PDA

View Full Version : Some skin ideas for the tyrant

Chaosprism
23rd Aug 2015, 15:13
This may or may not fit into lore..

But a "zombie hulk" skin (with some sort of voice processing so it's very slow/deep

and a Construct skin (stone?) again with a voice processing so it's barely understandable and metalic.

obviously these "arent'" clan turelim vampires .
Maybe they could come with special "feed" animations, the construct could convert the body into energy to absorb.
The zombie hulk could "EAT" the brains of it's prey not just drink some blood.

Phantomchan
23rd Aug 2015, 15:43
The problem with the skins are that they shouldn't ruin the integrity of the ambience in the game. 'Fun' skins are fun, but can quite ruin the ambience in a game.

calypso-694
23rd Aug 2015, 17:33
"zombie hulk" skin

that's already in game. The "marked" vampire skins are essentially zombie versions. rotting and heavily scarred, glowing green skin and cracks and eyes. and pretty much possessed by a demonic entity.

Vampmaster
24th Aug 2015, 09:43
that's already in game. The "marked" vampire skins are essentially zombie versions. rotting and heavily scarred, glowing green skin and cracks and eyes. and pretty much possessed by a demonic entity.

They look scarred, not rotting and wouldn't they be on the human side if they were possessed by the hylden? I think it's more of a heavy exposure to glyph/ward-gate energy than possession. It's not as simple as "glowing green = possessed". It's a different effect to what was seen in Defiance, despite being the a similar colour.

lucinvampire
24th Aug 2015, 12:25
This may or may not fit into lore..

But a "zombie hulk" skin (with some sort of voice processing so it's very slow/deep

I'm going to say nope, I wouldn't like to see it in game.

There’s the whole Melchahim to cover the nice rotting, falling apartness, that's zombie like enough for me…

KaininitePriestess
25th Aug 2015, 03:28
It was pretty much confirmed by the Devs that the marked skins are the result of Hylden corruption, so yeah.

And the zombie skin might work somewhat for the Melchahim, like lucinvampire said, but I don't think they'd work for Tyrant, and the mechanical-vampire thing doesn't necessarily fit in with the lore of LoK. (Magnus' appearance in BO2 notwithstanding, since that was a tortured existence forced on him while he was imprisoned in the Eternal Prison. I can't imagine a Tyrant either A: Doing that to himself or B: Allowing it to be done to him.)

Chaosprism
30th Aug 2015, 16:39
The other one that might work is a "flesh golem" type skin where the tyrant has been

repaired by a mechahim's skills, patchwork like.

Arydious
30th Aug 2015, 16:56
The other one that might work is a "flesh golem" type skin where the tyrant has been

repaired by a mechahim's skills, patchwork like.

Yeah I like this.

I know a lot of people are really big into Lore, and not ruining it. I understand that but there is no reason for lore to get in the way of good fun skins.

If you look at other games like LoL or Smite they have tons of skins all over the place. It's just another way to express yourself and for a company to make some money.

KaininitePriestess
30th Aug 2015, 20:17
Let's stick to lore and not make stuff just for the sake of making it. You have a ton of things that can be done with the LoK lore as it is without making random things that don't fit in.

Chaosprism
5th Sep 2015, 08:06
then go ahead and make some suggestions if you know the lore so well

GrayPhilosophy
7th Sep 2015, 07:30
I understand the argument for having funny or otherwise interesting looking but non-lore skins. But I'm going to have to agree with sticking to the more lore-friendly options, or at least keep skins reasonably consistent with the universe of LOK.

While Nosgoth may not be entirely spot on with the lore of the previous games, it still seems like they're going for a consistent art style for the game. Games like LoL are meant to be comical and less serious, despite it's surprisingly rich lore. If they started adding more unserious skins at this point, the game would likely lose whatever credibility it has left, as being a game in the LOK universe.

Vampmaster
7th Sep 2015, 09:49
Looking to break away from the "mindless brute" stereotype here, since that's only the Dumahim's opinion, of the Turelim and not who they actually are. Some of these might seem out of character, but remember, it's a fictional universe with made up cultures and switching out materials and patterns can easily make items look more era appropriate.

A few of these ideas might need slimmer variations of the Tyrant more like the evolved version. Besides, they shouldn't all look like the same person anyway. Oh, and that reminds me I wanted to see a Tyrant with a beard or a goatee.

I think they could do with something with a more authoritative look. A few games I've played have had some pretty huge guys in duster coats that could suit the Tyrants if the design could be made to look appropriate to the era. One game I played had huge Nazi guys in that sort of thing and I'm not trying to suggest coping other games, but it also worked well for some of the tyrants in Resident Evil 2 (the one in big coats early in the game). I imagine them wearing the coats open at the front and still bare chested underneath.

More generally, I'm just thinking of boogeyman type character like Michael Myers or Jason Vorhees. Just one of those huge horror movie stalker dudes. That also reminds be of the boogeyman part at the end of Silent Hill: Downpour. A hangman or highway man type outfit might look good as well.

The sort of robes worn by Shaolin warrior monks looks like of appropriate for the Tyrant's sort of size. I know that it was the Dumahim that originally had the eastern inspirations, but this is different enough from Samurai (IMO) that it still remains distinct. It's also very simplistic which supports their attitude of not giving priority to much outside of combat. I'd like to see more use of the clan's own banner colours, so perhaps this could be in various shades of green.

Another thing that keeps coming to mind when I think of the Turelim is a minotaur. I'm not sure what could be done with that idea, but the proportions in SR1 seem to resemble that sort of thing, with the ears substituting for the horns.

KaininitePriestess
7th Sep 2015, 15:11
No need to be rude, I wasn't trying to out-nerd people on LoK lore. I just think that things should fit more in the nature of the series instead of being just there for funnies.

If you want more ideas, I've always enjoyed the idea of skins where the vampires have armour reminiscent of the Lieutenants' ceremonial outfits. The humans could wear outfits similar to Sarafan, or perhaps there's a mangled Vampire similar to a victim of the Eternal Prison might have appeared.

For "zombies," the Melchahim fit the bill pretty well, though that's more of an Evolved appearance. I love the work done on the Evolved Vampire skins so far, but think it would be kind of awesome if maybe as a reward for something even greater then the level 25 achievement we have now, they made skins that were completely "Devolved" into what they would become in Soul Reaver. So frog-looking monster men for the Dumahim, Cobra-Sharks for Rahabim, Spiders for Zephonim, Zombies for Melchahim, massive, Bat-eared, lanky hulking things for Turelim, and...something conceivably just as extreme for the Razielim.

GrayPhilosophy
8th Sep 2015, 06:38
I love the work done on the Evolved Vampire skins so far, but think it would be kind of awesome if maybe as a reward for something even greater then the level 25 achievement we have now, they made skins that were completely "Devolved" into what they would become in Soul Reaver. So frog-looking monster men for the Dumahim, Cobra-Sharks for Rahabim, Spiders for Zephonim, Zombies for Melchahim, massive, Bat-eared, lanky hulking things for Turelim, and...something conceivably just as extreme for the Razielim.

I think I just found my next art project

KaininitePriestess
8th Sep 2015, 11:20
;D DO IIIT

Ygdrasel
14th Sep 2015, 20:28
obviously these "arent'" clan turelim vampires .

Then obviously they "arent" Tyrants and "shouldnt" get skins suggesting otherwise. And why in hell would they add zombies to the game?