PDA

View Full Version : HUMANS are simply not enjoyable for me

SSoul0
18th Aug 2014, 22:13
Yes, I understand as a human, our goals are to work together to win, but you can work together as a vampire or play independently and still enjoy the match, but as a human, i do either really bad, which drags the team down, or I simply do not enjoy the match as a human. I dont know if its the fact that im not the greatest shot, even with hitscans, whether none of the human classes fit me as a player or the fact that as a human, im essentially locked in a beatdown once i get caught by a single melee hit from a vamp while not being able to get away because all they have to do is spam the LMB and win in close proximity...

maybe its just me as a mediocre player but I wish the humans were more fun to play solo or teamwise.

Sorrowgate
18th Aug 2014, 22:23
There are a few people that find playing as humans to be stale, though that's more to do with the humans feeling a lot like other shooter classes. Things get better as you play, humans actually have the advantage with some experience, but if you don't enjoy them then you don't enjoy them. I don't think anybody would argue against bringing in something fresh to the human faction.

DeathMetalMarine
18th Aug 2014, 22:46
Both sides are fun to play. You just need a good team.

SNurGmcDurg
18th Aug 2014, 23:56
From my experience, I've found that the Vampires individual and team orientated play is more flushed out than Humans.

As a Vampire you play as a melee focused combatant. You get self buffing abilities, a good imitation tool that does damage or impairs your target or some kind of range augmented attack. The classes have a LITTLE more disparity between them when compared to the Human classes, though overall the Vampires are heavily focused around having a critical initiation singularity across the entire team. Which in turn makes their faction gameplay offensive nearly 80% of the time.

Experiencing the Human faction, you're more or less a person with a gun and some AoE abilities to boot. The weapons diversify you to a great extent, but at the end of the day you're still just pulling a trigger and aiming.

It's very "Alien vs Marine" esque. But it's era of technology is medieval rather than futuristic, and the vampires don't bleed acid. So the lack of implementation of close combat fighting between the factions feels very strange, in my opinion.

The games combat is supposed to be asymmetrical, but at the end of the day, Vampires have allot of ranged orientated options available to them, while also being the melee orientated faction in the game.

Butthook
20th Aug 2014, 06:33
I feel that in the lower levels humans are dominated, and in the higher levels humans dominate vampires. humans take alot more practice to get good with, they also take more coordination than vampires do.

EvilSqueegee
20th Aug 2014, 07:00
Prophet seems bland. Hunter is fun but super simple.

Alch and Scout, I feel, are the most deviant gameplay experiences on the Human side. But Vampires... they all feel really different to me. Which is both good and bad, I'd love to kick ass at Reaver but deciever is where I perform well.

Aggggh
20th Aug 2014, 07:13
If you think you can solo as a vampire you haven't gone up against a stacked human team any time recently. Vampires require a lot more coordination than humans. Humans just need to stick together and cover each other.