PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts games on Android and iOS devices?

Beplexor
28th Sep 2012, 21:00
With many of us being huge kindom hearts fans, I'm sure that some of us wouldn't mind carrying a kingdom hearts game in our pockets anywhere we went!

Now I also know that many people wouldn't particularly support the idea for many reasons, mainly relating to the complexity of utilising the system of commands (for example) effectively on a small screen without buttons. However, there have been a few console/PC games that have been ported to smartphones in a smaller, more simple package like Mass Effect and Grand Theft Auto; these have been relatively successful, considering they are big console/PC games originally.

Also, I'd be talking about remakes or just any that have already been made, not future KH games (which deserve to come to the long awaiting PS3...).

What do you guys think?

member_10751449
29th Sep 2012, 16:17
If they just make sure it is compatiable with Sony Ericsson Xperia Play I am all for it. Which already moves some of peoples complaints. I think the first mobile game in the series was KH coded. Square enix already makes lots of IOS/browser games. Just wish they had more for andriod as well.

Bhalditar
30th Sep 2012, 00:12
Maybe a separate mini-game like Flick Rush could be ported to a mobile device.

new_tradition
30th Sep 2012, 15:30
They mentioned a KH Browser game-perhaps when more info comes about that, that could be a possible contendor for mobile gaming?

And as AkeemCoffey mentioned, Coded was originally a mobile game before being remade for the DS, and it seemed to have done well enough on that platform *ponders*

Then again, they could just hollow out a KH game to make it a dim shadow of it's original self. They were able to port Devil May Cry 4 to iOS, and turned it into a touch screen battle system. Maybe something similair could be done (though yes please, include android *_*)

Mini-games is also an interesting idea...

Beplexor
30th Sep 2012, 21:02
They mentioned a KH Browser game-perhaps when more info comes about that, that could be a possible contendor for mobile gaming?

And as AkeemCoffey mentioned, Coded was originally a mobile game before being remade for the DS, and it seemed to have done well enough on that platform *ponders*

Then again, they could just hollow out a KH game to make it a dim shadow of it's original self. They were able to port Devil May Cry 4 to iOS, and turned it into a touch screen battle system. Maybe something similair could be done (though yes please, include android *_*)

Mini-games is also an interesting idea...

I especially like the idea of just the "hollowing out" of a KH game. To be honest, I'd prefer that over a mini game, even though mini games would probably be much better suited to a smartphone.

Rgie23
2nd Jan 2013, 09:19
Kingdom hearts For Android please http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

WhitePrism
2nd Jan 2013, 09:59
Oh geez I hope not. I don't own any of those devices... but I don't know. If I ever get enough money I might buy one to play the downloads that Square Enix has been advertising...

Ryutim
2nd Jan 2013, 10:27
I really hope they don't make a KH game for those devices, or at least, I hope they don't make one exclusively for those devices. I'd probably still get the game if they did, but I'd hate being forced to play a KH game, which should always be on a real gaming system, on a device that isn't really meant for much more than arcade style games. If they do end up making a KH game exclusively for those devices, I hope that it just turns out to be a minigame, or maybe a collection of minigames, then it wouldn't really matter if I get it or not.