PDA

View Full Version : I need help deciding on what weapons I should use..

D3drick777
26th Sep 2012, 03:51
I just need help on deciding what weapons I should use as the main ones to kill monsters like Adamantortoises or something.
So far the weapons I am using are:
Lighting - Lionheart (I am thinking about switching to switching to Axis blade)
Fang - Taming pole (I would use Dragoon lance, but with Taming pole, I can get the skill Random instant chain.) Also, does that skill work while you are in COM mode or do you have to be in RAV mode? I get it more often while in RAV mode...
Snow - Undecided
Hope - Otshirvani
Sazh - Undecided
Vanille - Healer's Staff

Any suggestions?
Thanks

member_10687105
27th Sep 2012, 10:37
I just need help on deciding what weapons I should use as the main ones to kill monsters like Adamantortoises or something.
So far the weapons I am using are:
Lighting - Lionheart (I am thinking about switching to switching to Axis blade)
Fang - Taming pole (I would use Dragoon lance, but with Taming pole, I can get the skill Random instant chain.) Also, does that skill work while you are in COM mode or do you have to be in RAV mode? I get it more often while in RAV mode...
Snow - Undecided
Hope - Otshirvani
Sazh - Undecided
Vanille - Healer's Staff

Any suggestions?
Thanks

For going after Adamantoise/Adamantortoise, you would be well served by a very specific set of weapons. First, a bit of exposition.

The best leader against Adamantoise and Adamantortoise is Fang. This is partly because of her high Strength, partly because of Bravera and the other -ra buffs, and mostly because of Highwind. The best support character is Snow. He's an excellent Ravager and can serve as a Daze spammer when you get to damage dealing. The third party member depends on your development. If you're still working your way up the Crystarium, you should use Vanille for efficient healing. If you've nearly maxed the Crystarium, Lightning becomes a superior option.

Weapons:

Fang: Dragoon Lance is superior for fully optimized endgame farming, but Taming Pole will serve well enough before that point. R: IC does not function in this fight.

Snow: Feymark is the only weapon Snow should use in these fights. For a variety of reasons, you want to prevent him from using physical attacks, and Feymark is an indispensible part of forcing him to use magic.

Vanille: Belladonna Wand is far and away the best weapon for Vanille, and not just for these fights.

Lightning: Edged Carbine is the weapon of choice here. Like Snow, you're trying to force her to use all magic, and Edged Carbine is the best weapon for that. It is also arguably her best weapon in general.

Check this video (and the later stages) for the methods informing these choices: http://youtu.be/sciEeeVx-G0

If you're looking at other enemies, other weapons worth developing are Fang's Pandoran Spear, Snow's Power Circle, maybe Snow's Paladin, Lightning's Gladius, Hope's Hawkeye, Sazh's Antares Deluxes, Sazh's Rigels, and maybe Sazh's Pleiadies Hi-Powers.

t~