PDA

View Full Version : Bloody "survivor"

Muphynz
24th Aug 2015, 17:36
I highly suggest NOT selling the reward skin in the cash shop.

Look at league of legends, they reward gold players and up with a unique skin that you can ONLY get by getting gold+.
If they were to sell the same skin (lighter) in the shop, no one would take getting gold/that skin seriously.

It ends up hurting your player base more by making it seem like you are only in this to monetize as much as you can
regardless of how it may affect your player base.

don't sell anything even resembling the reward skin.

Phantomchan
24th Aug 2015, 17:53
As a League of Legends player I agree with this. I think releasing a light variant of the skin devaluates the skin won by the people who have ended in gold or higher. It makes the skin less unique.

GenFeelGood
24th Aug 2015, 18:10
I'd agree if it was the exact same skin; but while it is similarly themed for obvious reasons, it isn't the same. This is more for those who didn't participate in ranked or didn't participate enough to earn the skin, we will have no problem discerning between those who paid and those who played for their skin.

Muphynz
24th Aug 2015, 18:13
I understand that but that isn't the point.
it straight devalues the earned skin by allowing others to BUY their way into it.

sure we can discern the differenc but if its like
north woods witch vs woods witch.....idk

Vampmaster
24th Aug 2015, 18:31
I understand that but that isn't the point.
it straight devalues the earned skin by allowing others to BUY their way into it.

sure we can discern the differenc but if its like
north woods witch vs woods witch.....idk

So it's value lies soley in it's ability to make others jealous?

The Survivor skin is only a consolation and clearly isn't as impressive as the Victor skin.

Muphynz
24th Aug 2015, 18:38
yes. its a unique reward for participating in a beta for ranked and achieving a "higher" rank. (I actually hate the ranked system in this game atm)

if anyone can have it, and it ISNT to monetize more, then give it to EVERYONE who played ranked regardless of tier.

If you are going to have rank specific rewards don't allow EVERYONE to have it just bc they paid money.

Believe me id LOVE to have witch of the north woods but I got a key given to me for closed beta. I didn't purchase a founders pack.
If everyone was able to get that same skin people would get ****...oh wait, that already happened.
Don't do it again. It devalues the skin so much. UNLESS its a completely different skin.

PencileyePirate
24th Aug 2015, 18:55
Are you joking? The bloody survivor skin doesn't do anything to "devalue" the bloody victor.

Muphynz
24th Aug 2015, 18:59
is it the same skin with a lighter tone/shade?

then yes it does.

The difference is LITERALLY headgear.

PencileyePirate
24th Aug 2015, 19:18
The difference is LITERALLY headgear.

The victor's flesh is more bloody and torn, and there's also the shoulder armor, leg armor, hand protector, belt, and cloth drape. Practically everything but his chest/torso area is different.

Grisamentum
24th Aug 2015, 19:57
The Survivor skin is only a consolation and clearly isn't as impressive as the Victor skin.

True.

I think it's fine selling a similar skin. It looks different enough so I'm not bothered by it. Don't get why yall gettin your knickers in a twist, to be honest.
B)

GenocidePete
24th Aug 2015, 21:18
I agree that skins such as this should be genuinely unique, as scarcity makes an item feel somewhat special and encourages people to participate so they don't miss out on such rewards. Given that they sell the evolved skins that should only be rewarded to level 25 players, however, I suspect that won't be the case.

calypso-694
24th Aug 2015, 22:28
this whole thread is invalid simply because of the evolved and the lvl 25 human skins...you can buy them...with money. negating the fact of unlocking them buy playing ur **** off to get to lvl 25. even then there are boosters.

personally ive played my **** off for those skins and it feels good all that work for something that looks damned awesome. and when other players see they think "wow he must have no life" lol. fact is me playing my **** off like others to get those skins doesn't matter one bit because you can buy them. the only thing that differentiates us now from the people who buy them are our playing and how good or bad we are.

the bloody victor skin is different enough and shows it and says "yeah I worked to get to gold or above and I look like I did" the other
diet version says to me "yeah I play and die...but not as much as you guys probably did"

IKathaarI
24th Aug 2015, 23:42
on that note; can the evolved and prestige human skins have a slightly different look if they're earned rather then bought? I just want to differentiate and show that I earned these skins, instead of buying them. just a bit of a pallet swap on their armours or something would be enough for me.

KaininitePriestess
25th Aug 2015, 03:19
Basically, the Devs are "bleeped if they do, bleeped if they don't." People would have been screaming bloody murder if they only made it available to people who reached Gold (they already are anyway) and people are screaming because they made a variant of it available for sale. They're not going to make everyone happy, and the way gamers act, half the time it's hard to believe they're making anyone happy.

As someone who achieved Blood I tier and will be wallowing happily on her Bloody Victor skin, I have no problem with them selling the Bloody Survivor skin. I actually want that one, too. I like being able to see the Hunter's face for once.

Fist_Of_Theos
25th Aug 2015, 03:43
What are you guys complaining about? Did you even see both skins or just freak out after only hearing its lighter tone/shade?
Clearly they are different but a little similar considering they're themed the same.
↓↓↓ Shows both skins. check it. ↓↓↓
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/last-day-of-league-beta-capture-the-body-starts-tomorrow

TheDreamcrusher
25th Aug 2015, 03:43
I feel the skins are different enough to be recognized in the future as to what their origin is. Some people will like the helmets, others won't, but they are distinctly recognizable.

However... the way that rank this league was simply equivalent to the amount of time played to get a number of rank points to earn that skin isn't at all the same as playing well enough to earn that skin.

Raphum
25th Aug 2015, 11:12
Wait, did you guys get your rewards yet? Because I ended Blood I, and I still didn't get anything which I find awkward..?

Edit: nvm xD