character data is reflected to the system."

What does this mean? On the main lodestone page, I can log in and it shows my character profile (my levels, all that stuff) but now apparently I don't have character data...

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 02:30
thanks the little star I didn't even see. :-)

You're welcome. I was confused at first but then decided to click the star for the heck of it to see if that made a difference, and lo and behold it did XD

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 02:31
I actually already had to make an account there as part of the closed beta, and have already linked it to the one here as part of early access sign-up. Could you also clarify what you mean by "and make it not ef the id when you do it,"?

I managed to get my character to the cap of 20 that they imposed during P4 (open beta), but I don't see this page you're referring to where I can select my character. Would it be possible to provide screen shots of what you're looking at?

Interesting, I would have thought the early-access code was my game registration code especially since I bought a digital copy of the game. Or is it that I need to, on launch day, take the code provided to me on my order receipt and then input it again into my SE account to actually register the game?

Your game registration code is separate, and you will be emailed that again around Launch day (hopefully ON launch day) The code you got for pre-ordering was simply for the Pre-Order bonuses (Early Access, Moogle Cap, Cait Sith minion)

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 02:40
Have you clicked the star in the upper left corner of your characters information box? That registers the character as your Main and will be used for all your postings on the forum. If you have not clicked that before attempting to proceed to the forums you will not be able to do anything since you won't have anything showing up as your character and so it would kick you out. I hope this helps!

Fengorr
23rd Aug 2013, 02:43
Your game registration code is separate, and you will be emailed that again around Launch day (hopefully ON launch day) The code you got for pre-ordering was simply for the Pre-Order bonuses (Early Access, Moogle Cap, Cait Sith minion)

This trickle of crucial codes that they only send to you when their systems are most likely to go fubar is really starting to grate on my patience. I honestly can't figure out what they think they mean to gain by not having giving all this stuff to players at the time of purchase.

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 02:45
This trickle of crucial codes that they only send to you when their systems are most likely to go fubar is really starting to grate on my patience. I honestly can't figure out what they think they mean to gain by not having giving all this stuff to players at the time of purchase.

To my knowledge they anticipate that issues have the possibility of arising, so you will be able to play until the 30th if you are in Early Access before you need to register your game in order to continue.

Fengorr
23rd Aug 2013, 02:56
To my knowledge they anticipate that issues have the possibility of arising, so you will be able to play until the 30th if you are in Early Access before you need to register your game in order to continue.
Well that's a little more comforting to know. I was starting to worry that I might suddenly lose access to the game on launch day because their servers choked on the load again. Then again that might happen just by virtue of it being launch day and the law of Murphy swinging into full effect.

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 02:58
Well that's a little more comforting to know. I was starting to worry that I might suddenly lose access to the game on launch day because their servers choked on the load again. Then again that might happen just by virtue of it being launch day and the law of Murphy swinging into full effect.

The vast majority of MMO's do have issues at launch, that's sort of the nature of the beast, unfortunately. They do tend to get back on their feet pretty quickly for the most part however.

Tharduss
23rd Aug 2013, 03:53
I do not see any star in the upper left corner. I have set my one and only character as an active character on the lodestone, but didnt use any star

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 03:58
Oh, my bad! I misread what you said. I originally thought you had made it to the forums, but were unable to progress past selecting your character there, my mistake! Out of curiosity, had you registered to the forums prior to their redesign?

Tharduss
23rd Aug 2013, 03:58
I have posted on the forums prior to the redesign, yes.

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 04:09
I am unsure then, I was able to access personally with no issue, however you're not the first person I have seen reporting that error today. I would suggest trying again tomorrow, or contacting support via phone to attempt to get this resolved. Sorry I couldn't help more D:

Tharduss
23rd Aug 2013, 04:12
Thanks for your help again lol.... It may have to do with open beta (I never logged in during that time). If anything I will wait till early access starts and then see what happens.

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 04:14
Thanks for your help again lol.... It may have to do with open beta (I never logged in during that time). If anything I will wait till early access starts and then see what happens.

That very well might be it, since characters are using the data from the Open Beta. I am unable to find the other threads to confirm this but with the other issues I'm seeing related to people not having participated in the Open Beta I'm sure this is the case! Jumping to conclusions is a possibility, but after 330 posts almost of trying to get issues resolved on this forum in 3 days you start picking up on some similarities >_>

Naridan
23rd Aug 2013, 04:54
:cool: Hi there i would like to say sorry for the engrish , i will do my best tho...thanks.

Not counting all the 12 year olds that play PS3 and dont use a pc we are all justo MMORPGs, how the forums are suposed to be or the registrtions suposed to go. to have a step by step on the forums and also a place there that tells us about the down times and updates about maintinens and/or server status.

so for now this is how it is been for me i get into the site buy the preorder... i get a preety picture and under it says final fantasy bla bla bla and it is ina category of games bought. i cant seem to find any link or any kep that would take me any where...no dowloading link nothing witch feels really or becouse i have never seen things done that way.

after thinking oh i hope i can atleast get my money back for a few hours on my junk mail there is a mail with my acces code..... so naturaly i go to my ES page and tray to redeem the code becouse thats the only place i have seen anything of the sort...... oh too many numbers after 20 trys. Istarted to wonder what iwas doing wrong.......far down and not in any obvious way there is a link in the mail yet no info about the code and what to do with it. start dl the game starter......asks me to log with my ES account.....WTF is a one time code? there is super tiny wyny icon that you can click to get the info...so not very easy to find.....so after downloading the game it says wait for the early acces period to start? its 22/23 today its suposed to come out the 27 so early acces should be upp and runing i think.

press on world and it says that all servers are under maintinens. but there no point area or link to see if thats correct or WTF is really going on.

So plz make a fixt thread for server status uppdates. another for the anounsments that has a clear marking so we can see that its a GM/developer giving info there and not some ramdom person. and also there needs to be a sub section that is only for ich game not a big chunk of a series. and in there a PS3 section and a PC section.

Web site: confussing and od format.
Emails: very wierd and added to the problem.
Forums: hard to go into it and to find the right areas and info in a convinient manner.

if we feel that we can comunicte with you we all will have more patiense and will be enjoing the game more thanks.

Naridan

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 05:19
Early Access is supposed to be online Saturday, August 24th.
I've heard 0200 PDT, but only second-hand from an unofficial source.

There is a forum specifically for FFXIV at: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php
but, it looks like you have to have played in the Beta or be Legacy to access it as a main character is required.

There is an Information thread there that seems to have all the really useful information there.
Too bad, it's set up so new players cannot see it.
This seems to be a failure of communication.

Fengorr
23rd Aug 2013, 05:25
The vast majority of MMO's do have issues at launch, that's sort of the nature of the beast, unfortunately. They do tend to get back on their feet pretty quickly for the most part however.

Beyond symptoms of overloaded servers I've never had any major problems on the launch day for an MMO *knocks very hard on wood*, but then I tend to just shrug my shoulders and find something else to do if it becomes nigh impossible to play that day; guess that's why I tend not to notice.

Honestly the mess with pre-order codes, and breakdown of communication between the JP and NA/EU support team has been the most trouble I've had with an MMO. *knocks very hard on wood again*

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 05:27
Since this forum can only be used by people who already have a character, I thought I'd copy and paste relevant information here from the official post.

FFXIV Forum: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Important Notices:

Posted: Today 11:18 AM

[NA] NA Users that Purchased FFXIV: ARR from the PlayStation Network from Aug. 13-15
We have identified a technical error for users that have purchased the digital version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Standard Edition, or Collector’s Edition, from the PlayStation® Network between Tuesday, August 13 and Thursday, August 15.

Rest assured we are working with Sony Computer Entertainment America on the issue and further details will be sent directly to affected users via the PlayStation®3 XrossMediaBar (XMB) message system.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Maintenance: Yesterday 03:57 PM

Posted:
[NA] PlayStation Network Maintenance (Aug. 22)
At the following time, Sony Computer Entertainment will be performing maintenance on the PlayStation Network.

Please visit the following page for further details:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...y-august-22nd/

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 22, 2013 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- PlayStation 3 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Maintenance:
Posted:Yesterday 04:14 PM

[EU] PlayStation Network Maintenance (Aug. 22)
At the following time, Sony Computer Entertainment will be performing maintenance on the PlayStation Network.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
From Aug. 22, 2013 19:00 to Aug. 23 1:30 (GMT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 05:27
[EU (and NA)] Regarding an Issue with a Recent Windows Update (Aug. 14)
We have confirmed an issue with a recent Windows update that took place on Jul. 11, 2013. The following Windows OS versions have been impacted by this issue.

Windows® 7 / Windows® Vista / Windows® XP

If you are currently using the Windows OS and have installed the update in question, the opening cut scene of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Windows ver.) will not play properly.
* Please note that the issue has no impact on the PlayStation®3 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Please be patient as Microsoft is currently is working on addressing the issue.

Listed below is the current situation of the OS.

Windows® 7
A new Windows update has been released by Microsoft to address the issue. If you have not installed the most recent Windows update, please do so immediately.

While the OS should automatically update itself on the default settings, if your PC is not set to automatically download and install the most recent Windows updates, please visit the following URL to obtain the update.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/...letin/ms13-057

Windows® Vista /Windows® XP
Microsoft is currently working on addressing the issue. Please wait for the official announcement by Microsoft regarding the release date of the update.

We will follow-up on this announcement once more information becomes available on the matter.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 05:29
Beyond symptoms of overloaded servers I've never had any major problems on the launch day for an MMO *knocks very hard on wood*, but then I tend to just shrug my shoulders and find something else to do if it becomes nigh impossible to play that day; guess that's why I tend not to notice.

Honestly the mess with pre-order codes, and breakdown of communication between the JP and NA/EU support team has been the most trouble I've had with an MMO. *knocks very hard on wood again*

Understandable, that's why I've been lurking in this forum (340 posts on here alone and counting!) to attempt to relieve some of the stress people are feeling. I've been passing out at my keyboard for the past couple nights trying to answer as many questions as I can. Some issues have simple fixes, others not so much, but it's better to attempt to help than to just leave people to try and struggle through it by themselves in my opinion.

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 06:10
08-20-2013 11:40 PM #1
NOC_NA
NOC
NOC_NA's Avatar Join Date
May 2011
[NA] North American/European Pre-Order Redemption Website Issue Notification(Aug. 20)
Currently, listed below are the issues with the North American/European Pre-Order Redemption Website.

-Unable to access the site regularly
-Cases where Early Access Code wasn’t sending out even when registering the Special Item Code
-Early Access Code sent wasn’t the correct code

We are temporarily suspending the Early Access Code system in order to proceed with the investigation.

We will notify everyone when there is progress on the situation.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
(8)
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Today 06:46 AM #2
NOC_NA
NOC
May 2011
[NA] Pre-Order Redemption Website Technical Difficulties: Folllow-up
Regarding the previously announced technical difficulties with the North American/European Pre-Order Redemption Website, we have addressed the following issues and the system that distributes the early access codes has been reinstated.

- Unable to access the site regularly.
- The early access codes were occasionally not being distributed even after successfully registering the pre-order code.
- The early access codes that were distributed by the system were occasionally not the correct code.

However, the website is currently experiencing congestion. If you are unable to access the website, please try again at a later time.

New updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

Eluxion
23rd Aug 2013, 06:21
I'm a v1.0 user & played phase 3 / phase 4 beta...
Loggin into http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html works & it's account selection is giving me old v1.0 character but none phase 4 lvl 20 ones...
-
Loggin into https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/accffxiv works too http://i43.tinypic.com/2zoxn6h.png
-
Loggin into official ffxiv forum http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php gives me this error http://i40.tinypic.com/2qvr0wg.png , can't find any source to reslove this issue.... any pros here can help me out thx
-

Eluxion
23rd Aug 2013, 06:22
Loggin into http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html works & it's account selection is giving me old v1.0 character but none phase 4 lvl 20 ones...
-
Loggin into https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/accffxiv works too http://i43.tinypic.com/2zoxn6h.png
-
Loggin into official ffxiv forum http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php gives me this error http://i40.tinypic.com/2qvr0wg.png , can't find any source to reslove this issue.... any pros here can help me out thx
-

TheRealKraggy
23rd Aug 2013, 06:24
Anyone any idea where else I can call for help? I can't post on the forums if I can't log in, in spite of some helpful folks on here I still have a problem. Where else can I ask SE for help here?

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 06:25
-
-
Loggin into official ffxiv forum http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php gives me this error, can't find any source to reslove this issue.... any pros here can help me out thx
-

Have you tried using a different web browser and trying to log in? Also, the Lodestone has not updated yet, so it only reflects what characters you had and their stats as of the last save before the Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 servers were shut down.

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 06:27
Lodestone seems to be working. They were having congestion issues and are working on them.
The link to them is : http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 06:28
Anyone any idea where else I can call for help? I can't post on the forums if I can't log in, in spite of some helpful folks on here I still have a problem. Where else can I ask SE for help here?

Sorry, I had to leave for work and was unable to find this again after I got home! Question, did you participate in the Open Beta?

Eluxion
23rd Aug 2013, 06:29
Have you tried using a different web browser and trying to log in? Also, the Lodestone has not updated yet, so it only reflects what characters you had and their stats as of the last save before the Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 servers were shut down.

Tried Chrome and IE only.. both having timed out issue... so lost now.. i can just browse the forum no problem but i would like to login and select my new lvl 20 character and make a post :(

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 06:31
Tried Chrome and IE only.. both having timed out issue... so lost now.. i can just browse the forum no problem but i would like to login and select my new lvl 20 character and make a post :(

Try clearing the cookies from your web browser, then going directly to that page and see if that helps any.

Eluxion
23rd Aug 2013, 06:53
Try clearing the cookies from your web browser, then going directly to that page and see if that helps any.

yup... cleared, restarted pc, retry directly on to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=ffxiv_forum&ret=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.square-enix.com%2Fffxiv%2fregister.php still same error...

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 06:56
yup... cleared, restarted pc, retry directly on to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=ffxiv_forum&ret=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.square-enix.com%2Fffxiv%2fregister.php still same error...

This may seem odd, but have you tried disabling your anti-virus?

Eluxion
23rd Aug 2013, 06:59
This may seem odd, but have you tried disabling your anti-virus?

Yup i even try using Hotspot... am assuming might be some IP restriction on the forum that forbid my login... but then it still fail to login when i use hotspot bypass...

when use hotspot and use IE http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/register.php i get this http://i43.tinypic.com/hufzg2.png

Different error...

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 07:07
Yup i even try using Hotspot... am assuming might be some IP restriction on the forum that forbid my login... but then it still fail to login when i use hotspot bypass...

There shouldn't be an IP restriction that I'm aware of. One thing I do have to say though is the forums haven't even been up after their reworking for a full day, it may very well be an issue that is resolved tomorrow. I hope that's the case but I cannot guarantee anything. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful D:

Eluxion
23rd Aug 2013, 07:10
So i retry again on IE and i get another different error... http://i43.tinypic.com/2ytscd3.png seriously wtf is with them...

DJrazdamnoh
23rd Aug 2013, 07:13
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/627-Technical-Support

THE NEW FF14 FORUMS / old beta forums now open and a lot being takd about

Yuufarlc
23rd Aug 2013, 07:14
click the little silver star

DSanchez_SE
23rd Aug 2013, 07:50
Strange... I was already signed up to those forums and had to register again. The whole account admin seems janky.

DSanchez_SE
23rd Aug 2013, 07:54
Bleh, now it wants me to select a main character but won't let me.

Eluxion
23rd Aug 2013, 08:07
Strange... I was already signed up to those forums and had to register again. The whole account admin seems janky.

Re-register @ where ?

Neshska
23rd Aug 2013, 12:17
They are not just slow,BUT when I registered my account from old beta forums to new lodestone,it will not let me post because I cannot save my selected character.:mad:

KingKrunoil
23rd Aug 2013, 13:27
Anyone know why we cant see code from purchasing pc verson

Mallust
23rd Aug 2013, 15:47
They are not just slow,BUT when I registered my account from old beta forums to new lodestone,it will not let me post because I cannot save my selected character.:mad:

Make sure you click the star by the upper left corner of the character not just the box I made that error and was lost forever. But clicking the star saved my character to forum.

Jeffff
23rd Aug 2013, 16:09
Thank you this worked.
I wish they would have a better description.

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 16:49
Thread: [NA(and EU)] FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Updated (Aug. 23)
View First Unread
Search Thread
Display
Today 05:43 AM #1
NOC_NA
NOC
May 2011
[NA] FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Updated (Aug. 23)
A version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn at the following time.

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:15 a.m. (PDT)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

[Update Details]
Support towards Early Access/Official Release
(15)

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 16:51
Lodestone is fairly congested at the moment, so the response is slow.
To be expected, at this point.

TheRealKraggy
24th Aug 2013, 10:11
Hi again and thanks for still trying to offer suggestions. :)

I opened a ticket shortly after my last post .. took till this morning simply to get an 'ack' of its creation, no actual human response in sight. :(

Anyhow, no I didn't really take part in the beta, after the horror that was 1.0 beta I decided not to this time round before the final phase so I merely logged into the game last Sunday and saw my characters were there. Having read all sort of horror stories of folks having their one-time character appearance/name change screw-up I decided I wasn't going to risk it so I didn't actually log one of them into the world.

I'm kind of thinking therefore they're in some kind of limbo between 1.0 and 2.0. Obviously they exist somewhere as Lodestone shows them, yet my SE account doesn't.

Right now I'm not able to try EA, hopefully later today I'll get a chance .. server hamsters willing ;).

TheRealKraggy
24th Aug 2013, 11:37
DAMMIT

I can't log into the new Lodestone, says I have no characters!

FFS, this is absurd, I can log into the old one but not the new, I have characters in the old one, appear on the charsel screen in B4 but they don't exist now!

LunahDora
24th Aug 2013, 12:08
DAMMIT

I can't log into the new Lodestone, says I have no characters!

FFS, this is absurd, I can log into the old one but not the new, I have characters in the old one, appear on the charsel screen in B4 but they don't exist now!

I have the exact same problem. And where can i download the game? I dont have early acces, but i want to have it ready for the 27. aug.

doneykoous
24th Aug 2013, 12:56
It seems that on FFXIV official site, the term "Lodestone" is now being used.
And the link of FFXIV official forum is at:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php
For English users:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/619-English-Forums
While Important Notices / Maintenance / General / Updates / Status are at:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/620-Information

Well, I really don't understand what "Lodestone" is...
Then whats this one...

Hilzarie
24th Aug 2013, 21:12
I have seen a lot of people mentioning "lodestone" forums and the "official" news forum for this game, however I have no idea where that is. When registering my account, this is the forum I had to join. I was under the assumption this was the official forum, but I have not seen any posts from SE, just from users.
Can anyone please help me find the forum that will actually help me stay updated on what is going on?
I feel like it needs to be shared with everyone here, since I think a lot of people are having the same problem, and are only seeing the user complaints on this forum, no information at all from SE, which is just making them even more angry.

Edit: I found it through a link to support someone posted in another thread. If anyone else is looking you can find it here:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/619-English-Forums

cheesefrittata
24th Aug 2013, 21:25
When I try to enter my email address on step 1 of the registration it says "The characters you entered didn't match the word verification. Please try again.", but there I can't even see the words and there isn't even a spot for me to enter the word verification?

Dong-Zhuo
24th Aug 2013, 22:58
Stupid question, and no disrespect intended: Are you entering the same log-in and password that you use to access the game client? I just went to the site, and it has a "Log In" button that takes me to a log-in screen. I entered the game-client log-in information, and I was able to get in.

Heraxadix
25th Aug 2013, 00:06
Have you tried clearing your browser? I had a problem with the account creation there myself.
There was also some certificate errors on the website, so I choose to show them too.

The lodestone is linked to the SQE account, which differs from the SQE member/ store sites if I'm not mistaken.

Siren25
25th Aug 2013, 06:32
Is the Lodestone official working now.....or is this to start on the 27th August??????:scratch:

Everytime i go the page i get a message
"There are no characters on this FINAL FANTASY XIV service account. Use of the Lodestone requires an account with at least one character."

Which is a bit strange considering it worked in Closed Beta Phase 3 for me and now it cannot see my Open Beta Phase 4 Warrior, which i am using in Early access.

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 06:48
It is up, I have been on it. Try logging out and logging back in, now that you have officially started EA? I had to select my character for my profile before I could do anything at all.

XanderThrills
25th Aug 2013, 15:43
Despite being unable to order the game, got a friend to set me up with a new account and ordered it for me but still yet to receive the code so i can't even download the damn thing, looking through the forums dose not fill me with much hope, seeing as it looks like a large amount of the community also seem to not be receiving them yet i do not see any announcements of this being addressed by square, so not a good start i have to say.

pipuk4
25th Aug 2013, 15:46
Yeah I made my account and bought the game and its been 6 hours with no new emails.

noob45
25th Aug 2013, 15:53
So I typed up a nice post explaining how there are multiple different issues that sound very similar. Early access codes vs. beta phase 4 codes vs. codes for the wrong systems/server locations etc....

Then SE's forums decided to lose my post. Probably because there are a ton of angry players on the forums since the NA/EU servers just went down again.

Nangasaur
25th Aug 2013, 15:55
Don't need an account to download...

Rancyz
25th Aug 2013, 16:21
Despite being unable to order the game, got a friend to set me up with a new account and ordered it for me but still yet to receive the code so i can't even download the damn thing, looking through the forums dose not fill me with much hope, seeing as it looks like a large amount of the community also seem to not be receiving them yet i do not see any announcements of this being addressed by square, so not a good start i have to say.

Well the official release is in 2 days, so SE has some time to work things out. And I hope they do!

XanderThrills
25th Aug 2013, 17:36

Seriously? a little more information would be useful, seeing as i never got sent the link to download it, however my mate sent me his link and i downloaded the client but it would not let me download any further to do the full update unless i entered the code, which i don't have so unless you have anything further to add to that statement that would be considered useful, it would be greatly appreciated.

Lars18th
25th Aug 2013, 17:42

This is not accurate. You don't need an account to START downloading it.
The few who can find the HIDDEN download page link can start downloading the game but at one point of the installarion it will ask you to sign in and verify registration. Only after that, will it start patching the game to the current build and that could be anywhere from 1 to 10 GIG depending on how updated your client is. So, NO, you wont be able to download the game and immediately play as soon as you register it.

Lars18th
25th Aug 2013, 17:45
Looking up at my post, I find it pretty sad that players themselves have to provide customer service in the forums to other frustrated players.

GoldX18
25th Aug 2013, 17:49
This is the download link they gave me in the email, that came with my key.

Keeping in mind until you've applied a key, you cannot update the game, only access the launcher.

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/eu/

NOTE: EU/NA doesn't matter, we use the same launcher btw.

AngelPhoenix77
25th Aug 2013, 17:50
for every 1 person that does not get in atleast 15 does. I feel for ya op and everyone that cant get in

glowpipe
25th Aug 2013, 18:01
Look at it this way tho. They release an early access for a game on a saturday. And they do not have ppl working support saturday, sunday and monday ? It just show how incredible crappy this game company is an they should not in anyway get as much money as they already got. In 18 years of computer gaming. This is the worst release of a mmo game i have ever seen. The world of warcraft and swtor release was a piece of pie compared.

This game gonna crash and burn fast and its all square-enix incompotence's fault

Lars18th
25th Aug 2013, 18:03
for every 1 person that does not get in atleast 15 does. I feel for ya op and everyone that cant get in

We not only help each other, we also provide 100% made up statistics of server access.

AngelPhoenix77
25th Aug 2013, 18:10
We not only help each other, we also provide 100% made up statistics of server access. im being a realist, now if you don't mind im going back to playing.
you can be bitter if you wish

noob45
25th Aug 2013, 18:21
Look at it this way tho. They release an early access for a game on a saturday. And they do not have ppl working support saturday, sunday and monday ? It just show how incredible crappy this game company is an they should not in anyway get as much money as they already got. In 18 years of computer gaming. This is the worst release of a mmo game i have ever seen. The world of warcraft and swtor release was a piece of pie compared.

This game gonna crash and burn fast and its all square-enix incompotence's fault

I dunno man. Diablo 3 struggled for a month or two and took an extra few months to fully launch their auction house. Diablo3 wasn't even an MMO and they struggled for a long time. DUST514 was an open beta from January-May that struggled to function on their official release date because they changed the client up. Here we are in August and they are still struggling with server stability and other problems even after losing 75% of their player base. SOE botched the EQ2 launch despite being some 8 expansions deep in their original MMO Everquest.

FluxForce
25th Aug 2013, 18:34
This is the download link they gave me in the email, that came with my key.

Keeping in mind until you've applied a key, you cannot update the game, only access the launcher.

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/eu/

NOTE: EU/NA doesn't matter, we use the same launcher btw.

I don't understand why they can't let everyone have access to the launcher download, regardless of account or codes?! Would save a lot of confusion.

Aisell
25th Aug 2013, 18:37
Squeenix has failed at this launch. Completely and I can hear the fan boys already with their "No mmo has had a perfect launch"
No one is asking for perfection, what people are asking for is to be able to enjoy the product they were promised when pre ordering. I'm not at the point of refund but it's getting pretty damn close. If they can't even communicate with us much less get their servers running, I have little faith in these guys.

XanderThrills
25th Aug 2013, 18:45
I dunno man. Diablo 3 struggled for a month or two and took an extra few months to fully launch their auction house. Diablo3 wasn't even an MMO and they struggled for a long time. DUST514 was an open beta from January-May that struggled to function on their official release date because they changed the client up. Here we are in August and they are still struggling with server stability and other problems even after losing 75% of their player base. SOE botched the EQ2 launch despite being some 8 expansions deep in their original MMO Everquest.

Yeah i happen to be in agreement with this sentiment, if anything it could be perceived as a very unfortunate but beneficial marketing tool, most people tend to want something a hell of a lot more when they are denied it, i never actually expected to be able to play when i ordered it so close to launch and over the weekend but i expected to at least be able to fully download it, so when i do have the access, i won't need to waste more of my valued spare time downloading something that's most likely going to take a few hours if not longer to do.

TiffTaro
25th Aug 2013, 18:48
I feel like it's becoming more and more acceptable for companies to release unfinished products. It's ok to launch without a complete game, you can just add DLC to finish it. It's ok to have a terrible launch day like this and Diablo 3, because it's new. I call BS. Obviously a perfectly flawless launch is impossible but customer service IS possible. How many people on here would be satisfied if a customer service rep was able to talk to them and give them a new code until they could get in. Or if they had someone on the forums updating what was being worked on. Just a little bit of effort and everyone would be satisfied. The fact that they knew, they KNEW, that they would get a lot of tickets for the weekend and yet didn't have CS open goes to show that they are only putting in the minimum of effort.

MalakielCL
25th Aug 2013, 18:55
with this SITUATION is clear that pre order was a waste of time = /

Crunchyblack21
25th Aug 2013, 18:58
Well most people are willing to look past faults if the game is good. A rough launch...that's common (despite its their second launch of this game)

The problem for a lot of us is that we purchased a game with a subscription, and haven't received the code so that we can redeem the game. Basically we haven't received the product we purchased and are paying monthly for.

To make matters worse, there isn't a single official statement as to what we can do, and what is being done, or even why this is happening.

You just got a bunch of people who paid for the game that are sitting there in the dark going "am I missing something here...what the heck do I do next to get my product I just purchased"

Ill admit, I AM kicking myself for buying the game before looking here, however typically people with issues are the minority...here seems to be the exception.

D3 had a horrible launch ONLY because they forced DRM on people who didn't want it, and then when issues came up it was an "AH HA!" moment for the community where they could throw back in the face of developers their issues with DRM for a game. ITs 100% different for a mmorpg as the game is always online. I also want to point out that the sheer volume of people trying to play D3 blows away just about all mmorpg player combined...it was epic (wasn't it like 14 million people?)

Regardless...yeah a real boner of a move by SE assuming a couple servers would work....but the big issue is for those who bought the game and got nothing in return. Its nice to sit and wait patiently as the early access you purchase ticks away and you lose that perk, even more so considering you are being charged for it via the subscription. Extra slap in the face that there isn't a single shred of communication over the issue.

Vodmeister
25th Aug 2013, 19:03
Don't worry guys, you arent missing much if you dont have your code. Half of the playerbase can not log into the game, and when we are logged in, the main story quests are down because they broke the instances. Their remedy to fix that, was to severely limit the number of people logged into the game at the same time.

gabezy
25th Aug 2013, 19:08
it may be up.. but I still getting the same message, not having a character.. I've tried 5 times to log in and nothing. just that message.

Talathor
25th Aug 2013, 19:14
My boss asked me if i wanted to work this weekend but i said no thanks becouse i pre ordered ffxiv so i could get the early access to play the game over the weekend but after over 2 days of waiting and searching i still havent received the damn code. ive serched trough SE's site/twitter/forums but found nothing on this issue. In other words, SE have cost me about 300€+ and 2 days of my life and they cant even respond. of course im mad :mad:

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 21:09
Got kicked because "Connection was lost with server" while using the Aethyrnet. Got error 90000.
I saw that the major problem for that error was fixed, and from then on they were handling them on an individual basis, so I submitted a ticket.
I wanted to check the Lodestone forums to see if there were any tips on there, but I can no longer log in, because it says there is no character connected to my account. (I have been able to use the Lodestone up until now.)

Does anyone who does have access know of any fixes or updates on what is going on with this? I appreciate any help!

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 21:12
I've gotten all of the issues, best thing to do is to just wait it out.

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 21:15
Ok thanks. I was planning on checking back every half hour or so and seeing if it works itself out.

KalechipMui
25th Aug 2013, 22:25
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php

I click log in at the top right, get taken to the login page, attempt to log in, and get a -blank page-. if I try to refresh it, it brings me to the account management page. There's no way to navigate back to the forum. If I try to manually enter the url of the forum, I'm not logged in.

Seriously? What the hell? Can someone at least provide me with some kind of work around? because obviously other people were able to log in otherwise there'd be no posters.

TheRealKraggy
26th Aug 2013, 14:57
Well I've now logged in one of my toons and the forums let me log in, then I get to select my 'main' I do so, clicking the yellow star and it selects it .. but after Save Changes when I got to the forums I get thrown back to the 'Select a Min' page.

WTF? I just did that!

Except there's no info for my toon, no icon, no stats, nothing. I knows it's on Hyperion but that's it.

/sigh

Logging into a game forum SHOULD NOT BE THIS DAMNED HARD!

LadyVaJedi
26th Aug 2013, 15:04
Your lucky. I still can't install the darn game on my ps3. I have done everything sony said to do. I have it wired, done database rebuild, rebuild the filesystem,downloaded on the PSN store, disabled the media searcher, disable the screen saver, disabled the auto shut off. I have even done the 9 hr reformat the ps 3. I am still getting the install stopping at 14% with the error code 80029564. I am getting really mad:mad::(

daemon9
27th Aug 2013, 00:03
So I tried getting into the Lodestone Forums and it takes me to my profile page where it tells me I need to select a character before accessing the forums and posting. But, when I select a character and click "submit", nothing happens. The page just refreshes and shows that I still didn't select a character. What gives?

TheRealKraggy
27th Aug 2013, 06:43
I feel your pain, it's staggering SE have failed so widely and so badly on a re-launch that was talked about as "company breaking should it fail" some time ago.

gregory69
27th Aug 2013, 14:00
bonjour quelqu'un peut me reparer ca je peux plus ecrire de commentaire dans jeux dans FFXIV ARR

RyushiiCross
27th Aug 2013, 17:29
I can't log into the Lodestone website because it keeps telling me:
"There are no characters on this FINAL FANTASY XIV service account. Use of the Lodestone requires an account with at least one character."

But i clearly have 3 characters. on this particular account.

Hisnandez
27th Aug 2013, 17:30
Ok so i am haveing alot of issues. First I still don't know how to get my pc version no email and i can not log onto ff14 arr website says my info is invalid. Yet I can log into every other square enix site include my account infromation just fine. Has my ff11 and ff14 ls account listed. So how do i recover my supposed saved charectors that where backed up onto the servers. Also will I be able to play that on the ps3 version witch i went and bought because i prefer console play. Does anyone have the right answer for this or am i just fishing for information and I might as well just start all over again regardless of my charectors gold and such that i did have on ls. Please any help would be greatly apreciated thanks.

Noshpan
28th Aug 2013, 09:29
Make sure you click the star by the upper left corner of the character not just the box I made that error and was lost forever. But clicking the star saved my character to forum.

Thank you very much for this! You are a gods send! I didn't know that I had to click on the star in order for it to save the character that I selected for the forums! And I had been trying to figure it out since they changed over to the current forums.

TheRealKraggy
30th Aug 2013, 15:08
Just tried to log into Lodestone:

The server is experiencing unusually heavy traffic. Please try again later.

And it doesn't even have the common decency to name it a 1017 error.

r0lfff
30th Aug 2013, 15:11
I can log in just fine. Try it again?

LadyVaJedi
30th Aug 2013, 19:22
I am attempting to select 1 of my two characters as my main on the FF 14 forums and it would stay selected. I can highlight it and when I click on the save it doesn't stay.

VanishingPuppet
31st Aug 2013, 01:34
https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1176132_10151639046172104_1462374763_n.jpg

....ExcUSE me?! I am trying to log in to post and see if my character data has been updated and when I tried to LOG IN...I'm not registering buttercup. I've been on the forums since Beta. What...I....~sigh~

UPDATE: I was able to log in after derping around the site a little more. I was about to choke a monkey.

Majestyc1k
31st Aug 2013, 08:06
Click on the star on the portrait. This will select that toon.

Kyaden
1st Sep 2013, 17:03
So there are some users that are unable to access the loadstone page, there getting a message stating the following:

"Use of the Lodestone requires a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account with at least one character.
Please log-in again after you have created a character in-game"

Note: That users are getting this message even if they have characters created.

To get around this message and access your character information on the loadstone, login to your registered account that has either beta or early access account registered: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/mogstation. This page should display any character created under this account. Click on a character name will redirect you back to the loadstone site and display your character information. Also once you have logged into https://secure.square-enix.com/, accessing this area from http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ seems to work fine.

This is the only scenario I have tested , if there are others please update here.

Thx

Alphafear
1st Sep 2013, 19:09
Wow, NICE find! Thanks for allowing me to finally log into lodestone! Much appreciated :D

Sesho13
2nd Sep 2013, 03:29
I do not understand why I cannot start new threads on Lodestone. When I try to it says my current character isn't leveled up enough or that I've made too many new threads. This makes no sense. My archer is around level 15. Does it have to be higher than that? And I haven't even posted any new threads so it's impossible for me to have posted too many! :(

Zidbella
2nd Sep 2013, 03:34
It happened to me too. They are locking out people with no reason.

Sesho13
2nd Sep 2013, 17:34
I'm able to log in to lodestone, but am unable to start any threads because it says either my character level is too low or I've started too many new threads. I'm level 14 archer and have NEVER started a thread lol

Chrai83
2nd Sep 2013, 17:47
Hi folks, been trying various places to find a fix for this with no luck. I'm trying to access the main forums for FFXIV but keep getting an error "Failed to confirm the session key."

Just wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this or a way around it. Just want to post in the server forum for my main server to chat to people and look for a FC but not having any luck at all.

Chaosvexus
4th Sep 2013, 16:31
Umm if I can get some help here I can't access the stupid lodestone forums due to it keeps saying registered and I did but it still won't let me in. I was playing FF14ARR and suddenly was kicked off and went to my ps3 main screen when I tryed going back in it said you are still logged in but I am not! my character that I was playing is Vexus Nocturne a lvel 8 or 9 tm or whatever the base class of blackmage is can someone help me unlog so I can relog? oh yea the server I am on is Cactaur

xzanidu
5th Sep 2013, 11:41
can you plz fix the damm offical forum plz all i get is it asking em to plz select my main char before it will allow me to use the stupid thing . problem is my main char is there but it wont let me select and im not the only one with this problem .

im trying to acces the whm forum beacuse the lvl 45 job quest is not working for me and i want to find out if anyone else has had or has the proble if thers a fix or a way roubd it but beacuse your dam forum is fked up i cant get any further in the game . sort the fker out plz .

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 11:46
This post is kind of irrelevant because this forum has nothing to do with the official FFXIV forum so no-one here can fix it. I can understand your frustration, it's just misdirected.

WelshSpeed
5th Sep 2013, 11:50
if you started it and a ncp or its not counting something abandon the quest and do it again.

Sesho13
8th Sep 2013, 01:20
You know, I would like to ask questions about the game FF14. Basically, these forums are just filled with complaints about the service, the connections, the servers, etc. That's cool. I agree with all that, but I want to go to a forum where I can ask questions about things like how do you get to change your armor colors, etc.

So I take it thats what Lodestone is for? But has anyone really seen the requirements and restrictions placed on their forums. First of all, your character has to be level 25 even to be able to START A NEW FORUM THREAD! LOL omg. So the very people that need help or want to ask questions cannot even POSE a question LOL again REALLY??? :scratch:

If you're below level 25 you cannot start a new thread. You can REPLY to an already started forum topic, but you are limited to three replies a day. My character is level 18 right now. I've suffered thru 2 weeks of shoddy servers, empty promises, spent $40 for the game and experienced frustration, but yet I haven't earned the right to post on Lodestone????? :mad:

This forum policy on Lodestone is completely moronic. Even if you reach level 25, you are limited to 5 posts a day until you reach level 40!!! lol I have a job and the few hours that I've gotten to play I've only reached level 18 in two weeks. Most of the time after a hard day, I would come home and have to login time after time after time, and sometimes I finally did get to play and sometimes I didn't. And I'm getting a paltry SEVEN days free????? What a joke. Give me a month at the least.

Square, I mean what can you say? I'm actually a little afraid to let them start charging money from me. Like will I be able to stop it once it starts? I feel like whenever there's a problem I have to login 5 different places to get anything done. The design of their websites, the loops you have to jump thru just to play a game. It doesn't bode well. They don't seem to think very well. Somebody needs to get fired.

I just want to ask some questions about the game....and if the game's launch didn't suck so bad, I'd be able to post those questions here. This is depressing. Am I the only one feeling this way?

Gomly1980
8th Sep 2013, 01:37
There is a quest at Walking Sands (I think that's what it's called, the little "town" just after Horizon) to hand in an Orange Juice and you learn how to dye armour.

Just in case you still wanted it answering.

As for the Lodestone Forums, I don't use them. I'm not a fan of how they are managed so only use external forums and bounce around here every so often.

Sesho13
8th Sep 2013, 01:49
Thanks Gomly:) Yeah, I know about the quest but I've started in Gridania so I don't think I'll be making it to the desert region for quite some time lol Why didn't they just put a color quest in EACH starting land?

Norlac123
8th Sep 2013, 01:53
you do realize EVERY SINGLE decently large MMO has had problems at launch including WoW who had as bad if not worse, right? and didn't give anything for it they are acknowledging they were not prepared for the insanely high amount of people that NOONE is, they are giving free time more then pretty much any other company would so stop being such a [redacted] and wait like everyone else is seriously....

but yes i agree with the odd requirements with posting on lodestone and im glad gomly could answer your question for u

Sesho13
8th Sep 2013, 02:52
Norlac, why am I a jackass? Did the fact that I have a job set you off? And why are you laying out personal insults when I have honest complaints?

Sesho13
8th Sep 2013, 02:58
And all I ever hear is every MMO has these problems....that's an excuse. If every MMO has this problem, then obviously every MMO DEVELOPER has a problem. You have all these other launches to LEARN from. Not to use as excuses.

Negasie11
8th Sep 2013, 04:10
And all I ever hear is every MMO has these problems....that's an excuse. If every MMO has this problem, then obviously every MMO DEVELOPER has a problem. You have all these other launches to LEARN from. Not to use as excuses.

Every MMO has unforeseen problems. That's the key word there. As with WoW, a lot of the major issues with the FF14 launch were completely unforeseen. I agree that the lodestone requirements are ridonkulous, I got to 21 as a Thm and then started working my conjurer, archer, and weaving roles. I had no idea that you had to be 25 to post there, lol.

I would recommend joining a larger Free Company on your server, find one that's friendly. They are the absolute best source for info and advice on quests and the like. Most of your Free Company members will have already gone through the quests and other issues that trouble you.

And we ALL have legitimate complaints against Square Enix, lets not attack each other out of frustration. And Square Enix's biggest problem (in my opinion) is simply the lack of information to their player base. They need to address these issues in the form of a game plan. Not just what they're doing in the very next patch. For example, I'd like to know when game sales and account registration will be reactivated. As far as I know, there's been no mention of this whatsoever. I wouldn't expect an exact date, but for God's sake, how hard would it be for them to say 2-3 weeks, or whatever it might be. Just tell us something. Bad news is better than no news in my opinion, as least we'd know.

Grimoire
8th Sep 2013, 07:48
Norlac123, I would like to remind you to follow the rules (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/announcement.php?a=1) while using this forum. Further violations of will not be tolerated.

Driber
8th Sep 2013, 07:57
@Norlac123: No name calling here, that's against our forum rules. I've edited your post.

@sesho1: please do not retaliate and let the staff deal with it if you're reporting posts.

Now, keep it civil, folks.

Sesho13
8th Sep 2013, 13:14
@Driber and @Grimoire:

Yeah, sorry about that. I shouldn't have responded like I did. Don't feed the troll and such. I guess I feel better now that I'm a redacted rather than an animal lol

And while I have your attention, CAN we please get the Lodestone forum policies modified! It's completely user hostile right now.

I'm really liking the game, and the reason why I complained about Lodestone is because it is a tool that could be used to enhance the game but right now it's basically broken by the fact that I can't even pose questions about the game.

Norlac123
8th Sep 2013, 13:27
Sorry about that sesho1, I know better then to forum while drunk lol

Driber
8th Sep 2013, 13:38
I'm not the right person to ask about that, sesho1. I don't even use the Lodestone forum, myself.

Gomly1980
8th Sep 2013, 16:13
These forums are completely separate from the Lodestone ones sesho, they can't change things from here.

TheRealKraggy
9th Sep 2013, 06:48
If you're below level 25 you cannot start a new thread. You can REPLY to an already started forum topic, but you are limited to three replies a day. My character is level 18 right now. I've suffered thru 2 weeks of shoddy servers, empty promises, spent $40 for the game and experienced frustration, but yet I haven't earned the right to post on Lodestone????? :mad:
I agree the restrictions are overly harsh, though you're not restricted from posting in Tech. Support and a couple of others if you're seeking help getting connected or running the game.

I would hope they relax them when subscriptions start so that only 'paid-up' accounts can post, but I don't expect they'll do that. I can see why the wanted to throttle posting, but they went too far.

Hippy_Pickle
9th Sep 2013, 08:23
This is one of the reasons I use these forums as they are not restricted in what (within reason) and when you can post. Please feel free to ask for help here as we do have a good community, if you look past all the 'It's not working' etc posts then you will find people actually discussing the game and giving each other help etc.

The Color (ugh needs a vowel!) your world quest has a level 15 requirement and is found in Vesper Bay in Western Thanalan given out by Swyrgeim. There is a ferry in vesper bay which goes to Limsa Lominsa so you can get from there. You can however walk although this will take you through high level mob areas but if you run and give the mobs a wide berth you can make it through, the route from Gridania would be Central Shroud > Southern Shroud > Eastern Thanalan > Central Thanalan > Western Thanalan.

It'll be tough going for low levels but if you manage to get the sanctuaries along the way and attune + set as home point at least you won't have far to go back.

Hope this helps :)

Hippy_Pickle
9th Sep 2013, 08:26
If anyone on the Odin server needs help getting to other regions before they unlock the airships then give me a shout and I'll come and guide/protect them on their way :D

ChicCanyon
15th Sep 2013, 16:16
dont know where to post this really but when i try to log in to lodestone it says i dont have any characters...yet i have 6 total. it let me log in once last week but now i cant. common issue or just me?

TheRealKraggy
15th Sep 2013, 17:23
There have been a few times when my characters have 'disappeared', most recent was for about 24 hours after last week's maintenance.

Logging into Lodestone isn't that much of an annoyance I find, as long as I am still logged into the forums, but if I log out for any reason then not being able to log back in is infuriating.

coachcheat
14th Nov 2013, 19:18
This is the Offical Square Enix Forum, good luck trying to get access to lodestone forum.

coachcheat
14th Nov 2013, 19:20
I have opened 3 tickets about the temporary session invalid, with no luck from SE. The customer service is like a lvl 190 mob, that only has one attack called "dumb off topic reply". And it hits for 10 million damage.