PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth's Match Making

TheDreamcrusher
10th Sep 2015, 02:09
Pairing me with team mates who do less than 5k damage in 2 rounds? Failure.
Pairing me with vampires that constantly run in to solo a full group of humans? Failure.
Pairing me with people who have much, much lower rating than me against 3 or 4 people who are comparable to me? Failure.

And ranked games?

10 minute ban for me for leaving a ranked league game after 1, 2, or 3 people have already left the match? Failure.
Ranked games continuing after losing 1, 2, or 3 team members who are not reconnecting and not calling it a draw? Failure.

I used to get mad and tear into people who played poorly, but it's not their fault. I just let them be now and accept what I've been dealt. I get dealt poor teams all the time, though. I recognize the good people I have to play against all the time.

What I don't get is the consistency of this. I played around 100 matches in the last league and won 50/100 or very close to 50%. The games were somewhere around 95% landslides, losing or winning. There were few close matches, but I enjoyed them when they happened.

This is more of a rant than feedback, but it's been a long time coming.

riccetto80
11th Sep 2015, 13:41
man i know the feeling

TheDreamcrusher
11th Sep 2015, 21:03
man i know the feeling

Yea, I do. After 3 or 4 of these games, hoping for one good match, I just close it. I ground through the ranks of one league and got to Blood 1. I have no desire to do that again in ranked games. I'm just playing them now because there are hardly any players in TDM. Problem is with ranked is that no one is going to join to fill an open spot, so it's a lose/lose.

Hellboy_007
13th Sep 2015, 17:26
Players only have to fight against their tier, or close.

Bronze 5 against the eternal is nonsense.

The main problem is scoring in SOLO ranked games is that they do not depend on the personal score.

Lavamancer
14th Sep 2015, 17:02
Just got paired vs a guy from eternal, he dealt 3x damage comparing to our #1 or his #2. Can someone explain me why do I have to play with these people? I am in gold, I want to have fun here, not get raped.

Second game - guy left straight away after the match started.

Best part of it - you altered the coefficients, so I'm actually getting negative score afterwards. WHY ON EARTH?

Lavamancer
15th Sep 2015, 12:49
Second day of pure frustration, lost 4 games due to terrible matchmaking. Love the game, spent cash in here, but it looks like you guys just lost another customer... Make sure to send out an e-blast when you'll get this fixed.

PileOBones
22nd Sep 2015, 10:04
I played my very first day of Nosgoth today and I got matched up with people who have been playing for a lot longer. The difference in skill and experience level is very clear. Didn't even stand a chance.
SE really needs to fix that.

TheDreamcrusher
23rd Sep 2015, 00:15
I'm tempted to take a picture of every match summary I play this league to point out why this othersie pretty quality game is **** when it comes to actually playing it.

4 losses in a row with people who I'd say are playing at a Special Olympics level while I'm not, but that'd be offensive to the Special Olympics. This league is going great. Not to mention leavers and no solution for how those games resolve except for grinding out the remaining deaths.

I have no idea where my matchmaking rating sits because you pit me against 300-1500 hour players with 3-15 hour players on my team. I'm willing to bet it's been sunk to a level where I'm never going to have a fun match again simply because of the matchmaking dooming me to losses with inexperienced players.

--Ram--
23rd Sep 2015, 01:01
I played my very first day of Nosgoth today and I got matched up with people who have been playing for a lot longer. The difference in skill and experience level is very clear. Didn't even stand a chance.
SE really needs to fix that.

The unfortunate problem here is that very few new people ever pick this game up, and most that do don't stick around. You will find that just about everyone still playing this game has 150 hours, 300 hours, 1000 hours played or more. If you want to play you are going to have to accept that it will be an uphill battle, because that isn't likely to change any time soon.

Edit: By the sounds of it if you are matched up against Dreamcrushers team you might get the fun game you are after, he is hogging all the newbies.

TheDreamcrusher
24th Sep 2015, 06:00
Edit: By the sounds of it if you are matched up against Dreamcrushers team you might get the fun game you are after, he is hogging all the newbies.

I am. I don't share. :P