PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - 27th August 2015

Saikocat
27th Aug 2015, 13:30
Forge

Players can now either forge by spending Runestones or like before, with materials and gold.

User Interface

Unranked has been renamed to "Team Deathmatch".
End of match results screen has been reduced to 30 seconds.

Store
New animated banners (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=164056) are now introduced for the store. The previous (static) banners are now being retired.
If you previously purchased a static banner, you'll receive the animated version now for free as a gesture of goodwill, enjoy!
Please note that for now, your animated banner will replace a static one if you purchased it. We'll be giving those back out again next week.

Clan Dumahim Banner (Reaver)
Clan Turelim Banner (Tyrant)
Clan Razielim Banner (Sentinel)
Clan Zephonim Banner (Deceiver)
Clan Melchahim Banner (Summoner)
Red Sisters Banner (Alchemist)
Ironguard Banner (Hunter)
The Watchers Banner (Scout)
The Lost Seers of Avernus Banner (Prophet)
The Drowning Men Banner (Vanguard)

Summoner

Minions now take half damage from AOE attacks, but have lower overall health

Noscam

Renabled Player view in Noscam.

Chests

Chest opening celebration has been improved.

Major Bug Fixes

Prophet’s Hex Shot will now interrupt Sentinal’s kidnap/abduct.
The ability to spam the loadout screen by pressing “L” when the second round starts and putting the countdown to spawn to pause will now not be exploitable.
Fixed an issue that prevented the Summoner's Abyssal Bolt charging indicator from appearing.
Vampires can now climb the two wall ends/pillars by the iron forges on the Crucible map.
Fixed an issue on Sommerdamm that caused Tyrants to be propelled into the air while climbing.
It is now no longer possible to throw a Scout's trap under a Flashpoint capture cannon, where Vampires could not see the trap but receive damage from it.
Fixed a title screen crash that occured when closing the game via the prompt "You are currently not logged into Steam" (after a connection loss).
You will now no longer see another player in the lobby if they disconnected while entering it.
Fixed an issue that caused some party members to be kicked back to the main menu when multiple parties searched for a lobby.
Fixed an issue where some players got stuck in the Nosgoth logo screen if they join a match with a friend they were previously partied with.
More general environment fixes on all maps.
Localization (text) fixes.
Further matchmaking and party improvements.
Some fixes for crashing, as well as networking/disconnect issues.
Further VFX fixes.

Known Issues

The Valeholm map has been disabled from public playlists temporarily as we have found a bug with this map. We will be hotfixing this soon.
Some animated Player Banners do not show the correct icon, indicating they are indeed animated. This will be hotfixed.

Da_Wolv
27th Aug 2015, 13:55
Prophet’s Hex Shot will now interrupt Sentinal’s kidnap/abduct.

:worship:

Vampmaster
27th Aug 2015, 14:07
There's not much need for chest celebrations when all you get is an uncanny item half the time. Can't SE suggest alternative prices and content sets with the players and see if we can come up with something that still makes money, but is more satisfactory to us?

Saikocat
27th Aug 2015, 14:15
The chest celebration change is a UI change, improving the chest opening experience, essentially.

The chests would change over time, but ultimately do work on the basis that there's a pool of items with a chance to get very rare ones, but not a guarantee. I have shared the feedback here though regarding contents.

Da_Wolv
27th Aug 2015, 14:24
The chest celebration change is a UI change, improving the chest opening experience, essentially.

The chests would change over time, but ultimately do work on the basis that there's a pool of items with a chance to get very rare ones, but not a guarantee. I have shared the feedback here though regarding contents.

And that would be fine, if the keys would cost 50 Runestones.
As it stands now, even the rare items in the chests are not worth 400 RS, and in the case of Boosters, why would you gamble on getting a booster, when 2 keys worth of RS can just get you the booster you want.

FireWorks_
27th Aug 2015, 14:29

Id like to see the percentages of the containing items. Transparency on the probabilities goes a long way towards "I feel less cheated".

Vampmaster
27th Aug 2015, 14:39

I understand that the today's change was just a sort of fanfare for when you open them, but that will only be anti-climactic when the item turns out to be something really common as is usually the case. What I was hoping SE could do is reduce the size of the item pool so that it's less of a gamble. Just don't put the really common items in the same pool as the really rare stuff. There can still be some overlap where you might get an intermediate level item.

Saikocat
27th Aug 2015, 15:59
We're back online now!

Minor tweak to the above patch notes, as there is an issue with the icon on the animated banners, and the static banners will need to be awarded again next week in a new update.

corpus_callosum
27th Aug 2015, 16:20
YAY A PATCH
Microfreezes still here.

Wolf_the_Legend
27th Aug 2015, 16:26
More general environment fixes on all maps.

THIS could be RLY GOOD ... or not lets see :)

Summoner

May I ask how much HP?^^

Vampmaster
27th Aug 2015, 16:49
Wait, they're minions, LOL? Despicable Me skins would be funny... ...for about an hour or so and then the novelty would wear off and they'd just be spoiling the immersion at that point.

Saikocat
27th Aug 2015, 17:00
Despicable Me skins would make me throw a legitimate tantrum.

Vampmaster
27th Aug 2015, 17:08
Despicable Me skins would make me throw a legitimate tantrum.

Is that in a good way or a bad way?

kLauE187
27th Aug 2015, 17:34
YAY A PATCH
Microfreezes still here.

Yeah same. Not worth wasting my time with this game in the current state.

Da_Wolv
27th Aug 2015, 17:50
Yeah same. Not worth wasting my time with this game in the current state.

Weird. I havent had major performance problems since 2 patches now.
Thats not to say that its perfect, but its very playable. Almost as good as it used to be in Closed Beta.
Maybe certain specs have an issue with the game?

For reference:
I got a tower PC (ACPI x64) with an intel i5-2500k Quadcore and a GeForce GTX 560, currently running Windows 10, but without the Win10 NVIDIA Driver (because it's not compatible with my Windows version :scratch: )

kLauE187
27th Aug 2015, 18:29
Weird. I havent had major performance problems since 2 patches now.
Thats not to say that its perfect, but its very playable. Almost as good as it used to be in Closed Beta.
Maybe certain specs have an issue with the game?

For reference:
I got a tower PC (ACPI x64) with an intel i5-2500k Quadcore and a GeForce GTX 560, currently running Windows 10, but without the Win10 NVIDIA Driver (because it's not compatible with my Windows version :scratch: )

I just made a few changes and it looks like it's almost fixed. From ~10 micro-lags a minute to 2 in the whole game. Still sucks but way better than before.

lucinvampire
27th Aug 2015, 22:03
Noscam

Renabled Player view in Noscam.

Woohoo! So happy! Time to get back to making some videos :D

BlitzingLlama
27th Aug 2015, 22:25
Too much time was taken out after the match. Can't see final score tally in half the matches.

Louves
27th Aug 2015, 23:11
I just made a few changes and it looks like it's almost fixed. From ~10 micro-lags a minute to 2 in the whole game. Still sucks but way better than before.

What did you do? 2 micro-lags in one match sounds like a dream!

senjuj
28th Aug 2015, 09:52
can you:
1. add option to remove visual and sound effects in mysterious weapons and skills ?(or add in droplist arcane items)
2. add possibility to forge (all operations) with double price in resources without money and rs?
3. specify improvements in mm and party systems?
4. revise all (majority) skills in future?

Ryugan34
5th Sep 2015, 23:46
Forge
Summoner

Just wanted to know :
im all for the reduction minions take from aoe . But shouldnt an alch's handcanon do full dmg on the target it directly hit ? Having to waste 3 shots (out of a clip of 6) on a single minion is totally dumb .
Hunters can kill a minion in 3 to 4 shots, thats not even 1/5 of their clip . While an alch have to waste 3 just to kill a single one .
Make them take half dmg due to the indirect hit, but have the summon hit fully when directly targeted

kLauE187
6th Sep 2015, 10:28
Just wanted to know :
im all for the reduction minions take from aoe . But shouldnt an alch's handcanon do full dmg on the target it directly hit ? Having to waste 3 shots (out of a clip of 6) on a single minion is totally dumb .
Hunters can kill a minion in 3 to 4 shots, thats not even 1/5 of their clip . While an alch have to waste 3 just to kill a single one .
Make them take half dmg due to the indirect hit, but have the summon hit fully when directly targeted

to kill 2 summons as hunter you need 6-8 bullets which is almost 1/3 of your clip. As Alchemist you need only 2 because they are most of the times close to eachother and get aoe-dmg.