PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of Kain Collection no support

WentsaZ
29th Aug 2015, 07:33
Hello, I have purchased Legacy of Kain games collection, which includes Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2, LoK: Soul Reaver, LoK: Soul Reaver 2, LoK: Defiance and Nosgoth. And I am astonished by the fact, that these games have no support whatsoever for PC (not counting Nosgoth). I have Win 10 and I cannot run any of these games smoothly, there is no controller support (Xbox 360 specifically) and the games keep crashing after changing graphical settings (mainly when turning on anti-aliasing), in Blood Omen 2 I must constantly Alt+Tab from menus, because they freeze after clicking on anything. I would expect that when SE realesed this bundle they would at least make sure you can run it. I am strongly dissappointed by this Square Enix and your lack of care of what you sell us :mad: . Does any of you gamers have any solutions to these performance problems? I love this franchise and would like to replay it but sadly it is impossible to play. I tried many things, runnig in all compatibility modes, restricting all but one processor core for running the games, finding mods etc. nothing seems to work exept for Defiance (but still the Xbox 360 controller won't work). Any useful ideas will be welcomed.

Bazielim
29th Aug 2015, 10:09
I have to say I have multiple copies of the LoK games and the ones I currently use are the Steam LoK collection versions and I don't have any of these problems. They work fine for my PC, with the possible exception of SR1 all have control pad support (I use xbox 360 controller too) and I have no issues tweaking the graphic options. I'll have to look into my options but I don't think I've made any changes to get them to run.The only difference I can see is I run windows 7 so I wonder if this is an issue with windows 10 specifically - I mean it is still early days for that OS and there are bound to be a few bugs. I'll look into what I can find about it.

ParadoxicalOmen
30th Aug 2015, 15:56
I have to say I have multiple copies of the LoK games and the ones I currently use are the Steam LoK collection versions and I don't have any of these problems. They work fine for my PC, with the possible exception of SR1 all have control pad support (I use xbox 360 controller too) and I have no issues tweaking the graphic options. I'll have to look into my options but I don't think I've made any changes to get them to run.The only difference I can see is I run windows 7 so I wonder if this is an issue with windows 10 specifically - I mean it is still early days for that OS and there are bound to be a few bugs. I'll look into what I can find about it.

Same for me...bought steam collection and had no problem whatsoever (i haven't tested console controller support though).

I run on Win7, same as Bazielim...seems like a Win10 issue...