PDA

View Full Version : Feedback about the current Ranked experience (Beta 1.2)

Zekaris
11th Sep 2015, 18:49
Some really significant, experience-breaking issues have emerged in the last two days of my playing Ranked.
Here is what is happened, sorted by percieved level of importance:

- Bad matchmaking!
Last season I was Blood I. I lost two of my placement matches (one was fair´n square, the other due to a leaver) and got placed in Silver V. The matches I had so far were very mostly of bad quality, even those without a leaver. There were two problems: First, I encountered players that just started the game. They told so in chat, flamed hard and asked how to unlock classes, claiming that Sentinel was OP and therefore Nosgoth was Pay to Win. There was also a lot of other nasty behavior involved. I don´t mind playing with new players, that´s always fun and I like to provide guidance, but please don´t put that kind of person in a game with me. Second: Very good players. It occurred to me several times that I got matched against players that were far superior to everyone in my team, including myself. They went like 10/1 or even 15/1 (and flamed), which really also ruined the experience. I don´t mind a challenge, but there is a reason I got Blood and not Eternal. The system should recognize that.

- Leavers!
I don´t know how or why, but over half of my matches include a leaver, only counting ranked ones. I don´t need to explain in detail how that totally ruins the experience. Best thing to be done is to practise new weapons or tactics while hoping it´s over soon.

- Flamers!
Poor community behavior is a thing for all online games, but the Nosgoth Community seemed to be one of the more reasonable ones. In the last few days, that seems to have changed dramatically! In 2 out of 3 games, I encountered really really poor behavior! That ranged from intentionally giving kills to the enemies to verbal harassment over to not taking part in any fights. I won´t call names here. Nosgoth´s growth seems to start attracting the unwanted yet paying users of the internet. How the devs will deal with that will be important for my assessment of their qualities. (Atm it´s pretty high.)

- Crashes!
Very often after Ranked games, my client crashes. That could be ralated to me minimizing the game frequently. (There were also minor lags sometimes)

- New class interface in Menu broke, displaying two more rewards at lvl 99.

Summarizing, the game is not in an enjoyable state. Whatever you were testing this season: I think it needs some serious effort!
Thanks anyway for your great work!

Endsequenz
12th Sep 2015, 09:37
I agree to this mostly.

-bad matchmaking: after playing this game some time now, I can see why you think so.
But I am not sure if this problem can be solved.
It just, not very much ppl are playing this game.
After screaming about it some time, I changed my mind about this and about the system nosgoth is going with.
Which I think is fine, as more ppl come and they remove ppl causing issues inside, to which I will come to in point 2 and 3.
It´s just too much activation needed...when this week ends..how many games will eternal players need to have ... 50-60?
That´s too much. Also you have to be lucky about the ppl you play with, to not have long losing streaks.
That´s kinda...yeah not so great...but otherwise this queues would never end atm.
I sometimes lose games and then -2 points, even if i am best player on my side by far, if i get thrown together with 50 hour players and play against maybe 3 medium players, which is kinda strange if i understand how it works right.
Cuz you can be very unlucky, and it can take forever to make the jump to one league above.
Not everybody can carry teams all the time.
Btw there seems to be a lobby issue anyways, taking forever to find a game.

-Leaving is a big issue, I lost more then half of the lost games because of leavers, as many ppl did.
And even worse then leaving ingame, is to leave the lobby the last second before the game starts, as some seem to do it for fun.
They should change the lobby, so this cannot happen, same as dodging...and they maybe should check who are the ppl that keep doing this and keep leaving matches and take care of them.

-flamers are a very big issue in this game, yes.
But it are not that many. Some kids yeah...and in every game, there will be a few better players that lose their head over it. You can smile over it, cuz it shows you that some maybe only achieved this. And ofc it´s alright till some point, that they take it so serious.
So, i can live with it, if someone gets mad rarely, cuz he plays another level and is stuck with lower ppl...totally understand that.
But it´s mostly the same ppl who are like this, same goes for being afk and just moving every 30 sec, cuz their team is losing a game. The biggest problem is one high rated player, when it comes to flame.
It is not, that he has a few players he doesn´t likes, or that he is mad because he has reason for it, at the moment.
Nope, he is flaming at almost every person new to the game, having a bad game, or just because he is bored and there is actually no reason to do so. He´s not doing it rarely, he is doing it at least every second game, without reasons for it. The person has some serious mental issues.
A guy that has to change his name almost every day, and not just because ppl dodge him, he will even rage at you when you play against his team and stand no chance...
and when his mates are gone and he keeps playing alone...well, quick name change.
I heard so many ppl that have an issue with him, it´s crazy.
But it seems the devs still don´t know how big of an issue this is for their game ,when it comes to growing.
I can tell you, most of th ppl know who I mean...cuz most of the ppl know about it.

I don´t know where the problem is, to do something about it, as you play the same level, or who has tried and who not.
But I would be ashamed about someone like that on my team or representing my scene.

so yeah, annoying. And a few others get near this guy maybe...but it are not that many.

-crashes: ah yeah...them issues with this game. I am happy that I do not crash ingame anymore I must say, that´s a start.

So finally, yes you are right.
And I can only repeat myself here, that if ppl want this community to grow, they should think about how they act and what they support. Same as on the other end, the devs should consider to ban these ppl, even if they are on top.
You will find enough reasons if you investigate.

s7arrR
12th Sep 2015, 09:52
also, due to being not able to select region, often being placed on US servers and playing with terrible ping. Most amazing is , i had a game where everybody was from europe and russia or something, and all of us (8) had 140-200 ping, making it clear we're not on europe server.

Hellboy_007
12th Sep 2015, 18:34
At the end of the game you should to show statistics for the match, not per round!!!

So finally, yes you are right.
And I can only repeat myself here, that if ppl want this community to grow, they should think about how they act and what they support. Same as on the other end, the devs should consider to ban these ppl, even if they are on top.
You will find enough reasons if you investigate.

First, developers create all the conditions that people angry, and then they should be punished for it?

First, you wait a few minutes to get to the lobby, then without noticing, because the game is minimized, you get on the American server, where your ping about 200. But it not enough for them, they give you the team another 2-3 newbies, one of which leave the game to completely finish you.

And no matter what your score 3000 or 300. You will get the same amount of points at the end of the match.
If you win multiple games in a row, then you get into such an ****, from which you can get out only by a miracle!

And it repeated several times in a row!

How many will be able to remain calm...

Endsequenz
12th Sep 2015, 18:43
At the end of the game you should to show statistics for the match, not per round!!!

You need to left click three times mate, then you can see them. ;)

First, developers create all the conditions that people angry, and then they should be punished for it?

First, you wait a few minutes to get to the lobby, then without noticing, because the game is minimized, you get on the American server, where your ping about 200. But it not enough for them, they give you the team another 2-3 newbies, one of which leave the game to completely finish you.

And it repeated several times in a row!

How many will be able to remain calm...

I am not talking about ppl that get mad or leave soemtimes, I am talking about ppl that are causing dmg to the game, because they do it as a sport.
I´m raging in the forums all the time, but you cannot always spit at players just because they are new or low, and you will not see me do that, so that´s one i guess.

GenocidePete
12th Sep 2015, 20:08
And no matter what your score 3000 or 300. You will get the same amount of points at the end of the match.
If you win multiple games in a row, then you get into such an ****, from which you can get out only by a miracle!
Does it make sense to speak so confidently when you clearly haven't thought about the issue much?

Here's a scenario:

There's a four-man team with a total skill value of 1000. Player one has a skill value of 100, two has a value of 200, three has 300, and four has 400. This team fights another team of skill value 1000.

Now, because player four's skill level is so much higher than player one's, we would expect him to end the game with a much higher score than player one. It makes absolutely no sense to reward player four for scoring high in this scenario because he is EXPECTED to score high; the match is BALANCED around the expectation that player four will score high because he's better than most of the players in the game.

Hellboy_007
12th Sep 2015, 20:31
Does it make sense to speak so confidently when you clearly haven't thought about the issue much?

Here's a scenario:

There's a four-man team with a total skill value of 1000. Player one has a skill value of 100, two has a value of 200, three has 300, and four has 400. This team fights another team of skill value 1000.

Now, because player four's skill level is so much higher than player one's, we would expect him to end the game with a much higher score than player one. It makes absolutely no sense to reward player four for scoring high in this scenario because he is EXPECTED to score high; the match is BALANCED around the expectation that player four will score high because he's better than most of the players in the game.

This scenario is totally imbalanced! In this case, we get the game 3 vs 4 or 3 vs 5 :)
Player "100" in most cases breaks the game of his team.

GenocidePete
12th Sep 2015, 20:43
This scenario is totally imbalanced! In this case, we get the game 3 vs 4 or 3 vs 5 :)
Player "100" in most cases breaks the game of his team.
What you just said has nothing at all to do with my post. You see that, don't you?

NCPDWulfang
14th Sep 2015, 03:21
- Bad matchmaking!

Just dealt with playing my 5 placement matches. 4/5 had at least 3 people from the previous match. What it ended up coming down to was who had active teamwork. I was placed bronze even though all of my stats were pulling 2x harder than the eternal on my team (2/3 matches that he was on my team) "Tensei" 3/5
Other players sharing my placement matches were:
"Rain" 2/5
"Gind" 3/5
"BlitzingLlama" 4/5
"deprive" 2/5

I've never seen a game that does placement matchmaking like this. I'd understand maybe getting a few of the same people a couple of the games but pretty much continuously isn't "placement" to me. There is no competition within a specific league type and seems like it just uses the MMR system from general matchmaking.

I love this game and I'm glad it has come a long way. Keep up the good work!