PDA

View Full Version : Various Game Fix Ideas

LordGro
30th Aug 2015, 06:24
Don't know if these have been suggested before, but they really need to be added.

1.) 5v5, not 4v4; more interesting tactics and lets teams join easier
2.) 2 of same class limit per side to prevent stacking
3.) Station to change loadout without dying, like a health station
4.) Let people screw around in game while waiting on joiners to start
5.) Base rank off personal score per time in match, not wins
6.) Let people join league matches mid-game, way too many uneven league matches from droppers and DCs
7.) Spawn humans closer to living teammates in DM, not across the map which creates loop of humans rushing to teammates only to have them die and then be alone. Perhaps spawn them very close but invincible and unable to attack or use abilities and maybe mark them as such by having character flash or some such. This way they won't have to run across map, but can't attack until the effect wears off.
8.) Deduct kills from winning team in DM if no additional kills are scored within a certain time frame by them--this is to prevent camping/hiding from the winning time

Endsequenz
30th Aug 2015, 08:42
Don't know if these have been suggested before, but they really need to be added.

1.) 5v5, not 4v4; more interesting tactics and lets teams join easier
2.) 2 of same class limit per side to prevent stacking
3.) Station to change loadout without dying, like a health station
4.) Let people screw around in game while waiting on joiners to start
5.) Base rank off personal score per time in match, not wins
6.) Let people join league matches mid-game, way too many uneven league matches from droppers and DCs
7.) Spawn humans closer to living teammates in DM, not across the map which creates loop of humans rushing to teammates only to have them die and then be alone. Perhaps spawn them very close but invincible and unable to attack or use abilities and maybe mark them as such by having character flash or some such. This way they won't have to run across map, but can't attack until the effect wears off.
8.) Deduct kills from winning team in DM if no additional kills are scored within a certain time frame by them--this is to prevent camping/hiding from the winning time

1. mhm yeah...this might be a balance problem then.
2. for leagues okay maybe... but not for tdm, which is for fun
3. intresting!
4. won´t work...you could get a good position before the game starts then
5. yeah..I personally like that...but this might kill team gaming
6. I don´t wanna join a lost game
7. mhm yeah maybe...but you do not always spawn on the other side of the map...and if not, you might wanna help your team in that moment... but I see some good reasons for this to be a yes maybe
8. intresting, but I guess you mean the vampire side?!

I have so many suggestions dude...some they might really use, if they see or like them, or if too many ppl scream about them.
But at the end, it seems like they are following a fixed plan. :/

Da_Wolv
30th Aug 2015, 09:30

No. Respawns are a problem, but this is not it!
Humans spawn too quickly and too close more often than not, especially on maps like The Fane it is impossible to heal as Vampires, since Humans always Spawn in Line of Sight of the middle area, which is where most fights happen. And you never know where to drag bodies to to avoid being seen. Valeholm has similar problems, because the maps are so much smaller than Freeport or The Crucible.

Secondly, people that run back to where they died, eventhough the fight has been lost need to learn some strategy.
One of the biggest reasons I loose in public games is because people seem to be inoculated against the idea of regrouping and reforming a strengthened position, instead just running back blindly to whereever they last died.
If you respawn and the last surviving teammate is by himself, half dead and has 4 vampires on his face... HE IS ALREADY DEAD. No need to run back and get killed again.

I actually think a longer respawn timer (dependend on the map, not a global timer) can fix most of these problems.
Alternatively creating 2 fixed spawn zones for each map, inaccessible to the enemy team, with multiple exists to prevent spawn camping. Since this requires a lot of mapping work, I doubt its gonna happen though.

Endsequenz
30th Aug 2015, 11:35
I agree to this about the spawns.
That´s what I meant with good reasons for it...especially in that point, that you might be invinsible and unable to attack, but well as I said...if the team is still up, it might be not that great, to not be able to attack.
And surely it is not well made, that as you have just wiped a human team, the respawn is already there to kill you.

Regrouping is another theme, that can be an issue undepending to spawn I guess...but yes many ppl do that...and it is wrong.
Don´t take personal, what he said about the "running back in"...he surely didn´t meant you...this is a problem that happens a lot.

Mhm...an inaccessible spawn point, I find that intresting.
I have seen it in some other games.
Could be good too I guess, but it might bring up another problem if humans don´t get forced to spawn "ingame" over time...
camping outside.
I think, at the end, this is pretty near to be invinsible and unable to attack.

I am not sure what could help here...maybe something like a fixed distance to spawn, or maybe a different spawn timer depending on map or how many ppl are down...yeah.

However...he brought up some intresting suggestion, which is good , hopefully something will happen about some suggestions in this forum.
And not just about ppl arguing/discussing/ranting, which is totally normal in a forum...
and okay, as long as nobody is insulting another one imo...which I did not really saw in here so far...but whatever..maybe I missed something.

Back to the topic I guess... :D ...I am out...tired of talking to much here. :P

LordGro
30th Aug 2015, 20:52
1. mhm yeah...this might be a balance problem then.

Don't see how.

2. for leagues okay maybe... but not for tdm, which is for fun

Class stacking is not very fun.
3. intresting!

4. won´t work...you could get a good position before the game starts then

You'd just reset the position normally when all players have joined. People would be less likely to drop if they could run around the map before the game started I hink.

5. yeah..I personally like that...but this might kill team gaming

Youd still be tracking wins so I don't know why that would happen.

6. I don´t wanna join a lost game
Would you rather play on a 3v4 and know no one else can join in?

7. mhm yeah maybe...but you do not always spawn on the other side of the map...and if not, you might wanna help your team in that moment... but I see some good reasons for this to be a yes maybe
It's not perfect but something needs to be done about the human train that always tries to rush back to the spot one teammate is left half live.

8. intresting, but I guess you mean the vampire side?!

It would likely only ever affect the vampire side, since they are the only ones that can really avoid fighting if they dont want to.

Endsequenz
31st Aug 2015, 03:44
Hey, I just tried to answer these, most of them were spoken about already.
Sure..I can make it a bit clearer.

1. the more bullets, bolas, blinds, hex shots, aoe spots, etc ...the harder it will get for vampires to start a good attack in experienced teams
2. class stacking is not very fun "for you"...so I don´t really understand why you would wanna cuff tdm aswell
4. tbh...I don´t think that ppl drop out because they have to wait like 15 seconds...I personally would prefer looking at my mates and their skins or weapons over running around and get teleported back to the spawn.
5. well if you take a look at the scoreboard and how the scoreboard works (takedowns/deaths), you will see why this would become an issue, ppl would race for first place, especially when they are in the losing team - it would be great if personal score would count more, yes...but it can not count too much
6. yes...and I personally wouldn´t even ask anybody to sit then...but that´s just me - over bringing in somebody else I would rather like to see a bench or maybe even a surrender vote, which are both not my personal taste aswell
7. you will not see too many experienced players do that
8. the word "likely" means you are not 100% on that one...and yes, there are situatins where this could happen to humans aswell, even though they would be rare: waiting for something on both sides, picking scouts only, are not found by vampires over 1 min...
so I just wanted you to point that out a bit clearer...cuz I can only answer to what I read...and you said "winning team".

bopchara
1st Sep 2015, 15:41
I definitely support the inclusion of the personal score into the league points award formula. To be honest i really don't know why the solo league completely ignores your performance.

Dunno if it was suggested by anyone already, but i thought it would be convenient to see the loadout of your teammates. Maybe on the TAB screen. At least i think it wouldn't hurt. Maybe even constantly on the screen right beside your team portraits we could see icons of their abilities that could show whether they are ready or in cooldown. As an option at least.

Also to see the score of the first round, while you play the second. Sometimes it's difficult to figure out how many frags are needed to reach a win or a draw if you didn't remember the score of the first round. The bar that shows the score cap is OK, but not so precise.

The match result score timer is too short fot those who want to check the results more closely. instead of the timer it should have a button to return to the lobby. Isn't it a good solution?