PDA

View Full Version : Retail release?

Heavenlyfire93
23rd Aug 2015, 00:05
I've been putting of buying the rest of the episodes in hopes of a retail disc release. Am I waiting for nothing? Shall I just go ahead and purchase the rest of the episodes? #Hard life

WazzuMan
23rd Aug 2015, 00:51
If they do that at all it won't be until after they release Episode 5, which is still at least a month away. If you are confident in avoiding spoilers and all, I'd say go for it if that's what you want. I, on the other hand, wouldn't change my decision to play each episode on release. The wait is maddening, but the journey feels longer, more personal and more rewarding than I think it would if I played the final product in a day or two. We all have our preferences.

Sneddonator
23rd Aug 2015, 09:36
If they do that at all it won't be until after they release Episode 5, which is still at least a month away. If you are confident in avoiding spoilers and all, I'd say go for it if that's what you want. I, on the other hand, wouldn't change my decision to play each episode on release. The wait is maddening, but the journey feels longer, more personal and more rewarding than I think it would if I played the final product in a day or two. We all have our preferences.

I agree that the wait makes it more fun. I will buy a boxed version too if it comes out.

OHWceta
23rd Aug 2015, 12:30
I'll buy both (already have the season pass). It'd be nice if they had a collectors edition with the OST and maybe an artbook or something.

More money to the developers to get season 2 going. ;)

Sneddonator
23rd Aug 2015, 13:30
You know, I wish they would get their act together with merchandise because they are losing revenue quick smart to fan made stuff. Sorry SE but I've now spent my $30 on a fan made Two Whales Diner t shirt that is first class in quality. Could have gone to the developers as it should. Strike while the irons hot.

OHWceta
23rd Aug 2015, 20:19
I'm already working on some Funko: Pop! figurines.

Seeing as the game fits that niche where the main characters even favor film cameras over digital cameras, a lot of fans are more attracted to physical copies as opposed to pure downloads. Even though it keeps production costs lower.

I know, for example I'm not interested in an iTunes playlist, if I'm getting the OST I want it on CD.

I hear rumors that the creators plan on releasing short stories that focus on Max, Chloe, and the other students after the finale of episode 5. I sure hope they'll be in paperback or a hardcover collection and not just for download.

Ross42899
11th Sep 2015, 23:03
I already bought all episodes at steam so I will not buy the game again as a retail version. But I think a retail version (including all episodes and possible DLC episodes) would nevertheless be a good thing. Some people just prefer boxed games. Some players who haven't heard of the game yet, might pick up a boxed retail version spontaneously if they stumble across the game in a store. And some additional collector's items would be neat as well.

BTW: I think LiS definitely needs official merchandising products.

Alinko
12th Sep 2015, 03:07
At this point, there's no way I could wait. I am weak.

My body is ready.

LostBoy69
12th Sep 2015, 06:12
BTW: I think LiS definitely needs official merchandising products.
I would buy everything

fueledbyram
12th Sep 2015, 12:54
I'm still hoping for a physical copy of the game too. I mean, I'd hate to sound like some hipster but it would be nice to see this game stacked up in my shelf with the rest of the ones I own.

I also agree that they need to up their official merch game. Seriously, this game already has the potential to be a classic and I'm pretty sure people will pay good money for the soundtrack, maybe some shirts or stuff like that. The April fool's joke with Lisa was actually a good one, though. Gotta give 'em props for that.

Ross42899
12th Sep 2015, 13:23
What was the April fool's joke with Lisa? Can you please enlighten me? I've joined the community only a few weeks ago, so I've no idea what that joke was about. Thank you.

fueledbyram
12th Sep 2015, 18:04
You can find it here (http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/life-strange-official-merchandise). :) They posted news about their first official merchandise last April, which turns out to be Lisa the plant, the same one Max has in her room. Haha.