PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of Mana

RoyalJam
1st Jun 2012, 05:02
Who here actually liked it? I know it was not a big seller but I did enjoy it. I'm even working on a second playthrough. I did agree with most reviewers on this game though. It's a shame Square just didn't make the game similar to Secret of Mana in terms of game play and travelling through the world map. It could have been one of the best game for the PS2 just like Secret of Mana was in my opinion the best game for the SNES.

member_10532174
1st Jun 2012, 08:48
Ok, I'm not gonna lie, I played beginning to end. . . I wasn't a huge fan. It was kind of fun for the first chapter or two but I was getting bored with it. I enjoy a lot of the earlier mana series SNES, PSX and even Sword of Mana for the GBA. This game seemed to remind me of Kingdom Hearts-esque gameplay but just didn't do a good job of holding my attention is all.

Water
2nd Jun 2012, 18:15
I enjoy a lot of the earlier mana series SNES, PSX and even Sword of Mana for the GBA.

I agree, I loved Sword of Mana and would have preferred it to be more like that, but I kinda feel like comparing it is sort of hard because it's so different and more action/adventure than RPG.

ramoncp93
20th Jun 2012, 10:51
Oh gr8, second time writing this as I clicked Post Reply instead of submit LoL!

Well let me see if I remember all!

First of all when I bought the game i was excited, cause I though it as a Secret of mana(which I loved) game in 3D, so had high expectations!

The first turn off was when I passed the chapter and my level got reseted, I was like WT*, did I do something wrong? http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

But then I realized it got reseted every time, got over it!

But then it started to get really boring and I actually didnt finished it. I still have it here besides my PS2, but my lazyness won't let me finish it!

The gameplay I really liked at start, you know the freedom to move almost anything on your screen was fun! But it gets boring too quickly!

Overall, at start it is fun, but gets too boring, too fast!

RoyalJam
23rd Jun 2012, 17:49
Oh gr8, second time writing this as I clicked Post Reply instead of submit LoL!

Well let me see if I remember all!

First of all when I bought the game i was excited, cause I though it as a Secret of mana(which I loved) game in 3D, so had high expectations!

The first turn off was when I passed the chapter and my level got reseted, I was like WT*, did I do something wrong?

But then I realized it got reseted every time, got over it!

But then it started to get really boring and I actually didnt finished it. I still have it here besides my PS2, but my lazyness won't let me finish it!

The gameplay I really liked at start, you know the freedom to move almost anything on your screen was fun! But it gets boring too quickly!

Overall, at start it is fun, but gets too boring, too fast!

Finish it. The gameplay is challenging but fun. Trying to whip as many objects or monsters into each other to boost their stun number is a great concept. The story is very good yet the adventure should have been longer and taken you all over the world. I'm even nearing the end of my 2nd playthrough on hard.

member_10487638
10th Jul 2012, 15:22
I did not enjoy the transistion away from RPG into what seemed like 'Stage-based" storytelling. the combat was pretty good, though it did get boring quickly, customisation was lame, and the world felt like a patched together Free To Play Korean MMO.

i was irked at the destruction of the world. Secret of mana was one of the best Snes games ever.