PDA

View Full Version : Is DX12 required?

Doctalen
26th Aug 2015, 09:50
Hello, I've read there is DX12 support for this which is great, but will it be required to play? I've got a DX12 compatible GPU, but don't have windows 10. I've had issues with it and had to revert to 7. I've been unable to find information about if the game requires DX12. If it's too early for the developers to make a statement I understand. Can't hurt to ask. If this is the wrong section I apologize, I'm on a phone and the site is a bit of a pain on here.

Irate_Iguana
26th Aug 2015, 17:11
Yes. Every DX game requires the highest DX there is. It's in the name of the series and the devs make sure that the game lives up to that.

On a more serious note, we don't know. Those details haven't been released. It is a safe bet to assume that Mankind Divided will be able to run in DX9 mode. It's a console game after all and HR ran in DX9. They may have support for and features that use DX11 and/or 12, but they haven't really commented on that.

BridgetFisher
27th Aug 2015, 02:20
is DX12 windows 10 exclusive?

Doctalen
27th Aug 2015, 02:34
is DX12 windows 10 exclusive? Yes

BridgetFisher
1st Sep 2015, 13:41
Yes
soo if DX12 is windows 10 exclusive. That means Deus Ex is windows 10 exclusive? :(

besyuziki
1st Sep 2015, 13:56
I highly doubt that the PC version will be Win10 exclusive because of DX12. Human Revolution had DX9 and DX11 support.

But it may require 64-bit Windows if the recent system requirements of other games is an indication.

blahblahSnort
5th Sep 2015, 19:54
Hello, I've read there is DX12 support for this which is great, but will it be required to play? I've got a DX12 compatible GPU, but don't have windows 10. I've had issues with it and had to revert to 7. I've been unable to find information about if the game requires DX12. If it's too early for the developers to make a statement I understand. Can't hurt to ask. If this is the wrong section I apologize, I'm on a phone and the site is a bit of a pain on here.
1. DX12 does not require a DX12 compatible GPU although you won't be able to use all of the DX12 features as of consequence. If your GPU is DX11 compatible then there are no worries.

2. There aren't any GPUs on the market fully supporting DX12 currently.

3.It is highly unlikely the Deus Ex development team had access to the DX12 build. Even more so, these things take years. DX11 was release back in 2008 yet it's only recently it has become mandatory - the real question here is; will current gen consoles support as well?.