PDA

View Full Version : So many issues with Ranked...

Blazzphemy
10th Sep 2015, 21:25
First and foremost the level requirement is NOT HIGH ENOUGH! 10 is enough for people to figure out how to MAYBE use one class...

New blood is ruining the Ranked experience by a long shot. So now I am sitting here on a nice losing streak because I keep getting level 10-15s on my team. Not to mention their complete inability to work as a team member and not run n gun and chase the vamps to their AND the teams death. I know I keep clicking Nosgoth in my steam library but it feels like Madden '15 with all the throws from my team.

Second, the rating system really does seem like a joke. I am not going to grind my way to the top AGAIN through the crowds of awful players as I've had to do the past 3-4 ranked tests. My Eternal rating should have taken affect on my placements, but no, back to silver and lack of wanting to play this anymore.

Third is the joke of prizes you are shelling out for these ranked ordeals. Keys... really? There is nothing good in those chests... NOTHING.

Forth, with every ranked test opening there is a slew of new issues. Constant "Nosgoth has stopped working" after every match, even more reason to not play. Irritation on top of dealing with in-game irritations.

Fifth is the in game VOIP. It is terrible, remove it. Gone, Get it out. Maybe talk to people who know what they are doing in terms of VOIP. Take in consideration that Curse Voice.

Last for now is just about all the maps need to be touched up. There are too many places for the humans to set up and make it near impossible to close the gaps without being shot at by everyone on the team and dying before being in melee range of a human.

*Stormbow still does not need to explode on every shot. Either make Warbow make vampires stagger with every shot or make stormbow ONLY SHOOT EXPLOSIVE WHEN FULLY CHARGED!

Fadedwings
11th Sep 2015, 01:38
I have to agree with all the ranked related issues, it appears that every single match you either have 1 player who just runs around doing 500 damage in one round. (I'm not blaming that person because you're making him fight opponents that are level 50.) I'm also in for a higher level requirement because Nosgoth is not a game where 1 level 50 is going to carry an entire team of low levels vs a team with more than 2 higher levels, I've played vs enough high end ESL players who couldnt do that either. The game is just not made for that purpose.

Which means that the only thing that seperates ranked from a tiring grind is the fact that:
If you're skillfull enough, you need to have enough 'luck' to get a good matchup with:
1) No leavers on your side (There is currently around a 20% chance of this happening)
2) No 1 low level that you have to carry, because a 3v4 in Nosgoth is a 90% chance of defeat
3) No too huge of a level gap between your team mates and the opponents, where I currently don't notice a system which takes care of this

Only if the game satisfies these 3 conditions and you are skillfull enough will the game's end result actual determine your skill level. It sounds like this is an easy thing to do but for some reason going ranked is flooded with low level players giving 2) a high chance of occuring. All this together means that you are basically gambling untill you have reached Eternal league. There is no fun in this endless grind.

SafeWhite
11th Sep 2015, 03:20
1. There level cap for ranked needs raised.
2. Leavers need to be given a leaver status and matched with others that have it. They must complete two games to rid of it. The amount of games needed to rid of it needs to increase with every leave in ranked.
3. If someone abandons a ranked match you are in it shouldn't count as a loss. The winning team should still be awarded. However no one should be punished because of leavers.

I have been placed from top of my Blood ladder to lowest bronze. 5/5 of my placements games where 3v4 and lost. I have yet to play a ranked that has not been 3v4 on my side. It's absolutely ridiculous. The community of this game is just spiraling downhill. People took it more seriously before ranked existed.

TheDreamcrusher
11th Sep 2015, 06:00
2. Leavers need to be given a leaver status and matched with others that have it. They must complete two games to rid of it. The amount of games needed to rid of it needs to increase with every leave in ranked.

I want this. Stop pooling leavers with the rest of us who complete games, TDM or ranked. Give them a leaver queue, let them hop games between themselves. Also, for all that is holy, end the frickin' ranked game if it goes on for 3 minutes or longer if one side has 3 players or less. Just do it.

AdmiralPPR
11th Sep 2015, 07:25
First and foremost the level requirement is NOT HIGH ENOUGH! 10 is enough for people to figure out how to MAYBE use one class...

New blood is ruining the Ranked experience by a long shot. So now I am sitting here on a nice losing streak because I keep getting level 10-15s on my team. Not to mention their complete inability to work as a team member and not run n gun and chase the vamps to their AND the teams death. I know I keep clicking Nosgoth in my steam library but it feels like Madden '15 with all the throws from my team.

This is only natural - it seems as a flawed system, because the league starts all over again and again. Once a season runs half a year or something like that the initial placement will even out at some point.
I, for example, started with CS:GO a few weeks ago (been playing CS since beta, but stopped at some point) and had to deal with the same issues - there's just no way around it ... damn that newbs :D

Second, the rating system really does seem like a joke. I am not going to grind my way to the top AGAIN through the crowds of awful players as I've had to do the past 3-4 ranked tests. My Eternal rating should have taken affect on my placements, but no, back to silver and lack of wanting to play this anymore.

I don't like the idea of starting a new season with the results from the last - makes for less diversity (imaging the last superbowl winner starting with a head start in the new season... no fun at all).

Third is the joke of prizes you are shelling out for these ranked ordeals. Keys... really? There is nothing good in those chests... NOTHING.

It's only a beta right now - what do you expect? Real money for a week of playing?

Forth, with every ranked test opening there is a slew of new issues. Constant "Nosgoth has stopped working" after every match, even more reason to not play. Irritation on top of dealing with in-game irritations.

Fully agreed - bugs should be fixed at SOME point right? :D

Fifth is the in game VOIP. It is terrible, remove it. Gone, Get it out. Maybe talk to people who know what they are doing in terms of VOIP. Take in consideration that Curse Voice.

It is, but it would be really helpful IF it worked ^^

Last for now is just about all the maps need to be touched up. There are too many places for the humans to set up and make it near impossible to close the gaps without being shot at by everyone on the team and dying before being in melee range of a human.

It's a fine line between high-level human ownage and making it too easy for the vamps in medium- to lower skill levels.
That said, I would also prefer to have the vampires be the stronger force in every skill level. This would stay true to the lore and feel better (imaging the struggle as a human to even win one teamfight and the joy of having done it ^^)

*Stormbow still does not need to explode on every shot. Either make Warbow make vampires stagger with every shot or make stormbow ONLY SHOOT EXPLOSIVE WHEN FULLY CHARGED!

No idea - are the staggers real or just animation?

Harmaatukka
11th Sep 2015, 10:25
1. Completely agree on this one. I would actually prefer if ranked was locked until you have unlocked the lvl 25 skin for one human and one vampire. And you would only be able to play classes that are level 25 in ranked.

2. Completely disagree on this one. Having some kind of time advantage over players that have less time to play, or are just starting to play the league, would be both unfair and unwise (grinding advantage).

3. This is just a short beta before the actual league starts, I'm surprised they are giving out anything but the banners.

4. I get this crash as well, highly annoying. Also I get the "Congratulations you have gained rank X" window after every normal non-ranked TDM game, and it's not even correctly positioned, it goes partly outside of my monitor.

5. This is very important and should be fixed, I'd also suggest removing it for now, because it has an effect on the actual ingame sounds. Some people are running open mic the entire match and you don't hear the enemies properly.

6. The maps are fine, this has more to do with the individual skill of the players and the understanding of teamplay, than anything else.

7. Stopping power and AoE is the only reason to use the storm bow in the first place, I see no reason to change this in any way.

JebaoVasnick
11th Sep 2015, 10:33
anti cheat system is still what i find priority, because this is becoming insane here is some of my experiance :
- 5 times in a row a deceiver comes to my spawning place and the moment I spawn he backstabs me and rips me apart player name ****
- sentinel knowing my position every single time without using sonic while I am scout hidden even from my self and using cloak
- Hunters killing me with 5 shots ( full HP I jump and during my fall hunter kills me 1k damage one player )
- Hunters that kill 3 vampires and do not reload a single time
- vampire untouched by fully charged warbow several times in a row( not a ping issue ping was fine and no I did not miss and be sure i took the shoot like 10 times)

The procedure of reporting players is hilarious you are asking players to do the job for you finding the cheater recording him posting screen shots maybe we should also make anticheat for you aswell so you can give us 3 keys per league

riccetto80
11th Sep 2015, 13:38
dear lord people you want even more punishment for leavers?

dont you see the penality bigger and bigger dont stop the leavers? i have 9 games and around half was with leavers, in one ALL enemy team leave.

also, a 3 vs 4 we manage to DRAW the match and win first round, the game give me 3 point for this, we deserve the point as victory, damn, was so difficult and stressful to push like crazy to be able to almost win a 3 vs 4 and end up in a draw. a huge disappointment and teach me is no reason to push to try to win or draw a 3 vs 4 anyway the game dont care and will give you almost 0 point, so next time i will hide and wait the round to finish.

anyway, the leavers keep leave... and now we have a new phenomena, player who walk around doing 0 just to dont play a unbalance match but dont leave cause penality...

you people, and the dev must understand if the match is unbalanced as hell, peple dont like it be dead meat and will not play it, you do crazy punishment for leave? people will not leave but explore the map or **** around instead of play, lol.

TheDreamcrusher
11th Sep 2015, 21:27
Well, I now see people on a regular basis trying to troll ranked leagues from the get go.

How, you ask? By abusing a bug where they can exit the lobby the moment before the game pauses to begin loading the match during the countdown.

I've seen several people trying to do it and fail. I've began about 3 games now without a 4th player on my team.