PDA

View Full Version : Hotfix - 24th August 2015

Saikocat
24th Aug 2015, 14:03
League Rankings

Added the League Rankings' Hunter "Bloody Victor" skin, earned by hitting and mantaining the Gold rank or above. If you are eligible to receive this prize once the League Beta ends, it will be awarded to your account. Please note the awards will be given out on August 25th.
Added the Hunter "Bloody Survivor" skin, available to purchase in the in-game store for Runestones (this is a lighter version of the "Bloody Victor" skin). This skin will be released into the store on August 25th.

Phantomchan
24th Aug 2015, 14:08
Quite awesome that people can buy the lighter version of the skin, but somehow I think that people who have reached Gold and higher should obtain both skins due to the huge similarities between the both skins (and actually being the same with some adjustments). Not e that this is not a complaint, but rather a suggestion. As I am already happy with obtaining the Bloody Victor skin. Free stuff is always awesome.

Vampmaster
24th Aug 2015, 14:09
Is it tomorrow for both of them or is the Victor available immediately after downloading the patch? Not sure if the beta has ended already or ends after the end of today.

Saikocat
24th Aug 2015, 14:14
The "Bloody Victor" skin is in the update, but you won't be able to get it just yet as there's one more day left in the League Beta. Today/tonight will be the last session, and the last chance to get it :)
So technically, while it's in the game today, you won't be able to get it until tomorrow, after the Beta ends.

The "Bloody Survivor" skin is going into the store tomorrow, I'm not sure on the timings just yet but we'll tweet once it's in there.

riccetto80
24th Aug 2015, 14:32
no other fix/stuff in this patch at all?

we should expect the usual buff/nerf who are never write in patch notes?

Saikocat
24th Aug 2015, 14:34
This is a hotfix purely in relation to the League skins, so not a full patch.

Bigtalon
24th Aug 2015, 14:36
Any clue when the servers will be back online ? I just downloaded the patch, but when loaded the game it says that Nosgoth is unavailable while updating and kicks me out.

Bigtalon
24th Aug 2015, 14:39
Also, If we are already in a league, like the Bloody League, do we already earn the skin, or can we lose our placement before the end of today :P

Endsequenz
24th Aug 2015, 14:47
Also, If we are already in a league, like the Bloody League, do we already earn the skin, or can we lose our placement before the end of today :P

You could get banned for cheating or being impatient. jk :D

Bigtalon
24th Aug 2015, 14:49
Cheating ? LoL Idk why I would be banned for cheating that stuff is for losers, and yes I'm impatient XD but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me having a problem, and the game wasn't messing up cause I the update messed up or something, cause I did d/l it :P just won't let me play now XD lol, Almost to Eternal, and the clock is ticking :D

Saikocat
24th Aug 2015, 14:51
We're back online!

Saikocat
24th Aug 2015, 14:58
Cheating ? LoL Idk why I would be banned for cheating that stuff is for losers, and yes I'm impatient XD but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me having a problem, and the game wasn't messing up cause I the update messed up or something, cause I did d/l it :P just won't let me play now XD lol, Almost to Eternal, and the clock is ticking :D

Can you try again now? We were still in maintenance earlier, but we're back online now :)

Endsequenz
24th Aug 2015, 16:45

ah k...yeah I was just kidding.
Nah I didn´t meant you with cheating...I guess we understood each other. :)

One hint, if you don´t know if nosgoth is up...
you can either check here:

http://www.nosgoth.com/servers

or here if somebody is streaming:

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Nosgoth

Hope these links are alright, if not just delete my post. ;)

Saikocat
24th Aug 2015, 17:03
Absolutely fine to share those! :)
The servers page should always be your first port of call to check if we're online.

Guardian1uk
24th Aug 2015, 23:33
The "Bloody Survivor" skin is going into the store tomorrow, I'm not sure on the timings just yet but we'll tweet once it's in there.

Saikocat, given the fact the start of the leagues was, to keep it polite, a bloody shambles ie the Lag, crashes, micro freezes etc etc, how about giving the bloody survivor skin to everyone who's been active in the league beta since day one with a cut off point being from when the devs tweeked things server side which removed the micro freeze/crashes as way of compensating for the issues that THAT patch caused in the first place? as some have possibly decided to wait things out and possibly haven't qualified for gold upwards as a result? ie that would be a gesture of good will towards the community.

And if in future patches are as bad as that one, could you and ryan please keep the community updated as to whats happening/progress being made etc as a LARGE chunk of peoples frustration and consequently the posts with the rather erm adult langue used as a result, was a result of that frustration etc, where as if as things went along we'd had had updates like "the devs have identified possible issues which we're considering altering some things server side to see if they result in improvements" etc would have resulted in less frustration etc by the community and likely a lot less or no post containing "adult" language.

Psyonix_Ryan
25th Aug 2015, 00:39
Some people are just angry, and no amount of good will can change them on a forum. Thank you for keeping your post polite and to the point, in spite of your frustration.

That last bug was our bad; we've said as much and we'll say it again. We've also stated that we want to keep the lines of communication open moving forward but we will not be over-promising on fixes that we can't deliver (it just upsets the other set of people that think we talk too much). We'll be real with you (and are working on giving you more details as they come up) but we aren't going to mislead you in the process.