PDA

View Full Version : PAX PRIME, Seattle - Sphinx Theatre, 28 August - "Bringing Adam Jensen to Life"

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Aug 2015, 22:39
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - PAX Prime 2015 Panel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X2KlPVBrdc&feature=youtu.be)

9X2KlPVBrdc&feature=youtu.be

Recorded at PAX Prime 2015, this panel with the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided team centers around Adam Jensen - his story, his portrayal and his design.

Speakers: Jean-Francois Dugas (Executive Game Director), Jonathan Jacques-BelletĂȘte (Executive Art Director) and Elias Toufexis (Actor - Adam Jensen).

__

PAX Prime, Seattle, WA Aug 28-31, 2015 (http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/deus-ex-mankind-divided-bringing-adam-jensen-to-life)

Sphinx Theatre
Friday 8/28 4:30PM - 5:30PM

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – "Bringing Adam Jensen To Life"

Greg Miller hosts Jean-Francois Dugas, Jonathan Jacques-Belletete and Elias Toufexis, respectively Executive Game Director, Executive Art Director and the actor for Adam Jensen on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

They will provide insight on what it takes to fully realize a character such as Adam Jensen, an augmented covert agent, on the new generation of consoles and PC. While Elias will share his thoughts on doing mocap and recording dialogues, our developers will dive into his story and design, as well as their goals for the experience of playing as Adam Jensen in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. You will also get the opportunity to ask them questions about the game and their careers in the video game industry.

Panelists:
Greg Miller, Jean-Francois Dugas [Executive Game Director, Square Enix], Jonathan Jacques-Belletete [Executive Art Director, Square Enix], Elias Toufexis [Actor for Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided]

ryamkajr
29th Aug 2015, 06:34
Presentation was pretty good.

Demo from the game was more/less the same as the recent long-play video.

Some good Q&A (except for the mermaid-obsessed freak).

Will be posted online in the next day or so over at PAX, otherwise, I would type out key comments and do not want to miss any good ones.

Plus the autograph from Elias did not hurt.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Aug 2015, 12:59
Tell us more about the mermaid-obsessed person you speak of!? :eek: :D

Sweet you got an autograph! :cool:

ryamkajr
29th Aug 2015, 21:52
Some "fan" who though she was being cute, and/or is mermaid/merman obsessed.
Two part question to the panelists:
1. If you had a mermaid tail, what color would it be.
and
2. Would Adam Jensen have some sort of mermaid tail augmentation in mankind Divided.

Most of the audience just rolled their eyes in embarrassment for her.

ryamkajr
29th Aug 2015, 21:57
Some key points:
1. Can completely bypass boss fights
2. Will Malik be back - "no comment". Same with Megan.
3. Will we learn more about Illuminati - of course
4. Will augmentation move towards being more nano vs physical - "not yet, but moving in that way (assuming more sequels)"
5. Art design no longer cyber-Elizabethan, more Corporate-something....

Pretty much there was nothing new in the panel if you have paid attention to the major announcements and seen the long-play video.

All three of the panelists were very involved through the panel. Was definitely worth the time to attend.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Aug 2015, 22:33
Some "fan" who though she was being cute, and/or is mermaid/merman obsessed.
Two part question to the panelists:
1. If you had a mermaid tail, what color would it be.
and
2. Would Adam Jensen have some sort of mermaid tail augmentation in mankind Divided.

Most of the audience just rolled their eyes in embarrassment for her.

How bizarre. :lol:

Some key points:
4. Will augmentation move towards being more nano vs physical - "not yet, but moving in that way (assuming more sequels)"

:cool:

Irate_Iguana
30th Aug 2015, 08:51
Pretty much there was nothing new in the panel if you have paid attention to the major announcements and seen the long-play video.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Squeenix have got a very tight control on the marketing plan. They only release info in waves. Between that no new info will be released. It's why all interviews, previews and Q&A's in a "release phase" feel very similar.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Aug 2015, 15:44
I like that we don't get too much information - particularly as we're still quite a way off from the release date.

I'm a huge fan of viral marketing and EM have done a very good job so far. The Sarif industries site (and subsequent hacking of) for DX;HR was brilliant and I really like the AugAware.Org posters we've seen for DX:MD.

Keep up the good work, EM! :thumb:

vallux
30th Aug 2015, 17:16
Human Revolution had like 4 years between announcement and release. This is way more manageable. Granted, the core of the game is already there.

Irate_Iguana
30th Aug 2015, 17:39
I like that we don't get too much information - particularly as we're still quite a way off from the release date.

They are a bit sparse on information for my liking. I know what I can expect based on the last time around, but I still want to know more about the gameplay. Specifically level structure, AI and stealth mechanics. These things disappointed me in HR and could have been handled better. I want to know if and how they are improved. Not in a general sense, but gameplay specific elements. Although I don't have any hope that they'll show any of that.

Human Revolution had like 4 years between announcement and release. This is way more manageable. Granted, the core of the game is already there.

There probably are several reasons why it won't take that long this time around. First of all they aren't a new team. HR was their first title and they needed time to work as a company. Secondly, they didn't have to build an entire world and feel. A lot of research from HR could be used in creating MD. Thirdly, they aren't being taken over halfway through development. Squeenix coming over and taking control of the company probably contributed to the delays. Lastly, I'm guessing they waited a longer time before announcing MD. Since they already made some titles there wasn't any pressure to profile themselves so they could wait a bit.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Aug 2015, 18:19
I still want to know more about the gameplay. Specifically level structure, AI and stealth mechanics. These things disappointed me in HR and could have been handled better. I want to know if and how they are improved. Not in a general sense, but gameplay specific elements. Although I don't have any hope that they'll show any of that.

Plenty of time for more gameplay videos so I'm fairly sure we'll get to see what improvements they have made with the AI and stealth mechanics. :thumb:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th Oct 2015, 21:02
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - PAX Prime 2015 Panel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X2KlPVBrdc&feature=youtu.be)

9X2KlPVBrdc&feature=youtu.be

Recorded at PAX Prime 2015, this panel with the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided team centers around Adam Jensen - his story, his portrayal and his design.

Speakers: Jean-Francois Dugas (Executive Game Director), Jonathan Jacques-BelletĂȘte (Executive Art Director) and Elias Toufexis (Actor - Adam Jensen).

BridgetFisher
19th Oct 2015, 11:20
Presentation was pretty good.

Demo from the game was more/less the same as the recent long-play video.

Some good Q&A (except for the mermaid-obsessed freak).

Will be posted online in the next day or so over at PAX, otherwise, I would type out key comments and do not want to miss any good ones.

Plus the autograph from Elias did not hurt.

wait-wait are there mermaids or mermen in the game? Would buy a dozen deus Ex games if it did! Deus Ex has yet to have any fantastic elements really focusing more on typical environments that look like the world around us, a city, another city, yet another city etc.... if anything could add fantasy to the world of Deus Ex it would be a conspiracy about the Illuminati suppressing the existence of the Mer-people, maybe with a real live captured mer-person in a secret lab somewhere. People were mean to the mermaid questioner? Buncha haters!

The game director kept saying that they ran out of money to finish the game, but did a good job of delivering the core of they wanted which is good. Just wondering because the last DE game EM ran out of money to release their last patch, does that mean this game wont have any follow up tech support patches because their out of money? Should we be worried?