PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes – 9th September 2015

Saikocat
9th Sep 2015, 15:40
Feature Changes:

Updated Team Deathmatch health stations and execution from providing instant health regeneration, to applying a heal over time effect. When you now successfully use a station or complete an execution, you will be given a buff that heals over a duration. The health orb will show what your health will regenerate to.
Updated Team Deathmatch to help players understand the rules better. The UI has been updated to clearly show that there is an early end score that a team could reach. We have implemented a new line and a darkend bar to show that progress more.
Region requesting implemented in the game server.
Leaver penalty has been updated. Added in tiered penalty system for leavers. The penalty will increase as a player abandons more games.
Armory layout has changed with updated UI.

Bug Fixes:

Deceiver will not have arm FX from mysterious items while in Illusion revealing himself from the other illusions.
Fixed a bug where Humans could be dropped in the water when standing against certain rope fences when being grabbed
Fixed an issue that occurred rarely (and randomly) where one player is left in the team screen when the party tires to enter a lobby
Fixed a bug where you could get stuck in the "Killed By" screen at the start of the second round by hitting L (loadout)
Fixed an issue with NosCam Player View mode that showed debug text on abilities' icons
Fixed a bug where the "End Of Match" Leagues tab could be empty, with nothing displayed
Fixed a rare bug where you could get stuck in a static camera and not spawn in-game
Fixed an issue with Leagues where party members could get stuck synching after completing their last placement match
Animated Banners now have the correct icon indicating they are animated and not static
Players no longer can spawn inside cannons (causing a falling animation) in Flashpoint
Fixed a movement bug with the Reaver's "Sweeping Kick" attack that sometimes prevented forward movement (rare)
Resolved issues with Vampires climbing over various health stations
Resolved several collision issues on various maps

Known Issues:

When skipping through tabs repeatedly, the League tab may appear empty. Progress is not affected and this is just a UI error.
Leaver Penalty warnings in game chat and prompt messages will not display the right amount of time locked out of matchmaking after the first leaver penalty. Please refer to the Rules tab to know your penalty state. This is a text/display error and will be fixed.
The end of match animations are running a little slower, making the match summary tab appear too late if tabs are not skipped.

Captain3009
9th Sep 2015, 15:56
:flowers::thumb:

ApollosBow
9th Sep 2015, 16:06
This game is after coming a long way, good job....it really is in a nice state.........so.........:whistle:.........January release then?

Vampmaster
9th Sep 2015, 16:27
This game is after coming a long way, good job....it really is in a nice state.........so.........:whistle:.........January release then?

What is it about release that everyone seems to be waiting for? Any new features would need to be made public while the game is still in beta in order to have been tested because that's how the testing is done in this game. For that reason, we'll already have seen everything before release and at that point 'release' is just a label. Well, I suppose the devs get some time off and a wrap party or something. I guess they could invite the community if they wanted too. :naughty:

blackberrygoo
9th Sep 2015, 16:43
Server Eta?

Da_Wolv
9th Sep 2015, 16:50
So?
let me get this straight:

You use a heal station and execute like before, but instead of getting healed, you start to regen?
I hope you also decreased the time for exectutions, because if not, you will never be able to feed again as vampire and survive it. Pushing back is already incredibly annoying, and not even being fully healed when the animation is done is even worse.

I thought your health pool would increase over the time of the animation, not AFTER.

OFC I havent played it yet, but theoretically its aweful.

Saikocat
9th Sep 2015, 17:26
We're back online now!

Wolf_the_Legend
9th Sep 2015, 18:07
Resolved several collision issues on various maps
good!

Shikei001
9th Sep 2015, 18:09
First impression:

New Vamp healing rly nice :)

Human healing in my opinion still a bit to fast...

Dron1508
9th Sep 2015, 20:59
Feature Changes:
The health orb will show what your health will regenerate to.

What I've noticed is that regen level (for humans at least) is constant. Example from my own observation: successfully used healing station, I was immediately abducted by Sentinel. So, I got damage from the flight itself and fall damage, but it was healed very fast to "pre-abduct" value.

SirRudyMan
9th Sep 2015, 21:06
Leaver penalty has been updated. Added in tiered penalty system for leavers. The penalty will increase as a player abandons more games.

It seems like a good idea, but it could also be a bad thing if it's implemented wrong.

Is this penalty stacking during 1 day or all-time? If it's all-time, and you leave a game once a week for whatever reason and the penalty is like 10 min each time you leave, after a year you'll have to wait like 520 min when you leave? Even though you only leave a match like once a week? I have to leave the match now and then to help someone or to rush to an appointment...

How does this work? :confused:

Bazielim
9th Sep 2015, 22:34
Here's a screengrab from the 'Rules' tab in game (thanks Raina) that hopefully explains things a bit clearer on the new leaving penalty system.

From the info given there I'd assume it was an immediate ban when the threshold is reached over the previous x hours or x games.
So in the case of 1.2, if you leave a match and that put you at a 21% leave rate over the last 20 hours then you'll be barred for 30 minutes.

RainaAudron
9th Sep 2015, 22:40
What about matches which are 3v4 or other uneven numbers? I have thought that leaving those will not give any penalty...

Da_Wolv
10th Sep 2015, 07:42
There is also capped overhealing, meaning:

If you heal, your heal runs for about 8 seconds until the maximum health has been regenerated.
If however you only had 900 Health, heal and get hit 4s after the heal, you will still heal for the remaining 4 seconds, even if your health was full by the time you took the damage.
(At least thats what I noticed once or twice)

Can anyone confirm this? I think this adds a little redeeming factor to this.

Shikei001
10th Sep 2015, 08:05
There is also capped overhealing, meaning:

If you heal, your heal runs for about 8 seconds until the maximum health has been regenerated.
If however you only had 900 Health, heal and get hit 4s after the heal, you will still heal for the remaining 4 seconds, even if your health was full by the time you took the damage.
(At least thats what I noticed once or twice)

Can anyone confirm this? I think this adds a little redeeming factor to this.

Yes, I can confirm it :)

I went to a heal station with about 870 HP, my health started regen then a nade exploded next to me (around 200-250 dmg), after regend ended I had completle healed to 1050 HP :)

The question is... Is this intended ?

SirRudyMan
10th Sep 2015, 09:54
What about matches which are 3v4 or other uneven numbers? I have thought that leaving those will not give any penalty...

I'm wondering this too. Do you get the same penalty when you leave a match with 3 or less people in your team? Even when the people that leave won't rejoin? :scratch:

Yes, I can confirm it :)

I went to a heal station with about 870 HP, my health started regen then a nade exploded next to me (around 200-250 dmg), after regend ended I had completle healed to 1050 HP :)

The question is... Is this intended ?

Reading this makes me wonder if regen over time is such a good idea... it completely changes the gameplay :(

lucinvampire
10th Sep 2015, 12:00
Feature Changes:

I'm just curious, is this just in League or unranked modes as well? I only ask because it was 10 mins in unranked modes then become 3 so is it back to 10? :scratch:

Not that I ever leave a match, it's only if my computer decides to DC, but I'm just curious.

kLauE187
10th Sep 2015, 12:03
I don't like this healing changes, pretty huge vampire-nerf especially in competitive. Also lowers the pace of a game which i dislike.

River_
11th Sep 2015, 10:06
I also am not a big fan of the new healing system. Right now healing only became more difficult. You'd have to wait to effectively regain all your health. At some longer engagements, this causes you sit out for a few seconds, while your team is getting pounded on.
Also, vampires can just jump in, even after the humans healed, because they will still be on low health directly after healing.

The way I imagined it was that when you start healing, your health rises gradually, and when you were done healing, it would take 1-2 seconds to fully reach your health. Not that you'd have the normal healing time + another 4-5 seconds to be fully healed.

Anyway, hope this will either be reverted or changed soon.

ApollosBow
11th Sep 2015, 16:43
What is it about release that everyone seems to be waiting for? Any new features would need to be made public while the game is still in beta in order to have been tested because that's how the testing is done in this game. For that reason, we'll already have seen everything before release and at that point 'release' is just a label. Well, I suppose the devs get some time off and a wrap party or something. I guess they could invite the community if they wanted too. :naughty:

Games hitting there release provides a huge step up in player base....maybe :hmm:

BZiGER
11th Sep 2015, 17:25
New patch new problems.
Just to say i also don't like new healing system. Don't know why you even put that in game.

And new problem is in RANKED game like with some older patches, right when i finish a match after a game sync in lobby I get a CRASH GAME every time.
In unranked everything is normal.

To be precise this is new bugs after patch:

*when i launch a game (x2 click on Nosgoth icon) some times it take to long to see post screen 5 to 10sec(never happened before) game is on SSD 840 evo on my system.
*second bug is, game crash after RANKED match every time.
*and also big dill for me I wont to complain, i play only with TYRANT and i wont to report SHOCKWAVE collision problem. When I execute Shockwave sometimes it just go thru opponent why he will keeps shooting on me with no problem.

* And NEW THING IMMPORTANT you can be in middle of the MATCH *RANKED* AND SERVER KICK YOU OUT (ME) LIKE NOTHING HAPPEND. AND I AM IN THE MENU SERCHING FOR NEW MATCH. NO WARNING NOTHING NO RESUME AND CAN'T RECCONECT NO OPTION FOR THAT LIKE I WASN BEEN IN A MATCH !!!!! I HAVE TO RECORD THIS ****.