PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth Community Live Stream - August 21

Psyonix_Ryan
20th Aug 2015, 20:00
Greetings all!

We are pleased to announce that our next Community Live Stream will take place on Friday August 21st from 4pm to 5pm Eastern Time (for your time zone, click here (http://bit.ly/1EFC2MC))!

During the broadcast, which will be on our official Twitch channel (http://twitch.tv/nosgoth), we will be talking to Jonathan Osborne, Lead Game Designer from Square-Enix Montreal! We'll be talking to him about how he got into the game industry, his work on the game, as well as answering your questions in the chat.

What's more, we'll be giving away some digital goodies! Be sure to join us for a chance to win and to get your questions asked to our team!

Hope to see you there!

Vampmaster
20th Aug 2015, 20:13
Greetings all!

We are pleased to announce that our next Community Live Stream will take place on Friday August 21st from 4pm to 5pm Eastern Time (for your time zone, click here (http://bit.ly/1EFC2MC))!

During the broadcast, which will be on our official Twitch channel (http://twitch.tv/nosgoth), we will be talking to Jonathan Osborne, Lead Game Designer from Square-Enix Montreal! We'll be talking to him about how he got into the game industry, his work on the game, as well as answering your questions in the chat.

What's more, we'll be giving away some digital goodies! Be sure to join us for a chance to win and to get your questions asked to our team!

Hope to see you there!

Anything on the Rahabim yet? Or the new map or trading? Hopefully you'll have something new to show us!

Da_Wolv
20th Aug 2015, 21:23
Will you have anything interesting to say about the whole Leagues mess, or is it gonne be another hour of watching a beginner run off alone, miss bolas and pouncing from rooftops?

GenFeelGood
20th Aug 2015, 21:26
Any news about what is gonna happen with series 1 of ranked or possibly showing off that hunter skin we fought for in the beta series of ranked?

Varulven
21st Aug 2015, 02:48
Well, I can't watch it because of a long train ride from lower saxony to bavaria... right in THAT time xD

Psyonix_Ryan
21st Aug 2015, 03:03
Anything on the Rahabim yet? Or the new map or trading? Hopefully you'll have something new to show us!

We begged and pleaded to have something to show you, and we do... :)

Will you have anything interesting to say about the whole Leagues mess, or is it gonne be another hour of watching a beginner run off alone, miss bolas and pouncing from rooftops?

The object of the Community Live Stream is for Cat and myself to spend time with the community, playing a game that we all enjoy and getting to know each other on a more personal level. It is a casual experience as the name implies.

Any news about what is gonna happen with series 1 of ranked or possibly showing off that hunter skin we fought for in the beta series of ranked?

Series 1 is still happening. No delays or anything like that. What questions do you have specifically?

Working on what we can show but we'll fight the good fight to bring more as another "thanks for watching Ryan be terrible at Nosgoth!"

Well, I can't watch it because of a long train ride from lower saxony to bavaria... right in THAT time xD

We won't hold it against you :)

GenFeelGood
21st Aug 2015, 03:32
Series 1 is still happening. No delays or anything like that. What questions do you have specifically?

1) Will there be any changes regarding the cash prizes?

2) If no to the first question, is there anything planned to counter the potential increase in hacks that will come as a result?

3) Will 2 players be able to play together again? Will team vs team be possible in ranked, (premade vs premade, not premades vs randoms)?

4) Is there any plans to take your personal performance into account with your end of match score? It is called solo yet your score is almost entirely at the mercy of your team and their effectiveness.

Thanks Ryan

Rago600
21st Aug 2015, 07:50
Please give us a Short Raodmap at the Stream, for the New Players.

1: Any news on Realese of the New Map
2: Tell us about the Anti Cheat Measures

3: Why isnt the Support answering me at all about the grappling hook wich i bought 2 Times permanent and i still dont have it,....Well at least the Gold´s Away, i see thats its beta but i am to shy to buy it anymore with Gold,...

MasterShuriko
21st Aug 2015, 08:40
When is this in swedish time? 22:00? if I calculated correctly?

Vampmaster
21st Aug 2015, 09:16

3: Why isnt the Support answering me at all about the grappling hook wich i bought 2 Times permanent and i still dont have it,....Well at least the Gold´s Away, i see thats its beta but i am to shy to buy it anymore with Gold,...

They normally release a roadmap at the end of the month, so that will probably be next week.

HexMee
21st Aug 2015, 10:40
The object of the Community Live Stream is for Cat and myself to spend time with the community, playing a game that we all enjoy and getting to know each other on a more personal level. It is a casual experience as the name implies.

Because of your lack of response to the community about this issue we're all like starving wolves and everyone is going to take this opportunity to pounce you with these questions during this stream, i guarantee it.

Da_Wolv
21st Aug 2015, 11:53
Because of your lack of response to the community about this issue we're all like starving wolves and everyone is going to take this opportunity to pounce you with these questions during this stream, i guarantee it.

I already have a .txt file ready and an egg timer at my desktop...
lol
but seriously... It's not like you're not asking for it to happen.

SirRudyMan
21st Aug 2015, 12:28

We begged and pleaded to have something to show you, and we do... :)

So trading is finally coming to Nosgoth? :eek: *high hopes*

Psyonix_Ryan
21st Aug 2015, 15:13
1) Will there be any changes regarding the cash prizes?

2) If no to the first question, is there anything planned to counter the potential increase in hacks that will come as a result?

3) Will 2 players be able to play together again? Will team vs team be possible in ranked, (premade vs premade, not premades vs randoms)?

4) Is there any plans to take your personal performance into account with your end of match score? It is called solo yet your score is almost entirely at the mercy of your team and their effectiveness.

Thanks Ryan

1) Nothing will be announced during the stream regarding changes to the prize structure for Season 1. More of a casual stream rather than a "hype up announcements" stream. That said, we will have some things to show you that are nearly ready for implementation ****

2) Support and Square Enix are looking at what we can do to curb and detect hacking behavior. Currently we do have a fair amount of systems in place and we will continue to close up gaps where new ones may appear or have appeared already. We'll have more about that closer to Season 1 starting.

3) Plans are to bring duo queues back but we need to fix the crashing issue that caused it. Bringing in remade teams is planned but not ready for prime time [players]. Ideally, Solo will be for pickup groups where as premades will stick to the Team ladder.

4) Personal performance is already taken into account (either hurting your less or helping you more) but keep in mind that we're still a team-based game. Having a team that doesn't work well together every now and then won't hurt you immensely in the long-term but repeated lack of teamwork will result in a lower standing at the end of the season. We're looking at how Solo does and how fair it is for the individual and we'll tweak if needed. However, nothing is planned at the moment.

Thanks for the questions! Let me know if you have some more.

When you ask about a roadmap, what exactly are you looking for?

1) New map? Hmmm, funny that you mention it. Seems like it is lurking around here somewhere...
2) See above response.
3) Private message me on the forums and tell me exactly what happened (prior to talking to support).

When is this in swedish time? 22:00? if I calculated correctly?

Click here! (http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/event?lid=5128581,2643743&h=5128581&sts=24002160&sln=16-17&a=show&euid=3839d5cb-6ef1-f294-513a-ceaab73ac8e3)

Cat and I are fairly active in addressing concerns that come up on a work-week basis (Monday-Friday... and I'm a mad-man that works overtime and on the weekends for free). I personally already anticipated being asked a lot of questions (by the way, totally not distracting while playing :nut:) and I'll do my best to answer them. Again, keep in mind this is a Community stream which focuses on hanging out and getting to know the people that make the game.

What isn't being addressed?

So trading is finally coming to Nosgoth? :eek: *high hopes*

*sigh* Now to be the messenger (whom is often shot): Trading isn't going to be shown during the stream. We will have other stuff to show off, though. When our team agrees that Trading is close to coming into play, we'll be sure to post it on the Blog (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog), probably in the State of Play wrap-up. Our focus remains on resolving technical issues that players are reporting, overall stability, new in-game content, and Leagues. Once more of those are crossed off the list, others will take their place.

Endsequenz
21st Aug 2015, 15:53
3) Plans are to bring duo queues back but we need to fix the crashing issue that caused it. Bringing in remade teams is planned but not ready for prime time [players]. Ideally, Solo will be for pickup groups where as premades will stick to the Team ladder.

Kinda sad about this...cuz this will change the difficulty of leagues a lot.
But it makes some sense as you explain it.

What are your plans about hiding lobbies...is it still planed?
And with that I need to ask, what you are going to do for the players that have issues with ppl that can´t stop insulting?
Is a ignore function planed...and an ingame report?

Psyonix_Ryan
21st Aug 2015, 16:18
Kinda sad about this...cuz this will change the difficulty of leagues a lot.
But it makes some sense as you explain it.

What are your plans about hiding lobbies...is it still planed?
And with that I need to ask, what you are going to do for the players that have issues with ppl that can´t stop insulting?
Is a ignore function planed...and an ingame report?

We're looking at a report/dislike/hey-this-player-is-awesome function but nothing imminent.

Saikocat
21st Aug 2015, 16:20
Regarding Leagues Season 1, we're going to be responding regarding the feedback from the main thread. Sorry for the delay on that, we're just getting a few more details and answers internally so that the response is more thorough.

Grisamentum
21st Aug 2015, 18:16
I'm a mad-man that works overtime and on the weekends for free

Wow, that puts alot of the childish demands & whinging on this forum into perspective.
Respect :thumb:

Bazielim
21st Aug 2015, 19:27
I may be working but sounds fun so I'll try to sneak in when I can.:D

Endsequenz
21st Aug 2015, 21:55
I will start giving you a feedback...even tho i will be the bad guy again then.

What was good:

you guys seem alright.

What was not good:

-i watched you wiping for 50min...I would prefer watching 10min of pure info tbh.
(but maybe that´s just me and I am not the best community guy...idc about that too much)
-->or maybe just you two talking about yourselfes on a sofa..with good sound

-the map...
idk I would prefer to have a character walking around alone in the new map over a picture...just to have a view..it doesn´t has to be ready...just get a feeling for it maybe....
or show us some real screenshots of the new scene...idk...a picture...idk.

-you don´t know that you can reload if a deceiver is mincontrolling you.......ähm ok...

-a lot of ppl think that you put more effort into rocket league...since I heard about that..I think so too...it makes sense...cuz the game has a lot more audience.....but does it really has to run in the background?

-idk anything about setting up things on my pc...a friend set up my twitch channel with me...took him half an hour...
I must say...if I would go live for a community ...you can be sure I would have at least tested it out before..to not look totally unprofessional
(and why is the guy who´s not playing the character the big cam on screen?)

I know, I am very critical...I am sorry...but tbh...if I see something like that again..I will prefer not to watch...so understand..that at the end...it is meant good.

I´m sorry...
baba.

FireWorks_
21st Aug 2015, 22:33
I will start giving you a feedback...even tho i will be the bad guy again then.

I know, I am very critical...I am sorry...but tbh...if I see something like that again..I will prefer not to watch...so understand..that at the end...it is meant good.

I´m sorry...
baba.

No, you are not the bad guy. A minimum level of professionalism is nothing bad to be asked.

I didnt enjoy the stream either. Audhumbla and you being great people didnt save it, sorry.

-Even Aud was confused by the loose or missing agenda.
-You didnt manage to hold your time frame and missed the "raffle" you wanted to do. Unprofessional presentation.

-Whole stream was too low on volume.
-Your sound levels were off. Ryan was very low, Aud was just low. So, I had to adjust each time the speaking person switched.
-Keyboard strokes and clicking are a no-go.
-Please, do a proper check of your setup before you go live next time.

-Both of you cant talk while playing as you mentioned yourselves. Its a skill some people aquire when going into competitive gaming or broadcasting... An interview of you two on a couch would have been more fun for everyone involved. You can show a 3rd person playing with the community.

These are basics.

About the content:
-I was a bit wondering why Aud didnt see the leagues not as grindfest only due to the bonus scores.
The point is that people with 10 wins have very similar score. Doesnt matter if 0, 5 or 10 losses. Or even 20... Actually then they are ahead by some points.

-New map is always good. Please make your mind about optimization already while creating it.

-Thanks Aud for giving us some good insight into some background processes.

SirRudyMan
21st Aug 2015, 23:09
*sigh* Now to be the messenger (whom is often shot): Trading isn't going to be shown during the stream. We will have other stuff to show off, though. When our team agrees that Trading is close to coming into play, we'll be sure to post it on the Blog (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog), probably in the State of Play wrap-up. Our focus remains on resolving technical issues that players are reporting, overall stability, new in-game content, and Leagues. Once more of those are crossed off the list, others will take their place.

Thanks for the fast reply Ryan. I hope Trading is getting closer to the top of the list :)

ApollosBow
22nd Aug 2015, 01:06
Wow, that puts alot of the childish demands & whinging on this forum into perspective.
Respect :thumb:

We need to push him harder, I bet he still sleeps, he could be working instead of sleeping.

KaininitePriestess
22nd Aug 2015, 08:54
We need to push him harder, I bet he still sleeps, he could be working instead of sleeping.

Shhhh, careful, people might take you seriously and start actually suggesting this...! :gamer:

Seriously. I would not put it past some people to scream that he's not doing enough work. :|

Shikei001
22nd Aug 2015, 12:08
Okay, normally I just ignore ppl that try to hate something better than someone else...
Give them attention and they will go on and on...

But regarding the stream yesterday you are just wrong...
and the reason behind this, is that you don't understand what the stream was about^^
Despite it has been explained multiple times...

So one last time....
It was a "Community Live Stream" !!!
This means it's purpose was to interact and maybe entertain the community..
There was no obligation of showing new contend... The contend we got to see was a pure gift of their kindness !

@various ppl complaining about the contend ("only" a hunter skin and "only" a picture of the new map)
You guys mistake the "community live stream" for the "developer live stream", that had happend on other occasions !
Yes, things with different names are different things *mindblown*.

On the other hand I have to admit, the stuff with the weird audio and no ingame sound, may have been a bit better with prior testing ;)

Other then that, I rly enjoyed the stream and I'm looking forward to the next one :D
Maybe next time I will actually make it into the lobby :D

PS: I think I will get the skin even if get the "more badass" league reward skin aswell :D Both just awesome :D

Endsequenz
22nd Aug 2015, 12:50
Okay, normally I just ignore ppl that try to hate something better than someone else...
Give them attention and they will go on and on...

But regarding the stream yesterday you are just wrong...
and the reason behind this, is that you don't understand what the stream was about^^
Despite it has been explained multiple times...

So one last time....
It was a "Community Live Stream" !!!
This means it's purpose was to interact and maybe entertain the community..
There was no obligation of showing new contend... The contend we got to see was a pure gift of their kindness !

@various ppl complaining about the contend ("only" a hunter skin and "only" a picture of the new map)
You guys mistake the "community live stream" for the "developer live stream", that had happend on other occasions !
Yes, things with different names are different things *mindblown*.

On the other hand I have to admit, the stuff with the weird audio and no ingame sound, may have been a bit better with prior testing ;)

Other then that, I rly enjoyed the stream and I'm looking forward to the next one :D
Maybe next time I will actually make it into the lobby :D

PS: I think I will get the skin even if get the "more badass" league reward skin aswell :D Both just awesome :D

Hi Dude.
Nah...I am not trying to hate.
It was my honest opinion.
Maybe you are right about what you say.
But I don´t see something like that as a gift.
More as...well I will not say it then.

I don´t understand what you mean with hate something better then someone else..but well whatever.
They asked for feedback..so I gave it to them.

If they want me to watch in future, these are the points I want them to work on...
it was the first time I watched.
And yes...I see it only as a skin or map-picture (pencil drawn...not a real pic of the map)...not because of what it is..because I read the thread the morning before...and how it was announced...and at the end...it was nothing ppl wouldn´t know that it will come..you know.

It is not entertaining me, to see ppl play, that seem to not play very often.
Also I see random 5 viewer streamers bringing up better quality, then I saw there...and that is the main point at the end...
if you set something up once a month...I would like to see something different then ppl playing 50min of match for the community, even if it would be good gaming, as you can see almost every day on twitch.

I know they will not like that...and that it is not in my favour to do so...but that is what a feedback is there for...to let them see what was good and what not.
It wasn´t meant to destroy the fun ppl might have with it...but tbh...well I will not say it again.

I am here to try to get the best out of this game and out of this community...
I will be critical as long as I feel like doing that...
and watch the trend for some time....and I already told you what will happen if things are like this...same is with the game.

If you see ppl as evil or childish for giving a honest feedback...even if it looks degrading...well I am sorry then...but I am not going to sit there and smile while I feel like the ship is going down.

But thank you for saying that...I knew some will understand it that way...
an opportunity for me, to point out why I see it that way.

I liked these two...they seem like nice ppl...but that´s just not enough my friend.

-----------------

Edit:
I thought about this and wanted to edit it a bit, so I am not just the guy that says...not good.
I´m now trying to bring in some suggestions, how a community stream could be filled better, once a month.
It will not be many, cuz I just thought about it...but maybe someone else can throw in some ideas...or if you like it the way it is, you can just ignore them...I am fine with that.

here they are:

-a lot of talking instead of playing

some questions were already answered in the afternoon, in this thread before the stream started...
-->these questions could have been brought into the stream...yes I know...this will put you guys in a position where you repeat "we can´t really answer that now"...but maybe it can be just talked about it, so you see what the community is thinking and the community can see (without searching the forums) how you see things and why you do them

-opening straw polls to see what the community wants if something is unclear.. and after, put them into the forum aswell maybe...to reach more ppl

-for the extreme nerds maybe some fanart....showing some well drawn pictures I saw in the german forum for example and talk about them and the history behind them, or show some photos I see in the forum a lot

-talking about nosgoth lore..for ppl that don´t know much about it

-from time to time, maybe fungames...
okay...but if...why not do funny things...like playing only sentinels against scouts, as we don´t have different gamemodes yet

-maybe skype grp-conferemce...where multiple ppl (or whoever) can talk about what they like or not...or while playing (point above) , just to laugh and see them get mad cuz it´s so unfair/stupid

-talking about the esl teams maybe (one team each month)
...who they are...where they are from...what classes do they like...nothing too personal...just some standart info
(man...they will love that)...and it might get more ppl into it..cuz they want to be shown there sometime too

-not giving away multiple boxes to ppl...maybe just give away one thing each month...which you raffle...maybe like a skin or banner, which is not so easy to get...or create a cool community stream banner

-maybe bring the ppl that like to stand in the community spotlight to the stream and show everybody who they are
...for example this girl...idk her name anymore..green toe or something...so I can see her^^
(jk guys....JUST KIDDING)

-what else...mhm...idk...maybe create a thread each month for a theme in the community stream...so you can talk to the devs and are able to say...okay...this way we "are planing" to go

okay...this text is getting to long...my boy will punish me for that, if I don´t stop now...so maybe something like that...idk..just trying.

peace

RainaAudron
23rd Aug 2015, 14:15
Let me remind you guys to stay on topic and please try to avoid personal jabs at each other as well. Thanks.

Phantomchan
23rd Aug 2015, 15:40
I have missed the community stream sadly, but I see a lot of people criticizing the community stream and such. I can't criticize due to the fact I haven't been there and my opinion would be based on the statements left by previous members if I would leave criticism.

I do know a good example of a nicely polished and fun to watch 'Community Stream/Dev Stream'. The community streams of Splash Damage, the creators of Dirty Bomb are a nice example of a community/dev stream done right (in my opinion). The stream really engages with the community and addresses their concerns well, whilst the guests starring in the streams keep the content fresh and talk about what they have done and are doing on the game. Also, the ambience during the stream is really laidback (as there is a lot of jokes often in the stream) which makes it even better in my opinion. They have had some less good streams though, but overall I'm quite happy with the content they deliver and how they engage well with the community.

Also, I can't judge about the behaviour of the viewers as I wasn't there, but I want to say that people shouldn't keep spamming their concerns. Surely they are noticed by the developers, but not might be addressed in the stream. Do also note that devs tend to talk vague regarding ETA's, as promises will add more pressure to address the fixes/bugs and whatsoever, so do also understand that.

Saikocat
24th Aug 2015, 14:46
Just want to stress to keep this constructive, there are things that will improve over time and more we can do, but bashing or arguing doesn't help anyone. The intention with the streams is for Ryan to be able to interact with you guys in a live way, play sessions with the community and get to know everyone better. It isn't a big reveal/announcement stream. Those would be announced quite differently so you have a heads up.

For the contest, I just want to update to say the winners had been picked, and have now received their chests (check your inventory!).

The winner's of Friday's Community stream giveaway are SvPaass, Captain3009, SummerEnds, Ov3RT4K3R, Gugulug5000, ZittoN, Defnetly Not Furaboo, [RM]drew. Congrats, guys!

Captain3009
24th Aug 2015, 15:04
Woohoo, got a chest. Thank you Cat and Ryan. :flowers:

Vampmaster
24th Aug 2015, 15:20
It isn't a big reveal/announcement stream. Those would be announced quite differently so you have a heads up.

Any of those coming up? For next week's State of Play maybe?

Psyonix_Ryan
24th Aug 2015, 17:24
Guess you'll have to look for the State of Play update to find out :rasp:

Vampmaster
24th Aug 2015, 18:12
Guess you'll have to look for the State of Play update to find out :rasp:

I mean sometimes the State of Play comes in the form of a twitch stream. Unless you mean like when Cat teases about future teases of an upcoming tease.

Psyonix_Ryan
24th Aug 2015, 20:52
No, we always have a proper State of Play update in written form. Soon, my friend.