PDA

View Full Version : "Capture the Body" is great and probably something that was needed!

Glitchfull
25th Aug 2015, 23:45
The new game mode, which even if still in beta, is exactly what we've been wanting. TDM is a flawed game mode that just doesn't really work in any sort of serious fashion outside of casual fun. Yes the ESL is using TDM, but that does not mean it's the game mode that should be pushed for. Especially since the TDM game mode has failed to attract an audience to watch since the very first tournament where people were complaining about being very boring to watch.

Does that mean the new game mode is perfect? No, it definitely needs some tweaks. Things that can easily be changed if need be, especially since the mode is a beta.

Arydious
26th Aug 2015, 01:42
Can't tell if serious.....

I personally think Capture the body is boring the strategy behind it is very simple, and the meta won't ever really change on it.

I like to keep things positive though, and it is a nice break from just TDM, I am however a huge TDM fan, as the Meta is always changing and teams are pushing the boundaries every day. TDM requires a ton of skill and a lot of team coordination to get it done right.

Glitchfull
26th Aug 2015, 02:24
Just because you may not be able to think of all the strategies and do them does not mean others can't as well. Objective based game modes are just much better to watch from a viewer stand point. Competitive does not exist without an audience beyond the absolutely dedicated players. Anyways, there are high ranked competitive players that do not like TDM and play purely for the prize pool. Sure, TDM can stay the main mode, but I just want you to know the game will go back to it's population size of very very small and continue to dwindle after the post "Soda" influx goes away.

KaininitePriestess
26th Aug 2015, 02:37
I honestly love CtB and play it any time I get the chance. I love TDM, too, but CtB is such a nice change of pace. :)

GenFeelGood
26th Aug 2015, 03:17
To be honest, today was the first time I actually played a few rounds of CTB ever. Not to say I worked to avoid playing it, there was too long of a wait time back then and I did enough of that back in the early alpha days.

That said, it is a good change of pace and it really does redefine how you prioritize. I found the Sentinel to be excellent for aiding a teammate as they drag the corpse, snatching up a human in order to carry them far away and using wing flap to help buy some time against the squad of alchemists that seems to be what most players favor in this mode.

AdmiralPPR
26th Aug 2015, 07:18
I still don't get how people can like this game mode - it gets boring within the first few minutes in game (for me of course).

I really liked flashpoint though - all it needed was some respawn and capture point tweaking, but they killed it instead :(

riccetto80
26th Aug 2015, 10:10
as strategy is better flashpoint

KaininitePriestess
26th Aug 2015, 18:13
I still don't get how people can like this game mode - it gets boring within the first few minutes in game (for me of course).

I really liked flashpoint though - all it needed was some respawn and capture point tweaking, but they killed it instead :(

They didn't kill it, it's about to go into open beta. It's been in alpha stage, so they could tweak things. Just wait, you'll get to play it again!

FearGhoul
28th Aug 2015, 15:44
I've never been able to do Capture the Body or Flashpoint, because every time I tried, I just waited forever for a match to be made. Hopefully now I can actually play it.

PencileyePirate
28th Aug 2015, 16:30
I like the idea of CTB a lot, and think it has more potential than TDM. I only have one major gripe: the body dragging is far too slow, and because of that it doesn't feel very similar to CTF.

The slow drag speed gives bias towards the human defenders because of the overly long routes (e.g. Fane) and huge amount of choke-points (e.g. Provance) cause the body to end up resetting more often than not. Many of the games I played ended 2-1; I think higher scoring matches would be more intense and enjoyable for all.

Finally a higher drag speed would encourage humans to deploy their team & skills in advance of the body, rather than directly on top of it. I think this could bring about a more interesting meta.