PDA

View Full Version : Current state of the game, my POV

Harmaatukka
11th Sep 2015, 16:18
Time to do a little update on how I see the game atm. with some suggestions and ideas of my own. The post is long, but I hope it will find readers, and most of all the developers.

I will start by going over some major issues that bother me the most, then moving on to some other suggestions.

Class by class:

Hunter:

Bolas are still disappearing into thin air, even if they clearly hit the target on your own screen, this has nothing to do with the damage threshold, seems to have more to do with animations, especially when vampires are dodging close to you or through you.

Throwing a bola at a fast moving target, like a leaping reaver or abducting sentinel, sometimes sends them flying straight up in the air, or wildly at some random direction. This can happen when a vampire is climbing up a wall as well.

Bola is not showing up on the marked tyrant skin, not sure about the other skins.

Most of the weapons and abilities on the hunter are out of balance, and currently people only tend to use repeater or multibow, explosive shot and bolas.

Alchemist:

The more ping you have, the more useless this class is, I would say that anything above 50 and don't use alchemist, the projectiles just go though enemies or they do incorrect damage to enemies. There's also a huge delay in your shots the higher your ping goes.

The viscous cannon is still the weakest and most useless out of the alchemist weapons, due to its really weak ttk(time to kill) and inability to shoot around corners, it should get an upgrade of some sort.

Firewall and light bomb are the most used abilities, everything else seems too weak or too situational to be used in high level gameplay.

Scout:

Throwing knives sometimes don't hit close range targets, especially dodging ones, almost never against the vampires that dodge through you. Sometimes the knives hit the vampire but the vampire attack hits you anyway.

Prophet:

The weapons are a bit out of balance, most people only use piercing or heavy pistols depending on the preference/situation, giving a small buff of some sort to dual pistols and quick pistols could bring more variety to prophet play.

Hex shot hitbox is way too big, it hits targets even when you clearly miss them, and you can hit targets around corners that are not even visible. I have even been hexed multiple times from behind the prophet while the player tried to hex someone in front of him.

The curse abilities have way too big targeting circle, too often the aim collides with objects and invisible objects and doesn't land where you want it.

Life leech often doesn't register even if it visually shows the full animation of the "life force transfer". Sometimes you clearly hit the enemy with the ability but absolutely nothing happens at all. Life leech also reveals invisible deceivers, this should be documented if it's a feature or fixed if it's a bug.

Vanguard:

Same ping and hitreg issues as the alchemist. Not enough abilities.

Reaver:

I don't personally play reaver much, but I think it's the class that needs fixing the most. I find reaver to be overly nerfed, things that didn't require any changes have been changed, better way to balance the class would have been changing the health and damage rather than touching other aspects of it.

Pounce reavers... where do I start. The main problem is that reaver is the class people begin with and pounce is the ability, this combo alone is what makes low level gameplay hard, slow, frustrating and what not. Pounce causes people to camp on rooftops and around corners, just waiting for a low health target to jump on, combine this with several low level reavers in one team and the fight is almost lost before it even starts. The only time the ability really is useful, is when you can single out a target so that the team is unable to help, otherwise you just end up going for a self disable and usually taking more damage than you do on the target, or outright dying immediately against better players. For balance reasons I suggest making sweeping kick and shadow step the default setup for beginners, so that they learn to play the class properly, or at least change pounce to leap attack.

Leap attack, just remove the self stagger after jumping on someone and you have a working ability here.

Normal melee attack lacks forward movement, combined with the fast attack speed, depending on the situation you will end up hitting air even if you are relatively close to the enemy, just a slight boost to forward momentum could fix this.

The melee hitbox is rather small, just a slight increase here as well would make the class way more playable.

Shadow bomb is broken, it covers nearly nothing these days, often I just stand in it and keep shooting away because it's rather easy to see through it.

Choking haze could activate immediately on impact to make it more usable.

Evasion could use at least a duration buff, and maybe half the explosion damage on it, and it would become usable.

Haste is problematic because of the small melee hitbox, your hands swing even faster and even though you move forward faster, melee combat is still awkward.

Reaver being the smallest class has ridiculous problems on climbing over small objects and walls.

Shadow step animation in the beginning is a bit misleading and should indicate that the reaver is not taking any damage right before stepping out, maybe change it so that the reaver turns into blue evasion reaver for a split second before the shadow step. Same say .5 second invulnerability might apply when coming out of "shadows" as well.

Tyrant:

Charge and Marathon are pretty much fine, the turn rate abuse has been fixed, the only things left are:
The wall bouncing, sometimes when you hit certain walls, corners and objects, you make crazy bounces to the opposite direction, while hilarious, doesn't really fit in the game.
The rare bug when you start your charge near objects you will immediately go into the "hitting your head to a wall" animation, really annoying.
And sometimes when you try to charge it makes a micro charge, like if you had only tapped the button, this micro charge can also happen at the end of the charge animation.

Jump attack could use a buff, after the nerf on the inside buidlings jumping, I think the AoE should be increased at least, I think the damage is fine, but make the damage fall of smaller, it's already a hard ability to time and aim as it is. Because of the way that the ability works, it's extremely easy to predict and counter, I'd go as far as making the jump invulnerable to abilities just like charge during flight.

Ground slam, completely useless, this ability was nerfed to death and it has no use anymore. If it weren't for the ridiculous delay, it could be used in combination with jump at least.

Throw is very situational and weak, too long casting time makes you disable yourself. I would change the animation to a small forward leap where the tyrant catches the human and immediately throws him forward in the same momentum.

Shockwave, the most used, and the most broken ability. Shockwave someone 10 meters below you, either by standing on the edge of a building, or casting the ability midair, this needs to be fixed. Any sort of small object or slight elevation cancels the ability, this also needs to be fixed. I recommend this solution, the shockwave would do two things, the ground breaking deals the damage as usual, but it's combined with a gust of wind travelling in front of it, acting like a wing flap, with the animation being something closer to the dive bomb. The wind would act like ball rolling over small objects and bumps on ground and traveling up slopes, only dealing the knockdown damage like from wing flap. Casting the ability midair or at the edge of building would only result in the gust of wind effect.

Ignore pain, the cooldown is a bit long, causing too much delay in fights, I'd recommend lowering the time of the effect a little and dropping the cooldown to 20 seconds.

Enrage, personally I think enrage is overpowered when combined with health and improved damage, a little nerf might be good here. (Do note that I mainly play enrage tyrant, so this is no tyrant hate post, this combination is just broken imo.)

Sentinel:

I don't play sentinel much, but I feel that all abilities but puncture and abduct could be buffed a little. 360 puncture on multiple humans should be fixed, and the famous abduct to puncture combo should be nerfed a little. My suggestion would be to change the puncture cone from this: < to this: = and nerf the range just a little to fix those 3 meter through objects punctures, just a slight change could be made to the landing time of abduct, to give the human even a slight chance to dodge the combo. Also remove the stupid 0.1 second time window on puncture hit, to fix the 360 puncture abuse before it spreads like the tyrant turn rate abuse.

Deceiver:

The buggiest class of them all, starting with disguise, sometimes when I press the button it makes like a double disguise sound, the ability works normally anyway. Sometimes when you get stuck on objects while disguised, you will end up in an endless disguise loop, where you are about to come out of disguise but you don't, last time it happened to me inside the training yard building in Sommerdamm.

Dominate mind has a really weird way of not working when the circle is full, sometimes it feels like it activates slightly before it's full, but most of the time you need to keep spamming the button for the activation to actually happen.
Backstab hitbox and hitreg is as broken as ever, honestly I don't even know what to do about it, like most people, I simply don't use it.

Infect has the same hitreg issues as backstab does, sometimes you just go straight through humans, even if you try to aim it with the right hand going through the human.

Shroud is pretty much fine as it is, I feel like some changes were made to the hitbox, it felt like all the shots went through it before, I find you can hit it normally now.

Illusions are the most broken thing in the whole game, they persist after death, sometimes staying on the map as static deceiver models, blocking shots and you can't walk through them. Other times they keep walking around invisible even after the deceiver is dead, this is especially annoying when there's multiple deceivers in the enemy team, you think there's a deceiver near you and waste your ammo and abilities trying to shoot something that's not even there. I don't even want to talk about the AI of them, could use "some" tuning.

Deceiver animations are even more broken, sometimes you see them floating up in the air in the falling animation, and now they even go underground, so that you only see the shoulders and the head, I've seen the latter happen the most in The Fane.

Summoner:

Starting with Hell Strike, you simply broke it, I have an idea how you could fix it. Return the hell strike to what it was before, but change the animation so that the area where the human would take full damage from the ability is the only part that hits the ground almost instantly, the purple bolts would scatter around shortly after, with the delay that the ability currently has. Looking at this picture, the stick would be the almost instant strike, followed by little delay on the actual AoE damage: http://www.srh.noaa.gov/jetstream/lightning/images/golfgreen.jpg
Alternatively, the reverse could also work, like a bird cage where the multiple bolts form a circle on the edges of the AoE and close in to the middle with a short delay, causing most damage if someone fails to dodge the right way.

The latest buff on the summons is ok I suppose, makes the alchemist as a counter feel a bit worse, but the summon AI is really stupid, and the dead summons bug where they linger on the map after death is still present, this bug has been around since the class was added to the game. The static dead summons cause false alarms, soak up ammo, and you can't walk through them.

The shield is not perfect either, sometimes things that shouldn't go through it from certain angles do hit the summoner, and sometimes when you shoot her back the shield magically seems to surround her. I haven't tried but this ability could possibly be abused with a turn rate script, something to consider.

Humans in general:

The current broken and abused thing is the movement and sprint speed, if you roll the perks on every item and ability you have, you will move faster than the vampires on the ground, this is one of the reasons why people want to remove the buffs completely from ESL.

There seems to be random ability casting delay on the humans, sometimes I need to tap the button multiple times for my ability to work. I got it fixed recently by clearing up my inventory, but this could just be a placebo and it might return later, as I've had few moments where I had to press the buttons twice, could be that I was unable to clear my inventory enough as well (still over 200 items).

Vampires in general:

The current and broken things afaik. are lagging on purpose, choking up your connection to make your vampire teleport during sentinel flight for example. And the tyrant improved damage and health stacking, where with low health tyrant you can almost kill a human outright with a single charged normal melee attack.

Nosgoth in general:

The game still doesn't run quite like it did in early closed beta, the performance has improved, the hitreg issues are not as bad, but the game just doesn't feel as responsive and smooth as it did.

There are a lot of UI issues I've encountered, I often spawn with no HUD, can't see my health or ability cooldowns until I die once in the game, could be considered a hardcore mode I suppose, if you were to take it as a joke. If you die with the map open it will stay on your screen after respawn.

Spawns are still all over the place, either vampire or human, too often you spawn in a place or a situation where you get killed immediately.

Sounds have been broken always, but even more during the last two patches, some sounds don't play at all, while a sound like sentinel abduct comes too late to actually react, even if you start casting your bola the moment you hear the sound, you might not be able throw it in time to catch the sentinel for example. The sentinel abduct sound might be related to the lag abuse I was talking about earlier, while the other sound bugs could be anything I guess. Maybe too many ambient sounds, giving an option disable the environment sounds could be a fix for it, or maybe enable OpenAL as it's supported by the game engine, that could fix the problem for some people. Or perhaps it's the open mic issue, where someone has the voice communication open for the whole match. Talking of voice communication, I think you should completely remove it from the game until you can come up with one that actually works like it's supposed to.

Party and other connection issues are still there, just like they always have been. Even creating your own private lobby sometimes takes multiple attempts and sometimes you even need to restart the game. Same applies to playing in a group, you have to re-create the group multiple times for it work properly, only to end up waiting forever for a match.

Occasional crashes are still present, but on my end they all relate to partying up or the famous crash after every league game, otherwise the game is stable for me. I've seen other people dropping back to lobby during games and things like that, but they never happen to me.

Sometimes on map start, I'm unable to spawn at all and need to leave the game and reconnect, not a big issue if the reconnect button would always work, or if the game actually gave me 10 seconds to do that, instead of filling up the game with another player.

Speaking of filling up games, the game still puts people into games where the score has already been decided or games that have already ended, where you only see the scoreboard and get a loss and gold out of it.

Cluttered inventories cause long loading times and ingame lag for a lot of players. I would suggest making a complete overhaul to the system and removing useless inventory items, especially things that don't need to be loaded during every map start.

Hitreg has been an issue since open beta, I and many other players have tried to brainstorm to find the causes. My current suspects are as follows:
Animations, a lot of times when you should be sure to hit your target during a custom stationary animation like air strike, vampire eating, deceiver dominate mind, the arrows just fly straight through them.
Two abilties, two classes, summoner and tyrant, shield and ignore pain, these are the only classes I remember shooting and having the bug where you see the health bar blinking but you are doing no damage, so I was thinking that maybe it has to do with abilities being bugged, shield and IP respectively.
Hitboxes in general, even the standstill vampire hitboxes are not quite where they are supposed to be, the other side of the vampire you can miss by a full crosshair size at close to midrange and the otherside is harder to hit, this gets even worse when the vampires are moving.
Anti-cheat, this has always been my number one suspect, since the early stage of closed beta didn't use any anti-cheat as far as I remember, and the hitreg was significantly better.
Ping/Network/Lag compensation, I don't know what system Nosgoth is using, but would be interesting to see how the hitboxes actually move with the player models and animations when playing with different connection speeds.

Developement:

I personally feel that the developers should engage more in constructive discussion about ideas, suggestions and concerns that players on this forum have, I also feel like this is how most of the veterans feel in here. Something like this reddit conversation happens once in a year and makes your players very happy: https://www.reddit.com/r/nosgoth/comments/2x9h04/vampire_dps_has_changed/

I would like to add that for the first time in my gaming "career", Nosgoth is a game where after every update, I'm more afraid of what you will break instead of being hyped about what you will fix. Again I feel like I'm not the only one here, just something I wanted to share.

Ps. Give Eric a raise, the game looks beautiful.

Edit: Fixed some typing errors and made the post easier to read, didn't have time to read through it earlier, sorry.

Da_Wolv
11th Sep 2015, 16:47
I can concur for most of it.

Worst offenders for me are:

Tyrant Enrage

Infect and Puncture hitreg: Utterly inconsistent. Sometimes you miss what should have been a hit, other times you hit in impossible fashion.

Sprint Speed stacking for humans, combined with the broken Melee ranges and hit detection for Reaver and Summoner makes fights really painful. Good humans just dodge backwards and you need 2-3 attacks to get back in range.

BUT THE WORST THING:
Dodging through enemies.
Harmaa mentioned this a couple times, but never really named it as the problem itself. I think it is:
Your teammates can block all movement, but enemies can pass right through you? How does that make sense?
In fact, the only way you cannot move through enemies is by regular walking, which prevents invisible Deceivers from doing it, all other classes move by attack+dodge spamming, so it doesn't apply to them.
It is an incredibly cheap tactic to avoid abilities and melee hits. Puncture is one of the hardest abilities to reliably hit when too close. As a human, I even try to snuggle up to the Sentinels as close as I can, to make puncture miss. Kick has the same problem. The animation moves you through the target and applies the damage behind the model.
This needs to be removed imho. Either make all characters block each other, or allow to pass through teammates; but blocking teammates and ghosting through enemies makes no sense

Toadzillasenpai
11th Sep 2015, 17:29
First of all:
Everything you mentioned is to 100% correct and i´ll support you.
And ty for the textwall of doom, it was needed!

So... I´m a Summoner/dec main and i hate to play them atm, because you feel like your meeleattacks are hitting your target for only 50% or sometimes you are just boxing some air. Stacking them with attackspeed perks and enchants makes that even worse! It´s really frustrating as a summoner atm.
And to be added... i think the reaver and summoner are the weakest vampires atm... they are just meatshields , who are hitting nothing.

Swrods
11th Sep 2015, 18:54
I agree with most of it.
But, in my opinion, enrage is fine. It's high risk (bola, hex-shot, etc.) and high rewarding.
And the hex-shot hitbox shouldn't be nerfed. The cooldown is higher than the cooldown of a bola. So there should be an advantage (like this hitbox) over the bola. And there is still a bug with hex-shot at close-range. If the vampire is too close, the hex-shot will often disappear without hitting him.

Harmaatukka
12th Sep 2015, 00:23
This needs to be removed imho. Either make all characters block each other, or allow to pass through teammates; but blocking teammates and ghosting through enemies makes no sense

I like this idea, this could very well fix a lot of things related to close range combat, if vampires couldn't dodge through humans. I wouldn't go as far as making the human like a wall that you can't roll over, rather push the human out of the away if you dodge towards him, considering the vampires are stronger than the human.

So... I´m a Summoner/dec main and i hate to play them atm, because you feel like your meeleattacks are hitting your target for only 50% or sometimes you are just boxing some air. Stacking them with attackspeed perks and enchants makes that even worse! It´s really frustrating as a summoner atm.
And to be added... i think the reaver and summoner are the weakest vampires atm... they are just meatshields , who are hitting nothing.
Thank you for reading and commenting.
Anyway, I personally think the summoner is even worse than a reaver in melee combat, it's like using a dinosaur in a fist fight (small hand and all that). The charged attack of the summoner is the most annoying attack to pull off, and even the normal melee combat can be outright frustrating sometimes.
The only reason I didn't elaborate on the summoner combat myself is because I ran out of time when I was typing this up, had to leave to work.

I agree with most of it.
But, in my opinion, enrage is fine. It's high risk (bola, hex-shot, etc.) and high rewarding.
And the hex-shot hitbox shouldn't be nerfed. The cooldown is higher than the cooldown of a bola. So there should be an advantage (like this hitbox) over the bola. And there is still a bug with hex-shot at close-range. If the vampire is too close, the hex-shot will often disappear without hitting him.

The problem is not with the enrage ability, it's the stacking of the buffs, health and improved damage. Sure I love using them as I main in tyrant and play it well, but that particular combination is overpowered in my opinion.

I don't really understand the comment on the hex shot, the ability already has significant advantages over a bola. It slows the enemy down to a crawl and the enemy is unable to use any abilities to escape (takeoff, shadow step, shroud, illusions, ignore pain, enrage for moving away faster) that you can when bolad. It flies in a straight line like a bullet, lasts longer and even deals instant 100 damage to the enemy.

There are two reasons why abilities don't work in close range, number one like Wolv said is that the vampires can roll inside of you, and the second reason is directly related, the abilities don't start from your "camera" like shooting does, but instead they are casted from the the player model, a little bit in front of the player model afaik..

Arydious
12th Sep 2015, 00:24
Pounce reavers... where do I start. The main problem is that reaver is the class people begin with and pounce is the ability, this combo alone is what makes low level gameplay hard, slow, frustrating and what not. Pounce causes people to camp on rooftops and around corners, just waiting for a low health target to jump on, combine this with several low level reavers in one team and the fight is almost lost before it even starts. The only time the ability really is useful, is when you can single out a target so that the team is unable to help, otherwise you just end up going for a self disable and usually taking more damage than you do on the target, or outright dying immediately against better players. For balance reasons I suggest making sweeping kick and shadow step the default setup for beginners, so that they learn to play the class properly, or at least change pounce to leap attack.

I quoted this part because I feel it's probably the most important part of the all of this. Let's not set up the new players to leave the training brackets and come into a normal bracket expecting to pounce anyone. We want the player base to grow and the best way to do this is to teach all the newer players good habits from level 1 on.

Harmaatukka
12th Sep 2015, 01:23
I quoted this part because I feel it's probably the most important part of the all of this. Let's not set up the new players to leave the training brackets and come into a normal bracket expecting to pounce anyone. We want the player base to grow and the best way to do this is to teach all the newer players good habits from level 1 on.

Yes! So much this, I also have another really great idea on how to teach proper gameplay and close the skill gap between new and veteran players, it's something that I have been toying with in my head for quite a while, I'll make a separate thread on it later, I don't feel like typing and thinking much more today.

Nurgor
12th Sep 2015, 09:59
yep to all u guys said before, but to me the worst problem still is and will always be the matchmaking, it all started off when they "released" the game overflown with bugs and often not working correctly into the open beta.
The open beta should have been the moment when lots of players join the war of nosgoth and with a bit of time solve the matchmaking problem(aka getting matched against players way above or below your skill level and getting matched against groups as a solo player). But with the "release" of a buggy, not-nearly finished game to the public lots of players started playing and stopped almost immediately, cause buggs and other ****.
So now we are in the situation that there are at most 1000 players online(and about half of that is probably actively playing the game). That are few, rly few ppl... so i think they should first focuss on correcting this grave mistake and start thinking of a way to get players back to play nosgoth, so that the matchmaking will get better eventually too(and no, a solution is not to implement new cosmetic stuff...).

Shikei001
12th Sep 2015, 11:17
+1, I agree with all what has been said to this point !
We definitely need to arise more attention to threads like this, many of the problems named, are in this game since forever...
Without any change !!!

I hope the dev's read what u have said and make this game a better place <3

riccetto80
12th Sep 2015, 14:35
agree on 90%

and i really fully realize how broken is this game, is a mess reading your post.

R3dLine237
13th Sep 2015, 04:38
I also agree with most of it, i'd say keep the hitbox for hexshot and bola just make it so you'd do it if a vampire is near a wall and 10% of the bola/hexshot may touch u, that's retarded. Most urgent fix i'd say is backstab/infect through targets also the kick, maybe making going through enemies should be impossible?! just saying. Tyrant stuff i'd say keep it like that, it's fun to play it like that, yet if against a good team with hex/bola/warbow you just get instarekt, vs noobs it's really OP as you said. Otherwise i noticed the sprint speed stack which should not be allowed, happened for me in a game where i was chasing and after going like the whole fane from corner to corner(almost) his team randomly spawns in my face. You should mention stupid spawns too in charge/alchem flames/chocking haze etc. And the clones on deceiver... those soak up loads of damage, deceiver in my opinion is the one class that could take any human class 1v1 on the easiest

senjuj
13th Sep 2015, 07:04
deceiver in my opinion is the one class that could take any human class 1v1 on the easiest
no, all sneaky vampires could take any human class 1v1.

senjuj
13th Sep 2015, 07:45
imho about skills.
alk light bomb: set cd to 20 s and make self-damage (or remove from explosive shot, trap, disabling curse etc).
prophet hexshot: set damage threshold to 50-100 (much better than all bola, damage or disable).
a bit improve prophet dual and quick pistols.
do something good with vanguard.
tyr jump: reduce damage to 350-400 and cd (8 s), increase velocity at 1,5-2 times.
tyr ground slam: increase area at 2 times to 900 (slam - low damage at large area, shockwave - medium damage at line, throw - high damage at point target).
tyr throw: increase animation speed.
tyr ignore pain: reduce cd to 20 s and duration to 5 s, allow attack with −85 % penalty to all damage. (it will increase tactics: allow out from battle by charge/jump, control humans by charge, slam, shockwave, throw (with very low damage) and move by hit and roll)

kLauE187
13th Sep 2015, 10:09
Sprintspeed broken? You know only the perk alone is pretty useless. Meanwhile tyrant gets almost 100% dmg buff in enrage and over 1500hp with the correct stats. Add a shockwave to it which is one of the hardest abilities to dodge if you dont outplay him and a free charged melee which means you are almost dead because he landed 1 shockwave on you. BALANCED!

schnoll
13th Sep 2015, 12:20
Agree on most of it.

I would add allow + ammo stat on alchemist weapons.

senjuj
13th Sep 2015, 13:11
almost 100% dmg buff in enrage and over 1500hp
how?
perk 20 % + 16 % abil + 50 % enr = +86 % dmg at ≤485 hp and 1471 hp (+ 121 hp (+5+2+2 %))
or perk 5 % + 9% abil = 1539 hp (+189 hp) and +66 % dmg at ≤507 hp.
probable decision: perk damage and enrage % should be multiplicative, not additive. 0,5+0,36*0,5=+68 % dmg at ≤485 hp.

kLauE187
13th Sep 2015, 14:46
how?
perk 20 % + 16 % abil + 50 % enr = +86 % dmg at ≤485 hp and 1471 hp (+ 121 hp (+5+2+2 %))
or perk 5 % + 9% abil = 1539 hp (+189 hp) and +66 % dmg at ≤507 hp.
probable decision: perk damage and enrage % should be multiplicative, not additive. 0,5+0,36*0,5=+68 % dmg at ≤485 hp.

whatever professor, doesn't change the fact that tyrant benefited the most from crafting and that enrage is broken.

TheDreamcrusher
13th Sep 2015, 16:34
whatever professor, doesn't change the fact that tyrant benefited the most from crafting and that enrage is broken.

Enrage is not broken. It's strong, but not broken. Just disable him AND DON'T SHOOT HIM until it wears off.

Nurgor
13th Sep 2015, 18:38
Enrage is not broken. It's strong, but not broken. Just disable him AND DON'T SHOOT HIM until it wears off.

or disable and burst him ^^

and again i have to urge that the real problem is the matchmaking, a bit more than 1 1/2 years since closed beta start and the matchmaking is probably worse now than then... for example yet again today i had to play 3 games in a row with incompetent non-teamplayers with less than 100 hrs of (Steam)-playtime against a competent stack of over 300 hrs players... i mean WTF!?!?!?

Harmaatukka
13th Sep 2015, 19:52
I'm not going to touch the enrage topic here, the ability itself is fine, it's the stack that I'm worried about.

Anyway, I wanted to illustrate the problem with the animations and hitreg issues with the alchemist that happen to me all the time. In this particular video the sentinel would die from the next hit, but instead the projectile flies straight through him. On this video the projectile drops in to the basement, but in the actual game, the projectile hit the leg of the sentinel and bounced off of it, which is even more ridiculous.

https://youtu.be/mQPWS3GgCpw

Edit:

And here's a nice illustration of the broken spawn logic in the game, this is from the EU ESL sunday cup today. 3rd place match, second map. Can someone please explain the logic behind this spawn?

http://www.twitch.tv/dawolv/v/15849989?t=2h52m29s

Halpachino
14th Sep 2015, 00:32
If ya want to nerf enrage i think the best bet is too give him a flat damage bonus or get rid of the stats on ability's which i would much rather.

Also i dont think sprint speed is that much of problem , i think that combined with the melee roll it gives them enough distance to outrun a vampire so i think the problem is the melee roll.

I also dont like the fact that you can melee your way out of ability's i don't know how many times i correctly anticipated a dodge roll from a human only to have my charge or abduct miss because of the melee swing animation.
I think it should be static when you swing or at least the distance you travel lowered.

All your ideas are great harma but me and you both know that this stuff your suggesting will not happen or take a very long time too as they are too busy spending 10 of thousands of euro on their broken league system #waitingforoverwatch

Swrods
14th Sep 2015, 10:56
Sounds have been broken always, but even more during the last two patches, some sounds don't play at all, while a sound like sentinel abduct comes too late to actually react, even if you start casting your bola the moment you hear the sound, you might not be able throw it in time to catch the sentinel for example. The sentinel abduct sound might be related to the lag abuse I was talking about earlier, while the other sound bugs could be anything I guess. Maybe too many ambient sounds, giving an option disable the environment sounds could be a fix for it, or maybe enable OpenAL as it's supported by the game engine, that could fix the problem for some people.

Anti-cheat, this has always been my number one suspect, since the early stage of closed beta didn't use any anti-cheat as far as I remember, and the hitreg was significantly better.

In my opinion, these are the most important and most annoying bugs. It happens pretty often that sentinels or deceivers make no sound.
And especially as prophet, you still have shots without dmg...
The false positives of the anticheat (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=156734) never got fixed. They only increased the hit-tolerance!

kLauE187
14th Sep 2015, 14:18
I think it should be static when you swing or at least the distance you travel lowered.
So make it useless? Melee-roll is the only movement as human in this game to outplay your opponent and people want to nerf it like wtf. This would lower the skill ceiling so hard. And btw i catched up to hesten yesterday even with his full sprintspeed loadout what shouldn't be possible??? People should work on their mechanics before they cry.

Halpachino
14th Sep 2015, 15:24
So make it useless? Melee-roll is the only movement as human in this game to outplay your opponent and people want to nerf it like wtf. This would lower the skill ceiling so hard. And btw i catched up to hesten yesterday even with his full sprintspeed loadout what shouldn't be possible??? People should work on their mechanics before they cry.

Humans are ranged they don,t need advanced movement and what i want gone is the ability to dodge and then melee out of the way when i correctly anticipate the dodge roll otherwise you might as just as well take the cool down off dodge roll.
Also relax its only a suggestion

kLauE187
14th Sep 2015, 16:03
Humans are ranged they don,t need advanced movement and what i want gone is the ability to dodge and then melee out of the way when i correctly anticipate the dodge roll otherwise you might as just as well take the cool down off dodge roll.
Also relax its only a suggestion
It already has a cooldown. It's not like you can do this 5 times a second. It also slows you after so i don't see what's wrong with it. If you can't stick to a target as vampire you get punished. Easy as this.

Halpachino
14th Sep 2015, 16:59
Except you do correctly anticipate a humans movement only to miss you ability because the melee propels you forward so much.
I do it all the time grabs or charges where the enemy correctly anticipated my dodge only to get away with it because of the melee swing. Also most ability's have turn rate caps so they cant counteract for a dodge and a melee swing.
Anyway its just my two cents and i know most people wont agree but i really think humans do not need it and would be fine without it.