PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - August 20th, 2014 update

Saikocat
20th Aug 2014, 18:01
Matchmaking

Fixed an issue with not being able to select server region filtering.

Perks and Item Statistics

"Quick Wits" perks now reduce cooldowns by 10% (was 15%)

TheXeiom
20th Aug 2014, 18:13
Small patch will it only have small downtime?

GothenburgELITE
20th Aug 2014, 18:30
Small patch will it only have small downtime?
Nosgoth @Nosgoth 35 min ago
#Nosgoth will be down for up to 2 hours while we roll out some fixes

FireWorks_
20th Aug 2014, 18:31
Nosgoth @Nosgoth 35 min ago
#Nosgoth will be down for up to 2 hours while we roll out some fixes

Thank you very much!

Any chance we see this info in the forums too? One way or another. Like a twitter feed or simply adding in the patch notes. Would be very much appreciated.

Rizzlywastaken
20th Aug 2014, 18:34
I wished those 2 perks weren't changed but ok, that's their decision :c

Lifered
20th Aug 2014, 18:46
Still not up?

Rizzlywastaken
20th Aug 2014, 18:56
Still not up?
One more hour downtime from now it seems.

AreZee
20th Aug 2014, 19:01
I really don't mind downtimes, because of maintenance. It has to be done, but I wanted to ask if it is possible to update the EU servers later... It always occurs in "prime time" from 18:00 - 22:00 most of time. I'm working all day and come home to play some matches and I can't play much when there's maintenance.

Is there a possibility to launch the patches at different time slots for different time zones?

Wolf_the_Legend
20th Aug 2014, 19:22
UTC 0600 to 0900 seems to be the best time to shutdown Nosgoth anyways ;)
http://steamdb.info/app/200110/graphs/

DeathMetalMarine
20th Aug 2014, 20:51
Thanks for the fix! :thumb:

Prime_Abstergo
10th Sep 2014, 06:29
Its time for a new patch xD

Xenonetix
10th Sep 2014, 15:09
Its time for a new patch xD

A new patch is planned for next week. :)

Wolf_the_Legend
10th Sep 2014, 17:06
did you guys also do something to the spawn points? ... because sometimes I spawn in a reaver kick or haze, tyrant jump ... simply next to an enemy ^^

razorCD
10th Sep 2014, 21:43
can you tell us what this will bring to the game?

i hope the MM will get some fix ;)

after that i think the game is awsome!!

YaronMS
11th Sep 2014, 07:16
A new patch is planned for next week. :)

Hey, thanks for the info! I appreciate that!

Tefached
12th Sep 2014, 09:11
I agree with Razor. As soon as the new matchmaking is implemented, I'm jumping right back into the game. I quit it because I had a streak of like 10 games where the enemy team was, on average, 5 levels higher than us.

Illusa
12th Sep 2014, 13:02
I agree with Razor. As soon as the new matchmaking is implemented, I'm jumping right back into the game. I quit it because I had a streak of like 10 games where the enemy team was, on average, 5 levels higher than us.

Not to sound bad, but if MM is fixed an a MMR option is added.. you could see lvl 40s fighting lvl 11+s. Just saying this because player level means nothing but time investment, not skill. And I've come across a LOT of people over lvl 25 that still haven't figured out the game yet and still some over level 35 that still have that same issue. And at 40 there is still quite the difference, but it isn't about game knowledge as much but just skill at implementing that knowledge. Thus sadly right now, it turns into team Hunters vs Vampires because hunter is a bit out of whack right now in terms of balance.

Really the only times where a 5 player level difference is rough is right when you start. Thus it is good to try and play in the newbie starter section. Granted due to a small population, it is easier said than done. But that is because we are in a closed beta and that is kinda what you will run into due to that.

Vampmaster
12th Sep 2014, 13:53
Not to sound bad, but if MM is fixed an a MMR option is added.. you could see lvl 40s fighting lvl 11+s. Just saying this because player level means nothing but time investment, not skill. And I've come across a LOT of people over lvl 25 that still haven't figured out the game yet and still some over level 35 that still have that same issue. And at 40 there is still quite the difference, but it isn't about game knowledge as much but just skill at implementing that knowledge. Thus sadly right now, it turns into team Hunters vs Vampires because hunter is a bit out of whack right now in terms of balance.

Really the only times where a 5 player level difference is rough is right when you start. Thus it is good to try and play in the newbie starter section. Granted due to a small population, it is easier said than done. But that is because we are in a closed beta and that is kinda what you will run into due to that.

This is why I think the exp level should be hidden once skill levels are introduced. You could just as easily get a person who's only played for about a week or so and has immaculate aim, vision and reflexes from decades of practice at other shooters as someone who's been playing from the beginning of closed alpha and is absolutely terrible at all that stuff. A person just looking at the exp level might badly misjudge the player's skill.

Illusa
12th Sep 2014, 14:57
This is why I think the exp level should be hidden once skill levels are introduced. You could just as easily get a person who's only played for about a week or so and has immaculate aim, vision and reflexes from decades of practice at other shooters as someone who's been playing from the beginning of closed alpha and is absolutely terrible at all that stuff. A person just looking at the exp level might badly misjudge the player's skill.

I do have to agree with this idea more so than the thinking the player level is something to show off to others. I can understand the idea of bragging rights by getting to 40, as it takes quite some time to get there. I am only lvl 37 myself. But I cannot tell you how many times I see people leave games just because of player levels. Them being either high or low. It brings around misjudgements on how well the person will play. And that is an issue in a game that is only 4v4 and starts up even without a full team quite often from what I've personally seen. Again, that is also because of a change in how games start up as well. Which I don't care for either, as it "may" decrease wait times on starting a game.. it also can cause more negatives at the same time. More of a placebo fix to me. Don't mistake what I say either, it was a valid attempt at fixing an issue while keeping the goals they have. I just don't feel they attacked the correct issue and have caused more issues in its wake.

Tefached
12th Sep 2014, 16:22

I was actually referring to the addition of the skill level. I have a bad PC and my framerates are less than stellar, so it causes me to have a lot of difficulties aiming and responding quickly to threats. I just want to be given a fair chance. And yes, I know, 'If your PC sucks then you shouldn't be playing this game.' Sue me, I've been waiting for a decent LoK game ever since Defiance.

warpster69
14th Sep 2014, 18:13
For the love of god! please release the next update, sort out the ghost players and fix the matchmaking. Or at least something better. It take maybe 10 games till you are matched into one that is kinda even. You are killing your player-base before the game has even been launched. Quite a few games have gone down cuz of this reason and it will be sad for this to do the same...

Xenonetix
14th Sep 2014, 22:35
For the love of god! please release the next update, sort out the ghost players and fix the matchmaking. Or at least something better. It take maybe 10 games till you are matched into one that is kinda even. You are killing your player-base before the game has even been launched. Quite a few games have gone down cuz of this reason and it will be sad for this to do the same...

I appreciate your eagerness for an update to occur, but chances of an update occurring on a Sunday ever for Nosgoth are slim to none...

warpster69
16th Sep 2014, 12:24
Im not asking for an update on a Sunday, that would just be mean. What I am asking for is a bit of information from developers to let us know when we can expect to see an update, when the matchmaking update will be released, anything. We are 3 days away from a month since the last update.

Yes I am **** here and Im sorry for that as I know it takes a lot of work to put this all together and that this is closed beta (very grateful to be a part of) but Im a community member asking to hear a little news from someone on this. Please can we have a date for the next update

Thank you for all the great work you have done so far, looking very forward to see the new addition and tweaks to the game