PDA

View Full Version : About the reconnect function and leaver punishment

Nurgor
10th Sep 2015, 17:59
Hi, I have a problem regarding the reconnect function and leaver punishment.
The situation is as follows, i want to stream nosgoth on twitch, and ingame my internet suddenly says, nope i will disconnect for a few seconds, just cause. I instantly get back in client and stream, but ofc... another player has taken my place in the game i was in, which leads to me having to wait 10 min for a non-voluntary leave from the game.

The problem is that i can't rejoin a game i left for 3 sec due to my internet having a spasm, cause another player instantly joins in, which means i get a penalty.

Soo pls pls pls dear Psyonix change this, either in the way that i have more time to rejoin a game i non-voluntary left, or in the way that the guy who replaced me gets kicked out when i try to reconnect again. I would rly appreciate if this gets changed asap, cause streaming with this problem is a bit of a pain in the ****.

lg Nurgor

MLGibus
11th Sep 2015, 14:06
Hi,
So today my game has crashed twice. First time it happened I tried to 'reconnect' but it couldn't find the server...
I went and made dinner and came back about 30 min later. Then again about 15 min into my next game it crashes and once again couldn't find the server. There's no attempt to rejoin the game you left after the first try fails so I'm basically screwed for 30 minutes.

Game has not crashed before today.

There's also problems where people are waiting in lobbies with spots free for some time and then someone joins and then says something like "finally, I've been waiting like 10 minutes". Why exactly would this be the case?

Also are these crashes going to affect my ability to find matches?

Regards,
Ben

GrootForce
12th Sep 2015, 01:36
If your game quits not me I shouldnt be punished from being able to play. I wait 5-10 min to get to play they the game crashes and when I try to come back and get back into a match i'm banned for 9 min, the time it takes to get into a bloody game.

You need to fix this its completely unfair to the player.

tihaub
14th Sep 2015, 07:17
I know that developpers are working on game's crashes.

But it's near impossible to reconnect after a crash. You have to restart the game, click like a mad man to get through title screens, wait to connect to your account, wait the arsenal loads, and then click the RECONNECT button...

and someone took your place... > 10 min ban (and more if it happens a lot)

I know that you, developpers, are constantly thinking how to improve the game experience

Here's my suggest ( and i assume that isn't an original idea)

Locking the emplacement for 1 min of the person who crashed. 1 min isn't a big issue in a 10min half, and it leaves enough time for him to reconnect.

I love you guys, for this great game, for all you've done so far.

tihaub
14th Sep 2015, 22:40
another day, another crashes, but even more buggy. Playing game normally, game disconnect me from game without crashing, reconnect me by itself, then i finished the game, and earn a 20 min ban for nothing.
thanks! :cheek:

NinetailNala
15th Sep 2015, 20:30
So I see a lot of people are having frustrations with crashing causing bans and I am glad I am not the only one.

Allow me to share my lovely story:

It all started yesterday. Beautiful Nosgoth day, log in, get into a lobby, all well... Then it all began.
Stuck on loading screen with beautiful Tyrant skin on the screen, Nosgoth sign spinning... and spinning... and spinning... for 3 minutes and then I get kicked out.
Tried another time, since it was weird, spinning... spinning... spinning... kick.... 10 minute ban
Hm... wait for the 10 minutes.... tried one more time... spinning... spinning.... spinning... 30min ban
Okey, contacted Square Enix Support... no reply
Tried again today by email and their chat (which is not working btw)... no reply
Managed to fix the issue with a help from a friend (thank you Square Enix support) YEY
Got into a game finally... play for 9 minutes of the first round... Experiencing network issues message appears... got kicked out of the game with no Reconnect button for some reason.... 2 HOUR BAN!!!!!!

Thank you very much Nosgoth for having me spend 500+ hours in the game and basically banning me for games that I am not able to play or get a dc... that is simply an amazing way to show the comunity how much you care <3

itsRagnaros
16th Sep 2015, 02:23
The system is flawed, I dc for a minute and I can't rejoin because the reconnect option is bugged.
I restart nosgoth the option is gone...
I click play, I get a cool down I have to wait...
now after a few dcs guess what banned for 2 hours...
I don't think this system suits the game at this point in time, as the game is bugged in many ways...
I am tired of being banned for no reason... and I am sure that this happens to many others.
Please change it as soon as possible

RainaAudron
17th Sep 2015, 00:50
It seems definitely too severe - 30 mins after leaving twice? I would understand this in ranked as there is no replacement for the player who leaves, but in regular TDM it does not make sense... Does it stack between ranked/unranked and other modes?

NinetailNala
17th Sep 2015, 22:51
It seems definitely too severe - 30 mins after leaving twice? I would understand this in ranked as there is no replacement for the player who leaves, but in regular TDM it does not make sense... Does it stack between ranked/unranked and other modes?

TDM/Capture the body/Leagues all are getting stacked.

And if you leave again it goes up to 2 hours... following by 8 hours.... which for normal matches is ridiculous

--Ram--
18th Sep 2015, 03:48
For the ranked system to work two things must happen:

1. The reconnect option MUST be reliable.

This is still not happening and I can only hope the Psionix has the sense to see that it needs to be working before the next league starts. Ideally the game should be much more stable as well, but a reliable reconnect would mean that a d/c or crash only leads to a bit of an uphill battle in a game, rather than an almost guaranteed loss.

2. Queue dodging needs to die

The lobby must be anonymous until people are locked into the game OR the lobby needs to go entirely for ranked games. The victors of a match should be decided in game, not in the lobby screen by baddies who dodge strong opponents to look for easy wins.

TheDreamcrusher
18th Sep 2015, 04:09
2. Queue dodging needs to die

The lobby must be anonymous until people are locked into the game OR the lobby needs to go entirely for ranked games. The victors of a match should be decided in game, not in the lobby screen by baddies who dodge strong opponents to look for easy wins.

I'll say it again, I think this is a symptom of poor matchmaking, but I agree being able to cherry pick opponents is no good for ranked games.

Guardian1uk
19th Sep 2015, 15:18
I agree with and have suggested in the past that the leaver penalty should not be active on public/unranked matches, but on league matches it definately should stay as is.
Non league matches it generaly doesn't matter if someone quits the match as someone else will come along and join generaly, however on ranked having 1 person quit nevermind 2 can very often cost the team a match even if they ended up winning the first round.
Another thing I've said in the past and will keep saying is there NEEDS to be a surrender option for ranked matches, 3v4 your probley going to loose, 2v4 you are DEFINATELY going to loose regardless, which is why a surrender option is needed.

riccetto80
19th Sep 2015, 16:23
in ranked is not even need a penality so big, because itself if you lost point and position in rank is a big punish in ranked where you spend time and effort to climb up.

The issue in ranked is any naab is allow to play, need to be a experience limit, is not possible someone level 5 can enter a ranked, is normal enter just duo curiosity and as soon is slaughtered will quit, no matther penality, you can put as penality even 5 hours but the naab will leave anyway.

Another issue is the absence of surrender vote, damn even a 4 vs 0 keep going till the time finish, nosgoth lack of check about this kind of stuff, we need surrender vote and we need the match automatically close if turn a 4 vs 0 or a 4 vs 1.

is not possible you create a ranked match where will be not hotjoin and then you dont put a check to make the math end if 2 or more player of a team quit.

the issue is not the leaver itself is how the game react to this, atm react nothing, even a 4 vs 0 continue like is a normal match... this is insane.

superalien77
20th Sep 2015, 18:41
welp good to see this isnt just me, logged in was having a good match then bam, nosgoth crashes. quickly restart the game and im able to rejoin.(wohoo) but end of match i see that my team lost because they got destroyed in the 30 seconds i was gone. load up a second match, halfway through as vamps and were winning. then bam, nosgoth crashes. this time tried to reconnect but someone has taken my place and i cant play for 10 minutes.