PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - August 19, 2014 Update

Psyonix_Corey
19th Aug 2014, 16:02
Boosters

Fixed another bug causing some users to be unable to successfully equip boosters, causing you to "see" the booster as equipped but not receive the correct bonuses.

Matchmaking

Fixed an issue with party matchmaking causing permanent 4v3 matches.
Optimized how we retrieve the list of servers to reduce impact on internet connections when searching
While the full overhaul to matchmaking is still in the works, tweaks have been made to the existing system to improve the chances of finding an ideal match (nearby, of similar level). Searches may take longer to complete as a result as the system now spends longer widening your search incrementally.

Parties and Playlist Level Requirements

Players too low level to join a specific playlist will now be allowed to if a member of their party is qualified for that playlist.
For example, a level 2 will be able to play in the "Team Deathmatch" playlist if a higher level friend invites him to a party and searches for it. We want friends to be able to play together and never see a screen where they are ineligible for all playlists on offer.
We still prevent players from joining a playlist they are too high level to join. Players above level 10 cannot play "New Recruit" regardless of who they party with.

Optimization

Further optimization on Sommerdamm and The Fane maps

Perks and Item Statistics

Fixed a bug causing Vampire Special Abilities to not receive the correct random buff and debuff values. They are meant to be identical to those Human weapons receive, but they were using the "minor" versions of buff/debuffs instead. This has been corrected and your items will automatically update.
Cooldown perks and random item stats have been reduced in effectiveness as they were too powerful relative to other options.
"Undying Wisdom" and "Quick Wits" perks now reduce cooldowns by 10% (was 15%) (NOTE: Quick Wits change did not make it into this build, but will be reduced next patch).
Random item statistics now reduce or increase cooldowns by 5% (was 10%)

Bugs

Fixed multiple bugs with Siege Mode objectives not displaying correctly.
Fixed a corpse in Sommerdamm that was preventing damage from grenades and other AOE effects
Fixed Deceiver's default armor not properly using APEX cloth
Fixed a bug with Deceiver's silhouette outline interacting poorly with Backstab
Fixed a bug preventing Sentinels from flying for half a second after vaulting over a wall or obstacle

-Konf-
19th Aug 2014, 16:13
Fixed an issue with party matchmaking causing permanent 4v3 matches.
The ghosts have finally been put to rest? :worship:

RazielWarmonic
19th Aug 2014, 16:13
Parties and Playlist Level Requirements

Players too low level to join a specific playlist will now be allowed to if a member of their party is qualified for that playlist.

Will this fix when you're joining outside the game (via right click joining) to the normal TDM lobby and it tells you "you do not meet the level requirements for this playlist?" For example, I tried to join on a couple games yesterday outside of the game and I couldn't get in because the game defaults your level at 1 before it updates to the correct level. So not only did I get that error, I was forever stuck with the TDM and Siege modes greyed out, only being able to queue in New Recruit in which I would get an error that said "You do not meet the level requirements for this playlist." and no matter what I did I couldn't queue for TDM/Siege, only solution was to restart the game.

Bugs

Fixed a bug preventing Sentinels from flying for half a second after vaulting over a wall or obstacle

YES PLS. THANK YOU.

MasterZtark
19th Aug 2014, 16:15
Thanks Corey!

Psyonix_Corey
19th Aug 2014, 16:19

I can't guarantee there aren't other sources of ghosts, but if there are, fixing this will help us isolate the remaining issues a lot more easily.

Psyonix-Greg
19th Aug 2014, 16:21
Will this fix when you're joining outside the game (via right click joining) to the normal TDM lobby and it tells you "you do not meet the level requirements for this playlist?" For example, I tried to join on a couple games yesterday outside of the game and I couldn't get in because the game defaults your level at 1 before it updates to the correct level. So not only did I get that error, I was forever stuck with the TDM and Siege modes greyed out, only being able to queue in New Recruit in which I would get an error that said "You do not meet the level requirements for this playlist." and no matter what I did I couldn't queue for TDM/Siege, only solution was to restart the game.

That's a bigger bug with your profile showing you at level 1 until you reboot and lives in a different system. I'll have to see where that team is in regards to that issue. That being said, the fix you were referring to in the patch notes may alleviate your issue as the game now allows you to bring a lower level person in to a higher level match reliably, and fixes the issue where all search options were greyed out when you had say a level 1 in your party. hf;gl

Sanguise23
19th Aug 2014, 16:25
cooldown decrease perks getting nerfed makes me sad :(

MasterZtark
19th Aug 2014, 16:32
I'm wondering exactly how cooldown reduction works. If an ability has a base 10 second cooldown, and you're running a Cooldown Perk (10%) and item stat (5%), what would the new cooldown be? If it's 8.5 seconds now, cool. I didn't think the game did 8.5 though, only whole numbers, and it always rounded up so just 9 seconds in this case (making the item stat cooldown reduction useless, in this particular 10 second base cooldown example anyway).

-Konf-
19th Aug 2014, 16:33
I can't guarantee there aren't other sources of ghosts, but if there are, fixing this will help us isolate the remaining issues a lot more easily.
A huge "thank you" regardless :) Will keep my eyes open for ghost lobbies if any still roam around, but feeling good after reading that.

mingo123
19th Aug 2014, 16:53
Nice patch guys, hopefully I can now play with my friend who just got the game! But don't you think its time to reduce the perks' cost for the permanent purchase? I see no reason to make them cost almost double the permanent cost of any other items :scratch:

Psyonix_Corey
19th Aug 2014, 17:06
I'm wondering exactly how cooldown reduction works. If an ability has a base 10 second cooldown, and you're running a Cooldown Perk (10%) and item stat (5%), what would the new cooldown be? If it's 8.5 seconds now, cool. I didn't think the game did 8.5 though, only whole numbers, and it always rounded up so just 9 seconds in this case (making the item stat cooldown reduction useless, in this particular 10 second base cooldown example anyway).

It should use decimal cooldowns despite the UI only showing integers. If it doesn't we'll fix it, but that's the design.

SquirrelInDaSky
19th Aug 2014, 17:18
Noooo, my 7.5 whip cooldown, where are you going!? Come back, don't leave me, i neeeeeeed youuuuuu...

FireWorks_
19th Aug 2014, 17:24
Glad the bugs get squashed one by one. Should we keep sending logs for certain behaviour?

Do the settings from the last patch in the .ini s save now properly?

Any thoughts on the quitter debate or will this become a topic after the great MM patch hits?

Rizzlywastaken
19th Aug 2014, 17:39
Nice patch. I hope the booster fix is final. Thank you!
Anyhow what does "Cooldown perks and random item stats" mean ? The perks/items you get from leveling to 5-10-15-20-25 a character? Or all the actual perks?

Tsugirai
19th Aug 2014, 17:47
While the full overhaul to matchmaking is still in the works, tweaks have been made to the existing system to improve the chances of finding an ideal match (nearby, of similar level). Searches may take longer to complete as a result as the system now spends longer widening your search incrementally.

What? Matchmaking already took forever, now it'll be even longer? :scratch:

Lewleit
19th Aug 2014, 18:01
How long does It take to apply the patch? Whats the maintenance time? I couldnt find this info anywhere around, I think It's important to have this estimate around when doing these things

DeathMetalMarine
19th Aug 2014, 18:05
Awesome! You guys are doing a great job fixing the bugs. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this. :thumb:

How long does It take to apply the patch? Whats the maintenance time? I couldnt find this info anywhere around, I think It's important to have this estimate around when doing these things

It usually takes from 1 to 2 hrs. It just depends on how big the patch is.

FireWorks_
19th Aug 2014, 18:09

When its done.

If all is good, around 2 hours. If they encounter any trouble, longer.

Not much information in this, eh?

NefariousZ
19th Aug 2014, 18:55
When its done.

If all is good, around 2 hours. If they encounter any trouble, longer.

Not much information in this, eh?

A ton actually. This being closed beta and all it might have been down all day for all I know (I'm new too) as many games do in closed beta (I just came from one that was down all day on mondays.)

Dze5Xeno
19th Aug 2014, 19:25
I know this should be on the bugs and support forum but as a lot of people have already posted the bug and we don't seem to receive any response yet I decided to post it in here hoping to find a response or anything. I was able to play perfect again with the previous patch (august 13) but with today's patch again I'm unable to find any lobby no matter how many time I wait.

Butthook
19th Aug 2014, 19:25
Has this patch been implemented yet?

Soiuxsie
19th Aug 2014, 19:28
Well I've had issues with servers before the patch but now the game wont let me play at all. :(

FireWorks_
19th Aug 2014, 19:33
Guess Psyonix already knows but in case not:
"No servers available" error pops with every try :)

Louves
19th Aug 2014, 19:35
Same here "no servers available".

FireWorks_
19th Aug 2014, 19:42
Workaround:
set region to ANY REGION

I get errors for all other regions though after restarts etc.

Soiuxsie
19th Aug 2014, 19:49
Workaround:
set region to ANY REGION

I get errors for all other regions though after restarts etc.

Tried that already with restarting steam and PC ect. Still "no servers available"

Xenonetix
19th Aug 2014, 19:59
Fixed multiple bugs with Siege Mode objectives not displaying correctly.[/LIST]

This is definitely the best news ever for me! :)

TyleyRamses
19th Aug 2014, 20:05
Thanks for the great patch!

Psyonix_Corey
19th Aug 2014, 20:06
We are looking into the server issues with the hosting company. Sorry for the issues guys =/

Anthrax1
19th Aug 2014, 20:13
me and my gf cant seem to make a party we have invited each other about 30 times or more and nothing and when we do get into a party and go to join it puts me in a server with only 1 slot and she gets kicked?

Khalith
19th Aug 2014, 20:13
I don't really believe the cooldown perks were that good. I mean with the 15% my cooldowns were reduced by 1-2 seconds at most, this will make it what? 1-1.5 seconds now? I don't personally use the CD reduction on humans, I prefer vigor for scout, tinkerer for prophet and alchemist, and steadiness/deadeye/tinkerer on hunter depending on how good or bad I'm doing that particular day.

I don't think the difference is that major, it's still my favorite perk for vamp though.

McMozg
19th Aug 2014, 20:19
good job, guys. I hope that a problem with a group matchmaking is fixed

FireWorks_
19th Aug 2014, 20:43
Your "destroys connection" issue got worse. I get disconnected now shortly after round start with Mumble losing connection too. That is new to me

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOOD WHY DO YOU RESET THE FREAKING MOUSE SENSE EACH PATCH!?!?!!?

and correcting the sense in the match does not carry over to another class... bug found, pls fix that one really ASAP.

MarcusGraves
19th Aug 2014, 20:48
another week, another patch without a fix for those of us who have the issue of getting kicked out of a match when the loading screen starts keeping us from being able to play the game at all.

doesn't feel like its being treated like a high priority issue since its something that keeps a bulk of the players from playtesting the game before it goes open beta and will be something that will piss off open beta players.

Raock-
19th Aug 2014, 20:55
Anything about being able to play? Every time I press play the game crashes. I have done everything possible. All suggestions. e-mailed everything and everyone.

I love buying things I can't use.

Rising-Mos
19th Aug 2014, 21:41
4vs3 fixed.... wooooooooot!

VampiricDemise
19th Aug 2014, 22:04
u_u I'll also put my name on the "No servers available list" I prefer playing US West and not roll the dice today.

PencileyePirate
20th Aug 2014, 08:05
Nerfs to CD on random item statistics make me sad. Only 5%? Meh.

Prime_Abstergo
20th Aug 2014, 08:06
OkOk cooldown perk nerf! Lovely change indeed! another REAVER nerf GJ (Sents dont care about CD) xDDDD

Though I am a bit sad about my healchemist who went down from -25% to -15% =(

ScuziD
20th Aug 2014, 08:53
Nope.
If anything it's worse than pre-patch - at least I have been in more bugged 3vs4 lobbys than pre-patch.

BR0sephStalin
20th Aug 2014, 08:56
Even when the quick wits nerf goes through the CDR nerf to undying wisdom hit vampires hard as pretty much every vamp should be running it at high level play. Does nothing but make humans stronger than they already were as they are less skill reliant IMO. I propose the undying wisom nerf be reverted when the quick wits nerf goes through. It isn't like anybody runs quick wits any ways.

Aggggh
20th Aug 2014, 11:17
Even when the quick wits nerf goes through the CDR nerf to undying wisdom hit vampires hard as pretty much every vamp should be running it at high level play. Does nothing but make humans stronger than they already were as they are less skill reliant IMO. I propose the undying wisom nerf be reverted when the quick wits nerf goes through. It isn't like anybody runs quick wits any ways.
Eh vampires also need some actually worthwhile alternatives to undying wisdom too.

vittumitapaskaa
20th Aug 2014, 12:52
Nosgoth staff, please stop updating this game since you only break it more. Just end the beta, launch it as it is and don't touch it after that. Thank you.

Sanguise23
20th Aug 2014, 13:06
Nosgoth staff, please stop updating this game since you only break it more. Just end the beta, launch it as it is and don't touch it after that. Thank you.
haha thats NOT how i feel, keep at it

GenFeelGood
20th Aug 2014, 14:04
Cool down nerf, is this to help against the spammers?

Anthrax1
20th Aug 2014, 14:08
after this Patch my frames is even worse wtf is with that?

-Konf-
20th Aug 2014, 15:28
Hey guys,

Sorry to post this up here, as there used to be a separate thread, but I thought it would be relevant in light of the recent "ghost" lobby fixes.

Just encountered one:
Server: NAm (US East) 308978
Person: Sky Sailing
Time: at the time of this post (sorry, I don't know which time zones to relate to in order to make the report more accurate).

All players in the lobby have confirmed the fact, as the lobby was full at the start and remained 4v3 throughout the whole match (and we saw all 8 people - including the one that wasn't in-game - after the match was over).

Hope this helps to track down the occurrences of the bug post fix.

BR0sephStalin
20th Aug 2014, 16:44
Eh vampires also need some actually worthwhile alternatives to undying wisdom too.

Agreed but why nerf the only good perk in the interim? Seems pointless

Aggggh
20th Aug 2014, 16:59
Agreed but why nerf the only good perk in the interim? Seems pointless

Hopefully when Psyonix sees that people are still almost entirely using undying will anyways, they'll take the time to overhaul all the perks :|

d3adly3vil
20th Aug 2014, 17:59
This patch did fix the APPCRASH, ntdll.dll error so I am glad.
Thank you devs

RainaAudron
20th Aug 2014, 21:47
Searching for games finally works for me! It takes max like 30s, sometimes even instantly, to get a game. Also joining and invites work now as well! Excellent :)

Katazera
21st Aug 2014, 09:18
a) The fps decreased since patch with same settings as before. Feels much slower/laggy. :(

b) On certain spots on the map the sound effects (waterfall, jungle noises, crying birds etc.) are suddenly extremely(!) loud.
Even at spawnpoints these sound bugs happen often.

Pisthetaerus
21st Aug 2014, 10:00
a) The fps decreased since patch with same settings as before. Feels much slower/laggy. :(

Have you actually checked your settings to make sure that's true? A lot of UE3 games reset the graphics settings when they're patched.

Katazera
21st Aug 2014, 10:52
Have you actually checked your settings to make sure that's true? A lot of UE3 games reset the graphics settings when they're patched.

Yes, i did, because i knew that they could have been reset. But everything was the same as before.
I still wonder why it is different. Did they maybe change some low/mid/high settings internally?

RainaAudron
21st Aug 2014, 21:59
Is it just me or does sticky grenade seem kinda weaker and less effective in combat?

TyleyRamses
22nd Aug 2014, 08:37

b) On certain spots on the map the sound effects (waterfall, jungle noises, crying birds etc.) are suddenly extremely(!) loud.
Even at spawnpoints these sound bugs happen often.

Ah thats funny, my pc already ran the game like a beast and now I have increased fps in both adjusted maps! Ghosts maps have decreased for me and the perk change was to be expected.. Try out some of the others, yes they aren't CD but they have their scenario's they shine in. To people with these fps issues and crashes, are you sure you fully fulfill the minimum reqs for the game? If not, then maybe its time to upgrade your gameboy color, I heard league of legends might run on your system <3.

On a serious note, it's beta and unless u paid for the higher end packs I could feel bad for you, however you weren't forced to pay anything and knew if you did it was for "CLOSED BETA" access. Let's try to give the devs the feedback they can work with and have some patience. They patch on a very regular basis and have done so in good fashion, believe people... believe.

IRT123
26th Aug 2014, 07:01
What's going on with match making? it's still very bugged. it thinks 7/8 players is a full server and will not allow other players to join and displays a host party is full message. These bugs wern't happening in last patch. please look into this thanks

ZackFairTheOne
29th Aug 2014, 02:11
Fix that 3/4 Issue. Every Single Lobby is bugged. Not going to donate for broken games.

NomzNomz
31st Aug 2014, 22:32
Hope the next patch is soon. Don't feel like playing anymore with so many performance bugs. Done my duty and reported, now I wait for the improvements :)