PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Desync In Pyramid of Osiris

HenryMcCoy
22nd Aug 2015, 00:07
After reaching the bridge in the Pyramid of Osiris tutorial level and picking up the first Amulet, granting scattershot and fire bullets, I and my two friends have consistently experienced what I can only call a game-breaking desync bug. For the other players, the host consistently flies up into the air or runs in place, and the hosted players find themselves incapable of destroying any breakable objects or picking up any gems. Despite reloading checkpoints, trying different hosts and restarting the game multiple times, it continues to happen again and again, without exception, making it impossible for us to play the game any further.

Is there any solution for this? Do we all need to complete the tutorial level individually and then meet up? Or is this just a consistent issue with the game?

Treeble
22nd Aug 2015, 15:32
From my experience, on both PC and PS4 versions, this level can't be completed on online co-op. I've been tagging along some friends now the game is free through Plus but always suggest them to finish the first level solo. Even if you get lucky and manage to force a checkpoint past the bridge, it's very likely to desync again just a few moments later.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=151104

It's such a huge bummer because it's the very first level. There are very minor issues on other levels, but nothing as aggravating as this.

HenryMcCoy
22nd Aug 2015, 19:29
From my experience, on both PC and PS4 versions, this level can't be completed on online co-op. I've been tagging along some friends now the game is free through Plus but always suggest them to finish the first level solo. Even if you get lucky and manage to force a checkpoint past the bridge, it's very likely to desync again just a few moments later.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=151104

It's such a huge bummer because it's the very first level. There are very minor issues on other levels, but nothing as aggravating as this.

I took your advice and ran through the last section past the bridge, and . . .

My god, the difference was immense. I had more stability in the 20 minutes I spent messing around at the hub Shrine than in all four tries at doing that bridge section combined. The fact that this kind of almost game-breaking desync happens on the tutorial level for an online co-op centric game is, as you say, a massive bummer.

I have no idea if this is the kind of issue that can be patched, but an easy solution would just be making the first level offline only, surely? Because this kind of massive bug is just gonna ruin so many people's experience of the game, especially with it now being on PS Plus, and given how solid the actual gameplay is, that's such a shame.