PDA

View Full Version : Late to the party.

Alinko
11th Sep 2015, 04:35
Hey everyone!

Well, what can I say? I'm super late to the party. Just when I thought my interest in video games was running a little slim, by chance and an quick impulsive buy (20 bucks, why not?) I napped Life is Strange. And HOLY CRAP, what an effing amazing game! I think I speak for the collective when I say it is an emotional roller coaster ride, and that's not really a bad thing! For me, my interest in games were wearing out due to the fact that developers are now focussing on online play instead of a good ol' story to be told. Like a book or movie, I can only enjoy myself if I actually care about the characters. You present a story and a character, it's like "great, give me reasons why I SHOULD care about him/her and what's happening." It's safe to say that this game has got it in spades..

But then there's Max.. My dream girl..

Det_Forrester
11th Sep 2015, 05:01
Nice of you to join us, mate. :wave: And at a good time, too. :D You are absolutely right, this has been such a roller coaster of emotions. The final episode is almost here. I hope that you're about as ready for it as the rest of us.

Alinko
11th Sep 2015, 05:04
I don't know how you guys have survived though! I started to play the game when episodes through 1-4 was readily available. I basically played 1-4 in one sitting and couldn't get enough of it. The wait for episode 5 is KILLING me.

Tataboj
11th Sep 2015, 05:56
I don't know how you guys have survived though! I started to play the game when episodes through 1-4 was readily available. I basically played 1-4 in one sitting and couldn't get enough of it. The wait for episode 5 is KILLING me.

Yeah, I just wanted to say, at least you got a little of the waiting. :)

For me, this is evolution of videogames. Movies need to be about 90 minutes long but the longer is the game, the better. And the feeling how you get completely identified with the character can no film accomplish in my opinion. Yes, I fell in love with Max. :)

julietxjules
11th Sep 2015, 05:58
It's never too late! And when one finds quality - one instinctively knows it!

I am the same in the sense that my love for gaming was at an all time low, but then at the end of January this wonderful new game emerged from the humdrum of constant repetition resulting in my interest being revitalised.

Alinko
11th Sep 2015, 06:58
It's good to know I'm not alone in this struggle! At least I have like-minded people here to hangout with until Eposide 5 arrives!

jadehill2001
11th Sep 2015, 13:23

Same for me. I only started a few week ago and I've played episodes 1-4 three times already.

Ross42899
11th Sep 2015, 22:35
Yeah. I'm also "late to the party" and started playing episodes 1 - 4 a few weeks ago for the first time. And now I can't wait for episode 5. Now I know how hard it must have been for the people who started right after the release of episode 1.

ScottBlows
15th Sep 2015, 14:16
Hi Alinko,

Nice to meet you and thank you for the kind words - glad to hear you are enjoying Life is Strange so much.

Don't be a stranger :)