PDA

View Full Version : Grandia Series

member_10803141
1st Jun 2012, 07:42
Xtreme and 3? Goodness they should have dropped the Grandia name from these games and saved us fans some grief.

Anyone else enjoy the first two 20733894739874 times more then those?

tiaeltaru
1st Jun 2012, 07:47
I enjoyed the first 2 a lot, but I enjoyed 3 plenty.

So eh, if we see a 4 I certainly would not mind, but doubtful it will happen.

member_10803141
1st Jun 2012, 08:05
3 was decent at best, just... it didn't have the same spark that the first two ignited in me.

Honestly I would love to see a sequel continuing on the stories of Justin and Feena, or Ryudo and Millenia/Elena :P but that's just one fanboy's pipedreams haha.

Xtreme though, I would never disgrace my PS2 by allowing that game into my system again.

member_10532174
1st Jun 2012, 08:25
I'm in agreement with Tonyr. Grandia I and II were great; but, the last couple were mediocre; I was very unimpressed with Xtreme, especially. I'd rather they leave the Grandia series alone, as they'll just destroy the name further with more titles like 3 and Xtreme.

tiaeltaru
1st Jun 2012, 08:38
3 was decent at best, just... it didn't have the same spark that the first two ignited in me.

Honestly I would love to see a sequel continuing on the stories of Justin and Feena, or Ryudo and Millenia/Elena :P but that's just one fanboy's pipedreams haha.

Xtreme though, I would never disgrace my PS2 by allowing that game into my system again.

I agree less Xtreme, but I enjoyed III.

Too bad no more, but the series creator did die last year :(

Yelvon
1st Jun 2012, 15:54
Grandia Xtreme had the best battle mechanics from all the Grandia titles. The best mana egg mechanic, was deep and rewarding. I love the multitude of team specials we could learn. Oh and most importantly, you didn't lose characters as the story progressed and you could pick your team anytime, I really enjoyed that. The soundtrack was not anywhere near as good as Grandia 2 but it was definitely a throw back to Grandia 1.

Grandia 3's biggest problem was the story and how kiddie the dialogue was, it was clinch worthy at times. I really liked the art style and the way the game flowed, the world map, and the battle system.

I hope Game Arts and SE make Grandia 4, there is no reason not to.

justin001
11th Jun 2013, 17:52
does anyone know if their will ever be a grandia four in the future i only played part 3 but nonetheless it was a relly amazing game

Grimoire
11th Jun 2013, 20:19
This thread belongs in the [Other Game Series (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139251/234327/other_game_series)] forum.

justin001
12th Jun 2013, 09:10
i played grandia three and thought it was pretty awsome i was wondering if thier was any chance of grandia 4 or any future for the game series

SurroundedSita
12th Jun 2013, 10:24
God I hope so. It's one of my favorite game series! Sadly, however, i do not think they will do anything else. Think of how long ago Grandia 3 came out!

ElysianEchoes
12th Jun 2013, 12:36
It could happen! I remember a GBA RPG series that had seven years between games. Not sure if I'm allowed to name it, seeing as it is not a SE game. I'll just call it Shiny Hydrogen Fusion.

Meanwhile, have you played Grandia Xtreme? And if you haven't played the first two, yet . . . Grandia 2 was very nice ^^

moooka
13th Jun 2013, 02:52
Game Arts didn't make any Grandia or Lunar game since the death of the studio's founder Takeshi Miyaji. Not sure if it's related or just a coincidence.

justin001
14th Jun 2013, 00:10
im listening to grandia 3 battle music so epic and awsome

dztaz1
15th Jun 2013, 12:43
Will there be a 4? Please bring III to PSN.....

lyles
15th Jun 2013, 15:58
I too would love to see a Grandia IV, but I don't have a PS4 so I'd have to wait for compatability on PC.