PDA

View Full Version : 3v4 Solutions: Ideas

enkaku-silence-
29th Jul 2015, 19:17
I just had the case that we had a leaver in the beginning of a ranked match and this is not fun.
It was 3vs4 all the time and the other team was totally exploiting this and writing "gg" all the time.

Please make a 3vs4 leavable or force to pause the game until someone from the other team leaves (without penalty of course!) and make ranked matches only playable with balanced teams!

Please start ranked games only when everybody is ready (like in private lobbies) to avoid inactive players!

Ygdrasel
29th Jul 2015, 20:00
the other team was totally exploiting this and writing "gg" all the time.

The very nature of a video game, especially competitive multiplayer stuff, revolves around exploitation of things in your favor.
As for "writing gg all the time"...Well, that's hardly a problem.

Unbalanced games are an unfortunate nuisance though. A 'ready' system is good in theory but as the issue here is someone leaving after the match starts, that wouldn't solve this particular scenario.

Would it be possible to render all players immune to damage while teams are unbalanced? Seems the freedom to keep exploring the map while waiting may be preferable to outright pausing if that could be done. Otherwise pausing seems the best option.

enkaku-silence-
29th Jul 2015, 22:44
I don't have a problem with that in normal TDM.
It is great that the leaver gets a penalty, but the problem is the rest of the team still has to suffer from their behavior in ranked matches.

Being immune to damage would be okay. But then someone of the team with the 4 players still would have to leave without penalty (if the leaver does not rejoin, like in my case).

SonixSquad
29th Jul 2015, 23:56
I think if someone leaves in the first half of the first round, DC or deliberate, they should be replaced (if the leaver cannot rejoin).
Not during the second round though, that would be unfair to whoever got picked in the case of being put into a losing (or winning) Ranked match.

I like the sound of turning damage OFF until the match is balanced again and then respawn everyone.

enkaku-silence-
2nd Aug 2015, 00:25
Another solution would be, that one player in the 4 player team has to go to the "bench". Let's just say the one who dies next.
But he doesn't have to sit out for the whole match.

When the next player dies the one currently sitting on the bench respawns instead and the player who just died sits on the bench.

So the match is always even, but not as boring as just sitting out. And dying is "punished" with sitting on the bench.

SonixSquad
2nd Aug 2015, 00:49
Another solution would be, that one player in the 4 player team has to go to the "bench". Let's just say the one who dies next.

When the next player dies the one currently sitting on the bench respawns instead and the player who just died sits on the bench.

So the match is always even, but not as boring as just sitting out. And dying is "punished" with sitting on the bench.

I was thinking a very similar idea earlier. Only I was thinking in terms of the lowest damage scorer/most deaths on the team sitting out. Whoever has the most deaths sits out the round until its 4v4 again or a teammate dies and then has the most deaths in which case they swap places.

Kootkha
2nd Aug 2015, 06:18
Well, agreed. Also, Entering normal TDM with score 3x27 ( on the loosing side of course) can be very frustrating, especially when u can't leave it no longer without penalty. Or the same story on TDM and Ranked, if smbd leaves and abandone ur team with 3x4, and the other team won't stay aside - u can't leave this whithout penalty too. This thing make me nervous everytime it happens.

Great Idea.

ModernD
4th Aug 2015, 18:35
Can't say I like the bench idea too much and I imagine it causing more issues. You get benched you have to sit there and do nothing. I bet most people are going to be afk getting a drink or doing something else and screw it up.

The only solution I can see is getting the spot filled as fast as possible to keep the game even. Give a two minute window for reconnect while a single person in benched and then just let someone join.

enkaku-silence-
5th Aug 2015, 07:44
Can't say I like the bench idea too much and I imagine it causing more issues. You get benched you have to sit there and do nothing. I bet most people are going to be afk getting a drink or doing something else and screw it up.

The only solution I can see is getting the spot filled as fast as possible to keep the game even. Give a two minute window for reconnect while a single person in benched and then just let someone join.

Well the bench idea came to my mind, because I am not an idiot who likes to play 4vs3 and I was the one sitting out by choice. And that is really boring. That's why I thought about a system that on one side forces one player to sit out, but also switches between them.

Dying in Nosgoth happens fast. You probably won't get benched for more than a minute. Just one person of the team has to die and the guy/girl on the bench is back in. And it can happen anytime.
If you want to win you don't go get a drink because you are out of the game for a couple of seconds. That's ridiculous.
We are talking about Ranked Leagues here.

The question I have is: What is the benched player going to see?
Killcam until respawn? Becoming a spectator?
Problem with both is, that he can still communicate with the team, so chat and mic has to be turned off for the benched one.

Getting the spot filled is a bad Idea. I see this in the normal TDM. You are about to win, that's why one in the opposite team leaves and then another player joins, who is better. Suddenly the tides are turned.
Now imagine that in Ranked Leagues. Would be frustrating.

What? You want one person to be benched for two minutes waiting for a reconnect?
A wise man once said: "I bet most people are going to be afk getting a drink or doing something else and screw up."
Seriously, in my suggested system you will probably never be benched for that long.