PDA

View Full Version : I hope they eliminate XP for defeating enemies

PugPug
21st Aug 2015, 17:49
Yeah, you could pass up all that sweet, sweet XP in theory. But that's difficult to do. Why put us in that position?

In a game all about choices, it heavily incentivized some solutions over others.

Irate_Iguana
21st Aug 2015, 18:21
They have no intention of doing that. They are still putting XP on defeating enemies and non-lethal is still getting a bigger bonus than lethal. It's a stupid system that should be junked.

Sotcitcio
22nd Aug 2015, 14:03
Am I the only that didn't even notice, and when I did I didn't care? I mean, it's deus ex right, just play the way you want and eventually you will get the XP you need. I thought that kind of balance is needed only in multiplayer games. It doesn't affect the difficulty, you can beat the game without getting all the augmentations. I think that whatever playstyle you choose, until the end of the game you will have the necessary augs for that particular playstyle.

Shralla
23rd Aug 2015, 03:10
Unless you XP farm by knocking everybody out with takedowns in which case you just get all the augs you could ever want for any reason.

Of course you weren't the only one who didn't care. Most people didn't care. Most people don't even give a conscious thought to what constitutes good game design.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd Aug 2015, 11:49
Am I the only that didn't even notice, and when I did I didn't care? I mean, it's deus ex right, just play the way you want and eventually you will get the XP you need. I thought that kind of balance is needed only in multiplayer games. It doesn't affect the difficulty, you can beat the game without getting all the augmentations. I think that whatever playstyle you choose, until the end of the game you will have the necessary augs for that particular playstyle.

You are not the only one. Like you, I didn't care about XP points for this or that and I just played the game as I chose.
I guess a lot of gamers like achieving XP points to unlock bonuses - so they're there for those who want them. :cool:

Unless you XP farm by knocking everybody out with takedowns in which case you just get all the augs you could ever want for any reason.

Is this a confession? You cheat! :D

PugPug
23rd Aug 2015, 16:24

Is this a confession? You cheat! :D

After you get the double takedown aug, you can even redirect enemy patrol routes by placing boxes so they walk closer together so you can get even more XP for double takedowns. :rasp:

It's possible to get your first aug point before the end of the Sarif facility, even though the developer commentary said they had to make sure it's impossible so you wouldn't have the social aug so that the scene makes sense. You just have to do nonlethal takedowns on almost every enemy.

Isumbarus
24th Aug 2015, 06:15
It has been said thousand times that it's one of the things that makes the game automatically garbage.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Aug 2015, 10:11
After you get the double takedown aug, you can even redirect enemy patrol routes by placing boxes so they walk closer together so you can get even more XP for double takedowns. :rasp:

It's possible to get your first aug point before the end of the Sarif facility, even though the developer commentary said they had to make sure it's impossible so you wouldn't have the social aug so that the scene makes sense. You just have to do nonlethal takedowns on almost every enemy.

How devilish and cunning. :naughty: :D